• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink, Don't Care 4 - 7/30/11 - Glen Ellyn IL - Results!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
It wasn't the overall volume, there's quite a few of your BRSTMs that are relatively loud, especially the vocals.

Those were probably the BRSTMs I stole from Kirk, his were much louder than mine. I'll probably just redo them myself and have them be closer in volume to the rest of the songs I looped.

Scythe

Smash Master
kirks Wii is ten times better. all yours sounded lie the same song.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Wow less weeabosity and more shoutouts pleeeease

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
My are there alot of Kirby players in that tournament. Things certainly have changed, since I've attended!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
25. Norm :snake: - I thought you were done raging norm!
yeah i think i'm done with brawl for a bit.. something about being down a stock and then getting planked to have to approach and ending up getting kirbycided just isn't exactly fun. nothing against kwekky.. he played the match correctly.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
2. Sago ($90) - Thanks for reminding me how bad my character is... xD

3. Arty / ($58) - Your tourneys are the best and are definitely worth the long(ish) drive. We'll get that rematch eventually. Don't learn the yoshi match up before then :p.

4. Hunger / ($33) - Glad I didn't have to play you outside of doubles... lol I always hate losing to warios.

7. DLA / - lol honestly im way more afraid to play against your ganon than your top tiers. Idk how to beat bad characters.

9. Count - Sucks you had to play wario and luigi =/. Hopefully my wario is decent enough to give you some matchup practice when you come back to Indiana.

9. Akashi - lol its always fun seeing you and meneil. I was happy DLA beat you because I really didn't want to play you in bracket xD.

9. Marshall - Hope you didn't watch too much of my set vs sago. lolz. Once you learn the yoshi matchup you'll beat me pretty badly. =/

13. .D - ggs in friendlies.

13. Darrell from Zeeland / - nice name. I had no idea you were even coming. I'm sure you would of beaten me, I lose to judo and fuujin every time I play them =/ Sheik is so underrated imo.

13. Grimace / - ggs. I felt so stupid after you picked kirby game 2. I'm like "hey hes going delfino with snake... why wouldn't I go ddd."

17. Kappy / - eh don't know what to say besides ggs. MM next time I see you?

17. Kewkky / - lol was cool meeting you. Hopefully you'll get back used to brawl again soon. So many kirby's in IL now O_o. If I knew you were coming before I already promised scott to team I would of loved to team with you.

17. Meneil - Wow. I don't think I've ever beaten an ike in tournament. gg's and grats on 3 stocking me xD. I'm kinda glad I lost in hindsight because I feel like if I had won I would of lost to the same people you did.

17. Oro - lol i didn't push the mm because you were having fun with melee. We'll play in tournament again eventually if you keep entering brawl.

17. JJRockets - omg your suicide. Were you aiming at the moving platform? After I died early first stock game 1 I felt like I needed a dumb gimp to get back into it. Then I died at 3% and I was so sad. Then you missed your up b. Don't let stuff like that get to you though.

17. Kirk - lol good friendlies, I'm kind of glad we didn't mm now xD. Both your bowser and ike are scary ._. I played fizzles bowser in low tiers and could wall pretty efficiently with pivot grabs but it didn't seem to work nearly as well vs you. What do you think that matchup is?

25. StarbasedFruit - gg's in pools. I'm really trying to learn new characters because I feel so limited playing yoshi now ><. I didn't mean anything by going pikachu vs you other than I need the experience and that is the main matchup I'm looking to pick up pikachu for.

33. Gravity man - gg's man. Going ddd was a really bad idea ._.

Masho - was cool meeting you, hopefully you'll get to enter next time. Finally got revenge on your rob back from our wifi days :p.

Arty I didn't touch yoshi in doubles, I played mk and scott was G&W. It probably doesn't matter because we got last, but yeah =/. Also I really appreciate how much you spend out of pocket doing everything you do for the brawl community. I'm extremely thankful for the $1 venue fee along with the food/drinks and everything.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
yeah i think i'm done with brawl for a bit.. something about being down a stock and then getting planked to have to approach and ending up getting kirbycided just isn't exactly fun. nothing against kwekky.. he played the match correctly.
shoulda gone for the random fair spike!! thats what MY snake wouldve done :yeahboi:

:phone:

Sago

Smash Lord
Very fun tournament. Arty is seriously the best TO alive. And runs some of the fun tournaments of all time. If you get the chance. COME TO ONE OF THESE EVENTS.

I beat lushkin in melee so i should be in 7th not 9th and it would be cool if you put like a (forfeited) next to my name... for pride :p

Marshall/Gorman- Pretty salty about teams. You guys are beasts though.

Kain- you booped me hard at this. I feel like im getting farther and farther away from beating you.

Hunger- Good to see you as always. Im probably just gonna team with kain at the next one since you have 1000 other people your trying to team with. That was a dumb no jumps glide.

arty- i was so glade that my utilt went through your dair. i needed that win for momentums sake.

YOshq-good stuff pulling in some key victories. it was very fun having you over and playing/ everything else. Next time ill teach you to shuffle.

hadesblade- great yoshi. i cant believe how much buns you kicked. fatboy, grimace, and dla....i was in shock.

everyone else. It was so great seeing you and playing/ maxing/ relaxing. see you next month

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
17. Kewkky / - lol was cool meeting you. Hopefully you'll get back used to brawl again soon. So many kirby's in IL now O_o. If I knew you were coming before I already promised scott to team I would of loved to team with you.
It was for the best that we didn't team, heh. Eventually we can do this though! YoshQ didn't have teams planned either, we teamed up because we were teamless, had the money, and met while talking about NeonX, a PR smasher that stayed over at his house. ;D

Akashi

Smash Lord
1.Kain :wolf: ($197) - You were on top of your game this tourney, more than usual imo. I'm glad you come to these because you want to see us... I know it's always a pleasure seeing you. Let's hang out sometime soon :)
2. Sago :metaknight: ($90) - Grats on 2nd, you dweeb! Next time Kenni and I won't go easy on you in dubs, k? ;)
3. Arty :falco: / :gw: ($58) - I will never give up on Marth vs. Falco lol. I'm glad you're finally recognizing that I'm adamant on my character choice, and I'm also glad you think he's my best char now :]. And w/e @ my bracket curse - it's made me a better player, lol
4. Hunger :warioc: / :marth: ($33) - MARTH BY YOUR NAME?! It's a dream come true! I would LOVE for you to play Marth more, you're sooooo entertaining to watch, and it inspires me to be flashier. Style > skill, and fortunately you have both.
5. YoshQ :luigi2: / :metaknight: ($16) - Wow, you know the Marth MU way too well. I'm jealous that Moe gave you so much practice, but I'm also happy - you'll teach me how to fight back. We need to $MM more, so that I can download more. At least I got you to 3rd game!
5. Hadesblade :yoshi2: ($16) - HADESSSSS :D:D:D. I'm your biggest fan! You got ***** by Meneil though ;), lol. Hopefully we'll play in bracket soon!
7. DLA :metaknight: / :ganondorf: - Lol, thanks for the kind words. I will never be salty losing to you, but I will get salty when I die by that SL gimp that's "unblockable" by Marth XD. Regardless, you played super well, so mad props to you. I'm happy I got you to the 3rd game, woot!
7. Quik :warioc: - Gj getting 7th :) and nice seeing you!
9. Count :diddy: - :O nice seeing you, although we didn't talk
9. Blackwaltz :olimar: - I heard many good things about you, and grats on 9th!
9. Akashi :marth: - woot
9. Marshall :metaknight: - You need to stop bear hugging me ;) it's getting awkward LOL. Grats on blowing Meneil and I up in dubs, and grats on 9th!
13. .D :metaknight: - You need to play more Kirbbbyyyy
13. Robert :marth: - :c, that's all I have to say really. Meneil told me who you were, but said that you didn't want me to know, and that you'd approach me. You never did... so hopefully you'll come to the next tourney. Nice job with Marth though! I'm surprised you didn't use your other characters :O
13. Darrell from Zeeland :metaknight: / :sheik: - GG's, your MK died in a stupid way, but otherwise it was pretty close.
13. Grimace :snake: / :kirby2: - GG's man, and wow @ going Kirby! That's awesome :D. You'll get me next time... I felt like I was playing at 100% when I was reading you, so that probably won't happen again
17. Kappy :kirby2: / :metaknight: - It was so nice hanging with you, even if it was for a little while. Thanks for the ride, and gj at the tourney!
17. Zwarm :rob: / :peach: - We didn't talk, but nice seeing you man! Hit me up on AIM if you wanna wifi :D
17. Foodles :marth: - Nice seeing you deb! You came to the perfect tourney... so many Marths XD
17. Kewkky :kirby2: / :zerosuitsamus: - It was nice hanging with you, and thanks for taking the train back with us! Your Kirby is BEASTLY
17. Meneil :ike: - You did amazing this tourney, gj ^^. Grats on being the Hades slayer LOL, and I love you sweetheart<3
17. Oro :marth: - You're so smart with Marth... I have so much to say about it. For one, you're an extremely smart player... it definitely messes with me when I'm trying to mix you up. I would say you're the smarter Marth, but I'm the more technical Marth. I still say I'm better though ;) but you're becoming my kryptonite lol. Anyways, you inspire me through and through, so ty
17. JJRockets :diddy: - Nice playing you in dubs, my good man!
17. Kirk :bowser2: - Going all Bowser is so ballsy. I was kind of hoping to play you in singles, just to see how far I leveled up (or how much further you have), but alas... maybe next time :(. Hope to see you soon!
25. Xyless :kirby2: - As always, thanks for hanging out with me ;). Time to hit the lab, 'cause we're getting you up in the brackets next time!
25. Sothe :metaknight: - MK? O_o well, w/e makes you enjoy the game :)
25. Hype :marth: / :diddy: - Dunno who you are, but you play Marth so HYPE
25. Norm :snake: - :( If you do decide to take a break from Brawl, at least come to the tourneys so we see you. I understand the game gets frustrating, so do w/e you think is best for yourself. Nice playing you in pools though ^^
25. DJ Felix :warioc: - Nice playing you in dubs!
25. SpongeJordan :metaknight: - XD you had me nervous in pools, and nice seeing you man! It's always a pleasure talking :)

extra shout-outs to Brian, aka Metroid. Great seeing you man, and thanks a lot for picking us up!!

shout-outs to Scythe, I'm paying half for your entry next Don't Blink, and it was great seeing you!

shout-outs to anyone else I missed!

extra shout-outs to Arty for being an AMAZING HOST. Thanks for the drinks and food! YOU'RE AWESOME:D

Scythe

Smash Master
I beat lushkin in melee so i should be in 7th not 9th and it would be cool if you put like a (forfeited) next to my name... for pride :p
lol i was saying this, but arty and jeff kept telling me to face looshkin since you forfeited.

Tano- lol, love ya!

hunger!

Smash Champion
sago. there's a total of 3 for next month that i have an idea of teaming with

you-oh boy you'll be there
anti-this niqfag wont come
shugo-apparently has work and has some dikks to suck

use the process of elimination fool. :)

yoshq

Smash Master
Well I am.... SALTY I DIDNT GO. SALTYYYYYYYYYY
silly canadians.

1.Kain ($197) you're lucky you didn't run into my upb in bracket
2. the sagonator ($90) you can't touch the 2 week falco. i was looking forward to that club, if i dont get kicked in the head next time we should go. you could teach me there :3 and thanks so much for everything, i should have paid you gas money at least.
3. Arty / ($58) not really sure why i lost, all i could tell was that you were reading like 50 air dodges per match. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PIZZA AND DRINKS, that was amazing <3
4. Hunger / ($33) grr, i will beat you soon. probably next time.
5. YoshQ / ($16) scrubudub dub
5. Hadesblade ($16) didn't get to play
7. DLA / luck. bs. etc.,
7. Quik ~ we didn't get to play
9. Count ~ yeah didn't wanna play you, but ridiculously close games nonetheless. always the battle of the camper and the luigi
9. Blackwaltz ~ who?
9. Akashi ~ realistically my matches vs moe were like 3 months ago, i dont really know why i keep mentioning it. but yeah i understand the mu pretty well.
9. Marshall ~ 8 salty runbacks, ggs scrub <3
13. .D ~ ggs, you're lucky you main mk. keep playing and you'll be tops in no time.
13. Darrell from Zeeland / v
13. Grimace / v
17. Kappy / ggs scrub
17. Kewkky ~ really fun teaming, we coulda got top 3 if we got a tiny bit luckier, i know it!
17. Meneil ~ ggs, i was pretty flustered when you beat my luigi.
17. Oro ~ yeah, forgot to mm.
17. JJRockets ~ ggs in our mm, crazy amounts of back and forth
25. Norm ~ melee was fun, i didn't know why that one match was so hilarious but i went with it lol.
25. DJ Felix ~ ggs
25. SpongeJordan ~ mm me bish
25. StarbasedFruit ~ yup, ggs
33. Savi ~ thanks, ggs

$mm total - $16.. $22 if it weren't for DLA >: (

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
We don't need luck, yoshq, when we got skill. ;D

nahhh, we just need to play a bit more and learn how we can set up stuff for each other. Like as soon as I grab someone, you know that I'm throwing them to you, or depending on your position I'll just stay pummeling them or something.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
1.Kain ($197) - GJ, as always
2. Sago ($90) - Fun set, it seems like we always play eachother recently lol. I'll get you next time...
3. Arty / ($58) - Thanks for hosting! Free pizza and drinks was amazing. GGs in doubles too
4. Hunger / ($33) - Never got to play you :(
5. YoshQ / ($16) - Fun MM, weegee too broken! And next time ask me ahead of time if you need a team mate and we can probably team up again
5. Hadesblade ($16) - You make yoshi seem like a top tier lool. Really fun set, you should come to IL tourneys more often
7. DLA - GGs in pools
7. Quik - Didn't play :o
9. Count - Didn't play :o Your Diddy is so good though lol, we have to ditto next time at some point
9. Blackwaltz - Beast olimar!
9. Akashi - Fun games in doubles
9. Marshall - Didnt play :(
13. .D - Really close set we had in pools! Fun games
13. Robert - dunno who that is
13. Darrell from Zeeland GGs in bracket, my Metaknight isn't quite ready lol, its still on that wifi status
13. Grimace - did'nt play :(
17. Kappy - I am jealous of the LOL wristband you had
17. Zwarm - didnt play :(
17. Foodles - Fun friendlies
17. Kewkky - Didn't play :(
17. Meneil - Fun matches in doubles, always impressed by that Ike
17. Oro - didnt play :(
17. JJRockets - me
17. Kirk - didnt play :(
25. Xyless - Really nice Kirby, better than your Rob :p
25. Sothe - didnt play
25. Hype you are getting a lot better
25. Norm - didnt play
25. DJ Felix - brother
25. SpongeJordan - didnt play
25. StarbasedFruit - nice flaco
25. Papa - who?

--Pool Cut--

33. Fool - who?
33. Bump of Liz - Reginald Sullivan III
33. Willie - who?
33. Kevin - who?
33. Gravity Man - Its gravity man, not much to say
33. China - who?
33. Savi - sorry I never got a chance to play you in those friendlies
33. Duall - who?
41. Bully - who?

GGs to everyone I played but may not have known who you were

I had a good time at this tourney, but it was probably my last tournament in IL for a bit. I am off to Iowa for college on the 15th, but I'll try to come back here for the last Don't Blink. Probably won't be happening but I'm gonna try my best to be there.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Oro I kind of wanted to play because I planned on using my pocket mk vs you. Marth is like the only character I feel like I do good as mk against lol.

Eagle you shoulda came :p.

lol Kyle <3.

I hope I can come back to the last DBDC. Hopefully next time I'll know before last minute so I can get a good doubles partner lol. My doubles results at these are terrible ._.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
If MK is banned at the next event, I'm going to have at least 5 characters next to my name. Jussayin

:phone:

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Wait, MK is banned at the next event? lol then nevermind.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I hope I can come back to the last DBDC. Hopefully next time I'll know before last minute so I can get a good doubles partner lol. My doubles results at these are terrible ._.
I'm a fairly decent teammate! Every team I had back in PR made it to the top placings, so that should mean something, right? ;D

Arty

Smash Lord
Yah, people have been asking to try one for a while, and everyone I talked to, including the MK mains, on Saturday said they were fine with it. So yah let's see how it goes.

Thread should be up tonight.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
lol, banning metaknight, marth main's will destroy the tournament.

soo umm yea shoutouts:

orly: gg's. I think overall you've gotten much better, you put pressure on me a lot that last game. ummmm, sorry for mixing up tv's.....blame fruitloop. and sorry for being crabby, idk what came over me.
mundungu: your marth is cool, but red??? ewwwww. gg's. and evo was such bull****, **** phoenix, a dante main almost won the whole thing, :). but I can't wait until umvc3
looshkin: gg's with that ganon, I like the style you have with him. pretty cool. we should play more freindlies or mm's whatever, your a cool dude.
oro: ummmmm, yea. I wasn't mad at you at all bro, just mad/dissapointed in myself. gg's. lookin foward to the rematch. PRACTICE POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE!!!
metroid: that was the most fun moment of the tourney I had, playing my favorite game with someone that can combo past 5. lol. I have to admit, I did a lot worse then expected, your pretty scary, lol. maybe we can play again in a couple months or somethin next tourney.
kels: I believe pikachu is a magician and likes to party, lol. but you were right, captain falcon is a *****. I'm just going to rushdown that silly character.
rat: I would like more freindlies with ya when possible. YOU GOT ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not funny. but whatever, hey, if you manage to come to our madison tourney, want to team?
DLA: dude...you seem so awesome in person, I want to play you in brawl or melee, or whatever, lmao. your comments throughout the day made me laugh every time.
sago: keepin it greasy, love the haircut and new look.
scythe: :(, we didn't get to play, exxcept teams, but I wanted to play again, next time bro.
yoshq: nice haircut.
quaz: It was a shame you couldn't of stayed longer, you could of enter melee singles for at least one round.
not sure if I'm missing anyone, but overall I learn a lot, and would like to get back into melee, not playing it for a a while and playing other games that are very VERY skillful games cough cough mvc3 cough.

and yea. I'm proud to be a fox main. shutup john9blue

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
meh maybe i still will go to tournaments but not play snake... i think it's more of snake that makes me rage... >_>;

also brinstar is amazing, why would you want it banned?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Norm there are ways to stop planking with Snake yknow. I don't personally know how but Ally does it all the time apparently.

Top Bottom