• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does it Insult You When People Play Brawl Horribly?

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
When I play my friends who suck. I am not insulted in the least. I encourage them to get better, and they do. And believe it or not, in the long run i have competent opponents to practice against. Once again being an *** Does not pay off.

But Johns do piss me off

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
It doesnt insult me when people play any game horribly, why should it?

But it annoys me when people invent excuses for losing like saying "you were spaming" or "you chain grapped me". there was one time I chaingrabed a Bowser with King Dedede and he said "these tactics ruin the game".

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
I felt this when I was playing in the first round of the scrubby gamestore tourney for a TV.
My Ike against two Kirbies. Constant down B.
After Fsmashing them for the millionth time, I actually yelled "Stop friggen doing that" out loud.

General_Norris

Smash Rookie
L0L 1 F33L 1NSULT3D B3C4US3 Y0U H4V3 N0 SK1LLZ

Nah. Why would it insult you just because somebody is bad at a game?

If they think they're awesome or similar then...

Onendev

Smash Rookie
I don't think it should insult anyone if someone plays bad, some people just like to play for fun, regardless of whether they win or not.

moomoo3455

Smash Rookie
This is by far the worst display of sportsmanship ever. If anybody can relate to me on this, then by all means speak up! Okay, so I have this friend who's obsessed with competition. You name it; sports, video games, anything. Now, out of my circle of friends I'm the best out of all of them in smash. I'm not saying this out of arrogance, but I can prove it to them on many accounts. Well every time I play this certain friend of mine, he ALWAYS complains during the game saying statements like, "Why won't my controller do what I tell it to do." or "Why won't my tilts work" or my all time favorite "I DODGED THAT!" In fact, he says that pretty much every match he plays in! Nothing is as annoying as when someone has to blame their shortcomings on hardware. Unless your buttons sticks or your analog is constantly pushed in one direction you have no right to blame the controller. Morons. Also, when playing does he drop smash terms to sound intellectual and versed in the game.

When he loses he won't admit defeat. Earlier in the summer we had a bet going whether or not he could beat me. I beat him, count 5 games. yet he said that he was out of practice and that it didn't count. Nothing annoys me more playing games in general when somebody can't admit defeat. And saying that you're better than someone when you've beaten them once out of maybe 4 matches played is just ignorance. Seriously, you can't win them all. Sometimes it's better to lose so you know that there's still room for improvement.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
MooMoo, I understand where your coming from. I have an annoying friend like that too. The best part....he uses Meta Knight and I still beat him and then he blames it on something in the room.

But it really doesn't bother me when peiople pllay bad. I actually find it funny when people play bad as Meta Knight though :)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
everyone has that one friend who will complain about their shortcomings like its a not them but a cheap move. like when people can't dodge Zeldas fireball or stupidly jump into her Usmash, or get ***** consistently by the Peach Dair to any other aerial, or you gimp them and they complain even though they do the same thing. just more fail on them and even more reasons to say to them no johns. >__>

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
i feel insulted, about a month ago i hosted a small torney at my house and you could tell one of my friends was pressing random buttons because every now and then he'd pause the game. it was uber annoying.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
If it insulted me every time I saw a person play Brawl badly, I'd be pissed of for most of my life.

moomoo3455

Smash Rookie
It insults me when people who accidently kill themselves by falling off the stage use that as an excuse when they lose. You can't blame luck for that. It was your own lack of concentration and/or failure to handle basic controls that led to your demise, morons

Foshy

Smash Apprentice
I usually just lol at them, but i hate it when after 15 wins in a row i pick random just for fun, get someone i suck with, lose and they brag about how good they are and how they pwn me =_=

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
my friend I usually brawl with always spams Fox's Fire Fox.
and he picks Sonic a lot too, just to spam neutral B in the air.

He's good at Ike though. Very good. He even beat me once, but that was because I used Marth, and I really, REALLY suck as Marth.

Ntei

Smash Rookie
If i play with a noob i try to play like a noob myself, it is more fun (and i also lose sometimes) this way.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
I only get insulted if some sand bag while fighting me.

