• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That said if Sora gets in today and he doesn't bring Disney stuff with him?

Keep him. That series is big because it's the biggest crossover in gaming that isn't Smash Brothers. If you don't acknowledge that and Disney didn't fully play ball? I'd be so disappointed in how the series was represented.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean if you say so, but I have ALWAYS heard Disney played a hand in the change as well. Because of course you don't want the cartoon graphics that Kingdom Hearts employs to encourage children to beat up Mickey Mouse. It's different when you're beating up say Malifcent or Jafar. They're villains, but once you start hitting Mickey/Donald/Goofy, etc?

Disney's gonna get weird about it.
Nah, it's people who just misheard what was said and it goes down the line as a fact, when a simple research shows the truth.

Dissidia started as a KH spin-off, but it was basically never in pre-production phases or even left the "simple note on a table" phases of Nomura's mind.

Nomura wanted to make this game and then, when thinking about disney characters fighting in this Advent Children style of gameplay, but just thought it would be weird to see them do so and be that hetics.

And then, FF's birthday happened and he got this fighting game idea back for it.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
That said if Sora gets in today and he doesn't bring Disney stuff with him?

Keep him. That series is big because it's the biggest crossover in gaming that isn't Smash Brothers. If you don't acknowledge that and Disney didn't fully play ball? I'd be so disappointed in how the series was represented.
I'm no lawyer, but I FEEL like if you were gonna have the licensed imagery of the Mickey Mouse insignia head thing that dangles off the Keyblade, you might as well have the mouse himself.

Or don't... because GOOFY'S BETTER ANYWAY! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHOTS FIRED OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

A-Hyuck! Gawrsh

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm no lawyer, but I FEEL like if you were gonna have the licensed imagery of the Mickey Mouse insignia head thing that dangles off the Keyblade, you might as well have the mouse himself.

Or don't... because GOOFY'S BETTER ANYWAY! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHOTS FIRED OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

A-Hyuck! Gawrsh
Goofy does in fact have the one braincell in the Kingdom hearts trio.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Since this is the final presentation, let's do a conspiracy theory.

Imran Khan posted this image. It's a picture with two things in focus. The mountain, as the caption added, and the sky.
Guess what sky is in japanese.

Sora is in:4pacman:

I hope I'm not right.

SKX31

Smash Master
I do wonder how seriously Mii Fighter costumes sales are taken into account as far as future character selection. Probably not much but it is interesting to think about.
FWIW, while Nintendo don't share that data officially, I wouldn't be surprised if they use the Mii costume sales numbers in conjunction with other data points - in Smash 4's case they could corroborate the Ballot data with the Mii costume sales and share that to Sakurai. They might do something similar post-Ultimate: combine Mii costume sales with something else to try and see if there's consistency between say Mii costume sales and how often certain characters are talked about / how popular they are.

Anyhow, final hour time? Sticking to Arle / Adol as the primary characters to watch out for here since they both have quite a lot going for them, but I'm not gonna say they're anywhere near safe picks - a whole host of characters are still (as far as we know) in the running.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Goofy does in fact have the one braincell in the Kingdom hearts trio.
That feeling when you use your powers of DARKNESS to turn into a boat... only to be defeated by GOOFY!

Gather a dozen or so dudes wrapped in pitch black cloaks to fulfill the machinations of evil? Their undoing is GOOFY!

Assemble an elite team of Disney Villains in pursuit of more power and knowledge than you can ever imagine? Not if GOOFY has anything to say about it!

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
I mean, are y’all really going to fret over a Mickey Mouse insignia on the end of a keychain?

This question is redundant. Of course y’all would.
Kingdom Hearts can be represented with little to no Disney content, and still be an apt representation of the series.

Just say you don’t want Sora. Not that it matters, we have one more fighter in 45 minutes, and I highly doubt it’s him anyway.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean, are y’all really going to fret over a Mickey Mouse insignia on the end of a keychain?

This question is redundant. Of course y’all would.
Kingdom Hearts can be represented with little to no Disney content, and still be an apt representation of the series.

Just say you don’t want Sora. Not that it matters, we have one more fighter in 45 minutes, and I highly doubt it’s him anyway.
It's not about not wanting Sora. It's about wanting Sora to represent what made him a gaming icon in the first place. And the fact of the matter is? Kingdom Hearts whole traction and blow up as a gaming series was because it was the sheer insanity of the guys who made Final Fantasy making a Disney game.

I see this said all the time when people say ''It'd be fine to represent this series with little to no Disney content." and no no it would not, because this series is partly and largely famous because it brought Disney characters into a video game world in a way they'd never been before.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Watch it be a Nintendo First party. Like another Fire Emblem. Or Waluigi.
That's the kind of Bloodbath I'm expecting.
I want Sora, from the bottom of my heart I want him.
I'm just not expecting him.

I'm still on the DOOMPOSTING of just ending on Cinderace or random first party.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
For the purposes of Smash Bros, one can easily fetch together a Spirit Board and stage and have Sora in Smash be Kingdom Hearts-exclusive, since Sora on his own is still requested enough to have made a splash, Disney or not.

I’m just wondering how Sakurai’s gonna explain Kingdom Hearts while Disney has a tactical SWAT team ready the moment Sakurai wants to say Donald Duck. Like, an introduction to Kingdom Hearts without Disney is gonna need a very blatant workaround.

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
It's not about not wanting Sora. It's about wanting Sora to represent what made him a gaming icon in the first place. And the fact of the matter is? Kingdom Hearts whole traction and blow up as a gaming series was because it was the sheer insanity of the guys who made Final Fantasy making a Disney game.

I see this said all the time when people say ''It'd be fine to represent this series with little to no Disney content." and no no it would not, because this series is partly and largely famous because it brought Disney characters into a video game world in a way they'd never been before.
I’m standing by what I said. It’s just a matter of agreeing to disagree. Yes, Disney owns Kingdom Hearts, and yes, the Disney Worlds were the original hook, line, and sinker that got people into the franchise. However, as more games released and the story got more complex, there is enough original source material to give Kingdom Hearts adequate and accurate representation without having to saturate it with Disney content.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
What if its Chrono? Chrono Trigger was released way back in 1995 and its true that it got ported later to PS1/NDS/Mobiles but there are many younglings who probably wouldn’t recognize him.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wouldn't be surprised if Sora got revealed that Sakurai would discuss the Disney Game&Watch games listed in Brawl's chronicle.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
What if its Chrono? Chrono Trigger was released way back in 1995 and its true that it got ported later to PS1/NDS/Mobiles but there are many younglings who probably wouldn’t recognize him.
That's one of the most based anime swordfighters we could get. I'd be down.

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
For the purposes of Smash Bros, one can easily fetch together a Spirit Board and stage and have Sora in Smash be Kingdom Hearts-exclusive, since Sora on his own is still requested enough to have made a splash, Disney or not.

I’m just wondering how Sakurai’s gonna explain Kingdom Hearts while Disney has a tactical SWAT team ready the moment Sakurai wants to say Donald Duck. Like, an introduction to Kingdom Hearts without Disney is gonna need a very blatant workaround.
Shoot to kill trigger words include mouse, goofy, princess, magical, imagination, etc. 😂

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean Crono is on that seven squares leak…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom