• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon Ball Online

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyMx1YjekBY

Dragon Ball Online (officially abbreviated as DBO) is a massive multiplayer online role-playing game being developed simultaneously in Japan and South Korea by NTL, set in the Dragon Ball universe, first introduced by the Dragon Ball Japanese manga in 1984. Dragon Ball Online takes place on Earth, 216 years after the events of Goku's departure.

The game has no North American/European release date, but it is still possible to play through the Taiwanese version. There is an English patch, BUT it only translates the basic things. It is free 2 play. Basically, you're dropped in the DB universe and from there its similar to any MMO. As I mentioned before, the game is set in the future (Everyone from DBZ is dead). However, there are Time Machine Quests where you use the time machine to travel into the past and help in many of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z's decisive battles. Think of them as DBO's version of instances.

Meeting Goku

Facing off against Great Ape Vegeta

The game has 3 races and each race has different classes to which they can be.

Human

The Human Race and Classes
Of the three races, the humans have the longest established culture on Earth, and they're also the most prolific, having spread to all corners of the world, including the Wastelands. As of Age 1000, the human race has become cross-bred with the Saiyan race, and as such, many believe that the race holds a powerful, hidden potential, due to their part Saiyan blood. In Age 820, the remnants of the Freeza Army invaded Earth; the war and environmental destruction has given the human race an intense drive to protect the planet.
Humans in the Age 1000 are well aware of advanced fighting techniques. This is all thanks to Son Gohan, who published the book "Groundbreaking Science" around Age 800, presumably introducing concepts such as Ki control to the general public and ushering in a worldwide revolution in martial arts.
There are three different kinds of human you can choose to play the game. Each one has its own attacks and techniques:
Martial Artist (武道家 Budoka?) - Fighters who specialize in martial arts, comparable to characters like Yamcha and Krillin.[2] After the players reach level 30 they can become either a Swordsmaster or a Fighter AKA Polemaster, in which case they will learn skills using a sword or a polearm, respectively. If the humans collect all dragon balls they will be able to wish themselves Super Saiyan.
Spiritualist (気功家 Kikoka?) - Mystics who specialize in spiritual techniques, like Chiaotzu and Tien.[2] The level 30 Master classes are Crane Hermit and Turtle Hermit.
Engineer - "Mechanics and inventors who build weapons and utilize technology, much like Bulma and her dad." This class is currently not present in the game, but has been announced. If the class is added to the game the level 30 master classes include Gun maniac and Mech Maniac.

Namek

The Namekian Race and Classes
After the namekian's homeworld, Planet Namek, was destroyed, they migrated to New Namek. However, that was attacked by Miira in Age 853, forcing them to move yet again. They settled on Earth, primarily around "Porunga Rocks", a region that was terraformed to resemble Namek. They now work on behalf of Kami-sama Dende to prevent Miira from causing global destruction. Unlike other races, namekians are genderless and reproduce asexually.
There are two different kinds of Namekian you can choose to play the game. Each one has its own attacks and techniques:
Dragon Clan (龍族 Ryuzoku?) - Namekian Dragon Clansmen are the rare namekians born into the Dragon Clan, who have the ability heal others and to create and control shenlongs. The Dende Priests follow the teachings of Kami-sama Dende, who is regarded as the greatest spirtual teacher in Namekian history, and emphasize healing and strengthening their allies. Poko Priests, on the other hand, vomit eggs that hatch into demon shenlongs called Pokopen, which they can control. The level 30 master classes include Poko Priest and Dende Priest.
Warrior (戦士 Senshi?) - Warrior-type namekians that follow the teachings of the legendary namekian warrior, Piccolo, and they fall into two categories Makai Warriors and Madou Warriors. Makai Warriors follow Piccolo's teachings, while the Madou Warriors are those who have reinterpreted Piccolo's teachings to develop a new style. The level 30 master classes include Dark Warrior and Shadow Knight.

