• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does it Insult You When People Play Brawl Horribly?

Smash Master
How do you play Brawl horribly? It's brawl. You can just f-smash repeatedly and still be semi decent. Hell, you can do illusion spam and still be semi decent.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
Not against anyone that's not... you know... stupid. Even online you can punish both of those things pretty easily, really I think you're just trying to take a shot at the game for your own reasons there instead of posting a decent, relevant opinion.

I only get annoyed when I get teamed up with someone bad, but I don't play online that often because it's bad for practice, and otherwise worthless. If someone is bad you can either try to teach them, or if they're arrogant, stomp them and leave them in a ditch of their own suck.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
No...I cant really think of a scenario where I could possibly be insulted.

How do you play Brawl horribly? It's brawl. You can just f-smash repeatedly and still be semi decent. Hell, you can do illusion spam and still be semi decent.
D:

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
It's not true, the only people that works on in noobs on laggy wi-fi. Do that at any decent tournament and you'd be knocked out first round.

Karas

Smash Cadet
i dont feel Insulted. I just beat them, Give them some advice how to get better. and like. Leave.
Not any More I can Do.
But what really and Only Pisses me off.
is when People Brag About how good they are for weeks On end
and when you finally get into playing them, you Beat them Before the Match Started.
When I first started Brawl, I Was all like, **** I'm good, then I watched some Videos On youtube. looked at myself In the mirror, and said, I f**king Suck, And Like, Started to cry.
Moral Is, Learn How good you really Are, Be Able to Back up your words.
Or be ready to be Fought.

Veggi

Smash Champion
That's completely false, if you do that you will lose unless you're against someone absolutely terrible. If people say Brawl isn't as deep as Melee I don't mind that much, but this is just complete brainwashing. No you can't spam illusion because anyone who isn't terrible can just stand by the edge or spot dodge and punish for using it. You can't spam forward smash because it does have lag and is punishable.

io728

Smash Cadet
A small town no one has ever heard of, MN
I hate it when I have this conversation with people in tournaments:
Other guy: "Who are you going to use?"
Me: "TLink. A lot of people say Link is better for raw power, so TL sucks, gotta prove'm wrong, right?"
OG: "So, you're going easy on them."
Me: "WHAT?"
OG: "You go easy on them if you don't use [insert main here, in this case it was Sonic]."
They bug every single nerve in my body.

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
I feel insulted when people are insulted by people playing badly. Elitism fails, get over it.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I feel insulted when people are insulted by people playing badly. Elitism fails, get over it.
There is no excuse for being a scrub. Everyone should get pissed at n00bs who pretend to be good then suck horribly. This isn't elitism.

Is it elitist to expect people to be able to read?

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
There's no excuse for getting mad at an uppity noob. To quote Jeremy, aka "t3h pwn3r3r" "You can... you know.. lead a noob to water... but like... you can't make a noob drink y'know?"

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
yes thats one of the annoyingest things ever.. just moneymatch them for like $5. they'll find out they're bad and stop playing.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
It's only annoying if they win through spam and then show off like they have any kind of skill.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
It's only annoying if they win through spam and then show off like they have any kind of skill.
thats why you crush their spam with a humiliating defeat. most of the players who "spam" to victory do have a gigantic hole in their spam that even they might not know about, and once found you win.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
I definetly feel insulted, for example, I was playing With Anyone Teams the other day as Luigi. There was a decent Pikachu, a decent Marth, and me. Then there was this absolutely atrocious Lucas that ONLY did PK Thunder and tried to hit us. Apparently he didn't understand how to guide it into himself for the extra boost, because he couldn't recover for ****. I'm saying to myself "ok idiot, learn the rules of the character before you actually display those poor skills to the public!".
All the little kids in GameStop play Brawl like they are sooooo good, but it's like.....be educated or don't play. At least be DECENT. I can appreciate someone who is not as inclined at spacing or advanced techs but can put up a decent fight, but what I CAN'T fathom is someone who doesn't know that aerials or tilts exist. Seriously, it gets on my nerves to no end. Does anyone else feel this way?
Chill out. Its a game and not everyone plays it to be a "PRO MLG GAMER".

It wasn't designed as a competitive game in the first place. Don't be surprised if people are playing it as a party game, which is what it was designed as.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
Oh my I remember something, back in my early days of wifi brawling, Ticked me off to the greatest extent, I was playing a great brawler, truly my equal, yet a little bit better than me in technical terms. The match was flawless, no not in playing, but in mere play we were equal, the match was hard, yet easy. It continued on going well, we both were skilled it lasted quite awhile. Yet in reality my controller was broken and... left... it. went.. so.... I got the first kill he killed me shortly afterwords. Then- I just started dying.... Yes I just went from respawn to the end of Final Destination. And lost, then got removed from their friends list.

So yea, Nooby brawlers tick me off, but I mean serious Noobs, like people who found out about meta knight's down B, and spam.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i wonder how long this thread is going to continue......... oh and anyone coming in here to reprimand people for thier complaints, please go somewhere else. this is a free rant thread lol. :laugh:

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
that's stupid.

you can't expect everyone to be at your level. play halo 3 against tclegend or something.

you'll die before the match starts.

we have to be fair to everyone

(oh god fair, awful pun)

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god! most annoying thing ever... aside from when people decide that they are gonna brawl online and spam codec calls as snake.
i taunt party once in a while.

basic brawl with any1 only though.

with friends is srs business.

epicmonk

Smash Rookie
Casual players belong on Brawl more than competitive players, though, of course. It was specifically designed for them and competitive players are intentionally shunned by the game's creators.
But Toad has a point. Sakurai himself said that he made the game with casual gamers in mind. HE doesn't want the game to be competitive, AT ALL.

As for my opinion on the matter, I wouldn't say I'm great, I'll even say I suck. But when someone starts bragging, I'll smirk at them, challenge, win. Then listen to their excuses and laugh.

I pretty much always win too, because nobody who is actually any good tends to brag about their skills, at least not to strangers.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
My friends and family who play brawl for fun, all worship the C-stick, without it, I have no idea how they'd play.:laugh:

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
No, not really. Primarily because I'm not that great myself (I'm not a n00b or scrub, but still)

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
stop revitalizing dying topics XD lol
The topic has never been 'dead', though. It's been long-running and cannot be 'settled' like most topics. People can toss their own opinions into the debate, but the topic at hand shall never die.
But Toad has a point. Sakurai himself said that he made the game with casual gamers in mind. HE doesn't want the game to be competitive, AT ALL.
Why, thank you for understanding my point. :bee:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@Toadsanime
oh i know that lol. its just this thread, now that brawls been out for so long, tapers off into deadlike areas only to spring back to life @ random lol. i wonder how long the next "dead" gap will be. >__>

Apartheid

Smash Rookie
I can't imagine that the other 2,500+ posts by the original poster of this thread being any good either.

M.K

Level 55
I can't imagine that the other 2,500+ posts by the original poster of this thread being any good either.
Cheap shot, noob. Read the topic before you throw your worthless opinion out into the open. Someone with enough sense to use a mouse and navigate to this topic should have enough sense to contribute something of worth.

Get laid.

Top Bottom