• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I keep getting spam redirects about how I'm the billionth Google user whenever I go on this site.

OBVIOUSLY SPAMTON IS [[Challenger Approaching]]

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
So what's everyone's final predictions.

Still betting Ahri or Waluigi.
I think it’s going to be Master Chief, Doomslayer, or Jonesy.

That’s my prediction.

My heart wants Sora, but I just have a feeling it’s not him.

Good luck to everyone today, and remember if it’s not who you wanted, it’s okay.

*curls up with cat to cry about Sora.”

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
The anticipation for the presentation is always worse for me than the reveal because of the high expectations.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Nah, this round of Mii Costumes will be a fun bonus since we know it's the last fighter. Unless the presentation somehow leads with those.... Lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As we wait and Nick All Stars come out today?

You know who would have a fire ass Smash Brothers alternative but they'd never do it since they seem to hate their characters and properties fighting one another?

Walt Disney.

Those mother****ers own so much.

You could have ****ing Darth Vader vs Gonzo vs Mickey Mouse vs Peter Griffin.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Might as well reiterate the summary I posted before E3, but this time as an actual farewell to an era:

Brawl speculation was insane and the game was too, a fundamental part of growing up for many of us

Smash 4 speculation was better than the actual game, not that the team should have any regrets for their choices

Ultimate is even better as a game than the speculation scene, yet it's still been a hell of a ride and an honour to share

I didn't get everything I wanted, but I'm still extremely satisfied. My last wish would be that the final character not be someone who's never been on a Nintendo console, although I can acknowledge if it does happen it will make an extreme number of people happy.

I'm on "team reboot", even if it hurts Bandana Dee and Karate Joe's chances in the future. Quality Over Quantity will draw in less eyes, but hopefully the ones that it does will come away more satisfied. I think that makes sense? Sakurai will return (in spirit if not in body)

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I've been a lurker for years and Ultimate DLC is the first hype cycle I've been invested in from start to finish. I got Joker right off the bat and Sephy in the middle of the second pass so who ever the final character is you won't see any complaints from me. Ultimate has already shattered all my expectations.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Wow, I thought I'd miss the presentation, but turns out it was one hour later than I thought.
I'll get to see it live after all \o/

Now I have to deal with getting super anxious about it though.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos

You know who would have a fire ass Smash Brothers alternative but they'd never do it since they seem to hate their characters and properties fighting one another?

Walt Disney.

Well, there's Kingdom Hearts...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Walt Disney.

They are just leaving this perfect money making opportunity out to die. I would pay good money for this.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, just a little over an hour left. I must say, while I've absolutely enjoyed this crazy ride, I've... more or less been on the speculation train since Smash 4 was initially teased in, like, 2011 lol. There's definitely a feeling of relief that this is all coming to an end soon.

Still, it's kinda hard to think that we're essentially in the dark about the future of this series after today. I don't know when the next game happens, or how they'll even begin to approach it, but hey, maybe it's for the best that we don't have to think about that for a while. Ultimate is a crazy ass game that'll certainly be hard to top.

No idea what this place will look like after today, but if you're gone after all of this is said and done, well, thanks for coming. There's definitely been some cool people on here over the years. I might hop on over to the social thread from this point, but real life hasn't exactly been too kind to me lately so it'll probably be infrequent.

Hopefully today's character will be a good bookend to this long journey. I'm not expecting everyone to be happy (which rarely happens anyways lmao), but it's the last time we'll get to experience this for who knows how long. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I forgot that in my Country 9 AM is actually 11:30 AM, oops.

Walt Disney.

Dave the Barbarian or bust.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Epic ''Oh, bugger!''.jpg

I forgot how I would say my goodbye.

Honestly... It's been an adventure. Not a fun one, far from it. But it was rather enjoyable. Full of twists, turns, praises, hatred, the lot. If we ever do get a next Smash game (if it ever happens, per say)... well, let's just say I'd like to make a speculation thread for it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That's how I know they don't like their properties fighting though. Dissida started out life as a Kingdom Hearts fighter. Disney squashed it and thus it became a Final Fantasy fighter.
BZZZT.
Nomura was the one to decide to make a FF crossover instead of KH fighting game.
He thought that the Idea wouldn't work well, and it was FF's anniversary.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
All this Sora talk... what if we added some Mimi to it and then baked it into a cake... then we'd have a SORAMIMI CAKE, and THAT'S how Azumanga Daioh gets into Smash!

Better go wear a sun hat and stand in the hallway singing happy birthday to myself

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
BZZZT.
Nomura was the one to decide to make a FF crossover instead of KH fighting game.
He thought that the Idea wouldn't work well, and it was FF's anniversary.
I mean if you say so, but I have ALWAYS heard Disney played a hand in the change as well. Because of course you don't want the cartoon graphics that Kingdom Hearts employs to encourage children to beat up Mickey Mouse. It's different when you're beating up say Malifcent or Jafar. They're villains, but once you start hitting Mickey/Donald/Goofy, etc?

Disney's gonna get weird about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom