• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Well if we reverse the polarity of this neuron relay defabricator and wire this dalek sublocator to the mainframe then we may be able to send a beta wave out which can keep this thread going for at least 97.64634 megaticks!

Lady McSnugglemuch

Smash Rookie
OMFG I LUV DR WHO SO MUCH I WACH IT ONLINE CUZ IT DUSNT AIR WERE I LIVE IT RLY SUCKS WEN IT I CANT C IT IT MAKS ME RLY ANGRY

nyway i din lyk teh last ep much cuz it seemd ch-ez specily donna cumin a time lord wtf wuz wit dat nd the second doctor lolo wtf?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^ not everyone saw the episode yet put this [SPOILER] [/SPOILER] tag and wright what you want to say in between it so you don't spoiler anything

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i think its b/c her dad is still there and she got a doctor of her own so its win win for her

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Well if we reverse the polarity of this neuron relay defabricator and wire this dalek sublocator to the mainframe then we may be able to send a beta wave out which can keep this thread going for at least 97.64634 megaticks!
Win!

I've been wondering how Rose actually got to 'this' reality without a TARDIS or any such magic, can't remember that being addressed.

It's not quite over until the Christmas special, there's this to look forward too, which might be amusing.

What do you guys think about the possibility of them trying to wrangle out of the Doctor only having 12 regenerations? This was always said to be the maximum number of times he can regenerate before he dies for good, but the BBC would obviously like to forget about this to avoid ending a successful series, so they've stated that 12 might not necesssarily be the limit.
(This would mean there'll be 3 more Doctors once Tennant goes.)
I'd like to see the series continue for years to come but not if they're going to backtrack over long established elements of the show..

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
rose said something about some kind of dimension canon that blasted through ones the walls were weakened as a way of getting to this dimension.

i feel they will find a way for the doctor to get more regenerations. so i don't think they will ignore it but i do think they will side step it.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^idk that sounds kinda evil i feel it will be something more redicules like they are forced on him or he wins them somehow

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
sorry for the double post but
the darlek caan said one of the doctors companions was going to die but none of them did. do you people think danna was the one and the doctor saved her or will it be a future one or was it song b/c caan said his most loyal one will die and he trusted her enough to teel her his real name. any thoughts on this?

antimatter

Smash Lord
Interesting fact: The Doctor gave Doctor 2 & Rose a piece of the TARDIS when he left them in the parallel world so they could grow their own and travel again, thus giving that universe a Doctor. RTD decided to cut it.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
It's fun watching through the episodes again knowing what's going to happen though, watched Fires Of Pompeii again recently and there were a few little references to things that happen in later episodes that make you go 'Ahhhh!' out loud.

If you guys getting it in Australia now want to keep this thread alive until we need it again, it'd be great!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
you know what was funny in the 2nd to last episode that i don't think anyone commented about
when harret jones (i think thats her name i am bad at names) introduces herself to the darleks and they just like everyone else go we know who you are. i thought that was very funny

also 100th post on this thread

antimatter

Smash Lord
So, does anyone know when the season finale will air on Sci-Fi? I've heard this Friday, but the information source didn't sound too trustworthy.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
my dad was watching the 1st part of the finale on sci-fi and they should a pre view for next weeks episode that ruins the clifhanger it was pretrty dumb of them to show a pre view at all, if i heard right when it was aired in the uk there was no pre view and thats the way it should be.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i was watching the season 2 finale today which i had not seen for a while and darlek trash talking is great. making the cyberman look like fools good stuff

also saving this thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
sorry for the double post but
the darlek caan said one of the doctors companions was going to die but none of them did. do you people think danna was the one and the doctor saved her or will it be a future one or was it song b/c caan said his most loyal one will die and he trusted her enough to teel her his real name. any thoughts on this?
Well
Donna sort-of died, but if it wasn't that, the Darlek could have been refering to the companion in The Library.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Seen about 5 minutes of one. The Dr. looks like he's calm even when he's about to die.

Looks good, even though I don't get BBC anymore.

300th post

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Mic, to me it just seemed like something they pulled out to make the final sound more exciting, I mean they focused on the whole death thing in most of the teasers, if they meant something else they would have said "One of the companions was lost" but they just used that to build hype for the final.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm sure they'll just find some way around it so that they can continue the show.

Honestly, something I'd like to see is the Doctor with an alien companion. Or at least a major alien character in the show. As much as I like Doctor Who, it does feel a little too centered on humanity and the Earth. Maybe that was necessary in the original series, but with technology now they should be able to pull anything off.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i feel its about time to dust this thread off and bring it back to page one with the christmas special and the news
after the specials for 2009 Tennant is leaving the show. i feel if he was going to leave the show before the next full season him diying off in the last episode of the last season would of been a cool and unexpected way for him to go

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I've only seen 3 episodes
(the last 3 of the season with the darlek kahn or whatever)
, and I was impressed. My friend watches it online, and he suggested it to me

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Honestly, something I'd like to see is the Doctor with an alien companion. Or at least a major alien character in the show. As much as I like Doctor Who, it does feel a little too centered on humanity and the Earth. Maybe that was necessary in the original series, but with technology now they should be able to pull anything off.
I think though that they focus on humans because the doctor loves humans as a species. He thinks we're wonderfully interesting things.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Should we be talking about the new Torchwood weeklong special here?

So far so good IMO.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
bump since the last episode was just came out. what do people think of it?
this is tennant's 2nd to last episode and i am going to be sad to see him go since i really liked him as the doctor. Anyway what did people think about the episode? the master race lol? and the time lords returning i liked it a lot and it was pretty crazy imo.
i hope this bump is not wasted also anyone know when the next season is starting in Britain?

G U R U

Smash Lord
New special was good however I found it funny how
The Master has super powers now. He can leap buildings in a single bound AND shoot lightning!!! Come on!!!

Top Bottom