• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I was just surprised the Time Lords are returning and aren't extinct.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I was just surprised the Time Lords are returning and aren't extinct.
i was kinda surprised but at the same time i have been expecting them to come back for awhile now. i mean darleks kept on surviving the war so i figured some time lords had to
(kinda tired so if i spelled anything wrong johns)

Also when i saw u posted Bionic sonic i thought i was going to get a infraction for reviving this thread or it was going to be closed since i have seen u do it many times in the smash workshop lol

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I think everyone will agree that the mars episode was far better than "The end of time" part 1, cant wait for part 2 though, should be a lot more interesting than the Left for dead parody this was.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I think everyone will agree that the mars episode was far better than "The end of time" part 1, cant wait for part 2 though, should be a lot more interesting than the Left for dead parody this was.
the only part of the mars one i really liked as the ending so i think the end of time with what it is leading up to was better. Also i never played left for dead so how was this parody?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I just saw 6/7th of Doctor Who End of Time 2...it blew me away. VERY STRONG SPOILERS:
Turns out as a child the Master was implanted with a tracker that made him go insane and made him this way all throughout life with the drumbeats helping to the insanity. They'll explain more in depth in the episode, but it was interesting turn of events. They come to Earth, with the woman who kept speaking to Wilfred being one of the time lords in Gallifrey. Doctor disconnects the link, but before that, the leader tries to take the Doctor with him. Angry with the leader making the Master the way he is, he pushes the Doctor out of the way and, while the Master dies permanently, the Doctor survives.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
o wow just watched the 2nd part.

edit: 1st off anyone else like the ood? i happen to think they are a very cool species who have a lot of potential

anyway now about the episode
i wonder/hope we find out who that women is.

it was a strange episode i am not sure if i liked it a lot or just feel like it was kinda a jip. i mean the time lords come back and do nothing and then get sent back soon after they appear which was kinda a cop out.

also even through it seems the master is dead i think he could always come back.

why did the master say he was going to change all time lords into copy's of himself? it seems he had no way of doing this and the time lords president snapped his fingers and ruined his plan. made no sense that he thought he could pull off that plan.

i did like who turned out to knock 4 times that was a pretty cool twist

also i have no opinion of the new doctor. anyone have a opinion?

i might think of more later but thats all that comes to mind right now

nevershootme

Smash Master
comments and thoughts
the master's death this time felt weak somehow... like it felt rushed and all he did was sacrifice himself. became more of the "zap yo dumb *** moments" than anything.

As for the Time Lords popping up, yea it did felt weak as it was short lived, which then offers demand to show the stories about the Time War and the events leading to "The End of Time" episode which might be that continuity from it.

heck, We don't even know what happened to the vinnocci (spelling?) post episode.

I do agree that Tennant played out a very good Doctor and now hoping if future stories with Smith taking over will match up to Tennant's tenure, looking at the preview, it appears to be a lil more action packed than before. Now I wanna question what the future holds for the series when the Doctor reaches his real death after 2 more regenerations

big wtf... didn't noticed that Jack was gay (same goes for the actor) O_o and i thought he was a typical slick ****** character being immortal. but adding that element was pretty random

as far as the 10th Doctor's companions, i'm gonna simply rank: Donna & Martha (doesn't matter) > Rose

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
comments and thoughts
the master's death this time felt weak somehow... like it felt rushed and all he did was sacrifice himself. became more of the "zap yo dumb *** moments" than anything.

As for the Time Lords popping up, yea it did felt weak as it was short lived, which then offers demand to show the stories about the Time War and the events leading to "The End of Time" episode which might be that continuity from it.

heck, We don't even know what happened to the vinnocci (spelling?) post episode.

I do agree that Tennant played out a very good Doctor and now hoping if future stories with Smith taking over will match up to Tennant's tenure, looking at the preview, it appears to be a lil more action packed than before. Now I wanna question what the future holds for the series when the Doctor reaches his real death after 2 more regenerations

big wtf... didn't noticed that Jack was gay (same goes for the actor) O_o and i thought he was a typical slick ****** character being immortal. but adding that element was pretty random

as far as the 10th Doctor's companions, i'm gonna simply rank: Donna & Martha (doesn't matter) > Rose
1st: they stated before that Jack is bi and then some (the then some being aliens)
2: as for companions i am going to say wilfur matt is #1 that old guy was cool.
3: i wonder if they will ever due a special were they bring Tennant back and have him meet up with later versions of himself
4: after two more regenerations they might just find a way to give him more.
5: i at this moment am not a fan of the 11th catch phase

why did the doctor have to go into that chamber to release wilfur himself? why not just get a stick to hit the button with?

did the masters that donna kill come back to life when they became humans? assuming she killed them.

i hope they do more about the time war, and i can't believe that no time lords survived while so many darleks made it out alive.

nevershootme

Smash Master
well the companion thing was mostly based on throughout the 3 seasons with Tennant, I didn't want to include the other companions that only stayed with the Doctor only once. yea Wilfred was a good companion, but he was often cannon fodder throughout the episode, yet his importance in the story was carried out well.

I'd say that the Master Clones that were blown by Donna are likely to be alive at the end. But do mind it's PG-13 content lol so it leaves open questions as usual.

You do know he has a sonic screwdriver at hand, but even then it's likely resistant for screwdriver use.

There are other time lords from the old series remain in question if they're alive or not and whether if there will be episodes surrounding them.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^ yea i know that u ment only the major companions i was jk. but u also are right wilfred was cannon fodder

also are right wilfred was cannon fodder he got trapped in his car almost died then this box which killed the doctor

the Doctor said the screwdriver was useless at this point but he could of thrown something at the button it was a dumb way for him to die. still cool what the knock 4 times thing ment.

yea i know there are other time lords from the old series who might still be around i hope they are i am getting kinda sick of darleks being in most of the season finals.

i heard some people think that women who wilferd saw and the doctor knew was his granddaughter but thats just a rumor.

heres to hope that series 5 is good. also i want to try to keep this thread alive till the new series comes so we can talk about the new head writer on the show and old episodes and stuff like that.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
The woman is mentioned as being the Doctors mother in a few places.

And personally I thought it was a good way for the doctor to die, its better than just being zapped by a laser gun and the look on his face when he heard the 4 knocks was great.

Personally cannot wait for the next season, and there seems to be no indication that this season will see an increase in action, Moffat being the new lead writer should point towards less deus ex and a lot more interesting episodes.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion

And personally I thought it was a good way for the doctor to die, its better than just being zapped by a laser gun and the look on his face when he heard the 4 knocks was great.

Personally cannot wait for the next season, and there seems to be no indication that this season will see an increase in action, Moffat being the new lead writer should point towards less deus ex and a lot more interesting episodes.
yea i heard the rumor it might be his mom as well. i just always thought of him as someone without parents idk why. Also it might be his wife/ex wife if he had one. he might not of since i read time lords were unable to have children and reproduced artificially or something like that.

i still don't like the way he died but you are right there are worst ways he could of gone. Also his face was great when he heard the knock 4 times

I am excited for Moffat being the new lead writer he has written many of my favorite episode to date.

Now as for the next doctor having more action in the trailer it showed him hitting someone and shooting a gun (but that could of been out of context and there might not be anymore action).

nevershootme

Smash Master

well so far it's been 2 in a row that he goes to die from sucking up w/e source of energy (9th being time vortex to save Rose, 10th being radiation to save Wilfred). His method to die needs to be stepped up next time around

Sucks we gotta wait til April for the season to start... but w/e, so far in the revived series has been more stories with daleks than cybermen and sontarans combined.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The woman is not his mother, the doctor doesn't have a good relationship with his house, and that would have the closest thing to his mother that is possible.

Possible? Yes, time lords have been sterile for a very very long time, they are grown from genetic "looms". Relatively recently certain time lords became fertile, but that was because of the doctor's influence.

The old woman is most likely Romana.

As for Susan, she is probably one of the weeping angels.

Also, a lot of people didn't notice something the lord president said, "the vote is taken, only two stand against, and will stand as monument to their shame like the weeping angels of old".
That puts the upcoming weeping angel episode in a very new light.

Personally, I wanna see the nightmare child.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You need to watch torchwood. He humps anything that moves really XD
[/QUOTE]

why did the doctor have to go into that chamber to release wilfur himself? why not just get a stick to hit the button with?
The thing was
set so that the door had to be shut for the button to work, so leaving the door open and hitting the button wouldn't have done anything. Or worse, if it DID work when the door was open (The Doctor did say the thing was unstable) it would have leaked the radiation from that nuke into the area. Not good.

did the masters that donna kill come back to life when they became humans? assuming she killed them.
I would say yes, when Wilf asked if the Master changed his (long dead) wife, the doctor just replied with "I'm sorry" so I would assume so, meaning even if those Masters were dead, they'd still have been changed back.

Also, a lot of people didn't notice something the lord president said, "the vote is taken, only two stand against, and will stand as monument to their shame like the weeping angels of old".
That puts the upcoming weeping angel episode in a very new light.
The key word being
Like.
Just means that they are aware of them. Doesn't stop the writers however from expanding on that though.

why did the master say he was going to change all time lords into copy's of himself? it seems he had no way of doing this and the time lords president snapped his fingers and ruined his plan. made no sense that he thought he could pull off that plan.

He was going
to use the same machine that turned all the humans into him. Just change it to change Time Lord DNA instead of humans, and bam, problem solvered. Of course he didn't expect that time lord to have that gauntlet thing.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
The thing was
set so that the door had to be shut for the button to work, so leaving the door open and hitting the button wouldn't have done anything. Or worse, if it DID work when the door was open (The Doctor did say the thing was unstable) it would have leaked the radiation from that nuke into the area. Not good.

I would say yes, when Wilf asked if the Master changed his (long dead) wife, the doctor just replied with "I'm sorry" so I would assume so, meaning even if those Masters were dead, they'd still have been changed back.

The key word being
Like.
Just means that they are aware of them. Doesn't stop the writers however from expanding on that though.

[/spoiler]

He was going
to use the same machine that turned all the humans into him. Just change it to change Time Lord DNA instead of humans, and bam, problem solvered. Of course he didn't expect that time lord to have that gauntlet thing.
1:
i just think back to what he did as a human in family of blood and feel like he could of thrown a ball to bounce and hit the button while still having the door be shut

2:
i ment to ask are the people who she hit with that wave while the master controlled them were still alive or came back to life when everyone was turned back into humans

3:
i agree that the key word is like but we will see what happpens. it would be cool if there was more to that

4:
yea i understand he was going to use the same machine that turned all humans into him but that made no sense since the time lords were in the ark that he had to use. there was no way he could of done his plan with were everyone was standing

written in order of the quote to try to avoid confusion of not being able to see what i am responding to.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just wondering, who here watched/watches the old series?

The thing was
Definitely could've made something that would press the buttion in about a minute then closed the door.

Agreed, however knowing the doctor they're not dead and just got the same treatment as Donna.

The key word being
Like.

[/spoiler]
Actually it says a great deal more.

It says, "they are the weeping angels of old, and stand as monuments to their shame". This says that they are not an outside force, but within Time Lord history. It also explicitly tells us that they are created, specifically as momuments to their shame.

The implication is that he turned these individuals into weeping angels, and furthermore the pre-existing weeping angels are also time lords changed in a similar manner.

Furthermore, remember this is Rassilon, not only has he shown enough power to do that (developed a method for true immortality, but decided it was too dangerous and protected it by having it turn it's user to stone, sound familar? Also note the fact that current timelords think they evolved independently (the doctor said as much in Blink). This means that Rassilon has a much more intimate knowledge of them then the rest of timelord society for some reason.

edit: "Of old" refers to an era that includes Rassilon, he is very very old. You see the dark times (aka the early days of the universe) are generally seen as ending with the destruction of the Racnoss (but no earlier), an act which the time lords participated in, and they were established empire at that point, so it was after Rassilon's time had begun, so given the information we have, they presumably began as a race during Rassilon's day.

Also, I double-checked, it's "as the Weeping Angels of old", which suggests a stronger connection then "like".

Given the fact that they pretty much screamed out the connection and the weeping angels confirmed to return next series, well I think this says a great deal.

He was going
He wasn't around during the final days, I doubt he knew it was Rassilon, so yea, didn't expect to fail, and probably would've worked with anyone else.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Something else that occurred to me that I hope we'll see cleared up in Season 5,
Remember when Ood sigma is taking The Doctor to their group of (for lack of a better word) shaman, and The doctor commented about how well they had developed, Ood Sigma told them it took a hundred years and Doctor was disturbed, saying that "Someone or something is accelerating your development." Unless I totally missed the reasoning, I don't think it was mentioned. Doubt it was the master, nor the Time Lords.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Something else that occurred to me that I hope we'll see cleared up in Season 5,
Remember when Ood sigma is taking The Doctor to their group of (for lack of a better word) shaman, and The doctor commented about how well they had developed, Ood Sigma told them it took a hundred years and Doctor was disturbed, saying that "Someone or something is accelerating your development." Unless I totally missed the reasoning, I don't think it was mentioned. Doubt it was the master, nor the Time Lords.
I totally forgot about that. That would be cool to have more Ood story in the next season. I love the Ood.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^ nice to see some ood love

Anyone have a good place to watch episodes online? recently ive been stuck watching on youtube.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ood are interesting, I love them as characters, no idea what's influencing them though, IMO it would've been revealed if it was the master or the timelords, unless one of them was preparing for something else with them.

