• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do Falcon Mainers Believe that Falcon is the worst in this game?

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
I've been around the tier discussion thread lately. Most people there have the mindset that Captain Falcon is complete crap and is the lowest of low on the tier list. What do falcon mainers think? Do you believe he is honestly the worst in this game or there is someone who is worse then him?

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
I'm not 100% sure yet, but I can say he's very close to the worst, if not THE worst. Mind, I play Falcon more than any other character, though even then I don't necessarily think of myself as a "Falcon Mainer" any longer. I play other characters when I want to win.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Oooh, I don't think he's the worst.
People are silly. I think Sonic, Sheik, Samus, and maybe Link, are all worse.

but again, I main him. He is not the worst. Or if he is, I'm **** good with him.

Tenki

Smash Hero
;D judging from other threads that I've seen, Falcon mainers want to believe that they are at least better than Ganondorf and Sonic.

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
I find both Sheik and Sonic to be at least playable. Falcon not so much. When he has a bad matchup, his weakness is VERY apparent. The other two, well, not as much. Sonic also has a ludicrous recovery, which in itself makes him leagues better than Falcon overall. He's an uncomfortably weird character, though, when it comes to playing him.

I find Yoshi, PT, and Samus to be contenders for the "Worse than Captain Falcon" award. I know Yoshi is probably misplaced there, but I have extreme difficulty playing him. Link may also deserve a spot somewhere in the lower tiers. It's hard to imagine someone who can be disgustingly outclassed the way Falcon can, though. Take Falcon vs Olimar, Ness, Kirby, and Lucas, for example.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
About two months ago, I thought the worst character was indeed Falcon.

Then Inui told me Sonic is like Falcon, but doesn't live as long, has less priority, and less KO power.

Then we discovered Falcon could **** with D-air autocanceling, Knee to Up-B combos, and ****.

Falcon still sucks though. But at least we discovered he has a few legitimate (yes, you heard me guys) advantages outside of run speed. =)

Dun get me wrong though, Falcon is not my main. He's one of my secondaries. I main Mario and G&W.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I find both Sheik and Sonic to be at least playable. Falcon not so much. When he has a bad matchup, his weakness is VERY apparent. The other two, well, not as much. Sonic also has a ludicrous recovery, which in itself makes him leagues better than Falcon overall. He's an uncomfortably weird character, though, when it comes to playing him.

I find Yoshi, PT, and Samus to be contenders for the "Worse than Captain Falcon" award. I know Yoshi is probably misplaced there, but I have extreme difficulty playing him. Link may also deserve a spot somewhere in the lower tiers. It's hard to imagine someone who can be disgustingly outclassed the way Falcon can, though. Take Falcon vs Olimar, Ness, Kirby, and Lucas, for example.
...Did you just call PT, the one character with about as many advantageous matchups as SNAKE himself, worse than Captain Falcon? You, my friend, are sorely mistaken. D:

Oh, and I personally consider Falcon to be tied in last place with Sheik, but meh. Even if he is the "worst," he's still **** awesome to play as.

Krigar

Smash Rookie
I know he's not that great at all, but knowing that gives me motivation to always try hard. And I try hard because I don't think any other character can ever replace the joy I get from playing Falcon seriously.

When I'm just playing casually with my friends, I find playing the Captain keeps me actively thinking and playing hard if I want to earn victories. I know I can just pick Snake and destroy all my friends with much less effort, but that wouldn't force me to even have to try making use of elaborate setups or even half my moveset. In that essence, even though I love to play Falcon in any scenario, he also serves as a good warm-up/practice character, at least in my eyes.

MMhawk607

Smash Rookie
well in Melee he was my Main

in Brawl it kind of changed with the speed toned down
his recovery isn't that good, only if you get someone in it and can keep using it

his final smash is good depending on how many people you get
the more people, the less effective

i also think since Falcon is more close range than anyone in this game and most of the characters are long range its very hard for someone to use him

as for saying whos the worst i don't believe Falcon is the worst in Brawl...hes close to it...but not the worst

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Falcon's recovery is better then people are willing to admit. Also, I would give Sonic a lot more credit if he had some kill moves. Some good kills moves.
And my brother mains Wario and seconds Ness. Maybe I'm just used to training with people I have disadvantages against... or maybe Falcon isn't as bad as everyone says.
And what's the deal with people saying that Ganon is worse then Falcon. Ganon is miles ahead of Falcon, I believe.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Falcon sucks, this coming from a guy who played falcon for over 5 years.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
As of right now I do think he's the worst in the game.
It may just simply be me but the more I play him the more he doesn't necessarily feel like the worst, though. I have a feeling he may kick up a few places as his metagame develops, we can only hope. He's still a blast to play at least.

I'll admit though A2ZOMG provides an interesting argument for Sonic, but the way I see it there must be something to him if he has that kind of Tournament showings.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Then Inui told me Sonic is like Falcon, but doesn't live as long, has less priority, and less KO power.
Hit for hit, Sonic can't stand as much damage as Falcon, yes.
Sonic and Falcon have low priority, and Sonic with smaller hitboxes generally has less than Falcon.
Sonic has less KO power, yes.

But what I don't understand is how they are "like" each other. Aside from movement speed and movement range, which Sonic has more of, their playstyles and the speed/way they rack up damage and kills are absolutely different.

I really don't mind if Sonic really is considered to be worse than Falcon, but I want to know the reasoning behind this that doesn't include "____ said so!!", but more like specific playstyle examples of what each character can and can't do.

vv PS Sheik is playable.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
The amount of people that think Shiek is unplayable/a contender for worst character is dumbfounding to me.

I think Falcon is better then Jigglypuff and tied with Sonic as the second worst character in the game.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dude Jiggly is so much better than falcon. She is still somewhat playable.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Sonic IS like Falcon though. Only a lighter, smaller, shorter-reaching, higher UpB-ing version. Both can chase like no one else. Both have a hard time killing (Falcon has an easier time now). Both rely on edgeguarding and both are good at it (Sonic may be a little better but he has to depend on it more than Falcon now). Both have multiple recovery options (Falcon SideB and UpB, Sonic B and UpB). Falcon has better smashes. Falcon has a more USEFUL UpB overall. Overall Falcon and Sonic have the same problems, but Falcon is a little bit better at a few things which puts him a slot above Sonic.

Now that I think about it, Sonic is like the child of Falcon and Jigglypuff. If you mixed the two, you'd get Sonic imo.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I almost forgot to answer the question:

I think Falcon is low tier. Therefore he is not the worst. IMO: Sonic and Ganondorf are worse.

Knee Of Justice!?

Smash Cadet
i dont think Falcon is the worst he is definetly not as good as he used to be tho, im gonna agree with key and say for now he is low tier.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
falcon isnt the worst, sonic, yoshi, and arguably ganon is worse. Falcon still isnt that good of a character but calling him the worst is a little much. Falcon is developing as a character as I have been trying to do, and wait till you guys get some recent videos of silent spectres falcon.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I don't see why people need constant reassurance of their characters being good. I played Melee Falcon for SO long and the fact he sucks now is depressing but it's just something you have to deal with.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
and sonic is actually better than alot of the other chars.

link, falcon, ganon, samus, jiggly, id even say bowser and sheik
all characters that are worse than sonic
and that in itself gets sonic out of low tier
sry for the double post

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I must admit that Captain Falcon is close to being at the bottom of the barrel. Comparing him to Sonic however, Sonic has better approaches and apparently does better in the aerial game. Of course, Falcon focuses on raw power while Sonic focuses on attacks that rack up damage. Choice is based on your preference however.

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is not a good character in Brawl. I do think that nobody is worse than Jigglypuff. All someone has to do is attack and roll away and Jigglypuff can't do a thing.

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Sonic and Yoshi are way too good for "worst character in the game"

Dude Yoshi is a Snake/Marth/Olimar counter(not joking), that ALONE makes him good enough to be near the top and Sonics mind games as well as speed really take a toll on someone who cant compensate for it.
Sheik is bad yes but she supposed to be USED WITH ZELDA U NUTSACKS, speed then kill power. Thats how she works ffs. Falcon is the worst but with tiers barely mattering to begin with I doubt he's unusable, unlike in melee where the bottom tiers were like 10x worse than the god tiers. My friend ****ing owns *** with Falcon, he's got some serious commonly unknown combos. Not to mention 1on1 isn't all this game is about, random Falcon punches in FFA/Teams? Yes, Falcon owns in that department.
He's like Bowser/Ganon, they aren't meant for 1on1.
Oh and the person talking about Yoshi: its really hard to use him because he has a huge learning curve. In my opinion he's the top of mid tier. Well considering god/bottom tiers don't really exist that's pretty good. Infinite Dodging nearly destroyed tiers if no one has noticed >_> . It's like snake, you can't master him in 1 day because he has too many tactics. Unlike say Olimar where all you need is a C-stick.

It's funny, either:
1. I'm so freaking good at brawl so I never lose because I was a melee pro or
2. tires dun matter much

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
falcon isnt the worst, sonic, yoshi, and arguably ganon is worse. Falcon still isnt that good of a character but calling him the worst is a little much. Falcon is developing as a character as I have been trying to do, and wait till you guys get some recent videos of silent spectres falcon.
Play me and say that to my face after you lose 100x in a row.
I won a tournament with those 4 characters u just mentioned...

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is not a good character in Brawl. I do think that nobody is worse than Jigglypuff. All someone has to do is attack and roll away and Jigglypuff can't do a thing.
Jiggly is god tier vs characters with bad recoveries, and she doesnt lack kill moves so i cant say low

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sonics mind games as well as speed really take a toll on someone who cant compensate for it.
But what if they can compensate for it? Judging that a character is good because his opponents might suck isn't a good way to determine his effectiveness. If a good player can shut someone down he isn't necessarily all that good.

I do think Sonic is about mid tier. Even if Falcon and him are bottom tier, even if they arePICHU tier I would still play them.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^T-T-T-THREE HIT COMBO!

edit button works, too ._.;

Honestly though, there's no real way to tell which character is the 'worst' in the game until you get more showing at tournaments against other supposed 'worse' and 'better' characters :3

You know, since there are generally less people working with such characters, the metagame isn't as explored as other characters. @.@ I mean imagine Olimar being played without grabbing much, he'd be considered alot worse than he is right now - atm you can't just compare characters stat for stat, but in context of their metagame.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
Oooh, I don't think he's the worst.
People are silly. I think Sonic, Sheik, Samus, and maybe Link, are all worse.

but again, I main him. He is not the worst. Or if he is, I'm **** good with him.
Sheik is fantastic, although shes quite weak and got nerfed a bit from melee (omg i miss her fair) she still can be very deadly. She has a great projectile, her tilts are among the best, she has great combo ability (ftilt-ftilt-up grab-fair=beauty). But she basically has to rely on ledge guarding to get most of her kills. Not to mention her dashAT canceled upsmash, although difficult to master (unlike snake) is among the best in the game.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think most people can admit that Falcon, Ganon, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and Sonic are the games worst characters. The order hasn't been made, I can bet my life that they are the worst 5. Oh and please tell me how Yoshi is a Snake counter? I'd love to hear it.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Falcon was and is one of my mains, and at first i was really disappointed with his laggyness and lack of combo'ing. Yeah most people will say he's bad but i think it's because most of kill moves not take more precise timing. Personally i think falcon isnt as bad as people say, practice practice. If you want to be good with falcon now, it's going to take more effort than getting good with toon link. FALCON FOREVER D:::

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think most people can admit that Falcon, Ganon, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and Samus are the games worst characters. The order hasn't been made, I can bet my life that they are the worst 5. Oh and please tell me how Yoshi is a Snake counter? I'd love to hear it.
Fixed..... much better

sonic is not bottom tier, he is bad, yes, but he has a strong metagame, some very tricky techniques, and some pretty even matches with many of the often-seen-in-tournament-characters.

wolf, olimar, falco, D3, and even snake, sonic can go toe to toe with any of them

EDIT: im sorry if im turning this into the tier discussion thread

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
But what I don't understand is how they are "like" each other. Aside from movement speed and movement range, which Sonic has more of, their playstyles and the speed/way they rack up damage and kills are absolutely different.
Neither really can approach or pressure reliably since they can't always attack safely, so generally you're reacting to almost everything the opponent does since you can't miss an opportunity to capitalize on a mistake.

Also Inui thinks highly of Falcon's Up-B and U-air. Up-B as he says is a 17% unblockable, and U-air beats all of Sonic's moves and is actually a good ledgeguard. I know he actually plays a lot with Falcon and Ganondorf, and he plays against at least one person who is good with Sonic, so that's what I've heard from him.

I mean you might ultimately get kills a bit differently with Sonic and Falcon but the basic principle to winning with them is essentially the same for them.

Hive

Smash Lord
hey, why all the samus hate :(
I know she was nerfed big from melee especially in timing and ko moves, but I still think her zair and missile combos at least help her above falcon, ganon, yoshi, and sonic..... i mean judging by how many characters she has advantages over tournament-wise... is more than either of them...

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
ganon being compared to falcon in bad....... nope ganon has it all
he has a beard, he has ..every single move he has is a KO move and every single move he has KO's better then falcons best KO move accept maby the knee
ganon does damage about 20 times quicker then falcon
ganon take forever to kill although he is easier to rack up damage on
ganon is not as bad as falcon - falcon is worst in the game sorry thats just how it goes

Top Bottom