• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who

Nightmare Child

Smash Rookie
Personally I want the serial finale of Series 5 to have either The Rani or Sharaz Jek....

Rani - If The Master survived the time war, why can't The Rani do the same?
Sharaz Jek - He's been in who ONCE. And also he looks ace

Matt Smith also confirmed that Series 5 wasn't his only series (it was obvious anyway but still) and he will also be VERY happy to do The Doctor a couple of series after Series 6, could Smith be the one to beat Tom Baker as the longest Series Doctor? I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!

Also.... I also want these monsters to come back

Axons - didn't see much of them
Ice Warriors - Please?
Autons - Plastic monsters FTW!!!! they've also only been in the Series twice
Slitheen - They're Ace
Sontaran - They're PROPER Awesome lol
Macra - Come ON!!!! they had hardly an appearance in 07, they need a PROPER Episode lol
Pyroviles - They're awesome, how about something on Pyrovillia itself?
Judoon - Rhino Policemen? Best. Monsters. Ever
Celestial Toymaker - He's immortal, why not?
Zodin - 50th Anniversary, the 5 Doctors (Matt Smith, David Tennant, Christopher Eccleston, Paul Mcann, Sylvester Mccoy)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Also, Darlek episode confirmed to not be the season ender (but it could be that as well, dear God please no, we need non-Darlek non master), I'm hoping the weeping Angels two parter will explore what we talked about before.
All I can say is FINALLY! Darleks are cool, but I'd love to see some huge non-darlek finale.

Ood are a possibility, but it depends on how much is revealed about them during the actual season.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok just watched the new episode and so far i liked it and i did not mind matt smith at all. before i say i like him i am going to need to see more of him but so far so good imo.

it was obvious she was getting married (just saying)
i am wondering how prisoner 0 knew he was a time lord, also the part about the planet being protected was kinda cool and a nice reference to the Christmas invasion

edit also the new tardis is fine but just like matt smith i am still a little up in the air and have to see it more before i decided but atm it seems fine

nevershootme

Smash Master
thoughts on episode

While the 1st few episodes with a new doctor regeneration will always be a "will this doctor be a good one?". I'd say it may trail a bit but will catch up to be good enough. at least for the season you're guaranteed to see daleks, cybermen, and UNIT involved plus fresh new aliens.

The 1st episode was pretty much a teaser anyways of things to come, but can't be stated as the best episode of the season anyways

to me it'll always be a fun show to watch despite some shortcomings (e.g. a boring episode)

also, sonic screwdriver is *insert color here*.... kind of a kill off

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That 1st episode was rubbish. And I was expecting a dramatic difference in the TARDIS, not just a mini staircase and some aestetics to be added.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i came in here expecting pp
If the doctor played smash...

That 1st episode was rubbish. And I was expecting a dramatic difference in the TARDIS, not just a mini staircase and some aestetics to be added.
Eh?

It wasn't as independently good as other Moffet episodes, but it set the tone for the new series incredibly well, and had multiple great crowning moments of awesome.

It did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Also, I like the old Tardis better. Not that old Tardis, the other old Tardis.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i just want to say that the story was not what was suppose to be impotent in this episode, the story was just there to just help with the main goal which was to help introduce the new doctor and companion. so even through this episode might not of been as good story wise as other moffet episodes i don't think moffet was trying to make the story as engaging because he wanted the character introduction to be the center of this episode.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Regardless, good writters can make an interesting story with good character developement, they shouldn't have to subsitute one for the other. The only interesting thing that happened was that bit where it showed us all the previous Doctors and the sneak peak at the end.

And I did find it weird that the aliens managed to find a scene from that Rose Tyler saving her dad episode seeing as though it technically never happened. Also Amy Pond better be from 2012 too, thanks to her "2 years ago" line at the end.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i feel for the first episode its better to just have character development as the focus. its better he spent more time on the new characters then trying to make the aliens seem impotent. this would only be a problem if this lack of interesting alien threats continues for a bunch more episodes.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so i watched the new episode and well i did not love the episode itself. Matt smith once again did a very good job as the doctor but the episode kinda fell flat for me. 1st off i did not really like the story that much, also there might of been to many cheesy lines in this one such as liz10 saying she ruled. Also i don't mind the doctor saying lines that reference older episodes but i would prefer he did not do this every week "you look time lord".