That's is why I NEVER want to play isai in brawl or melee.

If anyone ****ing sigs this i'll kill em

Tien2500

Smash Lord
No I don't get offended... Why would I? I'm sure Michael Jordan doesn't get offended when he sees kids playing basketball in their backyard and Jimmi Hendrix (if he were alive) wouldn't take offense to my mediocre guitar playing.

In Melee I was good within my circle of friends but I didn't play online (obviously) or go to tournaments or anything so I kept on thinking I was good until I played a tournament level player and then I learned better.

AlexOFranco

Smash Rookie
What pisses me off is when you go to online team match and you get a match up of 2 decent players vs. you and a taunt spammer. my bro was using Fox and had a taunting ******* of a Wario (not that Wario isn`t Bad-***) And my brother was stuck 2 on 1. the ArseHole had -4 points at end. My brother did all the damage and got hold of 2 LANDMASTAHS. My brother even saved that Wario from death by catching him with the barrel of the cannon as he was falling to his death. at the end my brother won by 1 point.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
nice by your brother though lol. its fun if you end up with a taunter partner who will actually hit people if they come too close and you can defend them effectively. >__>

Neogen

Smash Rookie
I don't get mad at someone for being bad. Some people are just naturally bad sometimes. I've seen some horrible people, but it wasn't their fault they were horrible. When I first plated smash bros. 64, I was terrible, but it was understandable. I didn't know how to recover with ness, so I died a lot as him. As for getting mad, I only do when they go on about how good they are. Some kids feel proud about how good they are, so unless they're saying, "I'm amazing and there's no way you can beat me!" I won't get mad.

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
Meh...I wouldn't really be mad. Honestly, I was there with melee at one point, where I just destroyed my friends, and I talked ALL this ****.....

I sucked ***. lol.
I didn't even know what wavedashing was.
I didn't know what L-canceling was.
I didn't even know what smashboards were.

Yea, I know...crazy.

Granted, this was 5 years ago (2003), so once i finally started following competitive smash, I got a hell of a lot better. At the same time, I realized I wasn't sh** in melee compared to "pro" players. Also, you have to remember, this game (melee and brawl) isn't aimed at "us"; It's not aimed at competitive gamers. It's aimed at a casual audience, so is it really wrong for a casual who beats other casuals to think he's good? lol?

That's my take anyway.
*shrugs*

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
If i play with a noob i try to play like a noob myself, it is more fun (and i also lose sometimes) this way.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't lower yourself to a button-smashing level.

It's aimed at a casual audience, so is it really wrong for a casual who beats other casuals to think he's good?
Correct, which is why I'm not insulted by people playing Brawl 'badly'.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Are you kidding?!? I ****in LOVE when people claim they're good at the game then suck massively. Then they get three stocked and their attitude changes completely. Once they figure out they suck they either stop playing, keep playing but improve, or keep playing and not talk ****. Plus there's nothing more fun than 0 damage KOing someone with ness and just d-throw and b-throw.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Are you kidding?!? I ****in LOVE when people claim they're good at the game then suck massively. Then they get three stocked and their attitude changes completely. Once they figure out they suck they either stop playing, keep playing but improve, or keep playing and not talk ****. Plus there's nothing more fun than 0 damage KOing someone with ness and just d-throw and b-throw.
Or they come up with unacceptable excuses as to why they lost.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
Only if they think they're the best players in the world. And I wish I could say that that's usually not the case, because it is. But there are people who admit they're not very good at the game.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Eh, to be honest it just bores me when my opponent isn't much of a challenge.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Only if they think they're the best players in the world. And I wish I could say that that's usually not the case, because it is. But there are people who admit they're not very good at the game.
I know some of those people, they play as Kirby and "attempt" to use Kirbicide.

It only insults me if the person is not willing to learn to play Brawl and just give up...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
LOL! Most Kirbys that attempt Kirbycide get footstooled to their death as the person breaks out of swallow.

Top Bottom