• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DNA Gaming & Entertainment #13, 1/22/11 Worcster, MA - Results

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Singles:

1: Atomsk

2: Dr. Whatever cancer I don't remember Koolaid (Koolaid)

3: Fatal

4: Bizkit

5: Bloodcross

5: TeeVee

7: Pelca

7: Gaston (Cawesome)

9: Allied

9: Peachkid

9: Almo

9: spiderjerusalm

13: Cody
13: Duke
13: Dawall
13: Adept
17: NT3k
17: Salmon
17: Josh
17: Copacetic
17: Sails
17: Haggs
17: Chii
17: Majority
25: Earth
25: Array
25: Landry
25: AKC12
25: Steve
25: Geedo
25: Zak
25: Qubed
33: Jorm
33: BFI
33: Sphere
33: Alex
33: Ice Arrow

Bracket Image:
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8027/singles.gif

Doubles:

1: Fatal + Koolaid
2: Atomsk + Allied
3: TeeVee + Izumi
4: Bizkit + Pelca
5: The Proto men
5: Riot + Peachkid
7: Sphere + Fats

Bracket Image:

All Brawl:

1st/2nd: Koolaid/TeeVee/Verm/Bloodcross (Split, ran out of time)
3rd: Pelca/Riot
4th: Izumi/????
Rest I don't remember

Thanks to everyone that came, this tourney was a lot of fun. Was nice seeing a bunch of new people come and enter, hoping they all come back. Sorry Atomsk, not putting ROB for your chars that would be embarrassing for us LMAO.

AllBrawl was fun, was ridiculous to run, but now I have a good idea of how to run it (and run it faster). I'll probably try it again next time.

Was happy at turnout. Was very unhappy with lack of setups. Imagine how much better this tourney would have been with more setups!

NEXT DNA IS FEBRUARY 26TH!!!

Almo

Smash Ace
Bloodcross used MK to beat me.

Pelca used Diddy in bracket i think.

Atomsk used Marth a few times but i dont think he was trying in those particular sets so i doubt that counts.

lol allied.

shoutouts tomorrow, i'm exhausted.

Good tourney, great turnout.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Spider Jerusalem used ZSS as well. Not that it matters.

"You don’t learn journalism in a school. You learn it by writing ****ing journalism. You teach yourself to wire up your own brain and gut and reproductive organs into one frightening machine that you aim at the planet like a meat gun –" -Spider Jerusalem

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Almo-

at this time last year i lost to dawall. But i see that you have defeated him. Almo, you are the greatest player i've ever known.

-your #2 fan
adam gibson

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Good stuff trevor

Fatal is extremely impressive OoS, but still loses to koolaid. If koolaid is improving at the same rate as fatal, that's wild. Good stuff for beating both of them, Trevor

Almo

Smash Ace
Almo-

at this time last year i lost to dawall. But i see that you have defeated him. Almo, you are the greatest player i've ever known.

-your #2 fan
adam gibson

Yume entered as Dawall, so now i finally beat Yume haha. Never played Dawall.

Thanks though.

Almo

Smash Ace
shoutout time :)

1: Atomsk- good job winning, i was kinda hoping we would play at some point but oh well, maybe next time.

2: Dr. Whatever cancer I don't remember (Koolaid)- i officially hate playing you. thanks. lol nah i'm jk, that was actually a really fun set and i learned the mk ditto somewhat. Coming back to the stage is hard though lol

3: Fatal- fun money match, i learned a little.

4: Bizkit- good tourney, i wish we had played though. All Brawl was funny my squirtle too good :D

5: Bloodcross- **** YOU AND **** BRINSTAR. seriously though, gg's, i just gotta keep a level head like i did game 1.

5: TeeVee- i'm very upset i didn't save those matches so i could learn how ROB works more from videos, but that was probably my most fun set in the tournament. It's always fun playing you. Next time it might swing the other way, ya know? ;)

7: Pelca- good seeing you dude and playing you. Vs. Koolaid...it happens. Fatal told me he's lost to ADHD like 9 times and has come close, and he's lost to Koolaid like the last 8 times or whatever. It's expected to have sets that you just lose over and over, but no one can win forever. You got this next time. Also don't blame your team losses on Bizkit, you guys were a team.

7: Gaston (Cawesome)- nice on 7th, surprised to see you at this tournament.

9: Allied- yo seeing you at tourneys is always a blast. we should team one of these days.

9: Peachkid- good stuff vs. bizkit and bloodcross. I hope we can both break into that top 8 soon at stacked DNA's lol

9: Almo- Why
?

9: spiderjerusalm (MDM)- good stuff on beating Bass and adept. I wish we played today it seemed like we both played better than we normally do.

13: Duke- good seeing you man, i dont think we played :(

13: Dawall (Yume)- fun set, finally beat you haha. i look forward to playing you again.

17: Salmon (Bass)- fun money match, we have to play more so i can learn kirby. good seeing you

17: Sails- i wasn't trying to be a ****, i was just trying to play the match seriously. Don't get so worked up over losses also. I know your set with Yume may have been frustrating, but it happened to me before twice, then i just practiced a ton and the results showed when i played him yesterday. chin up.

17: Haggs- gg's man, falcon is a horrible character lol. Your lucas is still solid though.

17: Chii- All Brawl whoooooo

25: Array- fun friendlies, your ness surprised me.

25: Landry- fun set, i can see your diddy improving if you play some more.

33: Sphere- don't worry dude, in 2008 i was rolling > fsmash as marth. Anyone can get better if they put the time into it. Anytime you want to play at tournaments let me know.

Singles was awesome, All Brawl was hilarious, IHOP was fun, can't wait to be back for DNA 14.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Sad I wasn't able to enter, but I need to pinch my pennies if I'm gonna go to Viridian and Pound. :X

AllBrawl was way too fun though. It's a brilliant concept. It's a game entirely of smarts with a little luck thrown in. Chaotic, yet fully functional. I also wish I'dve gotten some of those replays, especially the one with the sudden death at 75m against Pelca. xD

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Guys...
I won a set at singles.
That's all.

Had a great time. Wish I could have stayed for more AllBrawl. And for once I'm pleased with how I performed. Hopefully that'll continue on.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Keeping it consistent : D Haven't gotten 5th or 7th in NE Ina while. GGs every1

and koolaid is good lol I have no shame in losing to him and I came last hit game 5 with atomsk. I played great just came up short. Also, I think I do better OOR because I feel like i need to prove stuff and I don't need to that in NE really anymore, but idk. :3

TeeVee

Smash Lord
shout outs to atomsk for puking dog food on the way home

shout outs to me and izumi for having good chemistry in teams, 1st time teaming

shout outs to me and koolaid for winning every single 3rd event we enter (low tier doubles, random singles, all brawl)

shout outs to allied for being allied

shout outs to snake for being my cryptonite

shout outs to me for almost losing to almo which in effect is gonna give him an extra reason to start blogging (sorry guys)

shoutouts to the cool kids that i didnt mention like sphere ace riot verm pelca fats etc theres more too many to list

nvm im still going to viridian

warrenb

Smash Apprentice
Shoutout to my carpool, we da bess.
Shoutout to Kate the best Zelda,
Shoutout to X factor for getting hit by HEADSHOTS.
Shoutout to Allied for playing Sentinal, Cable, CapCom and ****** my Akuma/Storm/Captain America with just his assist buttons LOL

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
1: Atomsk - GGs. I have no business with the MK Ditto anymore and I thank you for reminding me lol. Glad I got close with Falco, It's finally unrusty.
2: Koolaid - Good stuff. I thought you got rid of that airdodge habit months ago... Atomsk got you harder than I did. Atomsk will look for the grab... pretty much all the time except for at the ledge (Ftilt since it's safe). Just DI up and Dair next time. Anyway good seeing you again, wanted to at least have Ditto friendlies so we both can get better at the ditto (mostly for you when you go OOR).
3: Fatal - Stealth Rock too good
4: Bizkit - GGs. SD was gay but you're Snake so chances are you'd catch up anyway. You're starting to get mad good again. Glad I got close with Falco; I'm bringing it back but I'm still just gonna use MK vs Snake (better at that MU and MK doesn't mind it if he's vsing a Snake at 180% since it's easier to stay away from UpTilt range while still pressuring your shield and not dying).
5: TeeVee - Stop switching characters when you lose. Another thing, PUMMEL MORE. You'll need all the damage you can get plus auto-throwing isn't gonna throw off Bizkit's DI, so there's no point. vs Ftilt, shield and punish. Don't try to rush in that's how you get ****ed by Snake. That's all for now. good seeing you.
7: Pelca - WOW YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD KOOLAID. Oh well, you were playing great as usual. Also, I don't think you have any idea how to fight Falco, but that's my fault since I rarely ever go Falco vs you. I should have you Falco practice since I'm bringing him back anyway.
7: Cawesome - I WILL RETURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Fun seeing you again and glad we didn't play in bracket lol.
9: Allied - Love seeing you. Didn't get to chill but w/e
9: Peachkid - GREAT GAMES! Your Peach is still super **** and I hope those replays get uploaded ^.^
9: Almo - GGs. You almost had me Game 1. BUT DUDE YOU 2 STOCKED KOOLAID ON BRINSTAR, SO HOW CAN YOU GET 3 STOCKED BY ME? Another reason I should stick to Falco on Neutrals on MK on CP's.
9: spiderjerusalm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uemAitWNiNM
13: Cody - Forgot to play you. Your TL was looking good for your first tourney (was it first?)
13: Duke - I THOUGHT YOU WERE HIGH ALL DAY. Fancy seeing you
13. Yume - Atomsk was giving you so much props then he goes to 3 stocks you twice LOL. That haircut was mad sexy not gonna lie.
13: Adept - Worst troll. Stop trying LOL.
17: NT3k - We should have MM'd. You main Ike so I would have lost.
17: Copacetic - YOU WERE HERE? I hate my life.
17: Sails - I learned many things from you. When I rage I'm gonna pull the plugs off the Wii now. TY
17: Haggs - I know I'm awkward :(
25: Landry - Verm told me you and Verm are hitting up my carpool for Viridian City 9? Is this true?
25: AKC12 - You're not getting your charger back. It's Worcester, could be long gone by now.
33: Sphere - I was scared to play you in friendlies :(

Fats - Always a pleasure :3
Verm - Love your guitar solos, sorry I couldn't guess any songs :( Also good **** Top 4 on AllBrawl :)

Fun day.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs to everybody!

Good seeing everyone again, and playing people.

This game is bad, I suck at it. I'm dropping it to pick up Deadliest Warriors with Fatts, so I can just poison his sorry as.s over and over again, and run a the clock.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Sad I wasn't able to enter, but I need to pinch my pennies if I'm gonna go to Viridian and Pound. :X
xD what is this...you come to Massachusetts from New Hampshire for this and then you say you want to pinch your pennies? LOL

yeah so...shoutouts!

X-Factor: Fun matches we had! I did better with Marth against your ICs than with my main...o_O
Majority: Good MM we had. Keep working on that Toon Link, and play me again next time!
Landry: Fun MM we had. Keep working on that Didddy/pikachu, and play me again next time!
Salmon: Great Kirby! Really fun matches, sorry I had to go so soon in the middle of our matches =/ Your Down-B kill on Yoshi's Island was funny. I was not expecting you to slide down the slope ._.
MDM: fun sonic ditto we had xP
Josh: Good :pit: and :rob:, keep practicing and play me again next time!
Pelca: yeeeahhh...I have to learn how to fight flaco lol. Let's play again next time. Teach me this matchup xD Great Falco.
Bye: Noob. learn how to play brawl. and don't get JV 4 stocked next time we play in tourney :I
NT3k: Good snake. I liked to face your Ike though, it was more fun.
Allied: LMAO this was you?? I didn't even realize it was you I was playing. You didn't use "Alied" as your tag so I didn't know xD Good MK and Snake.
Top Tier Characters: stop appearing so much in my tourney brackets. You're really starting to bug me :mad:
Sails: awwww yeeeahhh my first offline timeout :cool: lol fun money match. Honestly I have never played Diddy vs Sonic like, ever, so I figured if I just camped the whole match and played it safe I would win. It worked! :bee:
TeeVee: good seeing you again and good stuff beating Almo (I watched this set). Teach those dumb bandwagon MKs a lesson. lol. Next time we should MM or friendly again!
Chi: Good lucario and fun matches we had! Tippers ftw :cool:
Person with the tag "XPECT": Good Samus and Luigi! Fun matches.

Everyone else who I forgot to mention but played or talked to: Nice seeing you again, play me at the next tourney!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
xD what is this...you come to Massachusetts from New Hampshire for this and then you say you want to pinch your pennies? LOL

Yeah. I spent a grand total of 18 dollars yesterday. Even in the event I spent more, the term "pennies" in the context of going to a national tournament 800 miles away should be a good indicator that we're not talking about the chump change required to attend DNA.

Top Tier Characters: stop appearing so much in my tourney brackets. You're really starting to bug me
New England is 99% top tiers.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Idk what kind of car you were riding there...or if it's just Ganon's majestic horse...but for me, gas alone cost way more than $18 lol...

but then again you're in concord so you're closer to Worcester.

and yes I have noticed that about New England unfortunately :(

Landry

Smash Ace
1: Atomsk - I had a good time playing P:M with you and Allied. Congrats on 1st.
2: Dr. Whatever cancer I don't remember Koolaid (Koolaid) - I didn't really talk to you but I watched a lot of your matches. Good job, you played really well.
3: Fatal - I didn't talk to you either, but again, good job. It was nice to be able to watch your Snake in person
4: Bizkit - Nice to meet you. You ran a great tournament and I look forward to coming to more of them
5: Bloodcross - Yeah, I would totally love to get in on the carpool with you guys to VC if you'd have me :)
9: Allied - P:M friendlies were fun. Nice to meet you.
9: Peachkid - I'm sad I never got to play against you but it was great to meet you and I HOP was awesome
9: Almo - Good games and everything. I look forward to playing you again.
13: Cody - Good games, let's do it again.
17: Josh - I had fun playing your Pit.
33: Sphere - Nice to meet another NH smasher.
Verm - Man, it was really awesome to meet you. I had a great time talking with you and the drive down and back was great. Thanks again for introducing me to so many people. You're awesome.
Everyone else who's name I didn't catch/forgot - Nice to meet all of you. Dinner at I Hop was really fun. Thank you to everyone who talked to me and helped me adjust to the new region.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Idk what kind of car you were riding there...or if it's just Ganon's majestic horse...but for me, gas alone cost way more than $18 lol...

but then again you're in concord so you're closer to Worcester.

and yes I have noticed that about New England unfortunately :(
LOL

My malevolent steed.

I carpooled with Landry. Costs us 10$ each for gas. As for NE's top tiers, it's something you get used to after a while. Glad to see TV sticking it out with ROB some more though. That's one less person in NE who's defected from their main for MK or someone like him.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite honored that Yume used my name for this tourney. I'm not even sure if people really remember me since I went to like 3 tournaments. It makes me feel like I should get back into the scene. However, I'm in Geneva right now, so hopefully I'll be smashing with you guys in the fall.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Glad to see TV sticking it out with ROB some more though. That's one less person in NE who's defected from their main for MK or someone like him.
technically he defected from MK to ROB

you traitor!

dawall! I never played you in tournament but I remember you from BU smashfests, you should def go to more stuff when you get back IMO

TeeVee

Smash Lord
i went rob because i had given up LOL

i expected to lose to almo after the 1st game so i was like w/e and just went rob. and i went rob vs atomsk as a suicide mission because i just didnt care , i didnt have fun at all playing yesterday except in all brawl.

Top Bottom