• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone know about this?

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I didn't see any Bowser AT thread of Guide to Bowser or directory or anything like that and I figured more people would read this if I posted a seperate topic. Anyway.

It's basically a retreating WaveFire. My friend and I were playing, he's the Bowser main, and we stopped once he got the idea. Basically you dash attack , turn, quickly jump hit B and flick the control stick in the direction you were originally dashing and Bowser preforms a SH Fire in the direction you originally dashed while moving backward.

If I over looked any of those Bowser Guide threads, I apologize.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
This sounds like it's just a wavebounced/b-sticked/"whatever the **** the name is" Firebreath. I haven't seen any Bowsers use it in any videos I've seen, but it has been known for quite awhile. If you are talking about something completely different, please explain :p

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Hai Crzy. :D

That's not it. xD Bowser actually moves backward while breathing fire. You've probably seen it, just not that much. Maybe I can get Gen to make a video for it.
He does it at the VERY end of the vid. He's falling off the stage, but it's still looks like what you're talking about. :p

Teh Future

Smash Master
pretty sure its just jumping and then doing a reverse neutral B. All characters can do this, and yes it is useful with bowser when people are approaching you.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
yeah but he says "unsure about how to do it", so of what use is this?

Well for one it can be used as a mindgame. If you get into the habit of running for the ledge, and the opponent sees this, you can do this and surprise him with some hot firebreath to his face. :laugh:

And two, it'll just be good to mix things up and keep your opponent on your toes.

Flayl

Smash Hero
This isn't melee, running doesn't give you a momentum boost.

also you can't DI the firebreath, the direction you go in while breathing is the one you were going when you started the move

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Wouldn't this fall under a reverse neutral b basically?
Lucario, among others, have it.
Lucario was just the first I noticed it with, as I did it all the time in Melee with Mewtwo, the Link's, etc.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I don't know if this is what he was talking about but apparently you can "double B reverse" I was playing around with it this morning. you know normal B reverse you run say toward your opponent press b then immediately away. this turns you away from your opponent though.

You can also run towards your opponent
tap away first
press B
immediately tap towards your opponent.

You'll retreat away like before but you'll instead be facing your opponent which is neat with bowser.

Also... you can't DI while you fire. :(

EDIT;
OH... I just taught myself how to wavebaounce with the analog.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is what he was talking about but apparently you can "double B reverse" I was playing around with it this morning. you know normal B reverse you run say toward your opponent press b then immediately away. this turns you away from your opponent though.

You can also run towards your opponent
tap away first
press B
immediately tap towards your opponent.

You'll retreat away like before but you'll instead be facing your opponent which is neat with bowser.

Also... you can't DI while you fire. :(

EDIT;
OH... I just taught myself how to wavebaounce with the analog.
Yes, indeed. Noone looks through my thread, and noone bumps it -.-

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
I prefer to sh and trap the opponent in the flames if rushing with flames.

With what you are trying to do here I prefer this method. sh fair with c stick and pushing the analog stick back the way you came.So basically a retreating far.

Top Bottom