• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But what about new first party IPs in Smash? Well, unless something major happens, I think we have the majority of first party IPs that will ever be in Smash. That said, I think there are five to watch out for.

Ring Fit Adventure
Astral Chain
Advance Wars
Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven

Ring Fit Adventure and Astral Chain have just recently come out and have been successes. I'm just waiting for Nintendo to commit to either IP by making a sequel or including them in Smash like ARMS. Advance Wars is an older IP with a history of success, but also a history of failure. This new remake may be the shot in the arm the franchise needs and if it stays around, I'd argue its only a matter of time until its included. Golden Sun doesn't have a foreseeable future, but there is significant demand for the IP to make a comeback. If any other IP makes an Advance Wars style comeback, I think it would be Golden Sun. And finally, Rhythm Heaven was already set to be in Smash at one point. It just got cut for some reason. If the franchise has a successful new entry, then I feel it can definitely get a second look and get included.
Here are the groups for those:

You'll Be Fine
Ring Fit Adventure

Just Keep Getting Games and It'll be Alright
Astral Chain
Advance Wars

Good Luck
Rhythm Heaven

Best Start Praying
Golden Sun

SKX31

Smash Master
So uumm does anyone want to talk about Killer Instinct? I'm in the mood for a discussion. I'll start off with what character would you like to see be the rep? KI has a lot of really cool characters with great designs and unique moveset potential. Looking at the list I think Aganos, Aria, Eyedol, Fulgore, Gargos, Glacius, Omen, Riptor, Saberwolf, Kilgore, or Spinal would be really cool. Even if realistically it would probably come down to Jago, Orchid and Fulgore. Although I honestly don't find Jago and Orchid to be that interesting amidst a roster filled with stuff like a cyborg with machine guns for arms and a sabertooth wolf.

If I had to choose one, Fulgore would be the middle ground between who I think would be really cool and what would make sense to be the face of KI in Smash. It is tempting to choose someone else instead like Riptor or Glacius but I know that choosing a random character wouldn't go over well with some people. But in general, KI just has a badass cast.
Fulgore makes a ton of sense: if they choose him I really hope he comes with his Reactor from KI 2013, because that's an amazing super meter and ties into the whole "I'm a ****ing machine of destruction and nothing will stop me" aestetic he has going for him. I'd also welcome Jago and Orchid - sure, they're "vanilla" by fighting game standards (being the closest analouges to Ryu and Chun that KI have respectively), but they have enough differences compared to Ryu and Chun to not only make them stand out but also give them their own flair. Such as their respective weaponry.

That said, out of the rest I'd prefer Spinal. Stands out instantly by being a skeleton (which is a character type Smash has not explored yet), his primary gimmick is a metered Skull Barrier and he uses his shield offensively too (something which is also rare amongst Smash's existing swordusers). I also like the pirate look he's had since KI 1.

Eh, Kid Icarus is 100% safe by virtue of creator bias. I'll sooner see the end of Smash Bros before I see Pit not make it into the next smash and be just as mediocre as he was before.
I blame that on him never learning how to read. :4pacman:

Nah but seriously, while I do agree that he's knee deep in the sea of "Eh, he's okay.", it's worth noting that the sea of mediocrity isn't as bad as it was in previous games and he does have some really good strengths. I just personally think he's held back by the fact that he's has some weird consistency issues (multi-hits, Side B's Reflector sending projectiles whereever for some strange reason, etc.)

Oh and casually he can be a blast to play. Even if I personally have gotten tired of hearing Dark Pit yell "ELECTROSHOCK!" a lot during a game.

(Edited to clean up.)

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
So, I've been thinking about which 1st party franchises Nintendo cares about and which ones might be in danger of being cut in the next game.

So I've put them into different groups.

Flagship Franchises:
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
The Legend of Zelda
Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Mii (and associated franchises like Tomodacchi Life, Pilotwings, etc)

These are Nintendo's big money makers. Cutting these franchises would be utter suicide and each franchise will continue to get a lot of love, care and attention.

Smaller Mainstay Franchises:
Metroid
Yoshi
Kirby
Fire Emblem
Wario Ware
Pikmin

These are franchises that have proven their worth. They make a profit and have a lot of fans, but they aren't as huge as the flagship franchises. These franchises are incredibly safe. They make take breaks, but they usually aren't for very long and Nintendo knows there's still starpower behind the IP. I don't see any getting cut unless the roster is absolutely gutted.

