• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Who Mafia, Endgame! Town wins! The universe is doomed!

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Zen also said that I should be lynched because of my posting style. I take it you don't think that was important?
Null hting because scum can take it as an easy lynch push but town can take it as a "this guy isn't producing content" kinda thing

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Ah, I read that all wrong then. Trying to think way too hard lol. I'm gonna slow down then.

@ran: is all backtracking scummy?
Calm down, play a little more naturally. Occams razor(simplest explanation is the most likely one, etc)
you didn't think anything of his early game questions?

e.g.:

I was scratching my head trying to figure why Orbo posted them.
Why not just ask me about it then? i asked if your vote was RVS or if you actually saw omething scummy, and the schtick question was to see if you' be posting like that all game.
Still only on page 5? Hm gonna have to just prod dodge here and see you guys in a couple of days.

Vote: Ranmaru
Why the Ran vote Zen?
Potassium replaces Grimm!
Effective immediately, everyone say hi and welcome him!
Hi Kantrip.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No reason at all Orbo. Would really like for you guys to do something though. (not you personally, rather the game as whole)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ALRIGHT GUYS

DEADLINE IN THREE DAYS.

Guess what that means? We have to huddle up and decide on a lynch. But don't worry newbies, I know just who.

Vote: Kantrip

Zen, join me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reasoning: Kantrip says he's going to read but doesn't care to fulfill that promise. Also just not liking his predecessor's absence. I get the same vibe from Skytear/Zen. Yet hopefully it's a null wrt Skytear since he hasn't even picked up the prod. Probably doesn't even know what a prod is. (Meaning he probably hadn't even noticed the game yet somehow... but still considering that he's avoiding the game on purpose... but not too likely in my opinion)

Zen is being very lazy and I voted him and he just votes me back. I had to poke him in pre-game and he just RVS's Kary. In another game if I was lazy in pregame he'd lynch me for it! And has!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually:

Mod, did Skytear respond to your prod? Because if not, if it's been 48/72 hours (depending on your rules), maybe it's time to give another one because he's being a meanie

I might consider lynching Kantrip/Sky before Zen actually.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I should say this:

A good townie is an active townie. This kind of pace doesn't occur usually. So as newbies, try to take a deeper, more proactive approach to finding scum. If it might help, go to Mafiascum.net and look at their wiki about Mafia theory. It has helped me. And of course, play more games.

Anyways, good ways of finding scum is talking. If no one is really talking, you have to take a stand and talk about things you find suspicious. Nothing happening? Then make something happen. Even if it gets you attention, that can put you in a bad position. You don't have to worry because you are town, and should be able to defend yourself by explaining exactly was going on in your mind. Then once something happens, you can talk and if people are not present... YOU ROPE THEM IN.

Mafia can be deep. You do have to read and sometimes re-read to find what's between the lines and who is trying to hide within the town. I think this is all I wanted to say.

Be active, talk about suspicions, shake things up to get discussion going. prod bystanders, etc etc.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
(Once you talk more, scum have to talk more and have to fake more, giving them more chances to slip up for you to find!)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
ALRIGHT GUYS

DEADLINE IN THREE DAYS.

Guess what that means? We have to huddle up and decide on a lynch. But don't worry newbies, I know just who.

Zen, join me.
Actually:

Mod, did Skytear respond to your prod? Because if not, if it's been 48/72 hours (depending on your rules), maybe it's time to give another one because he's being a meanie

I might consider lynching Kantrip/Sky before Zen actually.

whaaaat?? quickest 180 ever?

Ran you CANNOT be all gung-ho 'let's lynch Kantrip' and then 30 seconds later be like 'ooh actually I might lynch X/Y before him' that's just awful.

ALSO, everyone you want to lynch is an inactive?? WHAT IN THE HELL, BRO>?

ARE YOU SCUM?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah everyone I want to lynch is an inactive. I don't think it's pawn or scary. I have a town read on you. Don't have a prob with orbo. I just feel game may be low energy due to scum newbs.

Also I meant Kantrip > Sky before Zen. Sorry for the mix up. Obviously I still want Kantrip. But yeah.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I mean seriously. What do you expect from me? A case? Oh yeah.. totally. There's nothing else to find. Arguments between Pawn v Scary. Paprika making a whole case on Pawn which I felt was slightly towny for putting in all that effort... nothing really scummy because there wasn't really much malicious intent. So sue me.

But I did expect you to go on this tangent, and you are obv town bro. Tell me what you think of Zen tho.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
No reason at all Orbo. Would really like for you guys to do something though. (not you personally, rather the game as whole)
Think you should be pushing content pon your own then Zen, rather then just waiting on the rest of us. I know you can pick up a quick scum read d1 for,m necromaf, why hasn't that hapened here?Vote:zen
ALRIGHT GUYS

DEADLINE IN THREE DAYS.

Zen, join me.
Why kantrip? is it an inactivity lynch?
@kantrip-RVS vote that needed to be taken off.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Basically. I didn't like that his predecessor wasn't here at all and he's not even trying himself. Reminds me of his scumplay in BIM where he lies about not reading to not have to deal with the thread.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol I just realized there are three votes on me omg the pressure

Seriously how can I find scum when 2/3 of the votes on me are not even serious

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That means I'm talking about Sky/Zen :mad:

But I still want Kantrip > Sky > Zen

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, Kary. I forgot to answer that question. I am town.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@orbo: I'm not going to pay that way in a newbie game.

Ran you seem quite worried about the votes on you. You're usually quite nonchalant about being voted. What's up? :)

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Actually:

I'm going to give him until the end of today (Tuesday), to respond. If he does not do so I will give him another prod. If he continues to be inactive I have a person willing to replace.

