• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
FLUDD will be reskinned into a douche, clearly.

I'd love if Doc had more puzzle games referenced in his moveset but I'm really doubting anything that good will come out of the Dr/Dark/'cina clones...

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Doc's not coming back.

He's just too similar to Mario to be made into his own character.

I would love to see Mario adopt some of his move properties though.
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha

I wish you were right

StarLight42

Smash Lord
FLUDD will be reskinned into a douche, clearly.

I'd love if Doc had more puzzle games referenced in his moveset but I'm really doubting anything that good will come out of the Dr/Dark/'cina clones...
Maybe his final smash? Hopefully.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I hope they modify his forward aerial to meteor smash like Mario's. That's pretty much the one area where I actually prefer regular Mario.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
The F.L.U.D.D. will spray a giant bottle of Pepto-Bismol. ;)

Since we have the chance of the Koopalings being alternate skins of Bowser Jr., I wonder if there's a chance we could see Dr. Luigi as an alt. for Dr. Mario.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I hope they modify his forward aerial to meteor smash like Mario's. That's pretty much the one area where I actually prefer regular Mario.
I'd rather not. I'd actually like for that move to have the ability to kill on stage, too.

Though seems like character bounce really high from the ground from meteor smashes. DK killed someone with a FAir on stage in E3.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
He's gonna get that rising 'nado. Doc is MK, after all.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I love Dr. Mario in PM more than I love regular Mario.

If Dr. Mario doesn't have a F.L.U.D.D. then screw Mario.
He was literally just an alt costume in that game.

However, honestly, I hope Dr. Mario takes a lot of "inspiration" from PM Mario even though Sakurai hasn't probably acknowledged Project M. PM Mario was really good.

Spinach Ops™

Smashtown, Nowhere
NNID
Spinach.Ops
3DS FC
2809-9932-5572
There's no way Doc will have F.L.U.D.D ! I see it as defeating the whole purpose they decided to bring him back to begin with . I guess I'm just really hoping for his move-set to be identical to that of Melee Doc .

Misinko

Smash Cadet
Like everyone else has said, if Doc doesn't have the F.L.U.D.D I'm picking him up. I despise the F.L.U.D.D in Brawl. I honestly want Dr. Mario to be Melee Mario, just in Smash 4. I really want my main back.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Its funny to look back at the first few pages of this thread, everybody was like 100% sure he wasn't coming back.
It's weird that people were so confident that Dr. Mario was definitely not coming back considering he was already planned for Brawl and only got left out due to time constraints.

Last edited:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
It's weird that people were so confident that Dr. Mario was definitely not coming back considering he was already planned for Brawl and only got left out due to time constraints.
I think it was because Sakurai made an early statement along the line of "the new Smash won't have clones." Of course, that was one of the most troll statement EVER considering the leaked roster and what has been confirmed about it...but yeah.

It just seemed like at best people wanted the best of Mario and Doc put into one character. I mean, that is what happened in PM but I would wager most would want that situation to happen in Smash 4.

But of course, it's looking like Doc and Lucina are going to be copy-pasted in all caps version of Mario and Marth so...meh. I got over it. LoL Man, if Doc gets F.L.U.D.D. I will laugh so hard...

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I would like to see the Dr. Tornado revamped whenever he uses the Dr. Tornado Prescriptions and Pills come out.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Nah nah nah, we all know his new down B will be a counter.

A counter that requires the use of his stethoscope, and on hit, the sheer blast coming from his ruptured eardrums will send his foes flying.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
If doc is back I'll be very happy. I don't like the direction mario is going and using doc in melee just "feels right" compared to any other character in any smash game for me.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I would rather have him as an alternate costume.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario isn't actually Mario, he's Mario & Luigi's younger brother who is being put through medical school by the Mario Bros Plumbing company. You can read all about it in my fanon Mario lore blog here.

Seriously though, I'm curious as to what Doc's custom moves will be. Or any of the clone's custom moves really.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
So each character will get 8 colors / costumes. 4 Dr. Mario's and 4 Dr. Luigi's, or 8 colors of Dr. Mario?

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
But we want pills to work like they do in melee and sakurai said even for a small change that we would have a different character slot. But I do agree that the concept of Dr. Mario dosen't fit in, but hey it's probably almost no effort to inclue him in the game since he's a clone

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'm a bit confused, do you think he will get his own amiibo? It's kind of redundant with a Mario amiibo already released.

I would rather have him as an alternate costume.
I completely disagree. I need a Mario that doesn't have the worst :GCD::GCB: ever.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm a bit confused, do you think he will get his own amiibo? It's kind of redundant with a Mario amiibo already released.
Did they even say that all characters will get an amiibo anyway?

I'll get it anyway. Not every day you can get a figure of Mario in a lab coat. Plus it'd sell so I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom