• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i live in the USA so no, do u live in Cardiff?

Yea so the finale was great it really brought the whole season together. there are some things i dont get such as why did the universe end in roman times right when the pandora opened? Also the thought when the universe ended and the music stopped at the end of the 1st part of the finale was silence falling but the doctor seems to think otherwise. i like that there is a cliffhanger for next season instead of a new problem it adds to the continuity. There is a lot more to be said about the finale but i want to hear what others thought about the episode.

Now i also want to talk about the 3rd to last episode which i thought was great because you got to see the doctor try to act like a normal human with no companion helping him through it. i thought the epside gave some pretty decent insight into the new doctor.

Anyway i hope this thread stays active so we can talk about the season as a whole and the finale episodes of the season

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm watching the episode before the finale now on BBC America because I missed it last week.

It's really good so far, and I can't wait to see the finale in 15 minutes.

Edit: Wow. That was just... Wow.

I thought that they were going to go for a
cheap Dalek finale again until EVERY villain showed up
. :laugh:

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I don't mean to bump, but...

best episode

of this whole damn show

like oh my godddddddddddd

its not even done yetttttttt

I need to rewatch asdfgkjdfglkdfjg

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm just gonna hop in here to say that I'm interested in watching this now, that redhead chick in the commercials is fiiiine.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So Elizabeth Sladen just died on tuesday, for those of you who don't know, she played the iconic Sarah Jane Smith, companion to the 4th doctor and appeared in several 10th doctor shows. She even had her own spin-off series the Sarah Jane Adventures.

She was an Amazing Actress and will be missed.

Tribute

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I don't mean to bump, but...

best episode

of this whole damn show

like oh my godddddddddddd

its not even done yetttttttt

I need to rewatch asdfgkjdfglkdfjg
It was pretty great. I need the next episode now. @______@

I'm just gonna hop in here to say that I'm interested in watching this now, that redhead chick in the commercials is fiiiine.
Karen Gillian... <3

So Elizabeth Sladen just died on tuesday, for those of you who don't know, she played the iconic Sarah Jane Smith, companion to the 4th doctor and appeared in several 10th doctor shows. She even had her own spin-off series the Sarah Jane Adventures.

She was an Amazing Actress and will be missed.

Tribute
I agree, whole heatedly. I haven't seen any of the original series yet, but from what she was in for the new series, she was fantastic. She really will be missed. :(

Anyone else see the new episode? Thoughts?

Favorite Doctor? Tennant, easily. I even dressed up as said Doctor for Halloween (wife went as the TARDIS). Have pics if anyone wants to see.

Companion? Rose I guess. Donna was humorous, and a good friend of the Doctor, but Rose was someone special to him. Runner up is Amy, followed by River.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
what the **** @ that ending
Hahaha! you're pic totally matched my expression after the last episode.

I just watched the new episode..... I wished they explained other things than what they did explain. Along with...the implications they made...were......interesting =P

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If they go with twists at the end of every episode, the mid-season break is going to kill me. I MUST KNOW MORE!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Mids-season break? So only 4 more episodes left until that break.

It's good to see Doctor Who being enjoyed outside of the UK. I never realised it was so popular in the rest of the world.

:phone:

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I don't think there are a lot of people who watch it in America, but it is truly a great show

Moffat signing on to do the production is even better

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
How long do you get the episodes after us? We get them at 6 on Saturdays.

The pirate one was a bit meh, but I was surprised when I saw that lady, not the Siren, the other one.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It airs at 9pm each Saturday on BBC America... probably 8 hours after England shows their episode.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I don't think so.

btw have you heard this:

American TV host, Meredith Viera, got the chance the visit the set of Doctor Who whilst they were filming the Series 6 finale.

Her report shows the Cybermen, Silurian Eldane (Stephen Moore), Winston Churchill (Ian McNeice) and Romans on set. As well interviews with Alex Kingston and Matt Smith.

Viera also has a cameo in the episode as a news anchor and her line from the episode reveals some really strange details:

“Crowds lined the mall today as Holy Roman Emperor, Winston Churchill, returned to the Buckingham Senate on his personal mammoth.”

This fits in with the earlier filming reports that some of the episode is set on a bizarre alternate earth.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/behind-the-scenes-series-6-finale-19712.htm#ixzz1MDPzEljx

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've been meaning to get into this show, due to its sudden rise in popularity and revival. However, when I looked it up, this show is OLD. 26 seasons jeebus. So here are some Q's I would like answered.

1. Did this show get a reboot or something?
2. Do I need to start from Season 1?
3. Is it plot heavy where I would miss stuff if I started from a different season?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I've been meaning to get into this show, due to its sudden rise in popularity and revival. However, when I looked it up, this show is OLD. 26 seasons jeebus. So here are some Q's I would like answered.

I GOT THIS.

1. Did this show get a reboot or something? Yes. It continues from the where the old show sorta left off, but is also a stand alone series. You don't need to have seen the old series to watch/enjoy this.
2. Do I need to start from Season 1? Series/Season 1 of the new series starts with Chris Eccleston. You don't NEED to start here, but you'll be missing out on some good stories with him.
3. Is it plot heavy where I would miss stuff if I started from a different season? See above. If you start at series/season 5 and go on, not really. That's also it's own self contained arc. But 1-4 is more or less the same cast. My recommendation would be to start with Eccleston(?), series/season 1, and go from there. You'll enjoy it a lot more I think.
Response in quote.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'd say start from series 1 (2005) but because of time travel/paradoxes you could start on 5 and you would understand almost everything because it effectively rebooted the series. But at the same time there's only like 12 episodes a series, and a Christmas special, so it wont take you long to get through the first 4.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm gonna go ahead and start from series 1 (2005). Thanks for the clear up. From what I understand, that's when the "official" reboot started, so that's where I'll go from.

On a side note, why are there so many different actors representing the doctor? Or is there more than one?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm gonna go ahead and start from series 1 (2005). Thanks for the clear up. From what I understand, that's when the "official" reboot started, so that's where I'll go from.

On a side note, why are there so many different actors representing the doctor? Or is there more than one?
Just watch, and it will all be made clear. If you really must know, spoilers to follow.

When a Doctor dies, he can cheat death and regenerate into a new body. Ie, the writers can write off an actor.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Hey Odin that's not a spoiler.

Basically what Odin said, but he can have a completely different personality. For example the Doctor in 2005 is the 9th Doctor. Even though the show is rebooted, the Doctor isn't a different person, it's the same Doctor from the old series, it's just his 9th incarnation.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
But you must've known some things about it? At the start of the first episode, 9 looks in a mirror and checks himself over, alluding to the fact that he recently regenerated from 8. Plus throughout the show they make various references to the Doctors previous incarnations and adventures. I've never seen an episode before 2005 but I knew about the TARDIS, Daleks and the Doctor from before 2005, there's even a Dalek in our big book store in the city which has been there since the 90's. Yeah you don't need to watch any episodes from before 2005, but if I knew nothing about any of those things I'm sure the series would be quite confusing, especially as they point blank show pictures of 1-8 sometimes.

And the most recent episode was boring, which was a bit of a disappointment given the past few weeks, only the last few seconds was good. At least it's a two-parter.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It felt really, really rushed to me. That, and the ending was really... expected :/

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm personally not that big on spoilers. Of course, I don't want to be told the ending or plot twist by any means, but something like why the actor is replaced given it's been happening for two decades now is not a big deal to me.

Top Bottom