• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
mk isnt the only counter to olimar....

i didnt do this because of m2k going
i didnt kno he was coming till after the ban. but iv been planning the ban for a while

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
imma pick up snake and beat chibo, so next time snake will be banned....

xzax1337 (2:47:24 AM): if i pick up snake
ChiboSempai (2:47:24 AM): what happened to b4
ChiboSempai (2:47:25 AM): when u said
ChiboSempai (2:47:38 AM): sure, ban him
ChiboSempai (2:47:39 AM): not a prob
xzax1337 (2:47:41 AM): and whoop ur asas with snake
xzax1337 (2:47:45 AM): will u ban snake
ChiboSempai (2:47:50 AM): i like how the only complainers so far are mk mains
ChiboSempai (2:47:51 AM): **** u
xzax1337 (2:47:53 AM): i will wargam ur ***
xzax1337 (2:47:56 AM): wargasm
xzax1337 (2:47:58 AM): lol
ChiboSempai (2:48:07 AM): iv been wanting to ban mk since b4 u beat me that one time at xzaxfest 2
xzax1337 (2:48:08 AM): vex is going to ***** at u
xzax1337 (2:48:17 AM): yeah cuz ur dumb
xzax1337 (2:48:19 AM): i lost to xzax
ChiboSempai (2:48:20 AM): shutup
xzax1337 (2:48:21 AM): ban mk
ChiboSempai (2:48:31 AM): block time

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman

LOL Chibo

ChiboSempai (2:48:07 AM): iv been wanting to ban mk since b4 u beat me that one time at xzaxfest 2

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
i can understand banning MK for brawl + cuz tornado is gay, but banning MK for regular brawl is ********
dude havent u realized chibo is the only one that ALWAYS complains about mk no matter WHAT. he isnt going to change his mind, he acts like pride a lot. Just go snake olimar diddy and falco everyone

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Point 1: Olimar is hard countered by Luigi and Peach still.. by all means he isn't broken, just difficult to deal with. Some characters can't deal with Olimar though.

Point 2: Instead of banning MK, just do brawl+ and there aren't any good MKs in PA anyways... [I'm not complaining however, i don't CARE about brawl....]

Point 3: You can't say "since before" Because "since" is a synonym for after and we all know "before and after" are antonyms.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I wonder how I'll do this time around.

Is Metaknight banned in doubles too? He's good in doubles but not the best.

I'll let people know about this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no more discussion about the mk ban, seriously everyone, its rly getting annoying

and wtf xzax at posting an aim convo of us. i dont need a 14 year trying to argue with me at almost 3am for no apparent reason. you said to me yourself before that you wouldnt mind if he was banned at a biweekly cause u would just go pit or some other character.

loosing to u that one stupid time has nothing to do with this. you always let freicken wins go to your head. same thing with last time u beat me in like october. but guess what, between those times i beat u in 3 sets (mm or tourney). or was it 4. i forget. if u dont want mk banned, then step it up and hold your own tourney.

and of course, isnt it strange that the only ppl who have complained about this so far are mk mains?
gg, bias fail

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Point 1: Olimar is hard countered by Luigi and Peach still.. by all means he isn't broken, just difficult to deal with. Some characters can't deal with Olimar though.
Seriously, who the hell plays Luigi or Peach?:laugh:

Chibo, you do not want to live with the regret and despair of a Meta Knight ban. :urg:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there is almost some reason for why mk should be banned
there is no sense behind banning rob
lol i knew someone was gonna say that. but to each their own. i would still enter lol

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Banning Metaknight is absolutely stupid, Chibo. Really, at this point there is no reason why Metaknight should even be considered ban-worthy. If you're going to ***** about the complaining, at least give a valid reason other than, "I already planned it, so it's happening." Don't do this, Chibo, it's so freaking dumb.

+Don't you think for a second that I picked up Metaknight since the last time. I never play Metaknight. Then again, everyone counters Ganondorf, so what's one more character? Heh.

Now as to who the Metaknight mains will pick... let's see... multiple jumps... a sword... stupid amounts of priority... a glide... a tendency to be really, really homosexual... methinks...

F************CK YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Rocann

Smash Lord
either m2k or vex would win if MK was banned, I don't really think I can beat m2k's snake (the matchup is about even), but maybe vex could? I don't know anything so I wouldn't rule out anything besides me winning

and neither luigi nor peach hard counter olimar...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
eh, either: 65:35 =/= hard counter (close enough..) or.. the Olimar boards just think Luigi and Peach do better than they really do in the MU.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Lol if Chibo wants to ban MK then let him do it...the back room even said that they wouldn't mind TOs banning MK if it would attract more participants or whatever

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Lol if Chibo wants to ban MK then let him do it...the back room even said that they wouldn't mind TOs banning MK if it would attract more participants or whatever
but chibo aint banning mk for a good reason. he just *****es about mk and act like a 17 year old girl like hes mad dumb when it comes to mk

_umbra_

Smash Champion
you guys should all just play melee, it's so much better than brawl :)

seriously though, are you really willing to weaken your crew/city by taking away their practice against the best character?

maybe if he was banned everywhere else it would make sense, but the last thing you want is to be out of practice vs mk when you face people from out of the area, especially with our crew battle coming up (eventually...)

out of curiosity, what made you decide to ban him all of a sudden?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The only reason I am contemplating allowing him again is because of what Vex said. It's the first true valid argument here. Before that, it was all MK mains b1tching and calling me stupid.

My reason for doing it wasn't "because I already planned it," but that was the truth. Read back in this thread or talk to me a while ago. I had said next biweekly will be MK banned, most ppl prob don't remember it though cause the last biweekly was a while ago. People we're cool with it. Xzax was fine with it even (who is so adamant about him being allowed now).

I've said my main argument for MK over and over and over that I felt it didn't need to be repeated here again. I understand people have different views on it, but they should be free to make the decision they want. It's ignorant to flat out say he is completely not ban worthy, as it's dead obvious there are some reasons, it's just up to people to decide if those reasons are enough to have him banned. I see it as he has no bad matchups. Some maybe argue some might be even, which ok, maybe he has an even one or two, but he doesn't lose to anyone. While you can't just ban a character for being the best in the game, every other character in the game has at least one bad matchup (waits for Xzax to say what all the NJ players say). Why should every single character in the game have to deal with a bad matchup somewhere except for one? It makes no sense, why doesn't everyone main MK? Maybe the playstyle just doesn't fit some players. But the fact that after I said this out of the people complaining two players have already said they picked up MK since the last biweekly only helps prove my point. Why wouldn't you?

There's also the oh so popular "Rogue Knight" story lol. Rogue Pit loses to Jash multiple times over the course of 3 tourneys. Picks MK which he practiced for less than a week (compared to almost a year of Pit), and wins. I see it as: At the highest level of play. MK is not bannable. The absolute top players have taken down plenty of MK like ADHD, Atomsk, Ally, Snakeee, etc. However, from bottom to high level play, MK is broken. The player facing the MK has to be such a higher skill than the MK player in order to win.

I just don't see how people actually expect me to change my mind if all you use are stupid, pointless, bias reasoning. Here are the replies I have gotten about it on the thread so far:

GenesisJLS (Who mains MK somewhat I guess) - Tells me to not ban him, and says that he's been practicing MK for 3 months and is angry that now I'm banning him after he put work into him. Later cites false information and claims it's because I'm scared of M2K winning the tournament. Doesn't drop the argument even after I ask people not to since the topic has been beaten to death for months and is just making spam in my thread, mostly contributed by him and Xzax.
Mew2King (Who mains MK) - Just calls me retarted.
Xzax (Who mains MK) - 14 kid who cursed me out on AIM about this at 3AM then pastes only a section of the conversation on SWF to make me look bad. Back when I made the original decision to ban him like a month ago, Xzax was completely fine with it and somewhat supported it. Only repeats whatever other players (especially from NJ) says and has no personal opinion about it. Still thinks I'm banning him because I lost to him at a small 9 (I think) person tourney at his house, despite me having a positive record on him. Claims that he will pick up Snake, beat me with him, making me want to ban Snake. Says I'm the only one that whines about it despite not whining at all. I've used logic to back up what I said as I re-described here. Says I act like a 17 year old girl (who is still older than 14 lolol)
Ussi - Says it doesn't matter with banning him since there are no good MK's here. This not only puts down other players like Xzax (who are better than him), and he also seems to forget that the best MK (and best player) in the world lives about a half hour from the venue. gg.
Bnzaaa - Is interested to see how it will turn out. This could be the first MK banned tourney in PA afterall. Tries to reason logically by seeing if he is allowed in doubles. (Btw, this is a good reply imo)
Spammer (Who mains MK, and who won't even go to this) - Tries to make me think what if my main was banned. Clearly a completely different story. ROB doesn't fit the criteria I laid for banning MK. Then calls me stupid for trying to ban him.
Clai (Who picked up MK recently) - Says it's stupid to ban him without giving his own reasoning for why he thinks it's stupid. Says I didn't explain myself even though I did in the past and have in other threads. I guess this thread an explanation is for posters like you.
Vex Kasrani - Has made the best reply since I said MK was banned (and later explained it more thoroughly on AIM), and has given me the only good reason for re-considering the ban.
Andy - Doesn't think he will win if MK is banned, which seems to imply that he doesn't like it for that reason. Could be wrong though, but that's how the post came off.
Truth - Said do it if that's what I want to do. Thank you. Reasonable post here.
Ak - Doesn't care, just wants to smash. Reasonable post here. Later offers another rule he feels could be well implemented. Positive contribution to the conversation.
Skyheart - Just keeps talking about Melee lol. But he won't even go to this, so w/e it doesn't concern him.
.com - Is depressed from all the complaining that instantly spawned from me saying he's banned that he doesn't even want to play Brawl. He has tried to also spark civilized discussions about the MK ban and they have always been met with stupid remarks like the ones in this thread.
Umbra (MK main) - Repeated the main good rebuttal in this thread and wants to know the reasoning for banning him. Is not being explosive and arguing about it. THE FIRST MK MAIN IN THIS THREAD TO ACT CIVILIZED WTF.

Every MK main that has posted here has either acted immature, or has not contributed at all to the conversation/debate and has instead said things like it's stupid or that I'm ******** for trying to do it. Posts like these want me to keep him banned. If the MK mains can't even think of a good reason for him to stay legal besides HE'S NOT BAN WORTHY (tell me why he's not ban worthy -_- ) then who is going to argue correctly for keeping him legal. Umbra does not fit in with this description and has instead made a constructive post. +10 cool points.

Throughout the sea of terrible posts in the past 3 pages or so, a few posts stood out, and it's the quality posts like these that spark good debate/discussion and if they were on the side of wanting him unbanned, have succeeded in making me re-consider it. Kudos to these people, but the others are ruining it for you.

Rocann

Smash Lord
tl;dr

lol but no really chibo don't ban him. you're right, more practice is good, and there's not a single player I've ever played that could beat me, that I don't think would beat me without MK (although I can only think of 3 people off the top of my head that I would pretty definitely lose to, and two of them do play MK, they'd probably beat me with secondaries.)

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Banning MK only weakens our state.
seriously though, are you really willing to weaken your crew/city by taking away their practice against the best character?

maybe if he was banned everywhere else it would make sense, but the last thing you want is to be out of practice vs mk when you face people from out of the area, especially with our crew battle coming up (eventually...)

out of curiosity, what made you decide to ban him all of a sudden?
How would one tournament with him banned weaken our state THAT much? I think some of you are being overdramatic, if he was totally banned statewide then there would be a problem...but I consider tournies like this a break from having to face 20 f**king MKs at every tournament which gets HELLA boring. And this (I think) is the first to experiment with the MK ban in the area. If it works out, maybe other TOs will occasionally experiment with the ban as well and see if it improves their community or not...if it doesn't, it doesn't and he stays legal in all future tournaments. Keep an open mind instead of being all "OMG WE'LL SUX NOW CUZ WE HAF NO PARCTISE." If you main MK and don't like the rules, don't go then.
*throws up flame shield, runs like hell and ducks for cover*
:dizzy:

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
How would one tournament with him banned weaken our state THAT much? I think some of you are being overdramatic, if he was totally banned statewide then there would be a problem...but I consider tournies like this a break from having to face 20 f**king MKs at every tournament which gets HELLA boring. And this (I think) is the first to experiment with the MK ban in the area. If it works out, maybe other TOs will occasionally experiment with the ban as well and see if it improves their community or not...if it doesn't, it doesn't and he stays legal in all future tournaments. Keep an open mind instead of being all "OMG WE'LL SUX NOW CUZ WE HAF NO PARCTISE." If you main MK and don't like the rules, don't go then.
*throws up flame shield, runs like hell and ducks for cover*
:dizzy:
I wont flame you, but its not being dramatic, if this goes well, chibo will do it again and again and again, continually banning MK. One tournament is nothing.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
chibo the only reason i give you a hard time about **** is because u do the same exact thing to me. like mk isnt that broken, but you dont see that. even though most people dont want him banned u do it anyway. Your going to ban mk when theres only 2-3 mk mains out of 20-30 ppl. GG

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
chibo the only reason i give you a hard time about **** is because u do the same exact thing to me. like mk isnt that broken, but you dont see that. even though most people dont want him banned u do it anyway. Your going to ban mk when theres only 2-3 mk mains out of 20-30 ppl. GG
He has a reason for wanting to ban mk, hes waiting for a valid agrument about not banning him. Instead most, including you, flame him to death about it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I understand we all mess with ya Xzax, but not like this at all. Your attacking me on a public forum saying my opinions are wrong, which is an oxymoron. We all mess with each other, but as much as we do, I never do anything like this. You're making me look bad for completely false reasons and acting like a ****.

Vex is completely right. When theres a real discussion going on - I like that. I've stated by stance multiple times and yet all I get are pointless replies, except for a few good ones here and there.

Vex's expanded explanation which he said on here about his reasoning (weakening the state) is the part I like that he told me on AIM earlier. It makes sense. However, I also agree with Truth's recent statement which sort of wants me to stay on the decision as is.

Both Vex and Truth make good points. This is however only a biweekly, not a major tourney. I would never make such harsh changes at a big tourney. I've used biweeklies in the past to test new rules to see the potential for their use in bigger tournies. I started out testing Norfair and Japes at biweeklies, not at a larger tourney. I tried the Pokemon Trainer hack at a biweekly, not a large tourney. I want to try a MK ban tourney at a biweekly, not a big tourney. If we never try it, we'll never know the effects.

However I have to keep Vex's statement in mind, where if PA did end up becoming MK banned in the future, it could really harm us especially with the Jersey Devil state right next door. However I feel that I have the knowledge and maturity to make good decisions when needed, and would be careful to never hurt our state.

But the other way to think about Vex's statement, is if we ban him this time, we love it, it makes sense, and we keep doing it, are we lacking in the community or are we only a step ahead and have accepted the inevitable? No one knows what could happen in the future. MK could stay, or he could be banned. We just have to take it one step at a time and be careful with all of our decisions.

Other regions and states have tried MK banned tourneys and have enjoyed it, and some have found it beneficial. Why not give it a shot here in PA? Especially considering this is a biweekly, not a CoT4 kind of affair.

Top Bottom