Majin

The Majin Race and Classes
After Goku left to train Uub, Mr. Buu and Mr. Satan won the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai by cheating, and remained undefeated through the 29th and 30th. However, after a while, Mr. Buu became envious of the humans and the close relationships they had with their sweethearts. In Age 790, Buu accidentally found and read Mr. Satan's copy of "Bob and Margaret", a controversial adult book, in his library. He began to study it in order to create a "Female Buu" that would be just his type. With the name Buuby in mind, he removed part of his body and molded it into a wife for himself, then finished by hitting her with a Love Beam, causing her to give birth to a "Baby Buu". From then on the population grew quickly, and, in time, the descendants of Buu were recognized worldwide as the Majin race. They're an optimistic and joyful people who dedicate themselves to making "fun days" for others, though they can become dangerous when they're angry or confused. They stand against Miira in order to create a more pleasant Earth.
There are two different kinds of Majin you can choose to play the game. Each one has its own attacks en techniques:
Wonder Majin (異魔人 Imajin?) - The Imajin are majin that at some point experienced the corrupting influence of sin. They're aggressive, and develop fighting techniques capable of really hurting their enemies. The level 30 master classes include Plasma Majin and Karma Majin.
Mighty Majin (大魔人 Daimajin?) - The Daimajin have a natural gift for uplifting the spirits of those around them and are also able to reduce the impact of enemy attacks with their soft bodies. They can become Ultimate, musicians who enjoy fighting and rally their friends with songs, or Grand Chef, chefs who torment their enemies with a mischievous and fattening fighting style and use maces that resemble foods. The level 30 classes include Grand Chef Majin and Ultimate Majin.

Although the game is mostly made up of Taiwanese players, there are quite a few English speaking guilds and is worth a try. I just started playing the game yesterday and thought it would be cool to invite smashboards in on the fun.

This is my character:

The links will provide you with all the info you'll need to download it

How to create an account
http://www.dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13629

Dowload
http://www.dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5845

Platform: PC (Windows Only)
System Requirements: Requirements in parenthesis are recommended
Operating System: Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2, or greater
CPU: Pentium 4 1.5GHz or greater (2.4GHz)
Graphics: Geforce4 Ti4200 or Radeon 8500 (Geforce 6200 or X800)
RAM: 512MB or greater (1GB)

I'll update this thread later with more information if people seem interested :)

List of Players

SWF Tag - Character Name

Shadwphoenx - Shdwphnx

Fayte Isaac - MathiasGrey

Rici - Raphaella

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I don't think it has native English support yet. The interface is still in Japanese.

EDIT: Screwed up my interpretation of written languages. Derp.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've always wondered why they don't bother with an American release...maybe it's the competition? DB is super popular in the states and would be an instant hit.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I've always wondered why they don't bother with an American release...maybe it's the competition? DB is super popular in the states and would be an instant hit.
It could be because they don't have the resources to localize the game, or that they have licensing issues with releasing it outside of Asia.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Does anyone know if the newest DBZ fighting game is any good?

I think it's the sequal to Raging Blast.

I loved BT2 and 3.

Raging blast was like a crappy, smaller rostered version of those.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
A lot of the fans seem to hate it, because there are one too many QTE and it takes away from strategy and fighting elements. What makes it worse is every character has the same kind of QTE minus special attacks.

Though I've heard some good things about the "Create your own Hero" mode.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

I loved BT2 and 3.

I've been dying to try that one out as well. It looked pretty decent from what I saw in the trailers before it came out

I have RB1 and got RB2 from a loan from a friend though, and I loved those. I admit I didn't like the roster much from those, it needed a lot more than they had, even though Hachiyak was a pretty decent addition to the game. If anything, I'm just really mad that they included someone as obscure as Hachiyak in there, but they kept refusing to put Kid Goku in RB. As for the new game, not sure if he's in there though, but I'd really love to play Kid Goku in one of these games

As for the online from them, never tried out RB2's online, and the online for RB1 is ****ing broken. All I have to do is come in as Kid Buu, spam XXY over and over again, then spam the inescapable Mystic Ball Attack, then I repeat again until I win. If I end up almost losing, all I have to do is just back out of the match since there's no consequences at all to just backing out prematurely. Then, I'd get hate mail from people who got butt hurt over me spamming Mystic Ball over and over again as Kid Buu and one of them even challenged me to a 1v1 with Goku where he was spamming that kaioken attack but I still beat him then he logged off lol. I tried the Mystic Ball spam with one of my friends once when he came over with RB2, but it really wasn't as good as it was back a game ago so I stopped using him on there.

