• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMG's Wario Guide Stuff Blah Stuff

tolore

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I'm a brawl noob and I had a question about marth. Is it best to ground tech his grabs or air tech them, on levels with platforms it seems if I'm at the right spot under the platform he can't do anything if I air tech, but i'm not sure which is better anywhere else.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey there, I'm a brawl noob and I had a question about marth. Is it best to ground tech his grabs or air tech them, on levels with platforms it seems if I'm at the right spot under the platform he can't do anything if I air tech, but i'm not sure which is better anywhere else.
U mean Air Break or Ground Break?

Ground Break is EASILY better than an air break... EASILY.

tolore

Smash Rookie
good to know, I didn't even know you COULD ground break last time I played against marth. Now i just have to figure out how :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can only do it if they mess up, as they have to be pummeling you when you break if you want to break on the ground.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
for those who havent looked at the pika boards this was found out recently. i thought i should let you guys know to watch out for it, but i dont really see it happening anyway. pikachu has a 0 death dthrow cg on you on the edge of platform. here is the vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPjX7hY-jU&feature=channel_page i think with warios mass you would be able to DI the usmash and live, but regardless its a free cg to 120.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wow... talk about situational. This is just as dangerous as us getting "grabbed off the edge" by characters the likes of MK and/or everyone that isn't Diddy and has a setup for it... meaning not dangerous at all. If you get the CG, then good for you, but I don't really see it happening to anyone good XD

Thanks for the info, though!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I wonder if you can add DI into this to affect his trajectory before he reaches 120%.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can't DI throws until after the stun... don't know why the length of the throw doesn't seem to change when done there o_O

I wish I could go to No Koast, but Hylian isn't going and I have no ride from all the way down here in Austin T_T

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I love the way you Wario guys, when another horrible grab problem is found just shake it off. If that Pikachu thing had been discovered for someone like MK, everyone'd be like O **** MK COUTNERZ!¬?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I love the way you Wario guys, when another horrible grab problem is found just shake it off. If that Pikachu thing had been discovered for someone like MK, everyone'd be like O **** MK COUTNERZ!¬?
I think Meta Knight would have a harder time dealing with grab release crap than Wario, even if all they got was a free Smash.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well.. it's also something that has to be done on a platform, and at the edge of said platform, so the requirements are pretty strict. If we weren't Wario, and everyone had ground break infinites, THEN we'd worry, lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Updated first 4 character pictures, gonna finish the rest by today hopefully.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Sooo... you should tell the luigi boards when you're gonna do luigi again (though it looks like you just havent done him yet), because we have wario as 60:40 or 65:35 Luigi's favor.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's ok, we enjoy it when people overestimate the matchup in their favor :X
Blue sHell and I actually were the people screaming in their faces that Luigi ***** Wario lol. This is our fault, not theirs.

I will go over it sometime soon.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
LOL you guys have wario ddd at 60:40. Clearly you are all ******** stop listening to trolls like stknapknah. LOL aircamp ddd, play a capable ddd then well talk

j
Didn't he make you kill yourself b/c this worked so well against you on Green Greens? I thought so. Also, we're the ones that told him to camp you. And we have tested this out so like... you go troll somewhere else, kthx.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
That dbag posted that? Lol well my ddd is trash which is why I pointed that out. One grab by ddd on greens is death for wario. Again, I don't play ddd, so the fact that he can play like a ***** against a character I really don't know how to play really doesn't mean ****
BC is a tr0ll

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That dbag posted that? Lol well my ddd is trash which is why I pointed that out. One grab by ddd on greens is death for wario. Again, I don't play ddd, so the fact that he can play like a ***** against a character I really don't know how to play really doesn't mean ****
BC is a tr0ll
Eh I dunno, Green Greens is an alright CP if you stay on the platforms, and he can run pretty well under the stage too if he needs to. :0

But yes, I think Wario has the advantage over Dedede on the majority of stages. If you disagree, then tell me why.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He just said his D3 is bad, thus it shouldn't even matter what he thinks :\ Also, Futile used to beat notable D3s on this stage when they'd take him here.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
right because i have to main a character to understand their strengths and weaknesses @.@
d3 can sheild grab wario off the bike. utilt, nair, bair, uair, fair beat warios dair (granted some are to slow to use effectively), d3's grab range is ridiculous and chaingrabs and grabrelease **** wario (again, wario is very hard to grab but it will happen).
d3 has a clear advantage. is it unwinnable for wario? no. however, d3 has a very good air game regardless of his terrible air speed. d3's bair >>>anything wario can throw at him. it outranges and out prioritizes every one of warios air moves, save uair (but if the d3 plays it right he should never be above wario). this is 60:40 in d3's favor.
i understand wario is a very good character and hard to grab and all that jazz, but you guys are overhyping him waaaaaaaaay to much

sluys

Smash Journeyman
right because i have to main a character to understand their strengths and weaknesses @.@
d3 can sheild grab wario off the bike. utilt, nair, bair, uair, fair beat warios dair (granted some are to slow to use effectively), d3's grab range is ridiculous and chaingrabs and grabrelease **** wario (again, wario is very hard to grab but it will happen).
d3 has a clear advantage. is it unwinnable for wario? no. however, d3 has a very good air game regardless of his terrible air speed. d3's bair >>>anything wario can throw at him. it outranges and out prioritizes every one of warios air moves, save uair (but if the d3 plays it right he should never be above wario). this is 60:40 in d3's favor.
i understand wario is a very good character and hard to grab and all that jazz, but you guys are overhyping him waaaaaaaaay to much
i'm guessing this guy hasn't been keeping up with the recent discussions about camping ddd and how stages determine how the matchup is favored. ddd is slower than wario.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, seeing as GOOD D3 players that actually USE THEIR CHARACTER AGAINST WARIOS IN TOURNAMENT agree iwth us, your opinion doesn't matter.

Also, GW is the best character on paper (I mean, he can kill everyone at 70, right?), but he loses to a lot of people, get your theorycraft out of here.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
DMG, our boards have Wario as 65:35 for Marth. Comparatively speaking, I do think he is Wario's worst match-up. Without the grab releases, it would probably be closer to 60:40. But those, along with Marth's natural advantages, make Wario quite a bit easier than our current 60:40 match-ups.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has already been talked about, but does anyone have trouble fighting luigi? I can't seem to fight aggressively against him because his bair out prioritizes like everything. Idk why i'm struggling to beat him, but he's harder than i thought

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You're not supposed to fight him aggressively. You're supposed to abuse his short-ish range and complete lack of aerial mobility (comparatively speaking).

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I tried after a few matches to hold off, and I found my self sh neutral airs and retreating after a lot. It worked occasionally, but I never really played a good luigi before, so fighting him was a whole new experience.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well, seeing as GOOD D3 players that actually USE THEIR CHARACTER AGAINST WARIOS IN TOURNAMENT agree iwth us, your opinion doesn't matter.

Also, GW is the best character on paper (I mean, he can kill everyone at 70, right?), but he loses to a lot of people, get your theorycraft out of here.

Ike is the best character, he can kill everyone a 40 right?

There are more things to theorycrafting than killing. He has a few weaknesses. =\

Top Bottom