• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Who Mafia, Endgame! Town wins! The universe is doomed!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sorry for all the questions, what is SvT? (scum vs. town?)

Kary, I think you forgot to unvote before voting Pawn lol.
Correct. TvT is Town vs Town, SvS is Scum vs Scum, and SvT is Scum vs Town. Basically a way to describe interactions.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ran coached his partner to vote him to try to distance? Possible. Keeping my eye on Skytear.
this sort of argument looks bad, trying to draw a connection that isn't there.

Ewwww.

I dislike Ran's push on me, first off. I dislike that he's appealing to Zen when Zen is one of the people he wants to lynch (for god knows why). I dislike that out of the inactives he's choosing good players as opposed to an equally inactive newbie (Skytear). I dislike that he's calling Kary obvtown when Kary votes him. And there's what I pointed out above.

Vote: Ranmaru
I dislike this post. Probably better to let Ran respond though. the rest of what you posted was alright. still, riddle me this;

why would Ran, as scum, only want to lynch inactives?

Good with a Ran lynch :cool: let's go bay bee
stop being bad at this game. why are you good with a Ran lynch?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
More Zen votes IMO.
Fine with kantrip's catchup thus far.
Fine with TPK and probably pawn making it through toDay. Zen/Ran/Scary. the later two in either order.
Actually, put skytear after Zen

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
@Mod-rectify skytear situation plz. Replacement would be cool.
Contacting Soup to replace.

request votecount
Deadline is the 24th at 11:59PM EST
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
Votecount
1. Pawndidater2 - Paprika
2. The Paprika Killer
3. scaryLB59- Pwn
4. Skytear -
5. Zen - Orbo
6. Grimm (Kantrip) - Ran
7. (SE) Kary -
8. (IC) Orbo -
9. (IC) Ran - Skytear, Zen, Kant

Not voting: Scary, Kary

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You've yet to give a "why" to anything you've ever done this game. You voted Ran, said it was for no reason, and called for his lynch. You've actively done nothing, which isn't the newbie game Zen I remember.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Hi. Let me read up first and I'll get back to you. This game is shaping up to be a pretty normal game. Something on the top of my brain was the earlier wagon I saw forming on Scary, which I really disagreed with. Did that evolve/devolve into something more? I read Scary's earlier posts are just an excited newbie.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm going to do a catch-up in the form of a multi-post clutter. I apologize if it seems rather unorganized, but it helps formulate my thoughts better. Just let me do my thing and I can help us win this game.

#HBC | ѕoup

Why are you afraid of messing it up? Who are you afraid of messing it up for?
FoS:Grimmior
FoS~Finger of Suspicion. Used to show that you find something off, but that you don't want to put your vote on the person just yet.
Orbo, this post here bothers me. I'm not sure what your intention was here at all and FoS'ing a newbie for being cautious is like FoS'ing a newbie for, well, being cautious. Do you have any standards or what you want to see out of the newbies?

#HBC | ѕoup

Very well. The game face is going on. Orbo has been taking the words out of my mouth and I haven't felt like adding. It's only been a day and I haven't gotten into a proper mindset yet. I haven't been asking Grim anything because I was hoping my vote would spark some kind of reaction, but he hasn't been around. I let you get on with your awkward posting to start building a picture of you. Under what circumstance will you stop screwing around? In my mind the game hadn't started so I was taking it easy and screwing around. Now it has started @Grim: What do you think of Kary's move against me? What did you think of his awkward posting?

I feel like you're going in circles with your own logic. What went from a simple vote turned into an over-elaboration and you seem very nervous. Would I be wrong to say that this isn't nearly the same style you used in Devil Survivor? Where you were scum? Reading your early posts literally made me think of it and it seems like you're just looking for something to talk about.

#HBC | ѕoup

Based on 4 pages I dislike Orbo, Pawn and Zen. Zen because he's Zen. TPK seems null.

#HBC | ѕoup

Still only on page 5? Hm gonna have to just prod dodge here and see you guys in a couple of days.

This is already a bad vote considering Ranmaru doesn't need to effort a case like that against Scary. What's Ranmaru's scum intention there, if you disagree?

#HBC | ѕoup

The interaction between Scary/Pawn is ****ing weird. More so on the side of Pawn. What was he even looking for there? Scum isn't going to say they're scum. I actually found myself laughing and also agreeing with Scary when he said 'guess I should've said scum then.' I wouldn't mind lynching him at this point, but I won't vote just yet. Pawn, answer my questions.

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
Oh hello Soup.
I feel like you're going in circles with your own logic. What went from a simple vote turned into an over-elaboration and you seem very nervous. Would I be wrong to say that this isn't nearly the same style you used in Devil Survivor? Where you were scum? Reading your early posts literally made me think of it and it seems like you're just looking for something to talk about.
I guess you could say I am kind of nervous. Since my only experience is Devil Survivor and I was scum, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do this game. I'm trying to be cautious about what I say because I don't want to put myself in a corner and have to lie my way out. On that note, it would be a different style. I was looking for something to talk about, because I felt like nothing was really happening and I wanted some decent material to work with.

#HBC | ѕoup

Reasoning: Kantrip says he's going to read but doesn't care to fulfill that promise. Also just not liking his predecessor's absence. I get the same vibe from Skytear/Zen. Yet hopefully it's a null wrt Skytear since he hasn't even picked up the prod. Probably doesn't even know what a prod is. (Meaning he probably hadn't even noticed the game yet somehow... but still considering that he's avoiding the game on purpose... but not too likely in my opinion)

Zen is being very lazy and I voted him and he just votes me back. I had to poke him in pre-game and he just RVS's Kary. In another game if I was lazy in pregame he'd lynch me for it! And has!
You're over thinking. Town can be just as lazy as scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

whaaaat?? quickest 180 ever?

Ran you CANNOT be all gung-ho 'let's lynch Kantrip' and then 30 seconds later be like 'ooh actually I might lynch X/Y before him' that's just awful.

ALSO, everyone you want to lynch is an inactive?? WHAT IN THE HELL, BRO>?

ARE YOU SCUM?

Ranmaru is just being Ranmaru. Nothing he's posted has made me consider him as scum. It's true I might be relying on meta a bit more than I should, but that's implying that it doesn't work. Some people have certain tells that you shouldn't ignore, and one of those (town)tells from ranmaru if overanalyzing a situation. There's no need to put himself in danger by making such a choppy case on Kantrip for literally being inactive.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru, why are you gunning for inactives? Or more specifically, Kantrip? How is Kantrip's absence different from anyone else's absence?

#HBC | ѕoup

Orbo and pawn's idle chit chat in the confirmation stage is very relaxed and natural. Not distancing. Very blatant cross-votes on each other further this point, it would bring attention for how obvious it was if it was distancing. They are not the scumteam.

Orbo's #78 is a dumb question. Seeing how it develops, initial lean town.

TPK's RVS vote in his #77 looks composed. Either careful town or scum, leaning scum.

Kary's early game is annoying. No bearing on read as of yet.
Disagree wrt TPK. My thoughts lined up completely with him and he's showing a genuine effort to try and find scum. I'm not sure how you believe how he's being careful. What does 'composed' mean? How is this a tell? Elaborate further.

#HBC | ѕoup

Orbo and pawn are solid townreads. Moving on!/quote]

....What? ...What?

Okay, let's go back a couple of paces.

Ran is trying to look proactive by asking a bunch of other people as a way to say "hey guys come on let's get this game moving!" However, he isn't doing anything to actually progress the game himself. He's asking hollow questions and telling other people to post reads. Where are his reads? Where are his conclusions?

Faking being proactive. Scumread.
Okay, let's look at the bolded. Ranmaru stated his reads. Conclusions? He made one on you. I literally don't understand how you making a double standard here and calling Ranmaru faking being proactive when pawn has nearly dominated the whole thread for a long time, and with not nearly as much content or conclusions. The only thing notable I've seen is him trying to justify his vote on Scary, and even that isn't much. Please tell me the difference between Ranmaru's proactiveness and Pawn's proactiveness.

#HBC | ѕoup

I see your problem with pawn.

Here's my perspective, feel free not to share it: pawn has been really relaxed in thread and posting whatever he feels like. When you pressured him he smartened up and hopped on a wagon as a knee-jerk reaction to being called out. This is a townie response where lashing out at your accusations would be scummy. I like that he tried to fix the problem for you rather than making excuses. I dunno, that might be me. Him posting random off-topic stuff in thread reads as townie to me. Newbscum would stay on task to avoid looking scummy.
Read Devil Survivor.

#HBC | ѕoup

Huh. Not as big as a re-read as I thought.

Town
Me :]
Kary
Scary (lol)
Ranmaru
Kantrip
Zen
Orbo
Pawn
Scum

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh hello Soup.

I guess you could say I am kind of nervous. Since my only experience is Devil Survivor and I was scum, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do this game. I'm trying to be cautious about what I say because I don't want to put myself in a corner and have to lie my way out. On that note, it would be a different style. I was looking for something to talk about, because I felt like nothing was really happening and I wanted some decent material to work with.

Okay. Why did you switch from Scary to Ranmaru? That literally looks like you're just trying to get a lynch.

#HBC | ѕoup

Fine. I guess if nobody's interested in a Scary lynch I can let it go.. for now.
I'm pretty sure Kantrip isn't scum. The same does not apply to Ran.
I'm fine with Kary getting doctored.
It's your job as a townie to get the players you want lynched. Don't let your scum read get away just because you can't get people to agree with you. Either you're not trying hard enough or your reasoning isn't convincing. Fix that.

Top Bottom