Funny thing because I also just beat this guy once online with a team full of fighters like Saibamen and Cell Jr and he got extremely mad at me because I managed to beat him with a team of flops like those lol

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
This finally came out? Holy crap I want to play this now I LOVE DBZ
game looks awesome

:phone:
it is

I don't think it has native English support yet. The interface is still in Japanese.

EDIT: Screwed up my interpretation of written languages. Derp.
The English patch translates most of the UI stuff, but not much else. There is guides online that help though.

I still have my hopes up that this will be released overseas. Theyre currently working on bringing it to China and Japan.

I loved BT2 and 3.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 > All new dbz games

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
90% of the UI...
LOL

i know its not a lot,but if youre a huge db fan like me it really doesnt matter.
so far ive had an amazing time visiting places like capsule corp and kame house

LLDL

Smash Hero
Tenkaichis were mad trash. All of them.

Budokai 3 fa lyfe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gah, they took my two favorite characters and made races out of them...

How in the world would I be able to choose between Namek and Majin!?!

...Why is human the race that turns into a super SAIYAN

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Honestly the only reason why I wouldn't be able to choose is because I can either be Majin who kicks *** or I can be Human, which ****ing sucks, but has Super Saiyan.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

Saiyans are supposed to be extinct in this time period, but the Saiyan gene has slowly been spread thanks to Goku and Vegeta's descendants. Humans can only become Super Saiyan if they gather all the dragon balls at lvl 40.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly the only reason why I wouldn't be able to choose is because I can either be Majin who kicks *** or I can be Human, which ****ing sucks, but has Super Saiyan.
Eh, Piccolo was my favorite character from the series.

I don't actually play this game, as my MMO time is devoted to another, so I don't know if Namek's fare well

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
OK so i downloaded and installed it my character is a Human on the 2nd Server (not sure wat its name is)... my characters name is MathiasGrey

M@v

Subarashii!
Mayyyybe. Big DBZ fan but I dont know if I'll have time to play until next year.

Its legally F2P?

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Mayyyybe. Big DBZ fan but I dont know if I'll have time to play until next year.

Its legally F2P?
yes.
I'm gonna be adding the character names and swf tag of everyone who joins to the OP so please let me know if you start playing. Plz join server 2

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
Combat wise they game feels alot like World of Warcraft, except more fast paced... ur character seems to attack in combos, and using most of his abilities doesnt seem to disrupt that combo (unlike WoW where if u use an ability it could disrupt your normal attack)... anothing thing is that this game is quest based... basically if u wanted to u could grind all your levels but its not necessary like some other MMO's (Maplestory and La Tale come to mind), and while u get the obligatory "Go here and collect/kill this" quests, they also add in some pretty fun Time Travel quests, taking u to various moments in the series past (so far im only lvl 9, and iv already done 2... iv saved Baby Goku from being kidnapped by wolves, and i helped Kid Goku and the Ox King at Fire Mountain)... so far the game hasnt felt repetitive yet... add in the fact that most low end laptops should be able to run it (mines going on 6 years old now and it still runs with minimal lagg) and its a pretty fun MMO... the only problem right now is for skills, u kinda have to experiment to see wat does wat (or look at a skill guid) because quests and skills havent been translated yet

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I probably haven't researched this game enough or something, but is there a male human in this that doesn't look like Goku?

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
So I probably haven't researched this game enough or something, but is there a male human in this that doesn't look like Goku?
yes... u get to create your own character for this (its abit limited, but still pretty decent) u get to customize the characters face, hair, hair color, and how pale/dark their skin is... and their clothes change when u equip new ones of course

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Fayte msg me ingame if you want to join an english speaking guild :p
also add me if youd like

just got 3 dragonballs :D

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
lolz i just got 5 (going for 6th soon) and im joining a different friends guild already

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
srry i suddenly got off... for some reason whenever my bro gets on his laptop it kicks me from the game

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
You got me started as well. I'm also on the 2nd server and 2nd channel, although I have no idea what that 2nd channel means.

I go by Raphaella and I'm lvl 15 already :D. And I got 4 dragonballs woohooh.

EDIT: just got my fifth dragonball :D

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
sadly with my comp i proably wont be doign PVP anytime soon lolz... so wat Race/Class r u Rici?

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I'm a female Human Martial Artist. I just wanted to see a chick be a Super Saiyan, lol.

Also...

GUESS WHAT THE SCOUTER SAYS ABOUT MY POWER LEVEL?

Top Bottom