• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
don't worry guys there'll be a direct this week for sure

this week for sure

this week for sure

t̴̳̾̾͗͐͝h̶̙̹͕̔̚i̵̱̞̝͝ș̵͓̈́̓ ̷̫͖̖̃̇͐w̷̮̝̤̓̍̔̎ę̴͓̖̩̎ë̸͎́͗k̸̯̐̔̈̃͗ ̸͍̠̩̉͜f̶̝̣͉̼̍̄ö̶͚͙̠̦́̑r̸̦̜̫͉̆̓̒ ̸̛̹͖͖̪̑̌̀͗͜s̸̢̮̘̍̔̊̌͝ṵ̵͍̈́͊̾̾͠r̵̠̫̯̦̍͌̀́͜ẽ̷͍͙͈̑͠
That one reads like a Padme meme.

Now that’s what I call
A s****y leak
The only leak i believe is real is the one above my bed, and below Professor Pumpkaboo's toilet.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm not sure I particularly understand Super Smash Bros. Melee's Adventure Mode being better than Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Adventure Mode since the latter is just the former taken to its logical conclusion. If a new Adventure Mode of the latter variety were to be outsourced, we could end up with a mode that would basically be Super Smash Bros.: The Beat 'em Up with a super neat story, and that's just cool.

If you're just looking for more short form storytelling though I do have a suggestion:
  • Each character or set of related characters has their own Adventure Mode.
  • More Adventure Modes unlock as you beat the ones originally available to you.
  • As you go through them, the characters events begin to intermingle.
  • The final story (or stories) bring everyone together and has the big bad final boss at the end.
So basically, a small SSBCU.

For a different kind of Adventure Mode, how about this: World of Light, but now it's a metroidvania. Well, not literally just the World of Light again, but you get the idea. Instead of items, progression in this mode is gated by character abilities. For example, you could have barriers that you need Mewtwo, Zelda, Sheik, Meta Knight, Greninja, or Palutena to teleport past, or maybe a Sudowoodo is blocking the way, and you need Mario's F.L.U.D.D. or Squirtle's Water Gun to get it to go away. You could also have some secret areas hidden by character specific tech like Snake's infinite recovery.

Ooh! You could even have a hint system where characters discuss how to proceed.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
10 alts per character? You are like a little baby. 255 per character, take it or leave it.
Ultimate modding is getting quite close to making this happen...

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I also think Toon Link might get cut in the next one and Young Link will be the second Link instead as he's more popular in Ultimate.
Personally, my own take would be that Toon Link makes it back, but with a moveset and playstyle more like that of Young Link, though that is only my own personal take on the whole thing.
They'd probably go with who's the most relevant. That would currently be Toy Link from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, but I don't think he'd stay that way all the way until the next game. Toon Link is probably the safest bet.
Yeah I think Toon Link would be the more likely one to return between the two. Even in Smash itself the Toon Zelda games are generally treated as a separate entity from the rest of the Zelda series, not to mention that we already have Sheik and Ganondorf to cover Ocarina of Time, whereas if you cut Toon Link, you'd essentially be cutting out a fair chunk of the Zelda series.

Which I doubt Sakurai wants to do, not to mention that I believe that Toon Link was always the more popular Link in Japan iirc considering how he was a popular request back in Brawl there and the character they where the most worried about getting cut in Smash 4.

So asides from the possibility of the next Smash taking a large chainsaw for the roster, I think Toon Link would be fairly safe to return for the next game.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
10 alts per character? You are like a little baby. 255 per character, take it or leave it.
Imma leave it. I would love more options, but I would also like to be able to scroll through them all within the decade.

Instead, how about 20 alts: 10 default, 10 custom ones you create yourself in a different menu.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I find it surprising how reserved they've been with regards to "costume fighters." We've got Alph, the Koopalings, Alex, Zombie, Enderman, and that's it. There are only three fighters to have received such treatment, and yet there's like, a dozen other existing fighters that I can think of full-character alts for. What gives?

Edit: as Rie pointed out, there's also Hero, who I forgot about. My bad.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I wish instead of there being, like, 5 different Smash fangames, these teams could just get together and make one with a bunch more characters.

Well...two. One sprite and one regular.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I wish instead of there being, like, 5 different Smash fangames, these teams could just get together and make one with a bunch more characters.