I also felt that the conclusion to the episode were the doctor was
going to lobotomize the whales brain was out of character, i always felt he was a man who thought there is always another way. but maybe his willingness to lobotomies is a new character trait and might be kinda cool. Also i understand this was done so amy could save the day but still.

i hope ext week is better. it seems nexts weeks episode could be a great one i am hyped for it.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
sorry for double post but i just watched the new episode of doctor who and i would say it was the best episode of the season so far. i just hope the 2nd part holds up to this one, also i will discuss this more if others start coming to this thread again but until then no point going into detail for myself.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Also I enjoyed the like 2 minutes of sex jokes they made at the end of the last episode. I can't believe they got away with that before the 9 o'clock watershed, in Doctor Who.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Hello me. Apparently I'm the only person who watches Doctor Who on smashboards now.

Anyway next weeks episode looked amazing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Next week's episode, how do you know about next week's episode?

Did you travel into the future and already see it today's? Actually, when DOES it air in our time, I know Britan is ahead of us.

Edit: Oh, already aired, watching it right now on iplayer.

Also, last week's episode WAS amazing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Proxy man, I personally switch on Tor combined with foxy proxy and I set my Tor pattern to be routed only through British IPs so whenever I turn it on, VOILA, I'm from Maidenhead, or Cardiff, or Leeds, or something.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so this weeks episode was strange but good, kinda weird that the whole Amy wanting to sleep with the doctor thing was dropped and the most mentioned was that she kissed him.

Also adumbrodeus you dont live in the UK edit: ninja-ed^), and next weeks episode looks interesting

also i find this season kind of hard to talk about after i watched an episode b/c the whole time i am just wondering wtf are the cracks and all the other things mentioned leading up to. i mean this is the first season were the key word/words are not just mentioned here and there but are in the background of the episodes this season the cracks are everywhere and i just feel that until we know whats going to happen its hard to talk about the episodes. (not sure if this made sense)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Proxy man, I personally switch on Tor combined with foxy proxy and I set my Tor pattern to be routed only through British IPs so whenever I turn it on, VOILA, I'm from Maidenhead, or Cardiff, or Leeds, or something.
So you can watch shows we have to pay for, for free? That sounds a bit gay to me, I don't like the sound of this Tor thing.

Also NAGACE if you spend you time waiting to find out what happens in the last episode before you talk about the show, it's going to be pointless.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok let me try to explain what i mean again.

in the previous seasons i felt the episodes were more self contained were besides a little mention of something like someone saying torchwood or a sign that reads badwolf.

while in this season i feel there is a big puzzle piece missing from every episode which i feel make the episode and season on a whole harder to talk about.

Its not like i would not like to talk about the show its more idk what to even say

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You don't watch Lost do you.

Being a Lost watcher, I've learned to theorise constantly. Just do the same with Doctor Who.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
so this weeks episode was strange but good, kinda weird that the whole Amy wanting to sleep with the doctor thing was dropped and the most mentioned was that she kissed him.
Come on, you know last week's episode was the most awesome thing ever.

Also adumbrodeus you dont live in the UK edit: ninja-ed^), and next weeks episode looks interesting
Yeah, I figured you guys would get it when I said "my IP address says I'm in Maidenhead".

So you can watch shows we have to pay for, for free? That sounds a bit gay to me, I don't like the sound of this Tor thing.
It's primarily a security and anonymity tool, but it works for iplayer, so I figured I might as well. Also, if you're against it, you're a fascist... fascist.

Lol, but seriously, how do you get to see episodes ON TIME by paying for them?

Yeah, but there's nothing illegal about it, and they get their chance to advertise to me on the site which is what supports the service anyway.

You don't watch Lost do you.

Being a Lost watcher, I've learned to theorise constantly. Just do the same with Doctor Who.

Pluvia knows where it's at.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
They don't show advertisments on the BBC if you haven't already noticed, everyone with a tv has to pay for it, which is why iPlayer is not available in countries that don't pay for it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They don't show advertisments on the BBC if you haven't already noticed, everyone with a tv has to pay for it, which is why iPlayer is not available in countries that don't pay for it.
Their webpage doesn't have advertisements? Could've fooled me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Don't currently have anything to save a screencap (why does windows handle them so wierdly?), regardless, if you go to the main site you'll see a nice banner at the top, personally I got the economist atm, which I subscribe to. Note that I compared this to the British site, if you access from a british IP, there is no banner. I assume that it's part of how they support the iplayer content that is available here.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
well that was a pretty crazy ending to the most recent episode i dont feel like making spoiler tags so i wont say much more but dam did not see that one coming at all.

i guess also bump

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The last 5 minutes of that ep was absolutely crazy. I didn't expect it to be a piece of that inside the crack.

This new Doctor Who is amazing, this is show has gone from being some geeky but average show, into something amazing!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
just watched the new episode and it might of been my fav of the season. i will say more later but i dont have time right now

Top Bottom