• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Who Mafia, Endgame! Town wins! The universe is doomed!

Orboknown

Smash Hero
*facepalm* dude you're supposed to be an IC this game. It doesn't matter WHICH of the scum sends in the kill. They move as a single unit. The only time it's individual is like if there's a hitman or when the mod specifies specific abilities to each scum. Which we know isn't the case here.
It's not mod confirmed that this is the case though. I definitely don't see it in the rules list that the scumteam acts as a total unit. That also makes the tracker slightly broken, considering he/she could get the entire scum team on night one.
@Mod-Can you tell us if the scum team makes kills as an individual(ie, who sent the kill in) or as a total unit?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gimmee that flip mod i'm dying over here

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Doc remember only to protect the tracker and if you WANT to go elsewhere be cautious, protecting scum can kill you and possibly end the game if the numbers are screwed

remember my reads

New page

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
One more thing

SOUP GET INTO THE GAME DON'T DISAPPOINT ME BRO

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Seeing their chance to take out another enemy the Doctor's companion made a lethal decision, impersonate a very powerful enemy. Unfortunately for her, the real enemy was still around and knew the lie when they saw it. Instead of allowing her to keep the lie going, they soon took action. Riling behind the true enemy all the baddies grew angry and soon killed the liar.​
Zen Amy Pony (Mafia Goon) has been lynched!
It is now Night 2, everyone who has night actions send them to me in 48 hours.​
If no night action is sent it shall be randomized.​

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
(Quick flavor cause sleep.)

The Doctor, being angry over the loss of his loved Companion thought it would be ironic to take out one of the enemies looking only for revenge. Quickly acting through the night the Doctor silenced his enemy.

Kary Restac (Vanilla Townie) has died during the night!
Deadline is the 8th at 11:59 PM EST!​
WIth 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!​
2. The Paprika Killer (J)-
3. scaryLB59 -
4. Skytear (soup) -
8. (IC) Orbo -
9. (IC) Ran -

No one's voting!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmmm. Dang it.

Well this means it's one of J/Soup.

I think it's J.

Thoughts?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well Orbo is definitely the tracker. I am upset with myself for giving Zen more credit then I should have but I seemed to have mixed up a tell or two for his town game. Ugh, he's not gonna let me live down being wrong on him for the first time. Should have stuck to my original read on Orbo being town and Zen being scum but logic/occam's razor failed me.

Anyways, Kary being town doesn't surprise me. I am 100% on it being Soup>Ran at the moment. I am seriously not even considering Scary to be scum at this point.

My vote's going on Soup.

Vote: Soup

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
unless one of Kary/Orbo/Soup come in and CC we have no reason to dispute Zen.
Dude, playing LoL with thread open.

Logic isn't pointing away from my gut. Logic is pointing away from your gut. Logic says Zen is the more likely to be the tracker. Occam's razor says Zen is the tracker. Therefore, Orbo is scum.

The thing I'm giving isn't zen a bit more trust, it's actually give Zen a leg to stand on because I seem to be the only one with their head on correctly.

J, why do you say the above, and then just default to Occam's razor as if Orbo CC'ing didn't matter anyways? Was this just bull****?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J you should elaborate on why it's soup

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Reason being is if no one came into CC Zen besides Orbo it would make sense that we would have a problem. If Kary/Soup came in and claimed tracker, it would have insta-condemned Zen in my eyes but since it was Orbo the one Zen said was scum. I don't know why Zen tried to pull that hail mary on Orbo because we would have lynched Orbo then him and we would still have a day. Which means Zen was confident in whomever was his scum-partner was to finish the game and that's why he was confident enough to finish it out. Orbo CC'ing threw a wrench in the works and I honestly did feel Zen was more plausible with his play over Orbo for the tracker and I read him for more of a PR with his weird playstyle over scum. It wasn't bull**** it was my honest opinion on the entire matter.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also J you had Zen as a #3rd scum pick and then zen claims tracker and you just say yea orbo scum ran dumb blah blah blah

why did you beleive Zen even when you DID feel he was possibly scum and you KNOW zen does weird gambits like this

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J you should elaborate on why it's soup

It's not me, it's not orbo, and I am pretty damn sure it's not Scary so that leaves you and Soup and I have had a stronger read on Soup from when I first started this game. Plus the fact is looking at your play when Zen claimed tracker it was either a pretty damn elaborate bus which I can honestly believe coming from a scum-team of Ran/Zen but it's not the theory I believe in at the moment even though it does make sense about Zen being pretty damn confident his partner could win in LyLo after his death. However, at this stage in the game I feel it's more safe to go for Soup which would be the more correct answer at this stage in the game. So I would rather have Soup toDay>you.

If it's not Soup, I have a big feeling it's going to be me/you and most likely orbo if the doctor does the right thing in LyLo which I am okay with.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also J you had Zen as a #3rd scum pick and then zen claims tracker and you just say yea orbo scum ran dumb blah blah blah

why did you beleive Zen even when you DID feel he was possibly scum and you KNOW zen does weird gambits like this

Because if you recall from my original post, I said that that Zen was more weird and therefore could fit in as my 3rd scum-read. I was debating on whether he was one of the PRs or actually scum. When he claimed Tracker, his play made much more sense to me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because if you recall from my original post, I said that that Zen was more weird and therefore could fit in as my 3rd scum-read. I was debating on whether he was one of the PRs or actually scum. When he claimed Tracker, his play made much more sense to me.

Tell me WHY exactly his play d1 and d2 match up with being a tracker

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Actually just give me a second Ranmaru, I believe the game is over if I have my math correct. You shush for now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think we have two lynches left

worst case scenario
4v1
night time
doc only docs orbo to be safe
2v1

doc claims

lynch one of the unclears

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J answer my question I think I just layed out the math (it's not that hard) so there isn't any reason for you to shush me now :mad:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Okay yeah my math is correct because let's see.

5 alive, 2 PRs in there (Orbo and the doc) and Orbo is garunteed to go to LyLo because the doc can just protect him. That means he is garunteed to find the final scum in LyLo based on his result of whether they were seen going to the dead body. (It being one of the remainder of whoever is not the doc of J/Ranmaru/Scary assuming Soup is lynched)

So the Day goes like this:

Lynch Soup
Doc protects Orbo
Orbo gets a result on one of Ranmaru/Scary which would led him to find the final scummate(if Soup is in fact not the final scum)

Why'd I take myself out of the picture in that last sentence?

I'm the Weak Doctor. I protected Kary N1 which gave me my 100% town-read on him and why I was so adamant of my affection towards him and protecting him. That's your silly connection Ranmaru which was wrong 100%. N2 I protected Orbo so now I can back up his claim for certain that he is definitely the Tracker which makes it easy enough to say that he is 100% cleared even more with the Zen scum-flip. That leaves Soup/Ranmaru/Scary. I am assuming Orbo tracked me which led him to show that I went to him last night or if we are even luckier, he tracked one of Ranmaru/Scary/Soup. The unluckiest scenario is if he chose to track Kary for some unknown reason which would give us no light on anything.

The reason I am outting this information now is because it is 100% check-matted the final scum-mate into an auto-lose and an auto-win for town. Now that the game is finished we can pretty much just have a leisure win in the end game. I will die in Orbo's place so that he may get a final track result which will result in the win since the mafia would have to kill me over anyone else because that would leave me and Orbo in Lylo with the confirmed scum since we are both confirmed town due to this game being an open set-up.

This section is just for you, Ranmaru, before come in with some speculation of how I could be lying, that's illogical. If I were to be fake-claiming Doctor at this stage in the game, I would be insta-sealing my tomb in Lylo. Even if I got the "real" doctor to be lynched it wouldn't work because it would have proved me as scum in Lylo after lynching the real doctor and NK'ing Orbo. That would leave me in Lylo with let's say Soup/Scary or Scary/Ran or Soup/Ran which I am just gonna say with that one of those players would not let me talk my way out of that. Therefore, I am telling the truth. So you can stop your WIFOM.

Now I honestly don't care who is lynched of Soup/Scary/Ran since the game is over. I just feel Soup is more likely to be the final scum-pick.

@Obro: So who do you want to lynch toDay? You pretty much have as much say as you want to have. I also am giving Scary more of a leg to stand on over Ranmaru/Soup.

@Ranmaru: Now, let's get down to business, convince me of Soup or Scary over you.
@Soup: Same thing to you about Ranmaru/Scary.
@Scary: Who do you feel is scum between Ranmaru/Soup?

I'm going to Unvote for now but my head leans on lynching Soup. The final scum-member could throw in the towel now and no shame would be given, but there is literally a 0% win-chance for you at the moment.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lynching one of Soup/Ranmaru.

Orbo tracks the remainder which either locks you in as the final scum-mate(highest unlikely possibility) or lynch who Orbo got a bingo on if the one we lynch toDay doesn't flip scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We actually wait for Orbo's results

and if J is clear

that means it's Soup

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That's kind of what I've been saying since yesterDay. Told you 100% that you were wrong yesterDay on both your Kary/J reads.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh yeah J. Even so, you still have to tell me why exactly to YOU, zen's play matched up to be tracker. I'll talk to you more once you do this and I think about what you said

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh yeah J. Even so, you still have to tell me why exactly to YOU, zen's play matched up to be tracker. I'll talk to you more once you do this and I think about what you said

Focus your attention on someone who might actually be scum. This does not stand relevant anymore and would just be a waste of time instead of you trying to figure out (from our town PoV) which one of Soup/Scary is scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just do it while I try to see if you are bull****ting or not J you are capable of doing a power play to win as scum so please, answer my question while I think about it plzzzzzzzzzzz :3

I'm not going to just be like 'oh ok sure occamz razor I'll only think about soup/scary' when that **** WOULDN'T have flown yesterday either

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just do it while I try to see if you are bull****ting or not J you are capable of doing a power play to win as scum so please, answer my question while I think about it plzzzzzzzzzzz :3
I literally just dedicated an entire paragraph to you saying/explaining/outlining HOW I could not be scum. Are you really gonna be this dense Ranmaru? Please let me have just a bit of faith for your intelligence this game. Please. Do I need to requote it? I cannot be lying at this stage of the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't want a defense of why you aren't scum

I want an explanation of why you think zen's play matched that of a tracker

What why should I just give you my faith when you didn't give me any at all ; _____ ;

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J the problem is that I still had concerns about this and you kinda just claim in the middle of it and expect me to just go 'k j is town i'll forget everything I know'

now if no one CC's then fine I'll drop it

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Because I said so. I'm not scummy and it has literally just been you mis-reading (or being scum) with Soup trying to paint me as wrong when I have him correct or him being just horribly incorrect this entire game on nearly everything ('cept Zen since I was the only one to vote with him).

I already said why Zen's play matched that of a tracker. His orbo suspicion from D1 combined onto D2 PLUS the sheer fact that his play was weird which I had stated D2. Go back and read that if you want it rehashed. You can even pretend that I am resaying it now.

Just step back and listen to yourself man, you sound absolutely ridiculous with your question at me. Focus them elsewhere where they won't make you look incredibly silly and actually trying to find scum. Yes, if you are town, you did good on calling out Zen but otherwise every other read has been backwards. I'll take the blame for mis-reading Zen as a PR>Scum, but I will not apologize for my Soup/You push when through my eyes that is who it has to be with obvi-new town Scary and me reading Orbo town until the tracker situation which was a falter in my play. However, I have had you and Soup and consistent scum-reads. I am 100% on that much. Soup is my biggest feel for a scum-read and I feel he has mentally checked out after that huge post I made towards him. If Soup is scum, his play is pretty much forgiven for the most part because he just played a bad scum-game which does happen. If he is town and I gave him more credit then I should have so be it. That makes you the final scum-mate. With your recent play w.r.t. Zen I am pretty confident on it being Soup because you have played better regardless of alignment then Soup but still have points against. So either you and Zen set up a great bus situation or the thought is Soup/Zen. IF it is Scary then I have to say ku-freaking-dos to him and he will be a great new addition to the DGames community(regardless he has been fun to play with).

So I will say this one final time Ranmaru, stop bugging me with things that unimportant to figuring out the final piece of the puzzle and either lynch Soup or convince me of Scary.

Vote: Soup

I've changed my mind and just locking in my vote for Soup.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm also just trying to cover all the options

I'm trying to think if there is any way as scum that you'd get away with this so at least let me THINK and don't just say THERES NO OTHER WAY RAN DON'T FIGHT IT IM SUPER TOWN

and I am reading your section over and over k

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J the problem is that I still had concerns about this and you kinda just claim in the middle of it and expect me to just go 'k j is town i'll forget everything I know'

now if no one CC's then fine I'll drop it

The ONLY person who could possibly CC me is Soup. You obviously haven't tried to CC me, Scary did not CC me and even asked what I want to do, and Orbo cannot CC me being the tracker (which honestly would be a good laugh). One of Soup's only moves as scum is to CC me and try to get me lynched/kill Orbo but even then with you and Scary in LyLo I would hope to god that you would lynch him instantely instead of letting him try and coerce one of you two to lynch the other.

What concerns do you possibly have when I have laid out the game, trapped the final scum in a corner, and handed it all out a silver platter? You seriously cannot be doing this Ranmaru.............

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm also just trying to cover all the options

I'm trying to think if there is any way as scum that you'd get away with this so at least let me THINK and don't just say THERES NO OTHER WAY RAN DON'T FIGHT IT IM SUPER TOWN

and I am reading your section over and over k

Well it is driving me up a wall because it's right there in your face.

Top Bottom