• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Who Mafia, Endgame! Town wins! The universe is doomed!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
so I was right about J again. You had me worried for a bit but yay.

Ranmaru doubting me, such a silly sausage. we deffo should hydra sometime.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes we should! :3

IM me and we can talk about hydra ideas. Might wait till another game finishes tho.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
lol wut the universe is DOOMED

what have I done

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hahaha yeah I just think it's pretty funny

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Well hey. Shoutouts likely to come before work. I tracked Scary last night for the interested.

FullMetalLynch

You didn't suck. I had you as a strong town read of mine. If I hadn't been V/la late D1 I would have fought against your lynch hard.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Sorry soup. I always make you lose whenever were on a team, usually on hydra. Really had no drive when my partner wasn't here all day one and the amount of replacing got quite annoying as I generally play certain ways based in who's in the game. Like once j replaced in I could no longer go with what I was trying to do.

And yeah I really did claim scum @ ran, just not my scum mate. I thought it was really funny that people thought it was me being sarcastic and doing my usual ******** play style.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have to say thanks, first off, to BW for letting me replace in because I really needed this as a helpful reminder what happens when you play mafia. It's just a lot of fun haha. It was like a normal game but not.

What's your Name?
1. Pawndidater2

Hi! I know you and I did not get to play at all this game but I have something to say to you. You did pretty well as town besides not knowing where to look for scum. You basically just got ridden by a scumZen which isn't the most fair thing for a newbie like yourself. You could try a normal game but playing another newbie game would definitely not hurt. Just keep at it! You might be a good addition to DGames if you keep it up haha.

3. scaryLB59

You were very obv-new-town to me from the beginning. A suggestion I would say is don't be afraid to make your opinion known dude! You don't have to really worry about not agreeing with everyone if you are confident. Look at myself haha. I was the only one to vote with Zen because I was confident in how I was reading him, sure I regret it a little because he did flip scum and etc. but still it was a fun ride. Don't be afraid to be your own person in this game. =P

4. Skytear (Soup)

I'm sorry for being so aggressive on you this game Soup but I was 100% confident on you being scum and your play was just scummy to me. I'm also thankful that you were scum this game because it makes your play look significantly in comparison to if you were actually town. Sucks you got trapped in a corner in the end by both PRs being there. There really wasn't much you could do. Anyways, why NK Kary last night? That's really the only thing I didn't get about your play this game.

5. Zen

Quit playing to your PR meta this game. Ugh. Literally I was saying in my notes that the only way you weren't scum was if you claimed a PR and for some reason that made your play make sense to me. I am just upset with myself because I can't remember the last time I was wrong on you. Oh well, it was fun playing with you again.

6. Grimm (Kantrip)

Didn't really play with you this game Kanty but I think I am beginning to know how to read you a bit better.

7. (SE) Kary

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaary. Okay so BW never sent me my results till I asked him halfway through D2 so I legitamately had a town-read on you when doing my read-through and then when I got that info I ran to it with a huge force. It was nice to ride a bit of that JayKay swag again which we should consider running for real sometime. (ignore that I'm terrible at hydras) But yeah great play this game Kary.

8. (IC) Orbo

You tracked Scary because of your "If they are obv-town, they most likely will be scum." syndrome you have haha. I was gonna ask you why but then I remembered in the end. Bit non-existant this game Orbo and you got zenscum tunneled but survived it. See there is a light at the end of that scary tunnel! (there isn't, it's just like a purgatory area of wondering if things are gonna be okay) Sorry I thought you weren't the tracker but ya know it's Zen. He's weird haha.

9. (IC) Ran

You were insanely derpy this game Ranmaru. You did well in voting Zen but otherwise you were pretty much like slowpoke.png this game when you would take forever to say exactly what I had said 4 pages behind. From me, I seriously suggest just looking at things deeper and truly reading/understanding what someone is saying before questioning because it makes your questions look superficial as if you are not reading which made me think you were scummy. In the end, I realized you were just being derpy so it made me even more sure of Soup but for some reason you came off extremely fake this game. Anyways gg regardless!

Thanks everyone for the game! It was a blast to play again!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also I didn't claim tracker as any sort of plan. I tried to make it obvious that I want really tracker. Orbo claiming tracker didn't throw me off as you suggested, Lemon.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm mad I let Zen push me aside. Orbo and pawn were my largest townreads and I knew I didn't trust Zen. Should have fought harder but oh well :p

GG!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha who started speculating you as scum? Also please just stick around DGames because we need more Low tier Dgamers besides like myself.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also I didn't claim tracker as any sort of plan. I tried to make it obvious that I want really tracker. Orbo claiming tracker didn't throw me off as you suggested, Lemon.
hmm well voting Orbo after he claimed doesn't look wise all the same

ehh I can understand not really being enthusiastic about the game

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Haha who started speculating you as scum? Also please just stick around DGames because we need more Low tier Dgamers besides like myself.
The parts where you guys were all "If Scary is scum, then ku-freaking-dos" lol. I was dying. Yea I'm brand new to online mafia but sooner or later I'll get it. Also, you low tier dGames? Please lol.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
[collapse="ScaryLB's Role"]

You are Son of Mine of the Blood Family (Vanilla Townie)
All you want is to be able to live forever with your family, that snide Doctor and his ugly Companion had other plans. They punished you for pursuing your goals, they had you forever trapped within a scarecrow! Luckily you were able to escape your prison and now you're out to seek revenge. You've teamed up with his other enemies and now you've trapped him, unfortunately he's vanished and all you know is that he's somewhere near here.
Win Condition: You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Kant's Role"]

You are Prisoner Zero (Vanilla Townie)
After escaping from your prison through a crack in time and space no wider than a hair, you're not taking crap from anypony. Big mean and slightly slimy you fought the Doctor, but lost because of his Companion. Now you're out for revenge and no one's stopping you. You've allied yourself with other enemies of the Doctor and you were able to corner him, unfortunately he's a quick thinker and made disguises for himself and that damned Companion. Now you have to sort through them all and find him.
Win Condition: You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
[/collapse]

[collapse="J's Role"]

You are a Sontaran Nurse (Weak Doctor)
You are a warrior, one of the greatest in the universe, your army is the strongest since that of the Daleks. However, because of The Doctor, you've been shamed into the worst possible job ever, a nurse. Being forced to help others into becoming better makes your entire being writhe in agony. You've abandoned your position to take a better role in life, revenge. You've teamed up with other enemies of the Doctor and you've cornered him. Unfortunately, he's crafted skillful disguises and blended in with the rest of you. Find him, destroy him, take back your honor!
Good luck!
[/collapse]

[collapse="Zen's Role"]

You are Amy Pond (Mafia Goon)
You are the Companion to The Doctor, you follow him in his wonderful blue box and help him out of situations that he can't take care of by himself. Now, he's gotten himself into one of the worst possible situations that he could have gotten into. You both are being chased down by his worst enemies, they've cornered you, but luckily The Doctor was able to craft disguises to make you blend within them. Stay out of sight and don't die, the universe depends on it!
Your scum mate is Skytear, you can communicate with him here.
You can send in the command Kill: Playername to me each Night phase to kill an enemy.
Good luck!
[/collapse]​
[collapse="Ran's Role"]
You are a Weeping Angel (Vanilla Townie)
You are one of the only real enemies of the Doctor. One of the ones he truly fears. You are unstoppable and can't be killed easily. However, the Doctor has done it. You must kill him immediately.

[/collapse]
[collapse="Kary's Role"]​
You are Restac of the Silurian race (Vanilla Townie)
That Doctor and his Companion ruined all of your plans for taking back your precious Earth. He even tried to kill you in the process! Luckily you were able to survive the nerve gas and have been able to ally yourself with other enemies of his. You've cornered him and his Companion, but curse their quick thinking, they've created disguises to blend into your allies. Now you must sort out them all and take your revenge on the Doctor.
Good luck!

[/collapse]

[collapse="Orbo's Role"]

You are Cyberman (Town Tracker)
You are Pony 2.0, having all emotion removed gives you easier insight to logic and better reasoning. The Doctor doesn't want to see you in your logical beauty. He's destroyed your brethren and now you want to stop him. Him and his Companion are a menace and must be crushed. You've teamed up with other enemies of the Doctor and you've been able to corner him. Unfortunately, he's very good at thinking and has created disguises for him and his Companion. Now you have to sort through all of your allies and find the Doctor and eliminate him.
Every Night phase you can send me the command Follow: Playername, and I will tell you if they visited anypony during the Night.
Good luck!
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pawndidliedodad's Role"]
You are a Dalek (Vanilla Townie)
You are the greatest enemy of the Doctor. His oldest enemy, and you've come for him. You've associated yourself with other villains of the Doctor and were able to corner him. Unfortunately, he's made disguises for both him and his Companion. You must sort through your own allies and find him quickly before he ruins all of your plans for total universal domination.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Soup's Role"]

You are The Doctor (Mafia Goon)
You are the hero, but now you're being hunted. All of your old enemies have teamed up against you and have started looking, luckily, you have been able to disguise yourself and your companion as them. Unfortunately they know you're here with them. Keep a low profile and you may be able to survive this. Keep yourself hidden and alive, the entire universe depends on it!
Your scum mate is Zen, you are able to communicate with him in here.
During the Night phases you can kill anypony by sending me a message with the command Kill: Playername.
Good luck!
[/collapse]

Foxy the Silver Fox

Anomandaris_Rake|Ranmaru
When you guys starting speculating me as scum, I really starting crackin up and wishing I could say I was lol.

Yeah I backed off you because I realized you didn't react like scum

good stuff

I voted you just to get things going but nothing happened hehehe

shoutouts later wheee

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
hmm well voting Orbo after he claimed doesn't look wise all the same

ehh I can understand not really being enthusiastic about the game
Yes that was pretty dumb on my part :facepalm:

I just got so excited because I woke up thinking I'd be lynched after claiming scum, and then both you and J respond with town reads (that was when you mentioned that you had a strong town read on me). So I was hoping to get tracker lynched so soup could have a chance still. Then later on after Orbo posted more you switched to siding with him so I Knee-jerk unvoted thinking there was no way I could get his lynch without your support.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I just realized something

If soup doesn't CC then NO ONE HAS CC'D and that means J IS DOC and if soup DOES cc then it's either J/Soup anyways... and then J would die instantly tomorrow if he was lying and I don't see any way how he'd win with the numbers...

I guess we can end the day after Orbo comes in and Maybe soup
Lol, I didn't follow this game but I was actually reading through the thread as this happened and when Ran made this post I was just like

Anywas, gg town! Always nice to see town win. =)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No when I said "Hmmmm" I saw the similar reasoning yet I was still un-trusting of J at that point but at THIS point I realized there was NO way he was scum. That's all.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Yeah I got that after the game started, I tried to fix it within the game time but I could only do so much. Like the mafia moving separately was something that I had hoped would offset the tracker somewhat, but it didn't really do anything in the end. Eh, it was my first setup and I'm not surprised that it ended up more than a little weighted.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Yeah I got that after the game started, I tried to fix it within the game time but I could only do so much. Like the mafia moving separately was something that I had hoped would offset the tracker somewhat, but it didn't really do anything in the end. Eh, it was my first setup and I'm not surprised that it ended up more than a little weighted.
Roleblockers are your friend my friend.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
A roleblocker would have made this setup more balanced than it was. Whether a roleblocker is what it needs is another matter.

I was going to say that Tracker + any PR is too powerful in an open setup, but i'm sure you could come up with something if you wanted.

anyways. i'm not trying to start a setup debate. i just wanted everyone to know that this setup was stacked for town, so no-one gets the wrong idea.

FullMetalLynch

8. (IC) Orbo

You tracked Scary because of your "If they are obv-town, they most likely will be scum." syndrome you have haha. I was gonna ask you why but then I remembered in the end. Bit non-existant this game Orbo and you got zenscum tunneled but survived it. See there is a light at the end of that scary tunnel! (there isn't, it's just like a purgatory area of wondering if things are gonna be okay) Sorry I thought you weren't the tracker but ya know it's Zen. He's weird haha.
I had a null read on scary lol. I tracked ihm to clear it up. I figured you, soup, and kary all had stuff I could read in thread for reads/connections, and Ran was a strong town read after D2 with a pretty solid disconnection form Zen. Play more damnit, I missed you. Also we should hydra at some point.

I wouldn't ever consider you low tier. You're a great player with scarily good reads most games.
The Shout Outs

1. Pawndidater2-Seriously, you were pretty obvtown to me. You'll get scumreading people as you ocntinue playing, and I think you can be a solid player pretty quickly.
2. The Paprika Killer You didn't get to play much, but around the time of your replacement I got a steady town vibe form your posts. I know you've played before, and you should stick around.
2.5 J-You're good. We've had this discussion before. Need to trust my read on you instead of doubting it a lot.
3. scaryLB59- Bounced around on you a lot, mostly due to how most of the game you were learning what was what and rolling from there. Keep playing though!
4. Skytear (Soup) Nice play man. I thought your catch up when replacing in pretty townie, but J raised good points about you that made me doubt it.
5. Zen- Idk, caught onto you pretty early and then you claiming tracker just sealed it for me. You definitely don't need advice form me.
6. Grimm (Kantrip) You were solidly town for me. I wonder why you got killed though?
7. (SE) Kary Pretty obvtownie.
8. (IC) Orbo-man that zen read.
9. (IC) Ran-Ran, you've gotten to be a pretty solid player, but you still get kinda scatter brained a lot imo.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Am I the only person who remembers that this is Smashboards, and that when J refers to himself as a "low-tier player", he's talking about the fact that he mains Lucas in Brawl? I think I'm the only one :p

Also, J, I believe your boy Lucas just got bumped up to mid tier, didn't he? So it's still innacurate XD

Top Bottom