Well...two. One sprite and one regular.
A black van just pulled in across the street from your place. Some guy in there seems to have a katana on hand.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I find it surprising how reserved they've been with regards to "costume fighters." We've got Alph, the Koopalings, Alex, Zombie, Enderman, and that's it. There are only three fighters to have received such treatment, and yet there's like, a dozen other existing fighters that I can think of full-character alts for. What gives?
There’s also the other heroes (Solo, Arusu and Eight) but they’re still named “Hero” just like the default (Luminary) is

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There’s also the other heroes (Solo, Arusu and Eight) but they’re still named “Hero” just like the default (Luminary) is
I think Erdrick is the only character that's been officially named incorrectly. I mean, technically Arusu isn't incorrect, but it's not the right name for the English audience.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
On the topic of bringing a Adventure Mode back, I do definitely want one because cutscenes are really cool and seeing video game characters interact in SSE was really fun, but I do hope they keep Spirits around in the next game. Yes I did think the trophy descriptions were entertaining, but it's much more fulfilling to see my fav game characters be referenced through actual gameplay mechanics than a paragraph in a gallery. Plus it means we can get way more of them since apparently translating trophy descriptions takes too long. Maybe it could be something like you have to fight a Spirit battle in sub areas throughout the main area kinda like the shadow fighter doors in The Great Maze of SSE.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A possible expectation for this week is a direct announcement on Tuesday/Wednesday at 7 am PST (in japan time that is 23pm) and it will aired Thursday 3pm PST (7 am from Friday for japanese people).
So that’s uhh

let me run the numbers

10 AM EST

I still suck at time zone conversions lmaooo :079:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
At this point, I'm willing to bet that if we don't get a direct in the next 2 weeks, we're getting the last character at the game awards because think about it, it's the last fighter to ever come to the game, they need a big stage to reveal it and couldn't do it at E3. I feel like it would draw more attention to the game if they revealed it at the game awards rather than some Sakurai presents in the middle of October or November.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Edit: as Rie pointed out, there's also Hero, who I forgot about. My bad.
Well one, not a whole lot of characters can really used for other fighters, because of things like most movesets being generally unique and characters possibly being sizes that are incompatible with other characters. Two, they still need to make new models, which take time. Not alot of time compared to a unique character, but still time. And last would be in regards to 3rd Party rights. Like Simon and Richter could've had more Belmont alternates like Trevor and Julius, but Nintendo probably only got the rights for Simon and Richter at the moment.

I do hope next Smash Bros. does more with alternate costumes, but we'll have to see what the next Smash Bros. is like first.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not if it makes the selection screen lag even harder when I'm trying to find the right alt costume. I'm gonna be waiting 10 minutes just to see if I chose Shirtless Sephiroth in black or brown pants.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember in Melee the reason they called it Star K.O.s is that the characters literally transform into stars or something. It was flavor text for it in the description of the Classic Mode Star KO bonus.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
At this point, I'm willing to bet that if we don't get a direct in the next 2 weeks, we're getting the last character at the game awards because think about it, it's the last fighter to ever come to the game, they need a big stage to reveal it and couldn't do it at E3. I feel like it would draw more attention to the game if they revealed it at the game awards rather than some Sakurai presents in the middle of October or November.
that would mean the cgi budget for the last character would be bigger than Sephiroths cgi budget which I don’t think that will happen. It’s quite clear sephiroth took up the cgi budget.

pyra and mythras trailer was outsourced to someone else and barely used cgi compared to min min’s trailer which had a full cgi trailer.

kazuya’s trailer was really short and straight to the point when it was an e3 reveal.

The chances of the last character being at TGA’s is slim

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
that would mean the cgi budget for the last character would be bigger than Sephiroths cgi budget which I don’t think that will happen. It’s quite clear sephiroth took up the cgi budget.

pyra and mythras trailer was outsourced to someone else and barely used cgi compared to min min’s trailer which had a full cgi trailer.

kazuya’s trailer was really short and straight to the point when it was an e3 reveal.

The chances of the last character being at TGA’s is slim
Sephiroth's trailer reused a ****ton of models and even the backgrounds so trying to calculate if it's role in the budget seems like saying that Steve was just so big that it's impossible for another third party character

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Going by All Star Mode, it looks like a piano is playable in Smash Bros. Remix. I'm assuming it's the piano from Mario 64, but how does that work?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom