• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If any of you guys haven't noticed I'm really excited to get my hands on this character. They even made his Dair unique from Melee Mario's now, I look forward to this greatly.

Guess I'll post my fanboy speculation.

- Will retain all of Melee Doc properties or most, including weird reverse Nair, Semi spike Bair, etc.
- Has this new amazing Dair with horizontal KB that looks to mirror Melee Luigi's. Hype as hell because not only is it better than a drill if he retains his Nair, it gives him yet another KO option and it's FAST(this Dair is confirmed to exist as it was shown on Hanayama's Stream when Doc thrashed him with it)
- Please lord keep the Vertical KB Forward Air. I wanna slam jam.
- Megavitamins look to be back and they carry an identical trajectory so Sakurai knew what I wanted
- His new intro is dope.
- Final Smash better be amazing.

Last edited:

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
So he has his mega vitamins that stun, old recovery tornado, new aerials that kill, and a license to practice modern medicine...

Mario who? lol

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I know the Doc isn't a newcomer, but I honestly think that Doc NEEDS this thread. So, confess.
Iwanttotasteyourtears.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If this thing is back and not Mewtwo I'm going to cut someone.
Wait a moment... "I'm going to CUT someone if Mewtwo isn't in"
You're going to cut Someone? Was it you!? Are you the reason Lucas was cut!?!?!

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
So this is his final smash if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Glorious.
Y'know, I saw this, and then it hit me.

THIS MAN IS PLAYABLE.

IN THE ACTUAL GAME.

I'm so happy right now. I'm genuinely, honestly so happy right now. <3

EDIT: This made me literally lol. Honestly, I'm actually every conceivable shade of okay with this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good to see Dr. Mario back, I might try him out when the game releases.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was partially wrong. I always advocated for Dark Pit and I theorized that Dr. Mario was the reason that both Dark Pit and Lucina had abrupt and unprecedented attribute changes given the notion that there was a discrepancy in Sakurai's reasoning. However, I did not 100% believe that he was playable, I was 100% certain that he would not be a costume though.

I think it may be a good idea to make PSA about Doc"replacing" characters like mewtwo and Ridley. People don't understand how clones are made and Dr Mario is going to get a lot of flak from mewtwo supporters due to both being in Melee. A little bit of info will lessen the (unfortunately) inevitable rage (btw congrats)

kylexv

Smash Master
Totally came from left field. Everyone expected Mewtwo (including me) and not Doc.
But I'm glad he's back. That Tornado won me over.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
YES!!
MY MELEE MAIN HAS RETURNED!
IT'S OVER! IT'S ****ING OVER!
... HE'S THE SAME! YO! YOOOOOOOO!
YUS! YUS!
Calm...

Anyway, I'm genuinely glad. I wish his final smash was better, but eh, it looks kewl.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Have guys payed attention to the new electric SFXs?
Using the Doc's f smash, the defibrillator with that sound effect will be so satisfying now.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I was wrong, and now I'm happy for being wrong! I love the clones! I see them as a bonus and not taking other character's slots! People are sooooo biased and I LOOOOOOVEEEE that!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, at least I was right about him keeping his Tornado.

Ironically enough the cloniest clone is now the only "new" semi-clone because of it.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I was wrong thinking he would only be an Alternate Costume for Mario, but since he has the same moveset as Melee Mario he will be one of my mains.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Does he have his black coat? Because if he does, my old secondary main has fully returned.

D

Deleted member

Uh... I never thought that he would get in over Mewtwo... and Roy and Pichu.
I was pretty damn surprised when I saw him get leaked.

I'm not big on his inclusion, but I can see myself play as him more than Mario.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The trailer tonight better be doctor Mario acting as a vet to duck hunt dog then bowser Jr breaks in, leading to a fight.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings

Even though its just a reskin of Mario's this actually looks pretty cool. Would've been better if they did something with those little enemies that are actually in the Dr. Mario games. Funny how Dark Pit got his seperate final smash but I dont think Lucina or Doc did. Totally not favoritism.

ALSO I heard that Pills now do 4% instead of 8%? PLUS adding in staling... Pretty terrible. Still seem like they'll be useful but thats quite the ****ing nerf. Especially seeing as how Dark Pit's arrows do 10% and Pit's do 8% and those are way more spammable than pills.
I HEARD, I don't have proof but I'm sure you could find some instance of it in any of the unlocking videos.

Last edited:

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
When Lucina was confirmed, it gave me renewed hope for Dr Mario. I thought aloud: if it happened before, it might be able to happen again.

People berated me, saying he had no chance. All just because he was "the same character". Even the Samus/ZSS argument wasn't enough to deter them. I was called an idiot for believing he was even possible.

And now that he's in, I'd like to say:

GUESS WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?
:drmario: THE DOCTOR IS IN, AND HE'S PERSCRIBING 100CCS OF BUTT-WHOOPING

But seriously I like that they made him even better in smash 4. Kept his tornado, gave him more alts, kept his black alt (which me and my friends always called pimp doctor), buffed his jumps, and overall had even more uniqueness than before. Dr Mario really just makes me ecstatic for the new Smash Bros.

Now if only swimming is in the Wii U version...

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Even though its just a reskin of Mario's this actually looks pretty cool. Would've been better if they did something with those little enemies that are actually in the Dr. Mario games. Funny how Dark Pit got his seperate final smash but I dont think Lucina or Doc did. Totally not favoritism.

ALSO I heard that Pills now do 4% instead of 8%? PLUS adding in staling... Pretty terrible. Still seem like they'll be useful but thats quite the ****ing nerf. Especially seeing as how Dark Pit's arrows do 10% and Pit's do 8% and those are way more spammable than pills.
I HEARD, I don't have proof but I'm sure you could find some instance of it in any of the unlocking videos.
Oh god, please don't tell me he's been nerfed.

I heard he had been buffed as he jumps higher in this game and the Dr. Tornado has been given more knockback at the last hit, as well as less starting lag.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Oh god, please don't tell me he's been nerfed.

I heard he had been buffed as he jumps higher in this game and the Dr. Tornado has been given more knockback at the last hit, as well as less starting lag.
Yeah, plus it seems SDIing out of multi-hit moves is nerfed in this game so we'll actually be able to use it to rack up damage.
I haven't seen how high you can go by mashing b on the tornado though. It was at least useful for covering horizontal distance in Melee, it BARELY gave you any vertical recovery though (it popped you up a little bit but the end-lag kinda negated it)

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
I'm ok with pills doing less damage. I never really used pills to rack up damage. Instead it was more for the stun it gave
Yeah, same. Their trajectory is a big part of what made them useful and it seems like Doc himself doesn't have much lag after throwing one out any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom