• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Dragonic Reverse" -- Yoshi Can Wavedash!

bigman40

Smash Master
It's up to you. I'm not in the position to force someone to do what they don't want. Btw, the nyko wing is connected wirelessly to the wiimote.

bigman40

Smash Master
DP cause I can.

For everyone that's been wanting someone to prove that this move can be mastered (probably wanting me to show that), I'm not going to persuade anyone anymore that this move is beneficial to Yoshi's game. I'll still answer questions about this move if anyone wants it, but don't ask if it's really useful to learn this move. It's up to yourself to choose whether you want to use it or not.

smaci92

Smash Lord
I have a question for you yoshi people:
Do you even use this dragonic reverse much in games??? and how hard is it to do online?

bigman40

Smash Master
I have a question for you yoshi people:
Do you even use this dragonic reverse much in games??? and how hard is it to do online?
As many people that I've seen play, not many people use this move. The only ones I can really account for that use this move are Chaco and me. My matches show me doing the move during fights.

I haven't been online in a good while, but I'd suspect that it would be fairly hard seeing as how you won;t be able to be as precise (in reaction time and such) as you would need to be offline.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I use DR and DT a lot (though less so online). Of course, that's mostly because I use Tap Jump.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
yeah i think clutch might be the best at it.... no offense, scatz, but seriously.... he goes nuts in one video in the wifi waiting room....
Clutch is good, but that video of Bigman goofing around for 5 minutes puts to rest who can do it more consistently based on what we've seen for evidence.

This comment was actually pretty goofy, since if you've seen both videos, there's really no comparison.

smaci92

Smash Lord
As many people that I've seen play, not many people use this move. The only ones I can really account for that use this move are Chaco and me. My matches show me doing the move during fights.

I haven't been online in a good while, but I'd suspect that it would be fairly hard seeing as how you won;t be able to be as precise (in reaction time and such) as you would need to be offline.
thanks for the reply...I've used yoshi before (I've seen your vids). I'm just wondering if I should bring my yoshi back =P

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
After much testing, I found the ultimate Yoshi control scheme. (for gamecube controller)

Tap jump on

B-Jump: For DRing. With tap jump on, you can flick the control stick upwards and slide B to A. B and A don't stick out as much as X and Y, making DRing much easier.

A-Attack: default

X-Jump: default

Y-Special: Not much of a choice since all of the face button are taken....but it can actually help yoshi's game. This could help with your draconic egg lays since it's closer to the jump button.

L: Grab: Makes turnaround grabs so much easier to pull off. Really, try this. Turnaround grab becomes second nature. (Once you grab your opponent, mash the A button to chew.)

R-Shield: default

Z-whatever you want: It's such a crappy button.

C-stick-Smash: default.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Pivot grab is already pretty easy. And my L is reserved for jump, as is most Yoshi's.

Also Clutch is good, but not near the best...Rel beat him. Rel's good, but I think Les beat Rel. Most of the top Yoshi's are all really close. But Bwett...he's the top. JK Bwett <3

Bwett

Smash Ace
Pivot grab is already pretty easy. And my L is reserved for jump, as is most Yoshi's.

Also Clutch is good, but not near the best...Rel beat him. Rel's good, but I think Les beat Rel. Most of the top Yoshi's are all really close. But Bwett...he's the top. JK Bwett <3
I dunno, I think Magikarp is the top. His tail flipping skills overshadow mine lol

D

Deleted member

Dr sucks, dont use it its bad. Scatty will agree with me.

XD

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone tried remapping the c-stick to specials? I found out that when running and flicking the c stick the opposite direction you are running in, yoshi will automatically jump at the same forward momentum and face the other way.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Yeah, a few people do that. Most people call that "b-sticking." It's somewhat popular among Lucas players, though not as much as it once was.

bigman40

Smash Master

I'm at the bottom, working my way up to be the best. It's such a hard job :(

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, with no tourney experience in brawl, it's not that good that I have this talent with Yoshi, but can't use it due to a very limited amount of tourneys here. So, I'm going to be working from the bottom till I can get to some tourneys.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
gramps do u use tap jump cause u can easily get a dsmash out of it, for me it seems that my fingers are out of position to do a dsmash. i use gc controler with tap off, L as jump

Chaco

Never Logs In
I still wish I could pull this off. Along with the other techs Scat posted. =/
Lol, it's not that hard people. Just practice. It literally took me like 20 minutes when I first got told how to do it. To get it like 6 times in a row. Just practice.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Good **** Scat. Soon we will make every Yoshi main DR/DT because of the apps we will find for this.

bigman40

Smash Master
Man....NOW I find DR/DT harder than Shining in melee. Try this is you can. Run one way, DR/DT the same way you're running to, run the other way, then quick pivot grab. Now, it's easy doing it slow, but try it instaneously (like he's running towards your opponents, and he instantly pivot grabs you, but he never passed you!). The sheer speed in doing this is killing MY fingers! O_O

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Man....NOW I find DR/DT harder than Shining in melee. Try this is you can. Run one way, DR/DT the same way you're running to, run the other way, then quick pivot grab. Now, it's easy doing it slow, but try it instaneously (like he's running towards your opponents, and he instantly pivot grabs you, but he never passed you!). The sheer speed in doing this is killing MY fingers! O_O
I approve of this use of DR.

Also wavebounced Ground pound is epic.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wow, I just did this, you can make like this little trap out of this. DR/DT mindgames will own.

My hands are really sweaty.

bigman40

Smash Master
Alright, time to let you guys know how far I'm willing to push DR/DT. I'm not lying about this at all. One of my dreams when this move was discovered was to push the speed of yoshi in brawl, and what better way than to push his speed to something as close as possible (not in the air....he can't DJC :( ) to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVLKgr3BEQ

I know, I'm insane, and/or completely putting a ****load of faith into one tech, and I'm THAT confident about it. I've never been any more confident about something in all my life, and I know that Yoshi can get somewhat close to melee speed. If people are willing to support me for attempting this, thank you. I know I will have many, MANY doubters, but frankly, I don't see them when I get inspirations like Silent Wolf or any Melee combo video to make me go another step into hell to reach a new goal.

Chaco

Never Logs In
GL to ya man, I had hopes for it to. I tried to work myself to an insane speed. Now I only play Yoshi for fun, or else Id help. I cant even DT that well anymore.

Yikarur

Smash Master
So I mess with the DR the last days but I don't get it.
I test a lot of controls but the most settings are destroying my playstyle.
So I have (CC)
R = Jump
L = Schild
ZR = Grab
A = Attack
B = Jump
Y = Special
X = Filler
ZL = I hold the Controller so that I can't use this button.

I tried it with L = Attack and X = Scield but I'm adapt to use X for Grab (I change to RZ because for that instant pivot grab thing).
But it don't fit with my Playstyle. L = Schild and R = Jump and RZ = Grab all have to be there.
eh I was trying DR with the Second Stick but this is...strange o:
So how I get the DR easiely on with my CC?

Any idea?
thx beforehand.

Top Bottom