• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Who Mafia, Endgame! Town wins! The universe is doomed!

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Please follow and read all rules accordingly before posting in this thread.

[collapse="Rules"]
Fundamentals:

1. Don't be a **** to others. Though doing so may amuse the moderator, it may not amuse others and thus won't be tolerated. First major offense results in a warning. Second will result in modkill or forced replacement. Do not abuse this privilege, requests to modkill a player under this guideline will be ignored. I will handle all modkills/warnings if I feel they are necessary.
2. Dead men tell no tales. Do not post in this thread if you are dead. You may not use the "Like" feature on other players posts once you are dead.
3. No communication about this game is allowed, unless permitted by Green Room, or me.
4. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing. I will make a background check if you wish to replace in, do not join this game if you do not have the time to commit to it.
6. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM.
7. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). No Chibos.
8. You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players; hydras are not an exception.

Voting and Lynching:

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example,Vote: Sold2.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote
3. You do not have to unvote before voting another player.
4. A majority lynch will end the day. There is no Twilight Phase and the day will end when I have time to post a flip.
5. Modkills on town-aligned members end the day, but scum kills do not. Don't abuse this.

Activity and Deadlines

1. The following game will require your utmost activity and effort. This game can be very hard for each alignment and is very dependent on how much you commit to it. I will also be very strict if I feel you have received too many prods.
2. Failure to reach a majority lynch by the time the preset deadline will result in a no lynch.
3. I will grant deadline extensions based upon my own judgement of the circumstances. On special occasions, such as replacement or holidays, this may change.
4. Day Phases will generally last 8 days. Night Phases will generally last 48 hours, and will end quicker if I receive all actions.

Game-Specific

1. I'm your Moderator for this game. You may call me BadWolf, Wolf, or God. If you feel I happen to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM.
2. All roles are assigned randomly.
3. Knowing the flavor will make me happy, but relying too much on it will get you burned. Don't do it.
4. Do not post in Trebuchet MS Font style.[/collapse]

[collapse="Sample Role PM"]
You are The Beast (Vanilla Townie)
You've been captured in the heart of a dark planet orbiting a black hole. Fortunately for you humans have settled on top of your prison, you've taken one of their puny bodies and bent it to your will. Finding the Doctor and destroying him will secure your place outside of your prison.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Player List"]
What's your Name?
1. Pawndidater2
2. The Paprika Killer
3. scaryLB59
4. Skytear (Soup)
5. Zen
6. Grimm (Kantrip)
7. (SE) Kary
8. (IC) Orbo
9. (IC) Ran

Replacements
None!
[/collapse]

[collapse="Game setup"]2 Mafia - 2 goons
5 - Vanilla Townies
1 - Weak Doc
1 - Tracker
[/collapse]

Day 1 will start when all players have confirmed. To confirm, simply post in this thread after you have received your Role PM. Please keep all pregame chatter to a minimum, but feel free to speculate on the setup and how to approach the game. Good luck! Feel free to ask me any questions about setup or roles.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
/Confirm
Ran here. Here are three important rules you should follow for now:

• Don't self vote. (there are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is, if you still do, hold those thoughts in notes until after the game finishes)
  • Don't lie. Especially if you are a Vanilla Townie Role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end. Just don't lie at all, easier that way for you. Power Roles too, don't lie please. I'll talk a little bit about claiming soon. (What's claiming? Don't worry, you'll understand soon)
  • It's a game - have fun. My priority in mafia is to have fun, before winning. (I do want to win, yet my motivation to win is the fun)

Questions for you all:

-What time zone are you in?
-How much mafia experience do you have, here or elsewhere?
-Why are you playing in this game?
-Say something no one knows about you! : D

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
EC
Little to none Mafia exp online except the one BBR game I played where I came of as a complete n00b so I wanna learn lol.
To learn to online mafia.
uhhhhhhh.............i got nothing for the last one lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
First time in a while I have seen you refer to Kary as Lemon.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
/Confirm

• Don't self vote. (there are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is, if you still do, hold those thoughts in notes until after the game finishes)
  • Don't lie. Especially if you are a Vanilla Townie Role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end. Just don't lie at all, easier that way for you. Power Roles too, don't lie please. I'll talk a little bit about claiming soon. (What's claiming? Don't worry, you'll understand soon)
  • It's a game - have fun. My priority in mafia is to have fun, before winning. (I do want to win, yet my motivation to win is the fun)
Questions for you all:

-Mountain GMT-7
-Years
-Badwolf made me.
-I love the sound that foot steps make on hard tile.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Confirmed people
1. Pawndidater2
2. The Paprika Killer
3. scaryLB59
4. Skytear
5. Zen
6. Grimm
7. (SE) Kary
8. (IC) Orbo
9. (IC) Ran

Confirm please! I'm not starting game until people do so!

In other news I hate this damn updated system.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like how there is a space between the whole player list and me

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
/Confirm

Questions for you all:

-Mountain Time -7 GMT
-I guess I played 1(?)
-Must get in community
-Baked Potato <3

D

Deleted member

CET but my sleep schedule tends to be shifted a couple hours west ;), so more like GMT+3. I have been playing mafia for a couple years or something, was never really good at it and haven't played for almost an entire year now so this is kind of an unrusting (is that a word?) game.
Also 11th doctor is best doctor and I will smite anyone that thinks otherwise

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't even know what 11th doctor is. I should mention that I have never watched Dr. Who. xD Badwolf told me to IC this game cuz he said I'd love it. So I'm waiting. To love it....

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Day 1 will start when all players have confirmed. To confirm, simply post in this thread after you have received your Role PM. Please keep all pregame chatter to a minimum, but feel free to speculate on the setup and how to approach the game. Good luck! Feel free to ask me any questions about setup or roles.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Questions for you all:

EST
About a year and a half's worth if I remember Correctly.
it's Dr Who.
I know a good deal about Rock n Roll music history.
Also 11th doctor is best doctor and I will smite anyone that thinks otherwise
David Tennant :mad088:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Newer Players
Ranmaru and I(with Kary to a lesser extent) will be your IC's.
But what's an IC?
IC means Inexperianced Challenged. That translates to "We are people who know what we are doing" and you should refer any questions you have about the general concepts and points of the game to any of us with an "@IC" command in thread.
Right now we're simply in confirmation stage. Have fun chatting.

Top Bottom