• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Currently a bit haggard from a weekend camping trip and have to work through the presentation tomorrow, but mannnn I just had to pop on here to check in. Made my account here the day Smash 4 was shown off; makes sense to make my final post the day of the final announcement.

As always, fingers crossed for Phoenix; I’m going to go out on a wild limb and guess Spyro for tomorrow, since I don’t see much of anyone else saying it.
I would have liked for you to run the Rate Their Chances thread again.

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
What was the second Sakurai tweet today? I only saw the first one.
One tweet in English said I believe for people to please tune in. The second is the tweet in Japanese that has an extra bit about possibly not knowing the fighter. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that is what I have gathered over the course of today.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm now 99% sure it's a third party at the very least.

Hyping up who will be the final Character who will be the final of the Biggest Celebration of Gaming who blured the line between Games series.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty these are my picks for who I want and who I expect. Just putting this out there before the reveal.

Most wanteds (from greatest to least):
1st: Bandana Waddle Dee
2nd: Sora
3rd: Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
4th: Crash
5th: Conker

Most Expecting (from highest to lowest):
1st: Sora
2nd: Kris/Frisk
3rd: Cinderace
4th: Doomguy
5th: Jonesy

NEVER EVERs:
1. Geno + Mallow
2. Primid (Subspace Emissary)
3. Android 21
4. Scorpion
5. Dante

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't think it will be but I suspect it will be the evil chozo from Metroid Dread.
I'd love that, but it probably wouldn't go over well for a lot of people as an obvious marketing pick to end it off on.

wouldn't care tho give me bird

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I have not been here in quite a long time. I have been lurking from time to time, but was pretty active in the beginning of Smash Ultimate through Pass 1.

It is hard to believe we are coming to the end of Ultimate come tomorrow. No matter who the last fighter is, this game is incredible and will never happen again (maybe). I am here for one last ride of speculation, but am going in with no one in mind.

Let's get hype for the end! Or...deep dread. Or maybe both!?

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman

Hyping up who will be the final Character who will be the final of the Biggest Celebration of Gaming who blured the line between Games series.
Okay, yeah there's no way it's going to be Cinderace with flowery language like this.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If nothing else, I think there’s absolutely gotta be something to be said about Nintendo pushing this on all social media fronts as something they WANT people to see.

It doesn’t necessarily mean it will make the pick any more or less obvious, but I must say I can’t get away from the feeling it COULD…COULD be a big one to cap things off on what they literally just referred to as the biggest gaming crossover, “transcending the boundaries of gaming”.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pic of the Day:

Well, this is the last Pic of the Day we're getting before the final character reveal. Pics of the Day were fun to see back in Smash 4, so I'm glad Sakurai decided to do this again during Ultimate's DLC period. Also, this is likely the last pic I'll be posting if Sakurai continues to post pics afters tonight.

And with that, I'll see you all on the other side.
My main in the last POTD before the end

3BFFA319-E8EA-469A-B41E-58AF26AB14AA.png

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I don't think it will be but I suspect it will be the evil chozo from Metroid Dread.
Frankly as a huge Metroid fan who has the Dread Special Edition preordered with drooling anticipation, I would really rather the series not have the shill pick stigma forced onto it as what happened with Fire Emblem. I'll never say no to more Metroid ever, but as an FE fan also the less toxicity present from general perceptions of the franchise, the better.

I'm expecting Dread to get a Spirit Event real soon, probably this week or the next.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If nothing else, I think there’s absolutely gotta be something to be said about Nintendo pushing this on all social media fronts as something they WANT people to see.

It doesn’t necessarily mean it will make the pick any more or less obvious, but I must say I can’t get away from the feeling it COULD…COULD be a big one to cap things off on what they literally just referred to as the biggest gaming crossover, “transcending the boundaries of gaming”.
Transcending the boundaries of gaming eh?

Sora transcends that boundary, he rubs shoulders with Game, movie and cartoon characters!

...Let me dream for one more night.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Time for us to dream one last night. Imagining that we might get actually a banger instead of a whimper.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Legitimately speaking: I'd love to hear an argument as for why Cinderace, Waluigi, King Boo, and other Nintendo characters would "blur the line" between game series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Transcending history and the world, a tale of swords and souls, eternally retold...

It's gotta be. It's him.

Pumped for that Todd MacFarlane copyright on the title screen too 🙌

zumaddy

Smash Ace
There's going to be some backlash if they use all these hype words and it ends up being a Gen 8 starter.... but they ended the main roster of Ultimate on a Pokemon as well so who knows.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Legitimately speaking: I'd love to hear an argument as for why Cinderace, Waluigi, King Boo, and other Nintendo characters would "blur the line" between game series.
bro its called marketing lmao, its actually king boo

the only characters that would literally blur the lines of gaming is spongebob ironman goku hello kitty etc

Last edited:

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
well folks this is it, we been through some good times and bad times but overall, Like I said 4 months ago, it been fun speculating with you guys for 2 years.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
There's going to be some backlash if they use all these hype words and it ends up being a Gen 8 starter.... but they ended the main roster of Ultimate on a Pokemon as well so who knows.
Technically, the last reveal of Smash Ultimate was Joker on it's release day even if it was DLC. :bobomb:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

On the other hand they may just want to get max viewership because of how big this game has been for all companies involved since 2018 (earlier for the ones involved with Smash 4).

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice

Google Translate: "Last fighter announcement, approaching tonight! In the "Last Special Program" broadcast from 23:00 today, # Smabra SP Last Fighter will be released! Please check with your program, whether you decorate the largest number of festivals ever beyond the Game series boundaries."

I'm guessing this is going to be a new third party joining the roster, judging by his language.

Pic of the Day:

Well, this is the last Pic of the Day we're getting before the final character reveal. Pics of the Day were fun to see back in Smash 4, so I'm glad Sakurai decided to do this again during Ultimate's DLC period. Also, this is likely the last pic I'll be posting if Sakurai continues to post pics afters tonight.

And with that, I'll see you all on the other side.
media_FA52OiDWUAsu0ts.jpg?name=orig.jpg

Same energy.

Think maybe I'll stick around in the Social after all. At least for a while. Signing off for the night.

See you folks on the other side of tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom