• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Frisk
Neku
Sora

All the ones I can really think honestly that could be a hint to the last fighter.

And most likely I'm 100% wrong.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
By "let your imagination wild" they were probably looking behind themselves and tried to find a good way to describe the Nintendo execs behind them jumping off chairs, clipping their ties to their collars and ****ing swinging off the lights cos they can't wait for the revenue they're gonna get on Tuesday for some plug character lol

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Imagination theory + Nick Brawls release both point to SpongeBob SquarePants being the Last DLC Character.

Ok got :4greninja:‘d but I’m glad SpongeBob and imagination itself are inexplicably linked in all of our heads

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm gonna be honest, If the Main thing to pay attention is the Imagination part, I have to give it to Sora. Disney is like one of the Main things people might think about when it comes to Imagination, and Kingdom Hearts represents that to a T

If the Main part to pay attention is the "Run Wild" part, then my guess would actually be Shadow the Hedgehog, because Sonic is about Running and Chaos is pretty Wild

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm gonna be honest, If the Main thing to pay attention is the Imagination part, I have to give it to Sora. Disney is like one of the Main things people might think about when it comes to Imagination, and Kingdom Hearts represents that to a T

If the Main part to pay attention is the "Run Wild" part, then my guess would actually be Shadow the Hedgehog, because Sonic is about Running and Chaos is pretty Wild
There's also Neku though and one of his powers is called "imagination". Never played TWEWY though so don't know how it works.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Just saying, but, wouldn’t the best way to let the player’s imagination run wild be a new create-a-character? Either a new Mii class or something else entirely.

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507
Maybe Sakurai introduced himself to the game and has all the moves from every character so you have to customize Sakurai and that let's your imagination run wild.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Imagination? Wild?
The last pack is literally everything. When they said "Everyone is here!" They ****ing meant it!

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Well, as everything rounds out for the final fighter we at least get one more great Smash Ultimate meme with the new "Who the hell are you?" line.

People seem to be taking "let your imagination run wild" as a clue to the nature of the final character but I'm not so sure. I honestly think that this is more a clue to mean that this may be a character that isn't on many people's radar and that few are expecting. Maybe not necessarily big, but at the very least very surprising and something special.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Took a break for a while since I wasn't interested in Smash speculation was tiring.

But if we're looking into Sakurai's word's.

For imagination running wild, the name Yuri while mainly associated with lilies: can also mean Abundant Ideals in Japanese. And the last character is most likely going to have a purple background as it's the 2nd most common color used before green counting both games's DLC.

But i just don't know anymore. It could be anyone at this point.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So just to ask, can the sentence with imagination also be used for something else in Japanese? Cause for some reason, I remembered that in Japanese, some words are also used for something else, since that tends to be part of the jokes in Japanese and when I checked the Japanese word for imagination, it gave me "sozo" or 想像. Supposedly, it also means "guess". And supposedly, the first Kanji is also used for, "idea, thought, concept, think" and the 2nd Kanji is also used for "statue, figure, picture, image".
I didn't find a site that gave me other meanings or play-on-words sorta deal, but there is apparently two other ways to spell "sozo" in Japanese.
The first was 塑像, which is apparently used for "clay figures" or "plastic image".
The second was 塑造,, which is apparently used for "molding" or "modeling".

I honestly do not know if any of that is accurate. An expert on Japanese would be greatly appreciated for clarification and possibly if there could be a play on words in the Japanese text.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Imagination huh?

We're getting Lord Vortech from Lego Dimensions as the final fighter. Because that game's tagline was "You're gonna need a bigger imagination!"

Note: I'm not actually serious here. I actually don't know any game characters who could use imagination other than maybe Maxwell from Scribblenauts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom