• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do people consider Shiek's DACUS hard?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
be realistic ppl...DACUS is HARD with Sheik.
sometimes i can get on a roll but my success rate is probably only like 1/4 which is even worse in an actual match. And i don't use claw position, don't see how that makes it easier...i set R to attack
its definitely never a guaranteed thing b/c of frame perfection. It makes other chars' DACUS feel easy

if u want to prove me otherwise show me a video of consistent DACUS use
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=ph_0Banv_PE

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
*sigh*

i almost want to learn it just for combo videos because its a nice finisher on some stuff that would otherwise not finish haha

but i dont want to change my control scheme thats just a hassle lol

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
*sigh*

i almost want to learn it just for combo videos because its a nice finisher on some stuff that would otherwise not finish haha

but i dont want to change my control scheme thats just a hassle lol
Are you not the son of Bowser?

Use thy claw!!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
phanna dashdance is using the foxtrot (opening animation of dash) to have an extended distance dashdance. It's pretty useless for Sheik because her opening dash animation is so short to begin with. In fact, it's part of what makes her shield dash so great.

Also, ****, Tristan. I got hit by like 5 boost usmashes against my friend's Sheik and I still don't feel it's worth learning. It's not amazing, and it's not necessary. My entire plan in fighting games has been to find someone with an easy to pick up moveset so I wouldn't have to wrap my mind around technique and could instead concentrate on more useful things, like smart play.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
oh. that doesnt sound fun. i like regular dashdancing... have you guys tried dashdancing -> dacus? i've only pulled it off like twice in an actual match, i think its just funny to see ^^ and ankoku i bet you could master the dacus if you actually cared to, and you're doing decent without, so f*** it right?

Blad01

Smash Lord
oh. that doesnt sound fun. i like regular dashdancing... have you guys tried dashdancing -> dacus? i've only pulled it off like twice in an actual match, i think its just funny to see ^^ and ankoku i bet you could master the dacus if you actually cared to, and you're doing decent without, so f*** it right?
Yes, i loved dashdance to Hyphen Smash / Grab / Dash Attack, and now i'm trying to master DD > Dacus, but that's a lot harder :)

But i'm close to success ^^ I did it twice in a match, i believe it's pretty surprising for the opponent.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Tristan calm down.

I'm trying to simplify it as a move and go down to its basic roots.

"Punishment for fear" is a little too subjective for me. So is "surprise" but I think they both work hand in hand, no?

And yeah, I forgot the grab release stuff but whatever.

And I've always thought you were too adamant about the move because its uses are WAY more limited than you'd think.

When will people listen to Gimpy... He says it's USELESS. I believe him, but I'm trying to compromise because I do use it sometimes... on a whim only.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
i vote we rename the dacus to our favorite super hero and this thread is now about voting on which superhero it shall be!

--------------------

1 - Drephen

clowsui

Smash Legend
DACUS is REALLY limited in use. it's cool to look at and it's easy to score tipper usmashes off of but its usefulness comes from grabs, which are hard to get for sheik at high percents since it involves you trying to get close enough to the opponent...at a percentage where they are close to dying...and use your bad grab range to get at them. yeah.

you're better off just repeatedly beating the opponent over the head to refresh moves during the grab rather than wasting the time to move your fingers to DACUS position. now THAT's something that I don't see enough sheiks doing, and many of them play pure sheik.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
DACUS is not limited, I've got consistent enough to use it just as an approach and it's unshieldgrabbableness is the smex. It's going to get more important as time goes anyway.

It's not like something revolutionary like some people are trying to make it out to be, but it's pretty **** useful.

demodemo

Smash Ace
dacus is very hard to sheild, since sheik is coming at you so fast

it is NOT only good for follow up after grabs.

anyway, change your controls if you don't want to move your hands. don't say its limited in its use if you just don't feel like changing your controls

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Ehhhh not to seem like a noob, but someone explain claw position plz? I've never heard of that before.

I just put my Z on attack and my Y on throw. It works for me on a good day about 75% of the time. It usually helps. Shiek has the best DACUS imo. Because your moving, the sweetspot seems far more likely to hit them. I don't really find it hard, but I can't always do it.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ehhhh not to seem like a noob, but someone explain claw position plz? I've never heard of that before.

I just put my Z on attack and my Y on throw. It works for me on a good day about 75% of the time. It usually helps. Shiek has the best DACUS imo. Because your moving, the sweetspot seems far more likely to hit them. I don't really find it hard, but I can't always do it.
thumb on c-stick, index on A

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
all i did was change my R button to attack, since i don't use it anyway to shield. the first time i saw it it that video with all the boost smashes, i went to try it and did it my first try >.> im not 100% at it but it might be that consistent cause i also play falco :]

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you know what - i just realized any time i would ever desire to dacus is out of a grab release and i also realized that gives me plenty of time to claw it - so i guess i'll grab release dacus when i get the timing down soon enough.

Top Bottom