Deadline is the 24th at 11:59PM EST
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Votecount

Pawndidater2 - Paprika L-4
Paprika Killer -
ScaryLB59 - Pawn L-4
Skytear -
Zen -
Grimm (Kantrip) - Ran L-4
Kary -
Orbo -
Ran - Skytear, Zen Kary L-2

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So nobody said anything about my big thing against Scary. That #188. Y'all ignored it.
I'd like to know what you think of it Ran, given that you don't see him as high priority right now.
you mean aside from TPK? anyhow.

you want me to say something about your #188? It's trash.

My biggest problem with your play is thus;

You weren't adding anything to the game, then, when I pressured you, you jumped headfirst onto the nearest waggon. Scary was probably the easiest thing you could have pushed, and push it you did with all your might, to the exclusion of all else.

are you just really bad at being town? or are you scum?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
But I did expect you to go on this tangent, and you are obv town bro. Tell me what you think of Zen tho.
Zen is being anti-town by not posting very much. It looks like he might just be being lazy. On the other hand, I wouldn't be sad if we lynched him toDay. I've seen him be a lot more active in other newbie games as well so I don't see what the hold up is.

Lol I just realized there are three votes on me omg the pressure

Seriously how can I find scum when 2/3 of the votes on me are not even serious
Ran I don't understand this 2nd line from you (underlined). what do the votes on you have to do with you finding scum? why did you make that connection?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Orbo and pawn's idle chit chat in the confirmation stage is very relaxed and natural. Not distancing. Very blatant cross-votes on each other further this point, it would bring attention for how obvious it was if it was distancing. They are not the scumteam.

Orbo's #78 is a dumb question. Seeing how it develops, initial lean town.

TPK's RVS vote in his #77 looks composed. Either careful town or scum, leaning scum.

Kary's early game is annoying. No bearing on read as of yet.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Eh it's just a copy paste with additions to it. Feel free to contribute anything I may have missed. ;D

Btw Orbo and Pawn, are you drawing reads from Kary? Give me your thoughts.
Kary: Are you going to post that way the whole game, or are you post-restricted?
Zen: No random vote?
I know from past games with Ran that he likes to ask a lot of random questions. Still doesn't make me like these, as they don't seem to be helping Ran develop reads.

@Ranmaru: Did you get anything out of asking Zen about not having a random vote and then him putting a vote down? What do you think of him doing that in response to your question?
I'm actually bored too. So post more guys.

Especially the newbies. I'm going to nap, I expect to see more posts when I awaken.
Basically I want the newbies to try and develop 2-3 reads, with reasoning as to why. Simple.
Ran is trying to look proactive by asking a bunch of other people as a way to say "hey guys come on let's get this game moving!" However, he isn't doing anything to actually progress the game himself. He's asking hollow questions and telling other people to post reads. Where are his reads? Where are his conclusions?

Faking being proactive. Scumread.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Orbo and pawn are solid townreads. Moving on!

/confirm

SORRY FOR BEING LATE

Ran that ain't very nice

What was this in reference to? What's not very nice? I don't get what this vote is doing.

Ran coached his partner to vote him to try to distance? Possible. Keeping my eye on Skytear.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't mind the multitude of posts, just a thing I noticed. Scary any particular reason you want to hang Skytear?
Good question.

Kary #137 a much better demonstration of getting things going than Ran and he comes in with good pressure on pawn. Town.

I am going to enjoy all these silly gif posts. I can see it now.
Relaxed, nonchalant. Like that he's comfortable in thread.

@pawn: I realize, yea I kinda followed the lead however, you never received a vote from me yet. Haven't bought that bus pass.

With that said
Unvote

As far as what I think of Kary, I think Kary is trying to nudge the game forward so far. Not too much of a read. Kinda null for now.
Honest thoughts. Town.

scary and pawn on this last page wtf. FoS both need to decide which of these is worse, gimmie a bit

Plan seems straightforward enough. #1 is probably the best way to utilize weak doc. #2 isn't really a plan but just how to play tracker?
Why was that exchange scummy? Are they scum partners or is that SvT?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I mean seriously. What do you expect from me? A case? Oh yeah.. totally. There's nothing else to find. Arguments between Pawn v Scary. Paprika making a whole case on Pawn which I felt was slightly towny for putting in all that effort... nothing really scummy because there wasn't really much malicious intent. So sue me.

Ewwww.

I dislike Ran's push on me, first off. I dislike that he's appealing to Zen when Zen is one of the people he wants to lynch (for god knows why). I dislike that out of the inactives he's choosing good players as opposed to an equally inactive newbie (Skytear). I dislike that he's calling Kary obvtown when Kary votes him. And there's what I pointed out above.

Kantrip

Kantplay
you mean aside from TPK? anyhow.

you want me to say something about your #188? It's trash.

My biggest problem with your play is thus;

You weren't adding anything to the game, then, when I pressured you, you jumped headfirst onto the nearest waggon. Scary was probably the easiest thing you could have pushed, and push it you did with all your might, to the exclusion of all else.

are you just really bad at being town? or are you scum?
I see your problem with pawn.

Here's my perspective, feel free not to share it: pawn has been really relaxed in thread and posting whatever he feels like. When you pressured him he smartened up and hopped on a wagon as a knee-jerk reaction to being called out. This is a townie response where lashing out at your accusations would be scummy. I like that he tried to fix the problem for you rather than making excuses. I dunno, that might be me. Him posting random off-topic stuff in thread reads as townie to me. Newbscum would stay on task to avoid looking scummy.

Top Bottom