• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
At college soon so this could be the last time I interact on here before the reveal and then before the thread gets taken down so I wanna say some words.

It’s been an honour to be apart of smash speculation on here for the last few years. It’s been fun listening to peoples theories and speculation and seeing people listen to My own.

We’ve made some good friends along the way and I hope to see you’s all on here again. Hopefully I’ll see the majority of you lot in the social thread once this is over.

Good luck to those who are hoping for their MW. As dr strange once said, we’re in the endgame now

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't expect one of my most wanted: they're either highly unlikely or already in the game as mii costume or assist trophy.
But hey... never say never! If I don't expect one of them but then it happens, I'll be even happier

7NATOR

Smash Master
At college soon so this could be the last time I interact on here before the reveal and then before the thread gets taken down so I wanna say some words.

It’s been an honour to be apart of smash speculation on here for the last few years. It’s been fun listening to peoples theories and speculation and seeing people listen to My own.

We’ve made some good friends along the way and I hope to see you’s all on here again. Hopefully I’ll see the majority of you lot in the social thread once this is over.

Good luck to those who are hoping for their MW. As dr strange once said, we’re in the endgame now
Good luck in College my Man. I love the Dedication you've shown for the characters you support, So I assume you share that same dedication at College, and also liked that you shared 4chan or other unknown rumors or leaks. Even if fake, gave us something to talk about. yes

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Worth noting that stating in the desc. that the release date would be revealed does not rule out a shadowdrop. Hero's Sakurai Presents had the same thing mentioned, and indeed, the release date was revealed... to be that same day.
I'm not saying to get your hopes up or anything, but with what Shroob mentioned it's definitely a possibility.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe this is the end. I've been speculating Smash since 2007 and if the series goes on hiatus for 5+ years it may be the last time I ever do it. It's crazy how much the roster has grown since I played Melee for the first time and Smash reveals have always been a highlight of my year. For potentially the last time ever, here are my predictions.

Who I want

Crash Bandicoot
Amaterasu
Dr. Eggman

Who I expect
Nahobino
Phoenix Wright
Gen 8 Pokemon

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Good luck in College my Man. I love the Dedication you've shown for the characters you support, So I assume you share that same dedication at College, and also liked that you shared 4chan or other unknown rumors or leaks. Even if fake, gave us something to talk about. yes
Didn’t make any 4chan leaks though that would’ve been funny. Thank you for the nice message

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I haven't posted much in threads like these, but speculating who would be next has always been a ride and a half, despite rarely ever getting **** right. :4pacman:

It'll be weird to have that be a part of the past, but c'est la vie. All good things eventually come to an end, after all.

But seriously... less than 4 hours until the end already. It's so wild... Not sure my brain's even accepted that yet, but it will eventually. It has to.

And if the specula part of my brain can't move on, I guess I always have Nick Brawl :p

Last edited:

CrankyMankey

Smash Rookie
Last post I make prior to the reveal. I haven't been a very actice member, but thank you all for the years of memories. I still remember when I was convinced Artorias would make it in due to that leak all that time ago. See you on the flip side.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Once this thread is shut down I'm probably going to hang out in the Social thread. This won't be the end of me.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I understand the closing of this thread, but it feels a bit haphazard to close all the other threads tbh.

Like, at this point, a lot of said threads have become communities unto themselves. I don't get the logic of forcing everyone into a single thread, that feels like a huge mistake tbh.
wait by closing all threads is this just smash bros threads or are they closing every thread such as the social thread

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well y’all I won’t be able to catch it life so this is my pre announcement post. Best of luck to everyone’s most wanted. I guess it really is time to get off this crazy ride. What a long journey it’s been but man, if I’m being honest I really have loved everything we’ve gotten on it. Having people to enjoy it with makes it even better.

So yeah, thank y’all.

Shroob

Sup?
wait by closing all threads is this just smash bros threads or are they closing every thread such as the social thread
No, the social thread would stay open.

But the logic I've seen tossed around by some staff is "Well, no more speculation, so the character threads go", which sounds like a huge mistake. You're funneling no short of a 100+ people into a single thread.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I honestly wish they'd just, like, keep them open and re-brand them to like "General character support thread".
I agree, at least when the Smash 4 boards were closed the site still had the Groups section where a lot of the character support threads ended up migrating to, but that was removed with the last redesign. I know I at least appreciated still having a Ridley thread after original one was closed at the end of base game speculation.

In my opinion Smashboards needs to do everything it can to keep hold of its users, closing big threads/boards will only lead to people migrating to other platforms such as Discord, which is already making life difficult for traditional forums as is.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't think they need to stay open but there should definitely be that day of grace for people to fit the last checking-in into their schedules. Wouldn't want to come to say farewell only to find you were too late because you weren't there minute by minute. I think a full day is enough.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
It's a bit weird because most of those threads have largely functioned as social communities for characters that we already 99% knew weren't getting in, but that's life. The end of speculation is the end of speculation.

DLC running for two whole years with very limited spots to talk about isn't something that was fully anticipated, and the policy might be worth revisiting if we ever do this again

Wait **** it's been three years of just DLC hasn't it? Wow. The fans probably need a break more than the developers do.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think they need to stay open but there should definitely be that day of grace for people to fit the last checking-in into their schedules. Wouldn't want to come to say farewell only to find you were too late because you weren't there minute by minute.
I mean

The flipside is you funnel literally everyone into the Social thread, which is like, 100+ people, and then no one's happy.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really hope it's not Master Chief.

I know it's kind of a big deal for him to be in Smash and he belongs there, but of all the exciting outcomes that could happen today? I feel like he's the most boring? He's been so speculated at this point that. It just takes away from him actually arriving for me at this point.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I really hope it's not Master Chief.

I know it's kind of a big deal for him to be in Smash and he belongs there, but of all the exciting outcomes that could happen today? I feel like he's the most boring? He's been so speculated at this point that. It just takes away from him actually arriving for me at this point.
Well, uh, he kind of got deconfirmed overnight! So lucky you, I suppose.

Shroob

Sup?
Good point... I never thought of that... Maybe you've got the right idea, then?
Like, you're gonna have people who wanna talk about SMTV news getting drowned out by people wanting to talk about Shantae getting drowned out by people wanting to talk about Touhou getting drowned out by people wanting to talk about Geno getting drowned out by---

It's too much for a single place tbh. The segregated communities let people discuss the topics that they're interested in instead of having to fight a sea of posts.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Like, you're gonna have people who wanna talk about SMTV news getting drowned out by people wanting to talk about Shantae getting drowned out by people wanting to talk about Touhou getting drowned out by people wanting to talk about Geno getting drowned out by---

It's too much for a single place tbh. The segregated communities let people discuss the topics that they're interested in instead of having to fight a sea of posts.
Thanks for this, thinking about it some more I think I agree. That sounds like mayhem, the kind of thing people use message boards over social media specifically to avoid.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, uh, he kind of got deconfirmed overnight! So lucky you, I suppose.
Oh did he? I use to chat here a lot, but like I only lurk every now and then these days. How'd he get deconfirmed?

Sucks for his supporters though. Definitely someone who deserves it.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Oh did he? I use to chat here a lot, but like I only lurk every now and then these days. How'd he get deconfirmed?

Sucks for his supporters though. Definitely someone who deserves it.
Here you go.
It's kind of a shame, I agree. Would've been a great send-off! But y'know, there's still other great choices on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom