• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do Falcon Mainers Believe that Falcon is the worst in this game?

QKiwi

Smash Rookie
derlurk activate >.> It is my opinion ganondorf is quite a ways ahead of the good captain for the moment, despite some of his lags all of his attacks string together very well, and hit like a truck. Every time someone lets you punish them you basically put them in range to kill with the second-third punish, which makes him a character that really forces people to their limit. Plus flame choke is amazing when not overdone to the point of predictability. On a final note, he shoots lightning from his beard, so all points against him automatically fail.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganondorf's Thunder Storm (or Stomp/D-Air), and the reverse Warlock Punch, imo, are his only trump cards of winning, contrasted to Melee, where he was an overall great character, despite being a clone. Capt. Falcon got madly nerfed, but I still think Capt. Falcon is better than Ganondorf. You have to have crazy accuracy, timing, and spacing if you want everything to go as planned with Ganondorf. Plus, Capt. Falcon's grabs and throws are nothing to laugh at, especially the D-Throw. Your choices are freely expanded if you perform that move.
Neither Falcon nor Ganondorf will get too many grabs because they have terrible grab range (my guess is the worst in the game). Ganondorf at least however can fairly easily land his Forward B which does equal free F-tilt, D-tilt, or jab depending on character, and two of those kill.

Both of their D-throws are crap at higher percents. At low percents you might be able to get in 1 U-air, but that's it.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
wow you put samus in there, i dont know about the others but Samus is far from low tier, go Zair!
Yeah, it's because I just haven't seen too many really good Samus players, I guess. Recently though I saw some super defensive Samus on youtube fighting some IC's. The zair was used to amazing effect. It was good stuff.
I just don't know where Samus' kill moves are.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's because I just haven't seen too many really good Samus players, I guess. Recently though I saw some super defensive Samus on youtube fighting some IC's. The zair was used to amazing effect. It was good stuff.
I just don't know where Samus' kill moves are.
Non existent. Well I guess the d-tilt is pretty good...

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Samus is worse than Falcon imo. Projectiles are slow, easily dodged, and wimpy. Even the Charge Shot can't kill early (or at mid either lol). Recovery is worse imo. Less kill options than Falcon, easier killed, and slow.

Snake is not a horrible Falcon matchup btw. Let me know when you **** a Metaknight.

xizor98

Smash Rookie
it's simulataneously sad and hilarious to see all these posts claiming that ganondorf is worse than Falcon. I mean I guess I understand the inherent need people have to feel as though somone somewhere has it worse-off than they do, but this is just ridiculous.

Thunderstorming alone makes Ganondorf better than anything Falcon is capable of. Not to mention he's one of the best (only) decent comboers in the game, and can easily kill someone in 6 hits. Also, practically every move he has is a kill move. The 300 kick is better than any move Falcon has. Hell, Ganon's neutral A is better than any move Falcon has. Plus Ganon's Forward-B is a totally awesome, unique, and useful move and techchase which defecates so far down the throat of Falcon's equivalent it aint even funny. He's heavier and all his moves have MUCH higher priority. His landing lag is worse, but its a nonissue as you shouldn't be playing Ganondorf using aerials low to the ground.

I was a Falcon/Samus/Ganondorf main in Melee, so I'm obviously reeling from the collective nerfing Brawl has given to my holy trinity, but of those 3, Ganondorf is clearly the best in Brawl. Samus is somewhat debatable, but Falcon is out of the question. I haven't played extensively enough with the other characters to conclusively and objectively say that Falcon is the worse in the entire game, but i've put hundreds of hours into my "main 3" and he is the worse of those 3 by a factor of infinity.

Please stop this nonsense that Ganon is worse than Falcon. Choose another scapegoat for the coveted title of "worst in the game" as that honor is nowhere near appropriate for the big G. He's not top tier, but he's waaaaay better than Falcon. Doubtlessly this plea will go unheeded, but it just needed to be said.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
it's simulataneously sad and hilarious to see all these posts claiming that ganondorf is worse than Falcon. I mean I guess I understand the inherent need people have to feel as though somone somewhere has it worse-off than they do, but this is just ridiculous.

Thunderstorming alone makes Ganondorf better than anything Falcon is capable of. Not to mention he's one of the best (only) decent comboers in the game, and can easily kill someone in 6 hits. Also, practically every move he has is a kill move. The 300 kick is better than any move Falcon has. Hell, Ganon's neutral A is better than any move Falcon has. Plus Ganon's Forward-B is a totally awesome, unique, and useful move and techchase which defecates so far down the throat of Falcon's equivalent it aint even funny. He's heavier and all his moves have MUCH higher priority. His landing lag is worse, but its a nonissue as you shouldn't be playing Ganondorf using aerials low to the ground.

I was a Falcon/Samus/Ganondorf main in Melee, so I'm obviously reeling from the collective nerfing Brawl has given to my holy trinity, but of those 3, Ganondorf is clearly the best in Brawl. Samus is somewhat debatable, but Falcon is out of the question. I haven't played extensively enough with the other characters to conclusively and objectively say that Falcon is the worse in the entire game, but i've put hundreds of hours into my "main 3" and he is the worse of those 3 by a factor of infinity.

Please stop this nonsense that Ganon is worse than Falcon. Choose another scapegoat for the coveted title of "worst in the game" as that honor is nowhere near appropriate for the big G. He's not top tier, but he's waaaaay better than Falcon. Doubtlessly this plea will go unheeded, but it just needed to be said.
lolololololol

bLeAkWuN

Smash Cadet
seriously..its all about the timing nd spacing with falcon....just know every opponents hit boxes, nd counteract with the perfect move....i usually go for chain grabing if i go against a very offensive player....defensive players are tricky but it can be done....throw in unexpected SH Dairs for them with alot of grabs & sheild grabs...CF 2 the top!

Show me your Boobs!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
It was on Shadow Moses Island though. I kept getting lucky hits till he was at about 70 then I just kept bouncing him off of walls. He was SO pissed.

Then I did it again.

habaker91

Smash Apprentice
sigh...is it me or are characters nerfed in brawl because of their awesomeness?
falcon = awesome
yoshi = awesome
luigi = awesome
the only awesome character who doesnt suck big time is olimar...

jinkogunai

Smash Apprentice
i think we want falcon to be good and we hope for that, but the fact is that the weaknesses he had in melee are still there and he now has new ones. he can stilll bne gimped fairly easily in comparison to other characters and the combo and follow up abilities he have been greatly diminished because of how the game was developed. maybe if we find other things to make him better, but until then i believe he's possibly the lowest in the game.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I don't believe that Falcon is the worst in the game, but rather that it is just hard to quantify his strengths. People look at his priority and the new knee and say garbage, and easily dismiss his speed because they don't know what to do with it. I couldn't really say who is worse than Falcon, although based on who I've failed with I would have to guess Sonic(you can see his specials coming), Jiggs(pathetic range), and Yoshi(moves feel slow and not powerful enough to make him decent like Ganondorf). I would agree that Ganondorf is better overall than Falcon, because their bad matchups are different. Ganondorf has trouble getting out of the way of KO moves, while Falcon has trouble landing them.

jrricky

Smash Cadet
falcons d smash and onetwo punch grab combo is all i need. I kick *** most of the time I use him and he is not my main :).

TheBlackLink

Smash Cadet
I definetly disagree with those who say that the Falcon is the worst. Yes he has been nerfed, (They freakin slammed him with the Nerf hammer, much lesst the bat) but in the right hands, he's still one of the best characters out there. People are too conscerned with tiers and whatnot that they let the little nicks and such form an opinion of the Falcon.

Truthfully, I do main the Capt. And i'd have to say that he stiill has a pretty good chance of defeating any other characters in the game. (In the right hands of course ^_^)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Poeple who mained Falcon in Melee are the mostly the same poeple who have been entering tourneys with Falcon. Most of them are so used to using "Melee-Falcon" that they end up losing the match just becuase he is tweaked for Brawl. These losses contribute to his lower tier for Brawl.

There are no tiers for Brawl anyway, everyone is pretty balanced. I have as hard a time KOing "top tiers" as I do KOing "low tiers".

TheBlackLink

Smash Cadet
Poeple who mained Falcon in Melee are the mostly the same poeple who have been entering tourneys with Falcon. Most of them are so used to using "Melee-Falcon" that they end up losing the match just becuase he is tweaked for Brawl. These losses contribute to his lower tier for Brawl.

There are no tiers for Brawl anyway, everyone is pretty balanced. I have as hard a time KOing "top tiers" as I do KOing "low tiers".
Exactly. That's what I believe as well.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Poeple who mained Falcon in Melee are the mostly the same poeple who have been entering tourneys with Falcon. Most of them are so used to using "Melee-Falcon" that they end up losing the match just becuase he is tweaked for Brawl.
The people who mained falcon in melee aren't gonna be thrown totally off their game when a character is "tweaked"; they will when that character is nerfed so badly he's competing for low tier.
These losses contribute to his lower tier for Brawl.
Why are you stating this like its fact? Where did you come up with this?
There are no tiers for Brawl anyway, everyone is pretty balanced.
Wow. Have you ever played a player snake before?
I have as hard a time KOing "top tiers" as I do KOing "low tiers".
This just means that either a) the people you play suck at high tiers, or b) you suck regardless of who you play against.

EDIT:
The 300 kick is better than any move Falcon has.
So it's been dubbed the 300 kick, huh? That's a pretty awesome name lol, I love it.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
There are no tiers for Brawl anyway, everyone is pretty balanced.
Have you ever played against MK or Snake? Have you ever been hit by that freaking tornado or one of Snake's quick, ranged, and powerful tilts? Comparing MK or Snake to the rest of the cast (especially characters such as Falcon), I really doubt Sakurai and co.'s ability to balance a fighting game.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Have you ever played against MK or Snake? Have you ever been hit by that freaking tornado or one of Snake's quick, ranged, and powerful tilts? Comparing MK or Snake to the rest of the cast (especially characters such as Falcon), I really doubt Sakurai and co.'s ability to balance a fighting game.
Maybe the MKs I've played are using it wrong, but the tornado does not scare me. Snake's tilts are good, but Falcon's aren't so bad either.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Maybe the MKs I've played are using it wrong, but the tornado does not scare me. Snake's tilts are good, but Falcon's aren't so bad either.
Snake's tilts are much better than Falcon's. Falcon's tilts are pretty good, but the fact that they can be hit through fairly easily decreases their usefulness. Snake's hits far beyond his model, so he doesn't have to worry about that, and they also have very good knockback. Falcon's tilts are decent at best.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
I still make my stand alone argument that Falcon's meta-game isn't fully developed yet, hence my argument that he is full of potential.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Falcon is sorta like Dan Hibiki: more or less a joke, but an awesome joke that can be used to great effect if you've got a backup plan. Falcon is a good character to main if you have a good secondary: I dual main Falcon/Ness and use a Pikachu for the matches they both are bad at.

The thing with C.Falc is that you have to be perfect to do well with him, especially against a Kirby or Meta. You've gotta be thinking multiple steps ahead all the time, one misstep can screw you over because he lives on momentum more than even Shiek. He can **** just fine, it's just other people can **** him more easily.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Sonic is definitely not worse than Falcon Wheeler, and neither is Ganon. Sonic has plenty of priority for what he seeks to do, and unlike Falcon Wheeler, he can combo fairly well (relatively, at least). Sonic also gimps a lot more easily than Falcon Wheeler. In the cas of Ganon, he has people in KO range after about three hits, and has one of the best edgeguards in the game.

Captain Falcon Rick Wheeler doesn't have much priority, doesn't have much of an approach, can't combo worth a ****, and his most powerful KO move is less effective on grounded opponents because you have to suffer landing lag for it to sweetspot. He doesn't even gimp all that well. Essentially, he's an empty husk of the Falcon that was. If he's not the worst in the game, he's no more than two spots away from that place. Link and Samus are also in contention.

Top Bottom