• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who

nevershootme

Smash Master
I guess the best out of this season so far was about the
Sontarans, full of action in the episode and all of that buzz
but we'll see if the season finalie tops it off..

There is a youtube user (channel) that uploads the new episodes every saturday immediately after the british broadcast.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
the 2nd to last episodes name was anounced it was withheld b/c they (the people in charge of the show) said it gave away to much. the name is
the stolen earth
thoughts comments other?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
for the people who saw it what did you think of midnight? i liked it but i found it weird how
the doctor did not save the day or anything he did not seem like much help in this episode since all the people were so paranoid and did not listen to him. Also the next episode looks pretty good rose's return should/could make for a good episode

edit: i really like the black strip thing thanks for showing me how to do it

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
On Midnight:
I really liked how the Doctor was so helpless in that episode, I thought it added to the tense-ness, since he was as clueless about what was going on as we were. I'll say it, that episode was pure frightening!
It felt so different to the other episodes too.. as you said N.A.G.A.C.E, he didn't save the day or anything, the 'monster' lives on and it's all left unresolved.. it was more like he escaped than he emerged victorious.
Great villian (kudos to the actress, the look in her eyes was so unnerving.. fine performance), the echoing of the voices in the background while they talked was really ominous, her presence was always there keeping up the tension. I kinda thought it a breath of fresh air, the feeling of claustrophobia as opposed to the usual grand landscapes and settings, the Doctors vulnerability as opposed to always being in control surrounded by people who respect and listen to him.. nice one Russell.

Rose on the monitor was hardly subtle, was she?:p

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^ all very good points
i guess since rose was in the coming attractions anyway there was no point making it subtle i don't understand why the women who worked on the bus did not just throw sky out of the bus instead of just standing there with her or at least jump out of the way when the 6 sec time limit was up. Also after they were all safe the scene of them all sitting quit was well done b/c usually its at that point were the doctor trys to confort people but he had nothing to say to them after he saw there truly ugly side. I heard the rest of this season starting with the library 2 parter was going to be much darker then what we are use to

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i did not think this weeks episode was that great. from the preview last week i thought it was going to be better. the ending was really good and the preview for next week looks great.
i also liked when people were looking at her back that was a nice touch. Also it was nice to see rose again but besides that this what if episode was just so-so. It did not explain a lot of things such as how did sara jane get to the hospital on the moon or why the titanic did not destroy the planet like the doctor said it would. Also since you know that the world would go back to normal at the end i never really cared about any of the characters dying. Also getting danna's death out of the way now was a good idea b/c now if she still ends up dying you wont see it coming as much. Anyway next weeks episode looks great i like how eveyone is going to be in it its a nice way for the head writer producer guy to end his last season with the show.

nevershootme

Smash Master
spoiler talk
Well, still. it is a parallel world anyways, things happen the opposite. I do say the episode was whatever, even with rose relaying the message from donna to the doctor was weird.

next week should be interesting as it brings the core characters and their support characters from both spinoff shows all together. but I read on wikipedia that involves the creator of the daleks.

antimatter

Smash Lord
The official site now has an exclusive clip of episode 12 up - showing the moment the Daleks reveal their presence (via comms channel) to the anti-alien fighters of the world - Torchwood, UNIT (Martha at their New York base), and Sarah Jane at home via Mr. Smith. Only a minute long, no real spoilers, available only in the U.K., which pissed me off.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/ep...d=s4_12_trl_03[url][/SPOILER]

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
****, I really liked this Doctor, even though if he was gonna change I would have expected to hear something about it...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Yeah, apparently... nah I aint gonna spoil the next episode : P but it looks like he is staying for at least another year.

Edit: But seriously I was just thinking "Dont run to her, no dont! NO!" and then when he got shot I was like "Lol pwnt, thats what you get for doing something that cheasy"

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
I'd heard that Tennant was signed up for the next few specials and such, but I'm wondering now was that just something the BBC said to keep a regeneration ending secret.. which would be terrible! I doubt it's the end of him though. Remember when Donna was on the stairs in the Space-Police place, and the woman who brought her tea said something along the lines of "there's something on your back"..? Maybe I got that wrong/misheard and she was talking about what happened in the previous episode, but it would could be another 'wrong-turn, never happened!' moment.

Quality of the finale could go either way, I trust 'em to get it right though.

Bad Wolf!

antimatter

Smash Lord
I read this theory somewhere, and I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I read that the hand in the jar might regenerate to be the tenth doctor and stay with Rose, and allowing Tennant to still play the doctor, while someone else will play the eleventh. Also, I heard that Tennant has been filmed with both the brown and the blue suit recently, so there is a little weight to the theory.
But i'm stupid anyway, so i'm probably wrong.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i hope he is not dead b/c i really liked him as the docto. But if he is dead what a time to do it since everyone thought he was coming back since he is signed on to do the specials next year. i was thinking these episodes next year might take place before this episode. i don't have any idea what will happen and i can't wait for this weeks episode. also since the next episode will have so many diffrent people in it i wonder if it ill make the episode feel cluttered i hope not i guess i will just have to wait to see it and trust the people making the show

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Major spoiler, possibly.

Donna... a time lord... fusing with the Tardis, so much evidence for both theories BTW cant be ***** to present the evidence maybe tomorrow.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i hope he is not dead b/c i really liked him as the docto. But if he is dead what a time to do it since everyone thought he was coming back since he is signed on to do the specials next year. i was thinking these episodes next year might take place before this episode. i don't have any idea what will happen and i can't wait for this weeks episode. also since the next episode will have so many diffrent people in it i wonder if it ill make the episode feel cluttered i hope not i guess i will just have to wait to see it and trust the people making the show
No, see, that's the beauty of the theory. He still can be the Doctor, just not the primary focus. The main body dies and regenerates, so a new actor can do something. But Tennant can play the hand that regenerates into a full body. The hand was focused on a lot during the episode, wasn't it?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yes the hand was in it alot and your theory might be right but i was just throwing out another idea. Also he might find a way to absorb the hand or something so he does not dies after all he was only hit in the arm

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
^^ oh that could be something.. I figured the only reason they showed him getting hit in the arm was to explain why he didn't just disintegrate like everyone else does when they get full-on blasted (Which would have been pretty cool in a surprisingly anticlimactic kind of way...), but the hand is obviously going to be key for some reason.

I read some rumor that a female Timelord adversary of the Doctors from the olden days was going to feature in the finale but Wiki says no.. interesting read though, gotta love that 80's dress-sense.
They've a whole host of bad guys from the old series' they could be using rather than it always being the Daleks or the Cybermen or a combination of the Daleks AND the Cybermen, wish they'd bring back some more of the old bad guys.

I'm gonna miss Donna.:(

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^
i agree they should use some more of the old villians. Also it would be cool if thats why he got hit in the arm i am happy its not only me who likes that idea

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
On the Dr.Who wiki there was something that explained the Donna-Timelord and Donna-TARDIS theories, cant find it anymore though.

Anyway her name and job put together would equal "Lady time lord" (Or something), and the sound of a beating heart was herd when she touched her ring (Or something) and the way time wraps around here.

Also River song saying "O, your Donna." and Donna being seen inside a burning TARDIS also support the Donna-TARDIS theory.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
I wish they wouldn't make announcements on the cast, yaknow, one's like 'actor/actress x is leaving after this series/won't be in the specials'.
I heard one of those recently and it's ruined the surprise of a person who's going to die..
Grr.

*shakes fist.*

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
It did kinda lack didn't it... I'm getting used to being let down by the finales.
I guess it had to be dealt with quickly at the start of the episode but that instant regeneration cancel felt like such an anticlimax. (Good prediction there NAGACE.) Dunno whether I liked the 2nd Doctor/Rose ending, need to watch it again.
The scenes with the Doctor and Donna both mirroring each others speech were great though, plus the Caan betrayal was a nice twist.

The threats in that episode were all too easily disarmed to have let them create any real fear or tension though, I think thats what let it down.

Why is it ALWAYS the frickin' Cybermen!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
its only a let down b/c it was the finally if it was any other episode during the season it would off been a pretty good episode. also i can't belive i was right that was a pretty nice guess. so overall i thought it was a very good episode but just a good finally nothing great or special, we all might expect to much from this show since some of the other finallys were great and thats why this was a little bit of a let down.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea now that the show is over should we try to keep this thread alive with conversation or with questions like how long do you think you would last if you were a compaion of the doctor (no one answered it the first time i asked) or should we just let the thread die and search for it when the next special comes out?

Top Bottom