• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
These episodes so far haven't even come close to living up to the first half of season 6...they all seem sort of low budget (or at least, lower budget than usual XD) with mediocre storytelling.
I'd say the opposite seeing as though the first half was just CGI and a pirate ship. Heck even The Doctor's Wife was just a set, a deep voice, green lighting and the old TARDIS interior. Ok yeah they went to America but they're so obviously going to return to that in the last episode. But the 2nd half for example had a fully animatronic minotaur head and costume, and the Kindness from last week, both of which weren't CGI. That must've been expensive to do.

And anyway Doctor Who doesn't need to worry about advertising seeing as though it's on the BBC where there's no breaks or product placement, so their budget isn't going to be decreasing because it's a popular show.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Let's Kill Hitler and The Girl Who Waited seemed like cheap and lazy production value through and through.

I'm not suggesting that previous episodes have been special effects masterpieces but those two definitely could not have been that difficult to make. I was not at all impressed with the sets or the storytelling, which I feel have been strong points of the series.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So the Doctor's and that guy from that sitcom worked ok together I guess. The episode was too lighthearted and there wasn't enough action for my liking. There's a nice little surprise in this episode though, I wont say what it is because you'll be waiting for it if I do but you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

:phone:

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
saw it too, I thought it was OK but nothing too special. 3.5/5

the ending we knew what was coming though xD

if you've already seen Closing Time, check out the prequel:

[yt]OG5p-pNtjc0[/yt]

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Cute lighthearted episode,(and some doctor angst, poor guy) I guess a breather episode before the finale is going to become a trend.
Why do I think that the cybermat is really adorable?

Though we all saw the ending coming I cant help but wonder.....
How come the madam doesn't forget about the silence?
Anyway, cant wait for the next one.

I guess I missed the surprise though :c

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
man first i find out wes says hes coming back to melee. now i find out this thread is going strong again, I need to come here more often.

I haven't seen the new episode yet, but i am happy to here its lighthearted. I feel most the episodes from this season have tried to be darker more serious episodes. A lighthearted episode is just what the series needs right now imo

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Really tired of hearing those kids sing that "tick tock" song.

can't wait for the next episode... I'm fairly anxious to see the resolution of this particular story arch (although that might not happen till next season and beyond)...I'm just worried that this will be the 11th doctors last episode. He's definitely my favorite doctor so far. I feel like he captures the quirky awkward time traveling science teacher persona better than the previous two...who were sorta like...wanna be cool guys.

Top Bottom