Also, showing End of Time Zelda chats (Xat: AnythingZelda)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i have been bored recently so i have been watching doctor who on youtube which has been fun. what i forgot and was reminded of is that human nature/family of blood were the episodes right before Blink, this might be the 3 best episodes in a row (or two best stories in a row) of doctor who.

Now once again does anyone know a different site to watch doctor who besides youtube?

and lastly i am thinking about changing my gamer tag to something doctor who related i am just not sure to what if i do change it.
way back when i first was trying to come up with a tag i almost choose the doctor but b/c of doc mario i did not but now since he is not in brawl i might just switch to that but i am open to suggestions.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
It's funny that Blink is one of the best Doctor Who eps (imo) and it barely has David in it :laugh:
yea i have thought about that as well it is kinda strange. But the lines of his on the dvd's are all delivered very well (timey wimy).

I been thinking that the next doctor (#11) should be less happy and hyper then the 10th. I feel the contrast between him being the youngest actor and him acting the oldest could work very well. i am not sure if it wold fit with the show but its a thought. anyone else have ideas,opinions etc.

Nightmare Child

Smash Rookie
Matt Smith is the youngest Doctor yet.... we need an old man next since the doctor is meant to be some old man

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
David Tennants age was fine, if he's too old you run the risk of alienating a younger audience.

Personally I think the 12th Doctor will be female.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i don't think it would make sense for him to be able to turn into a women. there are time lady's and there are time lords i see no point in one being able to turn into the other.

on the other hand the 11th comment about him thinking he was a female might show they can change gender, or it could of been post regeneration trauma

edit: lets keep this alive new episodes r right around the corner

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i don't think it would make sense for him to be able to turn into a women. there are time lady's and there are time lords i see no point in one being able to turn into the other.
He's mentioned a few times after regenerating expressing pleasure at finding he's male.

New series starts in April, wheee!

Nightmare Child

Smash Rookie
If you look around the Internet you'll see all the Master's incarnations http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Master
BUT. That isn't all of them, the one before Professor YANA.... yes there was one before him
remember in the Lazarus experiment? when that man told Martha's mum that the doctor wasn't safe? and then at the end she said that Harold Saxon told her? if you link it.... the man was Harold Saxon and Saxon is in fact The Master

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Uh, yeah. The Master was Prof Yana, went back in time, regenerated as "Harold Saxon"

Nightmare Child

Smash Rookie
If you look around the Internet you'll see all the Master's incarnations http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Master
BUT. That isn't all of them, the one before Professor YANA.... yes there was one before him
remember in the Lazarus experiment? when that man told Martha's mum that the doctor wasn't safe? and then at the end she said that Harold Saxon told her? if you link it.... the man was Harold Saxon and Saxon is in fact The Master
Uh, yeah. The Master was Prof Yana, went back in time, regenerated as "Harold Saxon"
The man was still The Master

How many years do y'all think Matt Smith will last as The Doctor?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That was the one after professor Yana... Harold Saxon traveled back in time to a while before when the doctor left for the end of the universe("between those two times" obviously was a very loose interpretation) and then proceeded to set himself up for his run, but it was the same regeneration, remember as far as his personal timeline was concerned:

End of time (as Yana) -> regeneration -> the period leading up to the year that never was where he's first mentioned in connection with shooting down the Racnoss ship->identified by the doctor->the year that never was

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I didn't realize he has mentioned still being male after a regeneration before good to know, guess that means he can turn female or other.

next what happened to my avatar?

finally the doctor who thread is moving with more then two people you all know what that means it means new episodes coming (April 3rd)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
General issues, the avies got locked and then universally faded to black.

Old world of God is male only, time lords can't change genders, but a change is POSSIBLE. Since Moffet seems to be going back to the old stylistically (new numbering system ftw!), it seems unlikely that will change in the forseeable future.

And yea, I know, it's AWESOME!

Also, Darlek episode confirmed to not be the season ender (but it could be that as well, dear God please no, we need non-Darlek non master), I'm hoping the weeping Angels two parter will explore what we talked about before.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
^ 1000x this.

Also, agreed w/ adumbro. Kinda looking forward to the Weeping Angels explanation myself.

Top Bottom