• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Who Mafia, Endgame! Town wins! The universe is doomed!

D

Deleted member

sorry for absence yadda yadda etc.

first off jsut some posts I wanted to respond to

Why was that exchange scummy? Are they scum partners or is that SvT?
It was more a "I got my eye on both of you" than "I think you're both scum". I'd say scary is noobtown and pawn is very much leaning scum (now, back then I didn't really have that sorted)
oh and can we all agree doctor on me tonight? sounds good, i'll take it
I take it you still want this plan thing? how do we decide who gets the protection? (serious, not everyone going "protect meh!")
Since nobody else is worried about Scary I decided to set that aside. Tbh that whole thing was about 35% just wanting something to happen.
Now I'm on Ran because he's acting sketchy. He seems kind of stiff in a way.
ehhhhhhhh. care to elaborate? "being stiff" doesn't really say much to me

does either of soup/potassium actually want me to clarify the RVS vote or was it just a passing remark?

Hard to say. As time goes on I'm getting less sure about my read on Scary, although he hasn't really done anything but ask for clarification on a few terms since #188.
I actually agree with pawn here, scary is mostly just asking meta (and no, not that meta, I mean game rules/conventions)
----
zen, like the case, I'm leaving my vote on pawn for now since I see no real reason to move it. One thing though, since you're sketching this "noobscum follows mastermind" kind of thing, wouldn't orbo tell him to hold off the L-1 vote? maybe I'm reading too much into this as I don't really know where everyone is at skill-wise, but I'm sure orbo would know that a L-1 vote kind of draws attention, as there are multiple experienced players in here (right?).
Ran, what do you think as scumpicks now?

D

Deleted member

****ing hell.

Maybe it was trash. I was so eager for something to happen I threw together a case against the most suspicious person in my mind at the moment.

Soup, you're riding a bit much on how my play is similar to Devil Survivor. That's not really substantial, seeing as I haven't been town before and you don't know that I wouldn't act the same.

Are we lynching me or Orbo first? I'd like to know how hard to laugh when I flip town or if I should run for the hills in case Orbo flips scum.

newbies making meta arguments? I guess it can't be helped

and that last line? ugh. why not be more productive rather than asking such empty questions? Do you have any scumpicks currently?

D

Deleted member

Midnight est. And hammer who? I kinda lost track of the votes (cough vote count plz )

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@soup: Nope!
Why, is it important?

Soup, you're riding a bit much on how my play is similar to Devil Survivor. That's not really substantial, seeing as I haven't been town before and you don't know that I wouldn't act the same.
Not sure what you want me to interpret here, you're saying it's not substantial that you're playing a scum meta because you aren't certain how to play town? I don't think you would go into this game with the same mindset as you did in Devil Survivor as a different faction, but even then it's not just the fact I think you're playing the same, and there's more to it. Some of these things I've elaborated on, but I'm pretty certain that you backing down on the person you're voting and saying that you don't have any scumreads is not that of a townie. It looks like you're just doing so because the tables have turned against you, and nobody seems eager to lynch Ranmaru. Why, if I am wrong on my assumption, do you not have any scumreads? Why, if I am wrong on my assumption, did you change your mind? What about Scary? That whole thing that was going on a couple of pages back was for nothing? Garnering for reactions and pressure is all fine and dandy, but doing something with it is what matters. You let your own pressure linger and then completely called it off, like you had no reason to pressure in the first place. Do you understand why this is scummy? Do you understand why you're getting the attention you're getting? It's fine to second-guess and consider another alternative, but that implies that you made an effort. You have not made an effort, you have switched your stances like they mean absolutely nothing and that you are just trying to look good.

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
I guess I just suck at being town. Or maybe I suck at telling people what I'm doing. I could be distant from the game and just not care enough right now to save myself.

If you're going to lynch me, go ahead. I would prefer that you lynch Orbo first to derail half of Zen's thing and make it easier for me to save myself. Whatever works.
Vote: Orbo

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I guess I just suck at being town. Or maybe I suck at telling people what I'm doing. I could be distant from the game and just not care enough right now to save myself.

If you're going to lynch me, go ahead. I would prefer that you lynch Orbo first to derail half of Zen's thing and make it easier for me to save myself. Whatever works.
Vote: Orbo
are you still convinced Scary is scum?

#HBC | ѕoup

pawn is at L-2? soup alley oop? You got the sonic I got the boom.

Everybody get up it's time to slam now....

Vote: Pawndidater2

(I was trying to find a .gif or .jpg of basketball and alley ooping but I know you got this.)

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Midnight est. And hammer who? I kinda lost track of the votes (cough vote count plz )
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline is the 24th at 11:59PM EST!

Votecount
Pawndidater2 - Soup, Paprika, Ran L-2
Paprika Killer -
ScaryLB -
Skytear (Soup) -
Zen - Orbo L-4
Grimm (Kantrip) - Ran, Kary L-3
Kary -
Orbo - Zen, Pawn L-3
Ran - Kant L-3

Not voting: scaryLB

Correct me if I'm wrong, I've had a long week.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@orbo: I'm not going to pay that way in a newbie game.

Ran you seem quite worried about the votes on you. You're usually quite nonchalant about being voted. What's up? :)
I'm not. :smash: I was frustrated that two people were voting me and not even doing anything with it. That was my gripe. I know you just voted me because I voted you first.

Ran I don't understand this 2nd line from you (underlined). what do the votes on you have to do with you finding scum? why did you make that connection?
It doesn't stop me from scumhunting but it was me showing how dumb it is for me NOT to look at inactives when 2/3 votes on me were not even serious at all.

I know from past games with Ran that he likes to ask a lot of random questions. Still doesn't make me like these, as they don't seem to be helping Ran develop reads.

@Ranmaru: Did you get anything out of asking Zen about not having a random vote and then him putting a vote down? What do you think of him doing that in response to your question?

Ran is trying to look proactive by asking a bunch of other people as a way to say "hey guys come on let's get this game moving!" However, he isn't doing anything to actually progress the game himself. He's asking hollow questions and telling other people to post reads. Where are his reads? Where are his conclusions?

Faking being proactive. Scumread.
About the Zen random vote, I was expecting an explanation, not a vote. It's hard to tell. Yet it's easy to see that I was concerned as to why he wasn't helping RVS.

I haven't been faking being proactive, I was doing my role as an IC to tell the newbs to do some work. "Give reads, don't worry if you're confused just try really hard and get involved" etc etc. The game isn't fun when it's just the experienced players playing and looking for things. That's why I posted those.

#HBC | ѕoup

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline is the 24th at 11:59PM EST!

Votecount
Pawndidater2 - Soup, Paprika L-3
Paprika Killer -
ScaryLB -
Skytear (Soup) -
Zen - Orbo L-4
Grimm (Kantrip) - Ran, Kary L-3
Kary -
Orbo - Zen, Pawn L-3
Ran - Soup, Kant L-3

Correct me if I'm wrong, I've had a long week.

I'm not voting Ranmaru.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Since nobody else is worried about Scary I decided to set that aside. Tbh that whole thing was about 35% just wanting something to happen.
Now I'm on Ran because he's acting sketchy. He seems kind of stiff in a way.
What did you mean by this? Paprika asked you about this and you didn't answer. :smash:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

#HBC | ѕoup

Give reads on everyone. Just post what's on your mind.

#HBC | ѕoup

If Zen is wrong on this he has explaining to do, and more or less his case on both falls apart. I don't understand why you're concerned with us possibly lynching Orbo.

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
Well, I gotta go to heaven now. Bye~!

LYRICS!

-VERSE 1-

Enter the night you let go, so sleep forget what you know
displace my dreams, your nightmares, there's no getting out of here!
close your eyes for the last time, your blood to pay for your crimes
try to forget what you've seen
the night belongs to MEEEEEEE~~

rrarrr

OH!

-CHORUS 1-

this is not where i had pictured me
THIS IS NOT WHERE I HAD PICTURED ME!
this is not what i wanted to be
BROKEN TRUTHES AND LIES ARE ALL I SEE!

-VERSE 2-

once more we all start over
but we're all out of time
i feel it moving closer
can we get out alive!?
this isnt what i thought would happen if i let you in
this darkness creeping up my spine makes me snap back again

OH!

-CHORUS 2-

this is not where i had pictured me
THIS IS NOT WHERE I HAD PICTURED ME!
this is not what i wanted to be
BROKEN TRUTHES AND LIES ARE ALL I SEE!

for a second i thought i was fine
THIS IS WHERE I HAVE TO DRAW THE LINE!
but it turns out it was in my mind
DON'T YOU SEE!? YOUR VERY SOUL, YOUR THOUGHTS ARE MINE!

Top Bottom