• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Who Mafia, Endgame! Town wins! The universe is doomed!

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
Since nobody else is worried about Scary I decided to set that aside. Tbh that whole thing was about 35% just wanting something to happen.
Now I'm on Ran because he's acting sketchy. He seems kind of stiff in a way.

Kantrip

Kantplay
this sort of argument looks bad, trying to draw a connection that isn't there.
More of a conspiracy theory. I'm not gonna crucify Skytear if Ran is scum and I don't need that connection for my Ran case to stand on its own.

I dislike this post. Probably better to let Ran respond though. the rest of what you posted was alright. still, riddle me this;

why would Ran, as scum, only want to lynch inactives?
It's not that he only wants to lynch inactives, it's that there are players who are threats to him (me and Zen) who happen to be among the inactives. It makes them an easy push because people will jump on board an inactive wagon and then he can get rid of me or Zen. Note that we are the two he targeted.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Since nobody else is worried about Scary I decided to set that aside. Tbh that whole thing was about 35% just wanting something to happen.
Now I'm on Ran because he's acting sketchy. He seems kind of stiff in a way.
Not good enough. Would you lynch Scary over Ran if you could?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Disagree wrt TPK. My thoughts lined up completely with him and he's showing a genuine effort to try and find scum. I'm not sure how you believe how he's being careful. What does 'composed' mean? How is this a tell? Elaborate further.
That was just in reference to his RVS post. That one sentence irked me but the rest of his play is fine.

Something being composed is a tell because often being really careful is being scummy. Town doesn't have anything to fear in thread. Some townies are still careful though. As I said, I'm fine with TPK.

#HBC | ѕoup

. Town doesn't have anything to fear in thread.
Wrong. Town has more pressure than scum. They have to be right and scumhunt, scum just has to bull****. Discerning the line between what's bull**** and what's genuine is what nets scum. I don't believe TPK was bull****ting.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's not the same kind of fear. Town knows that if they act natural they won't slip because they have nothing to hide. Sure there's a lot of pressure to be right, but that's not gonna make their posts seem forced.

#HBC | ѕoup

What do you think about my points made against Ranmaru?

#HBC | ѕoup

Hard to say. As time goes on I'm getting less sure about my read on Scary, although he hasn't really done anything but ask for clarification on a few terms since #188.
If you're unsure, then why were you acting so sure before? Stop these nerves. Stop being scared of being wrong. The chance that town actually lynches right on D1 isn't very likely, considering it's the first day and there's not a lot of information. That doesn't imply you should just #yolo it however.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
you. respond to this:

you mean aside from TPK? anyhow.

you want me to say something about your #188? It's trash.

My biggest problem with your play is thus;

You weren't adding anything to the game, then, when I pressured you, you jumped headfirst onto the nearest waggon. Scary was probably the easiest thing you could have pushed, and push it you did with all your might, to the exclusion of all else.

are you just really bad at being town? or are you scum?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's not that he only wants to lynch inactives, it's that there are players who are threats to him (me and Zen) who happen to be among the inactives. It makes them an easy push because people will jump on board an inactive wagon and then he can get rid of me or Zen. Note that we are the two he targeted.
lol what? how can you be a threat to him if you're inactive?
and surely he can just night kill you?

ugh

you keep telling me things that you don't like about Ran but I don't understand how they're supposed to be scummy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
also soup i'm sure I say this to you every game but stop posting.

you're not even sure pawn is scum, you're just giving him a hard time because the last time you saw him play he was scum.

sigh

#HBC | ѕoup

also soup i'm sure I say this to you every game but stop posting.

you're not even sure pawn is scum, you're just giving him a hard time because the last time you saw him play he was scum.

sigh
That's not true at all.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think Kary's call-out on me was really poor but I still think he's town. It did kind of pisses me off that he thinks I'm not sure on Pawn.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Alright boys and girls. Soups and Lemons. Paprikas and Potassiums. I'm sorry to have to end this game early, but well... I'm Zen. It's part of my nature that can't be helped. And it pains me to see you all scramble about as so. So here we go.

The scum team:
Orboknown
Pawndidater2

Now it would be much simpler if you all simply took my word for it, but I know from experience that very few are competent enough to do so. So here is case stuff provided for your convenience.

Part 1: The Orb of great knowledge
First off, Orboknown has been targeting the weakest players all game from the very start. He starts off aggro against Grimm (who was playing for the very first time and knows very little how to go about the game.

First game, I apologize in advance if i mess it up or something for you guys.
Why are you afraid of messing it up? Who are you afraid of messing it up for?
FoS:Grimmior
FoS~Finger of Suspicion. Used to show that you find something off, but that you don't want to put your vote on the person just yet.
Like Jeeze dude how about easing him into the game the IC way instead of immediately painting him in a negative light when it's clear he hadn't know much about how to go about the game. Off the bat was raising an eyebrow at this dude here.

His next target was the semi-active player known as Zen. Wait that's me ^.^! From near start into the present he has been on my *** knowing that I don't respond to that stuff. It's given him an out to show that he is "actively pressing for scum" when really doing something that he knows would go no where. Absolutely useless use of his vote.

Second off, opportunism. This is the most telling. Orbo has expressed no suspicion of Ran all game, but one suddenly seemed to appear right after it looked like a Ran lynch could be getting some traction. For the record I don't think Ran is scum. I just wanted to see who would hop on if I started pressing him. Low and behold, Orbo did it in such a subtle way:
More Zen votes IMO.
Fine with kantrip's catchup thus far.
Fine with TPK and probably pawn making it through toDay. Zen/Ran/Scary. the later two in either order.
Actually, put skytear after Zen
Where did this Ran suspicion come from? Take note this is RIGHT after Kantrip (Potassium) votes Ran and I'm all like "Yeah Ran lynch bay bee". Before this Orbo expressed NO suspicion of Ran at all. But now all the sudden he is in his lynch pool after noticing some lynch potential x3.
The subtlety of it is telling as well as it shows he was trying to get it in there without looking like he was backing off from his hard core Zen push. It's funny because in the last line he puts "actually put skytear after zen". This is in the same post, so why does he not just simply put skytear after Zen himself? Surely it's easier to type "skytear/" after my name rather than typing in that last sentence? I'll tell you why! He wanted Ran to be up there, but he also wanted his options to be open and again not look like he was suddenly changing face. It's him distancing himself from the lynch while also supporting it at this same time. This is like so apparent to me and I hope the rest of you are competent enough to see this.

Part 2: The Pawn of the Orb of knowledge
All I want to say about Pawn as an individual is him also falling for the Ran trap and taking the opportunity to get on his wagon. Not just getting on, but putting him at L-1.

Fine. I guess if nobody's interested in a Scary lynch I can let it go.. for now.
I'm pretty sure Kantrip isn't scum. The same does not apply to Ran.
Vote: Ranmaru
I'm fine with Kary getting doctored.
Haha again where did this come from. He drops his scum read because no one else is seeing it and just votes for Ran? And where is the Kantrip town certainty coming from? I can just imagine Orbo telling him in the quicktopic vote for Ran because he can't do it without looking suspicious. This post is probably the scummiest in the game. The willingness to drop a scum read, the town certainty on both Ran and Kantrip and the opportunistic placing of Ran at L-1.

The last part, the interaction between the two, gives me super zen confidence that I'm right on the two.

Part 3: Pawn & Orb together
Let's start off at the beginning with their RVS votes:

Sweet.

Vote: Orboknown
Tennant avatar? Do you think we're stupid?
Welcome to the Random Voting Stage, more commonly referred to as RVS. This is the beginning point of the game, which some players instead use as the "RQS", or Ranodm questioning Stage. The point of the RVS is to get the ball rolling by using our votes to pressure players into making any slips or mistakes. usually we will end up lynching a townsperson, but we can't win the game without lynching so don't be afraid to put your votes out there!
Vote:pawn
Right when game started. Quite sure Orb did not see Pawn's post before and I don't think the fact that they both voted for each other is coincidence.

Later that Day. And by Day I mean Page.
I see you there pawn. anything you wanna comment on yet?
Vote on me isn't doing anything imo,move it to someone else?
Oh, sorry.
Vote: Grimmior
More people need to get in here.
herp

(also take in mind that he votes Orb's fos lol)

Lol, no reads yet. A bit early. The only thing is that quote from grimmior, which, on it's own, isn't much to worry about, but we should keep an eye on him and any chainsaw attempts.
Pawn showing signs of outside knowledge. Orb coming to the rescue before anyone notices:
Where'd you learn what a chiansaw was?
So let's go through the scum checklist here:
1. Orbo scum? Check
2. Pawn scum? Check
3. Orbo & Pawn scum together? Check

Sorry if this game is not as fought out as you might have hoped for it to be newbies, but obvscum is obvscum, and it's not something I can just easily ignore :/

Vote: Orbo

#HBC | ѕoup

Let's say you're wrong on either one, where do you go from there? I like that you finally laid out your cards.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Wow, a ton has happened since my request on page 6.

Hello Soup, you've been on it since coming in. I might adapt the post clutter thing. I've been having the hardest time conveying any thoughts since me vs pawn. Haven't really known what to say except ask questions on terms.

Soup, may I ask why a (lol) on your town read for me?

#HBC | ѕoup

It's just a feeling I get. E
Wow, a ton has happened since my request on page 6.

Hello Soup, you've been on it since coming in. I might adapt the post clutter thing. I've been having the hardest time conveying any thoughts since me vs pawn. Haven't really known what to say except ask questions on terms.

Soup, may I ask why a (lol) on your town read for me?
Post cluttering isn't really good for anything but catch-up. Don't rely on it too much. Your posts come off as earnest, and I don't see your scum intent. It also helps that you had that interaction I pointed out with Pawn earlier on, as I believe that wasn't SvT. The fact you went out of your way to post this as a means of fixing your faults and admitting makes me read you even more Town. I was already town-reading you at that moment and it's not like you were forced to post this. As Kantrip put it, you're being genuine and honest.

#HBC | ѕoup

Scary, I look at it like this. Post what's on your mind, but also know when to be quiet. Let your thoughts be known and discern what's important and what isn't important. You don't need to cover the whole game and you certainly don't need to post about everything. If anything, scum are more likely to do this, because they want to seem town. There are exceptions, however. Discerning those exception just falls into what they're posting and why. There is a reason for everything in Mafia.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The scum team:
Orboknown
Pawndidater2

Now it would be much simpler if you all simply took my word for it, but I know from experience that very few are competent enough to do so. So here is case stuff provided for your convenience.
:rolleyes:

is it important to lynch Orbo before pawn?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kary, you're adorable.

Zen, I'm unconvinced. Is Orbo really THAT bad? The connection between the two in RVS is too obvious.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Kary: Nope!
@soup: Nope!
@Kanty: It's only obvious because it has been brought to light. Had you noticed before I made my post? Uh un.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Kary: Nope!
@soup: Nope!
@Kanty: It's only obvious because it has been brought to light. Had you noticed before I made my post? Uh un.
Yes and I commented on it too in my catchup posts. Their conversation and cross votes in RVS on each other is what I'd call too much if it was an attempted distance.

Why Orbo before pawn, btw?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh yeah! I think you're giving them too much credit. Besides even if you don't think it's SvS solely on interaction. Do you not agree with my individual analysis of each of them?

It doesn't matter who's lynched first to me. I just chose Orbo.

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
****ing hell.
you. respond to this:
Maybe it was trash. I was so eager for something to happen I threw together a case against the most suspicious person in my mind at the moment.

Soup, you're riding a bit much on how my play is similar to Devil Survivor. That's not really substantial, seeing as I haven't been town before and you don't know that I wouldn't act the same.

Are we lynching me or Orbo first? I'd like to know how hard to laugh when I flip town or if I should run for the hills in case Orbo flips scum.

Top Bottom