• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Tag Team:
==========
You are assigned two random heroes (different hero classes). You choose which to start the game with. You start with the same bonus gold as all random.

You have an ability that lets you swap heroes, has a 3 minute cooldown. You can swap while your current hero is dead to resume with the other hero.

Any gold you gain is added to both heroes. Any gold you lose on current hero is lost on the other hero as well.

Each hero has their own independent item inventories. Each time you swap heroes, the XP gain is synchronized.

You have to be in the fountain to swap heroes (use -tt)
This sounds so fun.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
btw the matches we played are here:
http://www.twitch.tv/bballin773/b/336407354
check out my rubick in game one !!!
Post-game interview of me here:
http://root-gaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1138
"The first game was defined in large part by Brock Li's perfect Rubick play. He was able to steal almost every Tidehunter Ravage due to his superior positioning."
I cannot contain myself..................................
smash community I love you so much thanks for everything you've done for me as a competitive player, had I not spent so much time here I would be far from the DotA player that I am today

Vyke

Smash Champion
I really wish there could be like, two really good casters casting a dota game. There's always one really good caster paired with some lackluster douche who either sounds really lethargic with a bad mic.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I don't really have that many complaints about the major tournaments at all, they actually care about who's casting them. It's just these events that merit some viewership, but nothing super hyped that have the issue I be talkin' about.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I agree. I've thought a lot about getting into casting myself (probably with Fun) but I haven't tried to dive into it yet. I really feel like I could do way better than nearly everybody but syndereN
If I get so famous that Tobi asks me to dual cast with him I'll definitely take him up on that offer but I really can't see myself putting forth the effort to get myself up and running

Vyke

Smash Champion
I'd focus on building reputation and being a good player so people actually want to listen to what you have to say first.

Also, practice speaking to crowds lol.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
So I found an NBA Jam killstreak mod, it's roughly the most amazing thing ever. It's really simple to install just follow the readme's instructions in the download.

Don't forget to backup the original files in case you ever want to switch back to the default announcer.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Rage:

Searched for a pub, found CM. I was teal so I knew the captain wasn't in their party and possibly everyone was a solo queue. Tell the team, "hey i'll carry, get me morph". Team calls me a noob and picks bloodseeker as our carry against an early AM pick. Blue, who ended up playing BS, happened to pick two characters for himself. My team literally ignored everything I said, didn't give me a hero choice, and then they want to put a solo WR against an AM-tide lane. I told him I didnt want to a) tri lane in a pub and b) WR may not die, but 1v2 is still "losing" a lane and I don't want AM to get beefy (knowing that we have no late game to face off against him). WR was screaming at me in voice chat to get out of "his" lane at spawn even tho I was invis and wanted to get firstblood on their carry (which I eventually got, the whole time being screamed at by him). AM switched bot, I followed, and we started at an early 5-0 lead. We carried this through to our mid game to something like 14-5. We had the lead, get tier 3 tower (no rax), and team decides they want to afk farm for 20 minutes. Needless to say, AM caught up, BS dove solo a bunch and died, and we lost the game at 40 min.

In general, I do my best to be friendly, I try motivating the team and giving tips (ward spots, character tricks, tree cuts, etc), I talk about strategies the opponents are doing and what we can do in response and I watch the minimap and alert my team. But how do you have a conversation with someone who won't listen to a word you say? How do you work on a team with that? I've broken out my best ice breakers and I try to lead by example, but sometimes nothing works. It is really frustrating

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Your story indicates otherwise.
He was joking that Pugna + Crystal Maiden is a good combo (pug CM). :bee:

Edit:

Omfgwtfbbqsauce!!! It seems like ZSMJ is returning to the competitive Dota? My body is not ready!

Source: Link 1 & Link 2

I hope he can find a good team and we can see a 7 minutes Relic again or a 1k gpm sniper ~ RIP Creeps, you all had a good run. ;)

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
lol it is pretty amazing getting 1-2 items a game. I can't wait to hit it hard again tonight.

Also it it just me or is Meepo god tier unstoppable? I've only played against 1 but he hit 25 so fast. I know it's Meepo and all, but I think all his Meepos get the bonus exp for candy turn ins.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
I'm just getting in to DotA, is there a tight forum like smashboards but for DotA? I'm just playing Dota 1 right now.
Try this: http://www.playdota.com/

It's the official forums, with IceFrog having a blog there and stuff. Warning, though: It's full of elitists and spammers. But you can read interesting things sometimes. It's extremely nice to play "outplayed" when someone decides to run it in a blue moon. Have fun. :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Last match for the night and got a Squiddles (Mythical Squid off-hand for Tide) Nice surprise. And opened my only crate for the event and got the Warlock staff.

Anyone much into trading? I'm wondering what the going rate for keys are, might look at trading some junk for one to get the Spirit Breaker weapon from the event crates.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
So, I have been playing a lot of this Halloween event and I haven't managed to get a single essence so far. Hopefully my egg will hatch either way. >.<

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I kinda wish I was active with this game for the event. Sadly, dota takes too much time for me to keep up with it while being in school. I tell myself I'll just play one game and then somehow 6 hours goes by...

Top Bottom