• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do Floridians prefer Brawl or Melee?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Melee is way better.

The only reason I'm playing brawl is because the new tourney scene is pritty exciting. The tourneys are huge and we dont already know who is gonna win every tourney (Shiz, Chops, Colbol, SpeedN in melee).

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Both...
I can't just commit to one cause I like aspects of both of them. I wish they just mashed them both together and it'd rock.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I prefer Melee, but play Brawl because it's where the community is headed/the money is at!!!

For every 10 or so matches of Brawl I play with Col Bol, we play like 50 matches of melee!!!

Brawl just gets boring WAY quicker!!!

:colorful:

Equi

Smash Ace
Overall, I respect Melee as the deeper and more complex game, and the more competitive/exciting game as well.

However, I don't see myself ever going back to it. Honestly I'm enjoying Brawl quite a bit right now and woud rather play Brawl over Melee due to the newness. I think people don't give Brawl enough respect for it's depth, I know it's not deep like Melee, but still, it's a solid competitive game overall and I don't think camping is going to hinder it as much as everyone blows it out to be. I'm enjoying Brawl because it's reinforcing the fundamentals of Smash once more (Spacing, Grabs, basic walking mindgames, etc.) I know Melee had this too, but for some reason I found myself wavedashing half the time and the fundamentals were non-existant for me.

I'm enjoying the simplicity of Brawl, it's opening up new realms to my smash game that I wouldn't have if I had kept playing Melee. Brawl FTW.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Melee for me so far. I actually don't have Brawl or a Wii personally. My brothers do so they play Brawl and whenever I come over I play with them or at my friend SheikSSBM (Italian Bread)'s house. After about 45 minutes - 1 hour of Brawl with SheikSSBM we ask each other "Wanna play Melee?" ... from there it's usually a few hours of Melee. Brawl gets boring fast since it's a new game and it's really nothing like Melee. Melee is amazing.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Melee for me so far. I actually don't have Brawl or a Wii personally. My brothers do so they play Brawl and whenever I come over I play with them or at my friend SheikSSBM (Italian Bread)'s house. After about 45 minutes - 1 hour of Brawl with SheikSSBM we ask each other "Wanna play Melee?" ... from there it's usually a few hours of Melee. Brawl gets boring fast since it's a new game and it's really nothing like Melee. Melee is amazing.
So I won't have you and your brothers attend my Brawl tournaments?!? j/k

I have some respect for Melee but Brawl gives me more entertainment.

derf

Smash Ace
After about 45 minutes - 1 hour of Brawl with SheikSSBM we ask each other "Wanna play Melee?" ... from there it's usually a few hours of Melee. Brawl gets boring fast since it's a new game and it's really nothing like Melee. Melee is amazing.
my feelings exactly

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
Well i still love melee because im mean come on you could pull off wicked combo and all the cool glitches where in the game but brawl is a good thing for us because anyone can win in a brawl unless you put not a single item LOL. If anyones in miami Talk to me you see that friend code

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think most Floridians like Melee better, but play Brawl because of all the huge tournament action that it's getting.

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
Wow @ these replies! Brawl > Melee by far. I prefer Brawl not only because Yoshi can recover, but because of the new airdodge system.

I still need to face some of you guys I haven't faced in years.
Laijin said:
Why does this topic exist?
Curiosity.

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
You guys are just to used to our old exploits. Wait until we find more in Brawl than Pikachu's quick attack cancel.

I'm loving Brawl ROB so far :p

Melee > Brawl by far. I prefer Brawl not only because Marth can recover, but because of the old airdodge system.

:colorful:
Glad to see you agree, even if it's just a typo :D

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Roflmao. I'm not going to complain about Brawl, even though I have many complaints. But for the sake of this thread being educated and not biased, I won't post complaints. If you want to hear what I think of Brawl, IM me on AIM "Kurokawa Shun". All I know is that I like Melee more than Brawl "so far". As in, if something miraculous happens that changes the world for Brawlers in a huge exploit or something, then I might consider taking up Brawl. For now the game is just "fun" to me like thousands of other games are in the world. I can't see how it's competitive streak so far will compare to Melee's. Who knows, maybe someone will show up like Mew2King did but exploit most of Brawl in a year from now or something. But we'll see. All in due time. I appreciate Melee over Brawl so far though.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Brawl because Melee is dead to me....it got boring ever since the first rumor of Brawl coming out. This game will soon find more tricks and faster because people know what they are looking for.

derf

Smash Ace
Melee=People who have ADD
Brawl=In due time, not for people with ADD.

Done and done.
but, i mean, doesnt that just hint that brawl isn't as entertaining? typically, people with ADD are able to concentrate on things they actually find engaging (i think)

Top Bottom