• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

Rocann

Smash Lord
don't do that

he's being a stupid dumbface but he's just arguing his point even though it doesn't matter, if you tell someone they can't come just because of that, regardless of how annoying it was... it just looks bad

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i told him earlier to stop talking to me about it over and over or i wont want him to go

he keeps persisting bringing it up like 5 times today on aim alone and complaining to other people about it. It wasn't even like next time he said it i banned him, no, it was like 4 more times later he has brought this up. I asked him not to every time and he wouldnt stop regardless.

hes now picking arguments with people saying harsh stuff and in any kind of debate with people all he pretty much says is that your stupid if you dont agree with him. if hes there in person he will be a nuisance and will not let the issue drop about it.

no 14 year old johns. weve let him slide time and time again but he wont stop.

skyheart

Smash Lord
Wow just read your post chibosempai, xzax sounds like he's disrespectful on aim...*shrugs* he is 14 man

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
If we can't have some fun this sunday, imma be mad. It's just in singles MK is banned. Deal with it.. next biweekly, everything is back to normal. Just like I have to deal with things I don't like, doesn't mean the MK people can't deal just as equally. This is a one-time thing.

I mean goddamm

TL;DR
deal with it or don't come, no one will miss your presence

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i told him earlier to stop talking to me about it over and over or i wont want him to go
Everyone, I'm holding a tournament and ROB is banned, no one is allowed to talk to me about this whatsoever because I have my reasons. It's obvious that there is a legitimate case to ban him and you are a moron if you think otherwise. If you try talking to me about it on multiple occasions and tell me it makes no sense, I don't want you to show up.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised

Everyone, I'm holding a tournament and ROB is banned, no one is allowed to talk to me about this whatsoever because I have my reasons. It's obvious that there is a legitimate case to ban him and you are a moron if you think otherwise. If you try talking to me about it on multiple occasions and tell me it makes no sense, I don't want you to show up.

14 year old kids don't exactly make the best discussions. I think Xzax (from what Chibo is saying in this thread) is just trying to peeve Chibo more than anything.

Yo, Ak. If the MK hate comes to you during the tournament, play with me. Ganon is always fun to play against. I'll make sure the **** keeps coming- all day, every day.

Oh, and by the way, I disagree with the ban because I am entirely against the principle of banning characters. It has nothing to do with the specifics of the DSO tournament or anything like that. This is a response to whoever asked why I care about this ban if DSO is my only real tournament experience.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

stop discussing this so often since ur not even coming to it. You're completely out of the loop and dunno what's going on. I did discuss it with people. I did discuss it with Xzax. Other people have seen my reasoning as well, I'm not the only one on this. Xzax however found it ok to constantly annoy me and not leave me alone for days about this.

skyheart

Smash Lord
Yeah for reals guy, stop it with the MK cries. And to those that won't attend, please get out of thread.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
14 year old kids don't exactly make the best discussions. I think Xzax (from what Chibo is saying in this thread) is just trying to peeve Chibo more than anything.
That's not why I posted that.

no more discussion about the mk ban, seriously everyone, its rly getting annoying
I've said my main argument for MK over and over and over that I felt it didn't need to be repeated here again.
Chibo refuses to state legitimate reasons for any of his rules. He has been like this since he started throwing tournaments. I argued from the beginning with him that Norfair and Hanenbow shouldn't be allowed and he just said that the stages are fine. I am going to make fun of him if he can't explain why his rules are fair to everyone who asks.

stop discussing this so often since ur not even coming to it.
I'll discuss whatever I want, wherever I want, thanks. You've said everyone who disagrees with the idea that Meta is ban worthy is ignorant. You demonized everyone in the argument in this thread, and YES, there IS going to be an argument in this thread if you ban Meta Knight at a biweekly when he was previously unbanned. People want to know WHY the rules are the way they are, if you have a problem with that you probably shouldn't be a TO.

You're completely out of the loop and dunno what's going on.
No. I read what you said, it's just that what you said was dumb.

I see it as: At the highest level of play. MK is not bannable. The absolute top players have taken down plenty of MK like ADHD, Atomsk, Ally, Snakeee, etc. However, from bottom to high level play, MK is broken. The player facing the MK has to be such a higher skill than the MK player in order to win.
Only garbage rulesets tailor to the sucky players. At the highest level of play, Mew2King doesn't lose in Brawl. Does that mean he should be banned from your tournaments? OBVIOUSLY not. If you attempted to argue that, you would get the same backlash you're getting from the Meta players. NO ONE intelligent is tolerant of BAD logic. It's not that you need to be far more skilled than an MK player to beat them if you're not a top level player; it's that low level players suck and don't know how to deal with easy to beat strategies like Meta's spamming dsmash/tornado/etc. This is similar to low level players not knowing how to beat exclusively wavedash back fsmash and grab from a Marth player in Melee. THAT DOES NOT MAKE MARTH BANWORTHY, it just means the people who lose to that are BAD.

If the MK mains can't even think of a good reason for him to stay legal besides HE'S NOT BAN WORTHY (tell me why he's not ban worthy -_- ) then who is going to argue correctly for keeping him legal.
YOU better argue correctly for keeping him banned since it's YOUR tournament. YOU need to be able to debate why EVERY part of the rules is fair. As for why he's not banworthy, that's because competitive Brawl is not "who is better with Meta Knight?" That is the ONLY time something should be banned. IF you're banning anything for any other reason, you're only doing it because you're a scrub who sucks at dealing with whatever you want to ban.

I did discuss it with people. I did discuss it with Xzax. Other people have seen my reasoning as well, I'm not the only one on this.
A discussion does not consist of you saying you refuse to discuss your reasons.

This is however only a biweekly, not a major tourney. I would never make such harsh changes at a big tourney. I've used biweeklies in the past to test new rules to see the potential for their use in bigger tournies. I started out testing Norfair and Japes at biweeklies, not at a larger tourney.
And did you see the backlash you got for allowing Norfair and Japes at CoT4? Who told you both of those stages sucked balls for months? Me. Unlike you, I don't need to "test" anything at a biweekly or a major tournament to be able to tell if something deserves to be banned or not banned. It is EXTREMELY obvious if you just look at it as "Does it break the game? Does it come down to x vs x?" If yes, ban it. If no, don't.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
for some reason spammer, u say i havnt explained myself yet iv said why mulitple times in this thread. did u miss the giant post i made about it?
plz stop complaining. if u dont like it, dont come.

how come md va can have a mk ban tourney and everyones like yay! lets try it out! have fun!
but if u do it near nj all u get is backlash

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
for some reason spammer, u say i havnt explained myself yet iv said why mulitple times in this thread.

did u miss the giant post i made about it?
LOL

Summary of Chibo's posts about Meta being banned

Post 1 - MK is banned
Post 2 - No he's not banned because of M2K
Post 3 - STOP WHINING ABOUT THE META BAN GUYS! NOTICE HOW EVERYONE WHO IS COMPLAINING MAINS META? LOOK AT THE BIAS1!
Post 4 - spammer, you're an idiot, there is no reason to ban ROB, there def is a reason to ban Meta
Post 5 - I'm guessing this is the giant post since it's a big wall of text flaming everyone who disagrees with him except Vex and Umbra. I addressed your bad reasoning in my last post, all of which you ignored except for the fact that I posted it, good stuff.
Post 6 - If PA enjoys Meta banned tournies we are all enlightened and ahead of the rest of the community
Post 7 - That doesn't change my opinion about the Meta ban
Post 8 - I am a genius and the complaints of the mediocrity in the smash community will not deter me.
Post 9 - I am a genius and the complaints of the mediocrity in the smash community will not deter me.
Post 10 - Rogue Pit is not the reason I banned Meta Knight
Post 11 - Clai stop talking about the Meta ban
Post 12 - I want to ban Meta forever
Post 13 - Stop discussing the Meta ban spammer.
Post 14 - Stop complaining and don't come.

how come md va can have a mk ban tourney and everyones like yay! lets try it out! have fun!
but if u do it near nj all u get is backlash
We don't all smoke pot and lose to Inui(LOL.) Nah, but seriously, it's only because a lot of MD/VA hates Meta Knight and camping. That would be because camping Meta Knight and camping in general is extremely boring to fight. They should all just quit Brawl if they hate camping that much though.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

We don't all smoke pot and lose to Inui(LOL.)
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFGDFHGHFDHTDHRFHGDSFHJGRHGRTHJTEHJEG
DEGHEARGRGHREHERGERGREGREHERH
erHGERGERGREHGERHREGERGERGERGER
rGERGERGERSGSERGERGAWEHJYJKNB
gWERJ5644WERWEQVFSDNDFSVSADG

skyheart

Smash Lord
There's nothing wrong with banning MK once, it's more of a test imo, and if it turns out to be a fine idea, then run with it. It's not wrong to try new things.

Rocann

Smash Lord
There's nothing wrong with banning MK once, it's more of a test imo, and if it turns out to be a fine idea, then run with it. It's not wrong to try new things.
the only problem (and the reason I was opposed to it, although at least I have the sense to see that it's chibo putting together this tournament and if he wanted to ban everybody but ROB, he has the right to do so) is that there aren't any players except xzax and m2k really, maybe a few others that might come, that would get hit by the ban. it wouldn't affect anything and thus you couldn't really TEST anything. my only problem now is that I have been a little lenient with my wallet banking on the fact that I would probably win or get 2nd place at this biweekly :(

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Chibo, you are such a push over. If you wanna ban a character do it and deal with the back lash from the community. If xzax is annoying you over aim, block him until the tourny. As the only Brawl TO in South East PA, you have ultimate final call on how YOUR tournament is run. Where else are people gonna go?

skyheart

Smash Lord
the only problem (and the reason I was opposed to it, although at least I have the sense to see that it's chibo putting together this tournament and if he wanted to ban everybody but ROB, he has the right to do so) is that there aren't any players except xzax and m2k really, maybe a few others that might come, that would get hit by the ban. it wouldn't affect anything and thus you couldn't really TEST anything. my only problem now is that I have been a little lenient with my wallet banking on the fact that I would probably win or get 2nd place at this biweekly :(
Yes but that kind of retardededness isn't going to happen, chibo isn't going to do something ridiculous as banning all chars except rob, chibo knows he isn't going to win this tournament, he's not doing this so he himself can win, regardless if he bans mk or not, that m2k guy is going to win this tournament with his secondaries because not every pro is showing up, if any...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i dont even care, i just practiced with m2k yesterday and im'a **** all you metaknights

ALL TWO OF THEM

edit: new rule - chibo's videos for the masses rule. its on the first page.
pretty much, if a tourney match gets recorded, it can be uploaded online.

Top Bottom