Rising Stars
Xenoblade Chronicles
Splatoon
ARMS

These franchises are all successful so far, but they are newer franchises. That said, if their success continues, then I think all three will either go into Flagship (Splatoon) or Smaller Mainstay (Xenoblade Chronicles and ARMS). At this point in time, all three are pretty darn safe (especially Splatoon), but anything can happen, which brings us to...

Grandfathered In
Star Fox
F-Zero
Earthbound

These series aren't doing too well. All three are either dead or on life support and are way past their glory days. That said, even if Nintendo doesn't give them much care or attention, they are still remembered fondly and are given rereleases and cameos. Even still, I doubt they'd be included in Smash nowadays. Its a good thing all three franchises are already Smash staples. They're a part of Smash's identity at this point, so they're safe.

Retros
Ice Climber
Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt

These franchises got included through different circumstances. It's hard to gauge what will happen with these ones. Nintendo doesn't care about them outside of cameos and historical contexts, but they're all meant to be retro throwbacks. I can see these guys being low priority with only Game & Watch escaping that due to being grandfathered in.

The Awkward Spot
Kid Icarus
Wii Fit
Punch Out!!

Okay so... these franchises are in a spot where I actually think they may be in trouble. All three have... just kind of disappeared. Kid Icarus hasn't seen anything except rereleases since the early 3DS. Wii Fit may be eternally stuck to the Wii brand and Punch Out!! hasn't gotten anything new since... 2009. What's really confusing is that these franchises aren't unpopular or struggling. All three sold well, have a fair amount of brand power and have a lot of fans. Still, their apparent lack of interest may just be... that. Nintendo may just not be that interested in the IP outside of owning it and putting their characters in Smash. I can see Kid Icarus and Punch Out!! scramble their way out of this pit with a big new game but... Wii Fit might be in trouble. Unless Ring Fit Adventure and Wii Fit merge somehow, I don't see anymore Wii Fit games coming out. Wii Fit may go the way of Star Fox and F-Zero and... Wii Fit Trainer hasn't been grandfathered in like Fox, Falco and Captain Falcon. That said, there's still more reason to keep Wii Fit Trainer in Smash then not. They're just probably low priority at this point.

But what about new first party IPs in Smash? Well, unless something major happens, I think we have the majority of first party IPs that will ever be in Smash. That said, I think there are five to watch out for.

Ring Fit Adventure
Astral Chain
Advance Wars
Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven

Ring Fit Adventure and Astral Chain have just recently come out and have been successes. I'm just waiting for Nintendo to commit to either IP by making a sequel or including them in Smash like ARMS. Advance Wars is an older IP with a history of success, but also a history of failure. This new remake may be the shot in the arm the franchise needs and if it stays around, I'd argue its only a matter of time until its included. Golden Sun doesn't have a foreseeable future, but there is significant demand for the IP to make a comeback. If any other IP makes an Advance Wars style comeback, I think it would be Golden Sun. And finally, Rhythm Heaven was already set to be in Smash at one point. It just got cut for some reason. If the franchise has a successful new entry, then I feel it can definitely get a second look and get included.
By and large, I highly doubt Nintendo will ever drop a playable first party franchise again if they can help it. Sure they might leave Lucas and Palutena out to make room for new friends, especially if they have a lot of new IPs they want to promote, but cutting EarthBound or Kid Icarus entirely seems unlikely since Nintendo does looooove reminding people "Hey look at this universe we own!"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly I think we'll have to be on the receiving end of at least a soft-reboot for the cuts to be so extensive they begin to encroach upon original veteran characters from first-party series that don't have an abundance of reps. Those are several of the more "safe" criteria stacked upon each other, so I think the axing would have to go pretty deep to touch them.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So, I've been thinking about which 1st party franchises Nintendo cares about and which ones might be in danger of being cut in the next game.

So I've put them into different groups.

Flagship Franchises:
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
The Legend of Zelda
Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Mii (and associated franchises like Tomodacchi Life, Pilotwings, etc)

These are Nintendo's big money makers. Cutting these franchises would be utter suicide and each franchise will continue to get a lot of love, care and attention.

Smaller Mainstay Franchises:
Metroid
Yoshi
Kirby
Fire Emblem
Wario Ware
Pikmin

These are franchises that have proven their worth. They make a profit and have a lot of fans, but they aren't as huge as the flagship franchises. These franchises are incredibly safe. They make take breaks, but they usually aren't for very long and Nintendo knows there's still starpower behind the IP. I don't see any getting cut unless the roster is absolutely gutted.

Rising Stars
Xenoblade Chronicles
Splatoon
ARMS

These franchises are all successful so far, but they are newer franchises. That said, if their success continues, then I think all three will either go into Flagship (Splatoon) or Smaller Mainstay (Xenoblade Chronicles and ARMS). At this point in time, all three are pretty darn safe (especially Splatoon), but anything can happen, which brings us to...

Grandfathered In
Star Fox
F-Zero
Earthbound

These series aren't doing too well. All three are either dead or on life support and are way past their glory days. That said, even if Nintendo doesn't give them much care or attention, they are still remembered fondly and are given rereleases and cameos. Even still, I doubt they'd be included in Smash nowadays. Its a good thing all three franchises are already Smash staples. They're a part of Smash's identity at this point, so they're safe.

Retros
Ice Climber
Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt

These franchises got included through different circumstances. It's hard to gauge what will happen with these ones. Nintendo doesn't care about them outside of cameos and historical contexts, but they're all meant to be retro throwbacks. I can see these guys being low priority with only Game & Watch escaping that due to being grandfathered in.

The Awkward Spot
Kid Icarus
Wii Fit
Punch Out!!

Okay so... these franchises are in a spot where I actually think they may be in trouble. All three have... just kind of disappeared. Kid Icarus hasn't seen anything except rereleases since the early 3DS. Wii Fit may be eternally stuck to the Wii brand and Punch Out!! hasn't gotten anything new since... 2009. What's really confusing is that these franchises aren't unpopular or struggling. All three sold well, have a fair amount of brand power and have a lot of fans. Still, their apparent lack of interest may just be... that. Nintendo may just not be that interested in the IP outside of owning it and putting their characters in Smash. I can see Kid Icarus and Punch Out!! scramble their way out of this pit with a big new game but... Wii Fit might be in trouble. Unless Ring Fit Adventure and Wii Fit merge somehow, I don't see anymore Wii Fit games coming out. Wii Fit may go the way of Star Fox and F-Zero and... Wii Fit Trainer hasn't been grandfathered in like Fox, Falco and Captain Falcon. That said, there's still more reason to keep Wii Fit Trainer in Smash then not. They're just probably low priority at this point.

Ring Fit Adventure
Astral Chain
Advance Wars
Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven

This is my predictions for the next game's veteran base roster (well, perhaps less a prediction and more what I would probably do). The assumption here is that it will be about the size of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U's roster. My aim was for 50 characters, with 15 of these being newcomers.
Note: Echo Fighters were straight up not taken into account here; I didn't specifically cut them, I just didn't look at them for simplicity's sake. You can pretend all the ones with their base fighter intact are still there if you want.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultlink:
:ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmetaknight:
:ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultness:
:ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultwario::ultsnake:
:ultsonic::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultsteve:
While determining the newcomers is literally impossible right now, I am confident that the following series will get a new character:
  • Super Mario
  • Pokémon
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Splatoon
  • Animal Crossing
  • Ring Fit Adventure
Oh and before someone gets super miffed at me for some of the cuts here let me just say that I'm upset with them too: There really isn't a 35 veteran roster that wouldn't be depressing. I wonder if having 40 veterans and only 10 newcomers would yield a better roster overall...

EDIT: There is a silver lining here in that unless they do some sort of hard reboot games as a service kind of thing (like, small base roster with the promise of more), this is likely the worst case scenario in terms of roster size.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Honestly I think we'll have to be on the receiving end of at least a soft-reboot for the cuts to be so extensive they begin to encroach upon original veteran characters from first-party series that don't have an abundance of reps. Those are several of the more "safe" criteria stacked upon each other, so I think the axing would have to go pretty deep to touch them.
I’d expect around 20 cuts maximum, including the Echo Fighters. Most likely around 10-15 cuts.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yeah... I hate thinking about it, but if Mr. Sakurai leaves smash development as it's leader like George Lucas did Star Wars a reboot feels inevitable. How that plays out no clue but I imagine a new roster with some shills some returners and some getting ghosted.

His philosophy won't ever die imho. Every rep will do their origin justice. And it'll always be a Nintendo top shelf title so we know it won't be a big crap show. They've yet to ruin Mario they saved Zelda after TP they let star fox die... Smash.......smash is forever.! (please don't die smash this can't be your last game ok it could be I love this game.)

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I think at least 25 would be cut if Smash 6 is a soft reboot of some kind.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I’d expect around 20 cuts maximum, including the Echo Fighters. Most likely around 10-15 cuts.
I think it depends on if they want to take the series in a different direction/give it an overhaul or just do more standard affair, because the former could easily prompt a reboot, and a reboot could potentially have extensive cuts.

And frankly a game like Ultimate sets the series up for a reboot more than any of its past titles considering the impetus of its direction and the admitted untenability of continuing down the current path. Sakurai said it himself. Not making any proclamations about the future of the series, but I would more readily anticipate a series departure going forward than I would've in the past.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think it depends on if they want to take the series in a different direction/give it an overhaul or just do more standard affair, because the former could easily prompt a reboot, and a reboot could potentially have extensive cuts.

And frankly a game like Ultimate sets the series up for a reboot more than any of its past titles considering the impetus of its direction and the admitted untenability of continuing down the current path. Sakurai said it himself. Not making any proclamations about the future of the series, but I would more readily anticipate a series departure going forward than I would've in the past.
Sine the roster has reached its maximum capacity, I wouldn't be surprised if the games going forward do what fighting games normally do which is use mechanics as a selling point rather than its roster. I mean, the roster will always be a big part of the hype, but since it's inevitably going to feel like we went from "Everyone is Here!" to "Everyone is Gone!" (not necessarily within the next game, but we will eventually have more cuts than keeps) I think they're really going to have to sell people with new game mechanics, or perhaps a better single player or something.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Another thing to keep in mind is that even if Smash doesn't reboot, if it still builds itself back up from the incipient, foundational level and doesn't just do what it did this time and repurpose the last game, predicting some 20-25 cuts max means we'd end up with roughly 65-70 vets on top of, presumably, a typical amount of newcomers, which is also 20-25. And that brings the roster count right back up to the current numbers, even though we only managed to reach these numbers because of reusing 4 and going from there.

So even if Smash's formula doesn't change much, just by virtue of rebuilding the roster instead of reusing it, if they go that direction, we'd have to get more than 20-25 cuts. Either that or it'd spend much longer in development and cost that much more to make.

Sine the roster has reached its maximum capacity, I wouldn't be surprised if the games going forward do what fighting games normally do which is use mechanics as a selling point rather than its roster. I mean, the roster will always be a big part of the hype, but since it's inevitably going to feel like we went from "Everyone is Here!" to "Everyone is Gone!" (not necessarily within the next game, but we will eventually have more cuts than keeps) I think they're really going to have to sell people with new game mechanics, or perhaps a better single player or something.
I think they are going to have to pivot somewhat to incorporating new mechanics, not insofar as to make the game a success, because it will be a success no matter what, but just to make the game evolve and grow and feel distinct. Plus it's a pretty Nintendo thing to do as well.

That said, in a lot of ways it's hard to look at other fighting games and use them as a barometer for Smash. For one, Smash has a huge huge contingent of players which care much more about Mario punching Steve than having a dedicated input to short-hop. The footprint Smash has is fuelled, let's be honest, more so than by who is going to show up than by anything else. Of course the mechanics are incredibly solid and have resulted in a dedicated community - but the characters are what pushes it to millions upon millions.

Most fighting games don't have that luxury, because their cast is original. Before they're part of the series, they probably don't exist. The cache newcomers hold for a more traditional fighter and Smash is night and day. Though I think developers are getting wise to the power of crossovers, which is why you're seeing them increase from Tekken to Mortal Kombat to SamSho.

To that end, you can delve into new ways to play, or new experiences to give the audience, but when push comes to shove you're always going to have to return to the well of heavily spotlighting newcomers if you want to optimize your engagement. Which is why I don't think they can or will cut down the number of newcomers they add.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Another thing I think is worth noting is that if there are a ton of cuts, the Miis will be in a super weird position where depending on how you look at them they could feel incredibly justified (since the roster is much smaller a create a character where people can "add more characters" is much more valuable) or completely unjustifiable (what buisness does a create a character have on a gutted crossover roster, especially since there are 3 of them?).

I wonder if the best way to handle them in that case would be to have them be added in their own update rather than as a part of the base roster. That way you could give them more bells and whistles (be it fluff stuff like customizing taunts and idle animations or major gameplay stuff like an extra Special Move or an entirely new Mii class) to make them more enticing.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Another thing I think is worth noting is that if there are a ton of cuts, the Miis will be in a super weird position where depending on how you look at them they could feel incredibly justified (since the roster is much smaller a create a character where people can "add more characters" is much more valuable) or completely unjustifiable (what buisness does a create a character have on a gutted crossover roster, especially since there are 3 of them?).

I wonder if the best way to handle them in that case would be to have them be added in their own update rather than as a part of the base roster. That way you could give them more bells and whistles (be it fluff stuff like customizing taunts and idle animations or major gameplay stuff like an extra Special Move or an entirely new Mii class) to make them more enticing.
I feel like it is fairly likely that Mii costumes justify the Mii's existences from the perspective of Nintendo. I can't see them getting the boot to be completely honest.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Just wait now.

Wait how that pattern ends up breaking just like most.

Then onwards to October! Exactly what Sakurai meant when he said "It'll be a while".
You're saying that last part quite a lot when it's kind of been said why it doesn't mean anything... Again, it is the last character for the biggest smash game to date, people were always gonna be impatient for this one specifically, even without having any idea on their identity. They weren't gonna not say anything but they also weren't gonna tell us when to tune in so this ultimately isn't suggestive of anything other than that, well, it doesn't mean anything and that we're not gonna be waiting absurd lengths of time for the next character. This is of course fully excluding the fact that it was probably a translation error and even if we do wanna be generous and say the translator implicitly knew when the next character was gonna happen, which requires a lot of ifs and buts on its own, it can likely just be put through the same stuff I said here.

This just seems to be people perpetuating doomer stuff, which others have spread, without putting much thought into whether it actually has any logic behind it, in a similar way to the people who scream busted every time a new DLC character is added with a balanced gimmick, a kneejerk reaction, which is just them riding off what they assume the majority would think at a first glance, and luckily, this isn't a likely scenario.. They've paced out the reveals in a way to deliberately set it up before some ridiculously far away date. They wouldn't have messed up the timing with only the last DLC character if they were going to mess up the timing with any single one of the characters.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Crackpot Smash Ideas: King Dedede now has a comeback mechanic. At 100%, he transforms into Swole Dedede. His mobility and frame data are the same, but now he has stupid disjointed range due to the fact that his arms are about the length of his body, and they aren't attackable. He also can't be 2 framed or anything of the sort because his body is so low underneath the ledge. Also his grab range is redonkulous and no it's not any slower to compensate.

King Dedede will finally be high tier. :4dedede:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Cuts are no fun but in reality a reboot is the only logical path I see this series going towards. Some may say "why not just keep building off Ultimate?". It isn't that easy. A simple port would be enough headaches with all the rights issues with not only characters but music as well. Even Mii costumes would have to be negotiated.

A full reboot would surely cut a huge chunk of the cast. Not even considering the fact that all the old original characters like Samus are in desperate need of a kit overhaul. I'd be ok with such an event even though it sucks because Ultimate will always exist.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I've been busy today, so I haven't been keeping up here, but has anybody heard anything about this?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I know it's a safe bet, but still...
I mean yeah it’s definitely likely but were the leakers ever named? Kinda impossible to use this for anything substantial without a source.

Last edited:

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Cuts are no fun but in reality a reboot is the only logical path I see this series going towards. Some may say "why not just keep building off Ultimate?". It isn't that easy. A simple port would be enough headaches with all the rights issues with not only characters but music as well. Even Mii costumes would have to be negotiated.

A full reboot would surely cut a huge chunk of the cast. Not even considering the fact that all the old original characters like Samus are in desperate need of a kit overhaul. I'd be ok with such an event even though it sucks because Ultimate will always exist.
At the end of the day, Smash's future is completely up in the air. We don't know if Sakurai will even be back for the next game.

I agree with you though. After Ultimate, I feel that a reboot is likely. Redesigning all of the veterans from the ground up, coming up with some new gameplay mechanics and ideas, and cutting the roster down to Melee/Brawl size. A total "start from scratch" approach is likely, especially if we got a new director.

But yeah, they very well could decide to keep building on Ultimate. It'd be a legal nightmare, but they did it before. I'd much prefer it if they just made Ultimate 2, but I'm leaning towards a reboot.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

To be honest, there's a part of me that wants them to go the SF3 route next Smash: only the original 8 Fighters at launch, everybody else is brand new to the series.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Honestly I'd expect most of these fall Switch games to get characters in Smash 6 or at least Samus gets a redesign. Smash games usually take characters from the system before unless it's DLC, yeah? Olimar was a Game Cube character, Shulk was a Wii character, Incineroar was a 3DS character and Inkling was a Wii U character. I'd expect at least a few new Switch characters in 6.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If any of the character Mii Costumes for Ultimate were to be upgraded in the next one, who would it be?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To be honest, there's a part of me that wants them to go the SF3 route next Smash: only the original 8 Fighters at launch, everybody else is brand new to the series.
I think only a crazy ******* like Sakurai would consider rolling with this. Anyone else is going to have a real rough go explaining to Nintendo why they should cut Villager and Inkling. xD

Honestly I'd expect most of these fall Switch games to get characters in Smash 6 or at least Samus gets a redesign. Smash games usually take characters from the system before unless it's DLC, yeah? Olimar was a Game Cube character, Shulk was a Wii character, Incineroar was a 3DS character and Inkling was a Wii U character. I'd expect at least a few new Switch characters in 6.
That's what Ring Fit, Astral Chain and Gen 9 are for.

Though Nahobino will be a contender.

If any of the character Mii Costumes for Ultimate were to be upgraded in the next one, who would it be?
Monster Hunter, Dante, possibly Tails, maybe Bomberman or Travis if they can rekindle their popularity. Waluigi, if he counts. Lloyd has a chance. Isaac is a long shot, but who knows. And if I don't say Sans someone will yell at me.

And no, not that other one.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I think the last 4 we got (Lloyd, Dragonborn, Dante, and Shantae) have a pretty decent shot since Sakurai stated that they were all popular requests.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The next game will not be a reboot. There might be some changes to movesets, but a reboot? No. While the gameplay has been a strong factor, the main and biggest attraction has always been the characters. The thought of your favorite video game characters being able to fight and interact with each other on the stages of different video game worlds.
There may be cuts and there may be gameplay or moveset changes. But a reboot that takes out the majority of the characters? That will not happen, because the characters have always been the biggest and main selling point, with the good gameplay being a bonus point. And Nintendo knows that very well.
I don't know? Isaac? Bomberman? Lloyd Irving? Dante? Dohvahkin? Shantae? Sans? Monster Hunter? Cuphead? Travis Touchdown? I mean, there are a ton of Mii Costume'd characters who have demand and are definitely recognized by Sakurai and Nintendo as big requests.

Last edited:

Phil | Lemon

Smash Rookie
I've been busy today, so I haven't been keeping up here, but has anybody heard anything about this?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I know it's a safe bet, but still...

Not to say that these titles won't get spirit events but....

They are most likely referencing a Samus Hunter tweet of all things.
This is the only "Source" I can find that corroborates the "Fall titles" getting "Spirit battles" detail the original tweet alludes to.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not to say that these titles won't get spirit events but....

https://twitter.com/SamusHunter2/status/1434495305060429826?s=20

They are most likely referencing a Samus Hunter tweet of all things.
This is the only "Source" I can find that corroborates the "Fall titles" getting "Spirit battles" detail the original tweet alludes to.
"Hey, you didn't hear it from me but... some leakers are apparently saying they'll release Challenger 11 before the end of 2021. But that's just what I heard so take it with a grain of salt"
🤫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom