• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure all this wacky takedown stuff started in the Geno thread lol. And so did the legacy xp takedown. I'm sure you can guess why but I wonder what it'll take for people to just start taking this stuff at face value if all the logic in the world can be thrown at them but still have there be at least one "but what if" lol.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Ahh, you know I really don't need another FF character. Which is weird because FFIX is one of my favourite games ever, but I wouldn't pick Zidane for Smash. Zidane is amazing to the story, but in combat he's just a hard hitting theif. Outside of his Dyne moves he's not that special. The fun characters to fight with are more like Vivi, Freya, and even though she's not a permanent member, Beatrix. I can't see any of those making the cut though.
Vivi would be great ngl
I'm in a wait-and-see position for actual animated canon Disney content coming with Sora. On one hand, video games only, but on the other, it's debatable for if that applies to just fighters and not just background cameos, especially since that kind of scenario basically applies to Sora alone. Either way our idea of what's possible has been broken time and again.

Really you're gonna have to go through Disney for Sora regardless, but any of those extra crossover cameos likely have a hefty-ass price tag attached. I'm just gonna wait to see if Sora comes with them, and even that that's reliant on Sora coming at all. In short, I think it could happen, but I don't know if that's what would happen.
Even if it does happen there's probably only like 5 reoccurring Disney characters important enough to warrant a cameo of some kind and I don't see all of them being used anyways.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Sephiroth

This was a character that I never thought would happen. What;s wierd is that it ended up being something I really like. I was never the biggest fan of Sephiroth as a character., I like in the original FF7 and that was it, and a big reason was because he was barely in it. His "rivalry" with Cloud was completely one sided, and in the end he only saw Cloud as a tool that he eventually throws away. It's only with the compilation of FF7 did he start to become Cloud's stalker and because he started to appear more which, kind of made me like him less. So imagine my surprise when Sephiroth is revealed in one of the best trailers ever and ended up becoming a highlight of Season 2.

I love the boss like playstyle of the character with powerful imposing attacks. I actually find that despite having completely different movesets, Seph almost has the same playstyle as Ganondorf. Both rely heavily on using their overwhelming power to instill fear (dis pear if you will) into your opponent, forcing that opponent to make a mistake to which you punish with deadly consequences. However a mistake on your part can easily lead to your own death so don't get so cocky.

Northern Cave is probably my favorite stage of the season. I appreciate that it's fairly tame in terms of layout. And yes it's cool that it effectively recaps the ending of FF7.

I really like a lot of the music that came with him, especially the Aerith remix. But I'm not letting Square off that easy. A lot of this should've been here at launch with Cloud. Furthermore, getting nothing from Remake is a big disappointment.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So I saw a 4chan Leak that piqued my interest, not because I think it's real, but because it would explain stuff

/v/ - Sora is the final fighter. There are tons of came - Video Games - 4chan (4channel.org)

So I think compared to the idea that the Bonus pack would include a Mickey Mouse Bonus Fighter, I think this would be a much more reasonable idea, and also why there is Bonus within Fighter Pass 2

Having the Disney content be exclusive from the KH Exclusive content makes some lick of sense. I Imagine with Disney Original characters, there more Rights and Licensing fees with them compared to the KH characters, even if Disney owns both.
The amount of licensing fees for this would be through the ****ing roof.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The one thing I'm wondering about is what Natedrake said before the presentation

This was in the comment thread about characters we won't be seeing join the fight anytime soon. He was adamant about these characters

-Dante
-Crash
-Sora
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Master Chief
-Other "Trending" Characters

Not happening. The only character he said has some sort of Chance was Waluigi, which is quite a response to say

I know Natedrake isn't perfect, and I don't recall him being privy to Smash Leaks, even though he said he was in the know of some of the charcaters in advance. In any case, if we did want to take his Word, I have to wonder what led to the Conclusion that Only Waluigi of these characters mentioned had some sort of chance

My guess is either and/or Combination of the following

-He know it isn't a Company that's new to Smash, in terms of Playable characters or Perhaps Miis. The fact that he discounted Ryu, despite Koei being a Japanese Company, and one close to Nintendo Would perhaps suggest whether Japanese or Western, it's not a New Company

-He knows it's a Nintendo character. Waluigi is Nintendo, but the other characters mentioned are 3rd party

-He Knows that the character is one that's "already in the game". I Imagine it's harder to tell the status of characters that are in Smash in some form, compared to characters that haven't made an appearance. If you hear a Character not present in Smash and Smash in the same connotation, Lightblubs start ringing out

One thing I've seen common among Leaks/Rumors is that while they might hear of a character, the exact situation of how that character is gonna be represented in the game is hard to tell.

One of the big reasons Paraleak Suggested Undertale as one of the Fighters in FP1 was because there was a Music track that was said to be negotiated for, and Up to this point, Music Tracks had not really accompanied the Mii costumes ingame.

I Remember Dante and Dovahkin being suggested as Potential fighters, and then look where they end up, as Mii Costumes

I think the Biggest Tell about whether a Character will show up as Playable or Not is whether they hear of Stages, More Music tracks than necessary, something that would only come with Playable characters. I know bringing him up might look sort of wonky, but it's necessary. Fatmanonice did apprantly hear about Three Houses Stages, and that should have tipped him off into Byleth perhaps being a character. It didn't end up that way, but it is what it is

I went on a Tangent, but the whole story is that If this is to be believed, and that names have come up as CP11 (which I'm sure they have), I Imagine that that none of the big tells of a Potential character (Stages, bunch of Music, Perhaps even Spirits) have come up

In my personal Opinion, it's looking likely to be a Character from a Franchise already in the game, or even perhaps a Character that's already in the game. I think in the cases of Characters or Franchises not represented, like Crash Bandicoot, Sora Kingdom Hearts, and Halo Master Chief, Hearing of Stages or other subsidiary characters as potential spirits would increase the chances of those characters actually being a thing, since they aren't in the game in any form, but it seems that nothing that would come as a Subsidiary for a Character coming to Smash Ultimate as Playable (with their Challenger pack) has been heard

This would drop the chances of something entirely new to smash, and would point in the direction of Something already in Smash. The thing to keep in mind with FP2 is that Steve is the only character that was previously unrelated to Smash. Min Min, Sephiroth, Pyra/Mythra, and Kazuya had some relation to Smash either through themselves or their Franchise being represented in some way, so it might be easier to Dress them in ambiguity since they have some sort of relation to Smash already
Your whole methodology is keeping everything on the table no matter how dubious it is and then just pursuing the ones that will lead you down the paths you want to end up, eh.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I stopped listening to Dunkey 7NATOR when they said Bubsy 3D sucked wrote several paragraphs unironically entertaining the idea of Mickey Mouse as a fighter in Smash.
Sorry if this sounds mean I just can't get over that, you're cool seven guy.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So I saw a 4chan Leak that piqued my interest, not because I think it's real, but because it would explain stuff

/v/ - Sora is the final fighter. There are tons of came - Video Games - 4chan (4channel.org)

So I think compared to the idea that the Bonus pack would include a Mickey Mouse Bonus Fighter, I think this would be a much more reasonable idea, and also why there is Bonus within Fighter Pass 2

Having the Disney content be exclusive from the KH Exclusive content makes some lick of sense. I Imagine with Disney Original characters, there more Rights and Licensing fees with them compared to the KH characters, even if Disney owns both.
This leak reads like the kind of leak someone would write to prove the point that Smash fans are all gullible idiots who will give attention to anything. Let's not prove that point, please.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Twitter is gonna have a field day with this. I’m prepared to see the “doomguy confirmed” tweets for the next few days after this Google translation. I kid not, the translation mentions bullets and h*ll and the first things I saw from people were “doomguy confirmed”

it’s probably a translation error

Funny if not though.

Attachments

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Of the Mega Man Echo Fighter options:
  • Proto Man is the easiest to add.
  • Bass would likely be the most immediately different due to how the Bass Buster works.
  • Roll is a little sketchy as to how she would work, but might actually make people the happiest.
  • Duo is...wait wut?
I want to say of those 3 Protoman is still the most popular, but I don't know for sure.

Aside from that, there's Quint. Which is Satsui No Hadou Mega Man. Could have the Jack Hammer Pogo Stick as a recovery move Instead of Rush. If they really dug deep, Rockman Shadow( who is pretty much Quint, lets be honest,) also has a Sword arm too, so changing the effects on his forward air and back air to reflect that would work, just as well as changing his Leaf Shield, Metal Blade and Crash Bomb to be the custom moves from Smash 4.

7NATOR

Smash Master
You kinda forget that Youtube's copyright system is kinda ass.

Remember, a KOS-MOS mod was officially taken down by Nintendo, not because it was a mod, or because KOS-MOS was even getting in, but because it was "Mario Kart Tour", which it wasn't even.
TBF I've seen tracks get taken down left, right and center for Nintendo. They took down a GTA track at one point, KOS-MOS is apparently in MKT etc. If that's really all he has going in favor of him then I wouldn't say he's pretty likely since takedowns unfortunately don't imply anything. It's likely just that they rely on a bot to do takedowns and they just occasionally go wild because that's just what AIs do. We know full well that the last character isn't going to be GTA and Shadow lol so by virtue of that, it's pretty easy to say they really don't imply much.
Look

Youtube's copyright can be a bunch of Balooney, but I don't think that automatically means there's nothing worth looking at here. as Stated before, Banjo and Sans were in Similiar situations with Takedowns and they indeed come into Smash in some from months after. Similiar thing with Geno having Beware the Forest Mushrooms as his Trailer track

Nintendo of America I believe was the ones to issue the Takedown of Shadow's track, and same thing with Banjo and Sans. For the KOS-MOS thing, that was issued by just "Nintendo". They have issued takedowns before, but I would say rarely, and in a fashion that seems more bot-like compared to Nintendo of Japan or Nintendo of America issuing takedowns

I think what I'm trying to say is that Possibility does not negate the Other Possibility. Yes this could just be Youtube being wonky, but this also could be a Deliberate choice on Nintendo's Part due to conflicts with Future plans, as Banjo and Sans shows. I know that if Shadow is revealed like 3 days from now, that people are gonna look at this Music Takedown as a sign they should have seen coming

I would also like to see the GTA Takedown, would be interesting, cause haven't heard of it till now

But In any case, T Trevenant I want to say this now. Be Prepared to eat your words if the day comes and Shadow is the one that is Smashing the Competition that day. The Music Takedown is one of the few pieces, along with the Other Piece which I'm sure you already know about given your Comment later on, but here is the thing

There's not really any characters that have any sort of Evidence. Besides Shadow, Sora and perhaps Waluigi are the only other characters that have some sort of Evidence that might lead to their Inclusion, and those have Arguments against that like most piece of evidence people have suggested for their characters. There's a reason why People are so all over the place in their Prediction for CP11.

If you want to talk Merits, it's Shadow the Damn Hedgehog. As Controversial as he is, He's a Very Popular and Well Known Character from a very Iconic, Well Known video Game Franchise in Sonic. If he got into DLC, he'd probably be the 2nd Most Well Known character behind Steve. That's reason enough for him to be DLC, and the Arguments people have said against Shadow (Assist Trophy, Echo, other Sonic Characters) have been Argued against, with real reasons and such

Like to be honest, It's actually pretty scary that despite everything that's happened in FP2 so far, people look at Shadow with such an Impossible look it's kind of Freighting. There's still people holding it down like Inferno7 Inferno7 and Sigran101 Sigran101 , and there's few people on 4chan, Smashfaqs, Youtube and Discord, but it's suck a Small Minority.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
They're showing so much more confidence in this reveal than I would have expected them to. I don't think that points to anyone in specific, but it's interesting.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Shroob

Sup?

"Please wait and let your imagination run wild."

They're hyping us, it's clearly Kratos.

Jokes aside, it seems to me that they are over hyping the identity of the character
The fact that they're hyping up the hell out of CP11

Well, it doesn't inherently mean anything since, it's the last character and all, but saying stuff like "Let your imagination run wild" really makes me think it's gonna be a "NO WAY?!!!" kinda chara tbh.

I could 100% be wrong, but hey.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

“Imagination run wild”… what could that hint at?

Sakurai has always included cryptic hints in his retweets

“red eyes” before August 8 = King K. Rool
The three with his hand = Byleth
“Festival” = Steve, this was a reference to minecon
“Play with sound enabled” = Sephiroth, to reference how easily One Winged Angel is recognized
“Hoho” twice = Pyra/Mythra

DAMMIT :ultgreninja: ’d

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
What if the "hint" here is that there is no hint on account of it being the last fighter? "Please wait and let your imagination run wild" - something you'd see on the loading screen of a world's end. I get goosebumps from reading that for some reason.
Bah, I say...

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

"Please wait and let your imagination run wild."

They're hyping us, it's clearly Kratos.

Jokes aside, it seems to me that they are over hyping the identity of the character
Real talk, I'm kind of afraid with how much they're hyping this up. Mainly because I don't see a huge character being saved for last.

I think the hype train is gonna run over a cliff and crash. I want to be wrong, but... man, I just want this to end in relative peace and move on to other games at this point.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I’m reaching here just let me have this but “let your imagination run wild” is a common theme throughout the Layton games.

This cryptic hint thing means nothing though. I’d be more worried about the people who think the phrasing to do with 11 bullets and the phrase “who the hell are you” means “this character is in” or “that character is in”

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice

“Imagination run wild”… what could that hint at?

Sakurai has always included cryptic hints in his retweets

“red eyes” before August 8 = King K. Rool
The three with his hand = Byleth
“Festival” = Steve, this was a reference to minecon
“Play with sound enabled” = Sephiroth, to reference how easily One Winged Angel is recognized
“Hoho” twice = Pyra/Mythra

DAMMIT :ultgreninja: ’d
Whelp
1633226238882.png

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Look

Youtube's copyright can be a bunch of Balooney, but I don't think that automatically means there's nothing worth looking at here. as Stated before, Banjo and Sans were in Similiar situations with Takedowns and they indeed come into Smash in some from months after. Similiar thing with Geno having Beware the Forest Mushrooms as his Trailer track

Nintendo of America I believe was the ones to issue the Takedown of Shadow's track, and same thing with Banjo and Sans. For the KOS-MOS thing, that was issued by just "Nintendo". They have issued takedowns before, but I would say rarely, and in a fashion that seems more bot-like compared to Nintendo of Japan or Nintendo of America issuing takedowns

I think what I'm trying to say is that Possibility does not negate the Other Possibility. Yes this could just be Youtube being wonky, but this also could be a Deliberate choice on Nintendo's Part due to conflicts with Future plans, as Banjo and Sans shows. I know that if Shadow is revealed like 3 days from now, that people are gonna look at this Music Takedown as a sign they should have seen coming

I would also like to see the GTA Takedown, would be interesting, cause haven't heard of it till now

But In any case, T Trevenant I want to say this now. Be Prepared to eat your words if the day comes and Shadow is the one that is Smashing the Competition that day. The Music Takedown is one of the few pieces, along with the Other Piece which I'm sure you already know about given your Comment later on, but here is the thing

There's not really any characters that have any sort of Evidence. Besides Shadow, Sora and perhaps Waluigi are the only other characters that have some sort of Evidence that might lead to their Inclusion, and those have Arguments against that like most piece of evidence people have suggested for their characters. There's a reason why People are so all over the place in their Prediction for CP11.

If you want to talk Merits, it's Shadow the Damn Hedgehog. As Controversial as he is, He's a Very Popular and Well Known Character from a very Iconic, Well Known video Game Franchise in Sonic. If he got into DLC, he'd probably be the 2nd Most Well Known character behind Steve. That's reason enough for him to be DLC, and the Arguments people have said against Shadow (Assist Trophy, Echo, other Sonic Characters) have been Argued against, with real reasons and such

Like to be honest, It's actually pretty scary that despite everything that's happened in FP2 so far, people look at Shadow with such an Impossible look it's kind of Freighting. There's still people holding it down like Inferno7 Inferno7 and Sigran101 Sigran101 , and there's few people on 4chan, Smashfaqs, Youtube and Discord, but it's suck a Small Minority.
Yeah but like, if evidence can only be applied to the few that you mention, then it could just as easily apply to anyone else. If it doesn't apply to the few that you mention then it doesn't apply to anyone lese. This is cos we've had instances of Nintendo taking down tracks before and it absolutely isn't relegated to those few, even if you want to exclude examples similar to KOSMOS. If it was, then I'd imagine it'd be a lot more widespread in the community to begin with. Another user mentioned this, but you do go down a lot of the same avenues and they do eventually lead to the same thing, and as you want Shadow, I wouldn't expect that not to happen. I'm sure you can see it from my PoV. Bringing up stuff like takedowns when I think it's pretty apparent why they just aren't really applicable here, if anything, doesn't really help Shadow's case, because of course, as said, it's kinda clear they just aren't applicable.

Evidence is something that has rock solid logic behind it, and even you admitted that it could just be YouTube going ham which I must say it probably is. My main point here, is if you want Shadow, then yeah, of course try and make an argument for him if you want to, but even when it comes to other people, they usually try to have a bit more of an objective outlook on this stuff. It doesn't usually all happen to lead them to the exact same character they want. It's stuff that you're using to apply to his chances and therefore making him seem more likely even in the cases of stuff, which very likely doesn't mean anything.

I'd happily eat my words if Shadow joins and wish you luck for him to join but just doubt it cos IDK why he'd get in over any other Sonic character. The reason people were considering him for Ultimate to begin with was cos he hypothetically could have worked as an echo, which means he wouldn't have been out prioritizing other Sonic characters who unobjectively were probably better choices in terms of series importance as he'd have been a clone who were based on cut corners anyway, but as we know we're not getting them, I don't think he'd be prioritized for DLC. Say what you will about him also being able to be unique, but so could Eggman and Tails, and they are just way more important and iconic in the series, so I imagine they'd get prioritized if we're talking unique additions.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
"Imagination run wild"?

Damn it Sakurai, that remark about a Natsume character getting in was supposed to be a joke.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hopes and wishes are the only things left. No surprise there with one more fighter remaining.
Screenshot_20210610-081720_YouTube.jpg

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

Dukefire

Smash Master
Preparations for the audience to get ready for the finale. I just hope the internet (or most) will be happy with the last character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom