• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Sakurai posts his last English tweet
Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sakurai definitely wants to make us cry...

EDIT: well... ninja'd
So… Ultimate is the last smash game?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So… Ultimate is the last smash game?
Not by a long shot and it might not even be Sakurai's last game, it's just looking increasingly likely the series future will be done by Nintendo without Sakurai around. The man has done a lot so if he wants to bow here? He absolutely can and should.

But there's no way Nintendo is letting a money maker end with him,

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
That already exists and i feel bad about it. It had so much potential, you can tell the developers wanted to celebrate Cartoon network, but the game itself just sucks.
Hopefully Smash's long hiatus and NASB's arrival pushes CN to reconsider the idea.

A High Quality CN Platform Fighter is the ONLY game that could keep me away from Smash. Granted, that is if the roster mostly relies on Cartoon Cartoon-era, as NASB's roster was a dissapointment to me (blame it on me being a 2000's kid)

Technomage

Smash Champion
Sakurai posts his last English tweet
Edit: :ultgreninja:'d
Well, technically you got :ultgreninja:'d three times. XD

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Aight, we'll be temporarily moving discussion to our dedicated CP11 reaction thread. PLEASE KEEP LEAKS/SPOILERS IN TABS WITH A DESCRIPTOR.

And no, this is not the official closing of this thread... Y'all will have breathing room

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly? Sora deserved it.

and Octoling got a Mii - at least they’re safe for next game

or, yeah imma say it, an expanded edition of Ultimate. If a new Smash game happens and Sora - or really anyone, but more so THE true ballot winner Sora - gets cut, there will be riots

I will say those three empty stage spots will still bug me tho

and also, RIP Crono. The only Seven Squares to not appear

maybe spirit events will still run and we’ll get a Chrono Trigger Spirit Event or something idk

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
I'm absolutely not opposed to Sora getting in, but I am opposed to "Sora getting in and we never get a simple KH1/2 port"

Waiting 3 years for a followup on the Banjo-Kazooie reveal was ridiculous and I couldn't bear to go through that again
This is the closest I've ever got to being a prophet

I've waited 20 years to play KH1 so I don't even care about convoluted streaming methods

It's a shame we couldn't get Disney content, but you have to appreciate Sakurai sticking to his principles - if you don't think Disney would have put Mickey in if they could, you haven't been around enough

Night, y'all!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
and also, RIP Crono. The only Seven Squares to not appear

maybe spirit events will still run and we’ll get a Chrono Trigger Spirit Event or something idk
The little disclaimer when they were showing off how much stuff is in the game that said "as of Sept. 2021" makes me think that they're going to have more spirit events beyond this point, at least.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Honestly, I am glad I am wrong in both occasions here.

Wrong in that Sora wasn't coming to Smash and wrong in that if Sora did come to Smash, Disney would do some shady deal if Sakurai wanted to use him.

I am glad he both got in and it looks like Disney is being lax right now on his inclusion. For once I am very glad I am wrong here.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
God

I was this close to sleeping through the presentation and catching it later.

I'm soo glad I didn't.
I woke up 10 minutes late so I had to watch the presentation a little late.

Thankfully, I kept a tab open of the stream just for this purpose and was able to sufficiently cover my eyes and rewind it to avoid being spoiled.

And thank god I didn't get spoiled.

Knew that keeping my tabs open would pay off.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I guess us folk who were saying Bayo didn't actually win and pointed out her base model being in the game's code 2 weeks after the poll started were right. :mybodyisreggie:
Even without knowledge of who placed above her, the minute that code came out, the jig was pretty much up.

You're not going to appear in the code if you were selected less than two weeks prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom