• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does lucario have AT's and mindgames?

O.M.E.G.A

Smash Cadet
I just started using him a week ago so I don't really know how to do much...So does he have those things?

Trela

Smash Lord
Pfft, yeah he does! He don't got that many AT's though =(

I think I got a couple mindgames in my Combo vid =P

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ten bucks says he read this from the weekly character discussion. <.<

Yeah, we have a few "ATs." However, they aren't so much "Advanced Techniques" as they are advanced applications of existing moves. ExtremeHogging is an example. Another good example is the use of the Aura Sphere Charge as an active weapon.

Mindgames, Lucario has tons of. However, you have to discover them for yourself. Mindgames cannot be taught. Mindgames are what separates each and every player.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
are you seriously asking if a character has mindgames?

ATs: not many, and those that we have aren't offensive so it's easy to forget stuff that you start doing with lucario right away (like extremehog).

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Wait we have mindgames!!!! ...or do we? I thought every character did...

Maybe I'm just a scrub lol jk.

Browny

Smash Hater
lucario himself is a mindgame... Its annoying when you try to KO someone, only to have them just live such that it will take another 20% before that same move KO's again, and making that mistake against lucario can be very painful when he floats back to the stage with an even bigger aura sphere than before.

Timbers

check me out
Wait we have mindgames!!!! ...or do we? I thought every character did...

Maybe I'm just a scrub lol jk.
Mindgames might not be the word. A very versatile character can keep their opponent on their toes, unsure of what's to come. Not necessarily a mindgame, but they're not sure on what you're going to do. Lucario posesses that. The few one-dimensional characters in the game are probably Wolf, Ike, PT, Yoshi, and Toon Link. That doesn't make them bad characters. Their strengths just don't lie in "mindgames."

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Isn't the fact that Lucario only gets stronger as he is reaching his limit a mindgame on its own?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how does extremehog work again?

and up tilt is a mindgame

but you know what the biggest mindgame of all is?

right in the middle of the match ask your opponent what kind of animal lucario is supposed to be. its epic!

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
how does extremehog work again?

and up tilt is a mindgame

but you know what the biggest mindgame of all is?

right in the middle of the match ask your opponent what kind of animal lucario is supposed to be. its epic!
extremehog: ES towards a ledge, hold down. Can be easier to just hold down+direction you want to go so left = southwest on the control stick.

--i gotta try that...I've also asked why lucario is so floaty if he's part steel, i dont get that one either

he's a jackal

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
Mindgames might not be the word. A very versatile character can keep their opponent on their toes, unsure of what's to come. Not necessarily a mindgame, but they're not sure on what you're going to do. Lucario posesses that. The few one-dimensional characters in the game are probably Wolf, Ike, PT, Yoshi, and Toon Link. That doesn't make them bad characters. Their strengths just don't lie in "mindgames."
Toon Link is one dimensional????? You got to be s***ting me.

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
People talking about characters tehy don't main are cool.
Just because Diddy is the only one up there does not mean that I don't main anyone else. It only means Diddy is the only one I could put up there.

And I was not looking for an insult. I was simply asking how someone can say Toon Link's gameplay does not support mindgames. The language might have been a bit much but I was expressing my shock.

Milln

Smash Champion
Just because Diddy is the only one up there does not mean that I don't main anyone else. It only means Diddy is the only one I could put up there.
Oh. I apologize, then. =x

We need a second little portrait slot for secondaries. >,>

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Ah ok. I get it now. Thanks Timbers.

Eh I don't know about Toon Link being 1D either. I think more characters in the game are more 1D than him. But I still agree with what you say about what 'Lucario posseses.'
no, the usmash hitbox is one of those unsolvable brain teasers
Lol nice. Don't forget Fsmash either.

Eh I've never been that good at mindgames but I also think it might not be the right word. He doesn't exactly have mindgames, but kinda does...I just can't think of a fitting word right now lol. You, Timbers?

The only word I can think of right now is Aura-own. lol jk.

:lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario:
10lucarios

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
lucario is a midgame lolololololololololololollol
Lol, beat me to it.

As far as I'm aware, it's the players that have mindgames - not the characters. Some characters have movesets that give the player more potential to use mindgames, but I don't think one character is more "mindgamey" than another. Lucario's moveset is very unique and varied, though, and I suppose it could provide plenty of mindgame opportunities. There are a ton of different ways you can use Aura Sphere to trick your opponent.

Top Bottom