• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I remember in Melee the reason they called it Star K.O.s is that the characters literally transform into stars or something. It was flavor text for it in the description of the Classic Mode Star KO bonus.
I think they got the idea from the Pokemon anime, where this happens to Team Rocket in almost every episode.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Going by All Star Mode, it looks like a piano is playable in Smash Bros. Remix. I'm assuming it's the piano from Mario 64, but how does that work?
I didn't see much besides its reveal trailer, but it's mostly just a silly character who can bite, etc. I barely remember much. I wasn't able to get Remix working cause I suck at updating emulation stuff, so.

Either way, this looks good. Poor Meowth, though.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
that would mean the cgi budget for the last character would be bigger than Sephiroths cgi budget which I don’t think that will happen. It’s quite clear sephiroth took up the cgi budget.

pyra and mythras trailer was outsourced to someone else and barely used cgi compared to min min’s trailer which had a full cgi trailer.

kazuya’s trailer was really short and straight to the point when it was an e3 reveal.

The chances of the last character being at TGA’s is slim
Especially considering that I highly doubt that they would just sit on the character for half a year.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
"I have something to say! It's better to burn out than to fade away.... There can be only one!"

One what, Suco?

One last character for Smash Ultimate.

Boooooo there could be bonus content!

Nope! If I'm wrong I'll eat this post.

A1iX5fWY1bL._SL1500_.jpg

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
What did Samus Hunter even do to get so much attention?
The mix of them sounding confident and overly gullible people thirsty for any rumors or leaks. I never got it either. Feels like someone who keeps rolling high enough in charisma to keep convincing people despite their track record. To put it in the most nerdy way possible

Ivander

Smash Legend
There's a Super Crown version?
Fanmade? Yes. Around the time when the Bowsette/Super Crown surge was happening. And I mean, I'm pretty sure just about every Mario character or enemy got the Super Crown art treatment at some point. Like the Eel.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Rule 63 of the internet.
A fancier version of it, to some extent. Technically, the idea was supposed to be less Rule 63 and more Character Transformation, since the idea was that the Super Crown turns you into Peach, with features from the previous form. Only later did it start turning more into a fancier version of Rule 63.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Aside of a small initial jumpscare for it being unexpected, the piano in Mario 64 never really scared me even as a kid, I thought it was kinda funny.
Instead the Lethal Lava Land painting gave me a bit of unsettling feeling... though I used to make fun of it with a friend and call it "Ugly Face" and it helped me to forget about that. In fact, the picture is huge but the fire with a face represented in it is probably one of those little flames that Bowser throws during the final bossfight in Super Mario World.

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Just finished my Azure Moon playthrough of Three Houses. This was my first time really playing a Fire Emblem game (I had played the first few chapters of Awakening but stopped), but now, 70 hours later, I have completed one. Or at least 1/4 of the game but I probably won't tackle other routes for awhile. Regardless I am a newly converted Fire Emblem fan.

And I kinda hate to say it, but I would love Dimitri in Smash. Yes, I want more Fire Emblem. I was also already neutral to positive on Byleth but honestly now I love their inclusion. Smash really does expose you to a whole plethora of games to try out. This year alone I've gotten into Metroid, Bayonetta, and Final Fantasy VII for the first time and a lot of that is in some part due to Smash.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
that would mean the cgi budget for the last character would be bigger than Sephiroths cgi budget which I don’t think that will happen. It’s quite clear sephiroth took up the cgi budget.

pyra and mythras trailer was outsourced to someone else and barely used cgi compared to min min’s trailer which had a full cgi trailer.

kazuya’s trailer was really short and straight to the point when it was an e3 reveal.

The chances of the last character being at TGA’s is slim
Don't remember where I read this, but I recall the reason for Pyra/Mythra being outsourced to Monolith themselves is because they have the best understanding of their characters. It was more a sign of respect than anything. Which worked because it's my favorite trailer as a XC2 fan.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Just finished my Azure Moon playthrough of Three Houses. This was my first time really playing a Fire Emblem game (I had played the first few chapters of Awakening but stopped), but now, 70 hours later, I have completed one. Or at least 1/4 of the game but I probably won't tackle other routes for awhile. Regardless I am a newly converted Fire Emblem fan.

And I kinda hate to say it, but I would love Dimitri in Smash. Yes, I want more Fire Emblem. I was also already neutral to positive on Byleth but honestly now I love their inclusion. Smash really does expose you to a whole plethora of games to try out. This year alone I've gotten into Metroid, Bayonetta, and Final Fantasy VII for the first time and a lot of that is in some part due to Smash.
Rest assured, you're not the only one who started wanting more FE after playing Three Houses. The difference here is that I played Crimson Flower, and thus want Edelgard in Smash...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I agree. Considering Nintendo's habit of airing directs a week before TGS and that Tuesday/Wednesday is a perfect slot that lines up with their typical timing there's quite a lot of reason to be optimistic.
Watch how that pattern breaks.

...Yes that's just my pessimism getting to me.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You know, there is something that I'm as curious about as the last character...the last Mii wave. If they end up showing the Miis before the fighter that will probably be one of the most tense moments we've had in Ultimate's lifespan because due to the last character being revealed soon, the stakes are raised even higher. Not to mention I'm expecting it to be a slaughter. Looking at the last Mii wave, I feel like they will do another round of fan favorites. Examples being Crash, Doomguy, Hayabusa, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Neku, etc. Assuming that none of these are the last fighter, I can easily see any of these being Mii'd pretty soon.

It would be heartbreaking but at least it would be something, a pleasant surprise before the final character which will probably be disappointing to many people.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You fool! You were supposed to make a Dinosaur Office joke!
For a second, I thought you quoted yourself haha.

Is this close enough?

Here's hoping we get some news this week - going three months without any updates tends to get draining, and it's getting pretty late into September.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, there is something that I'm as curious about as the last character...the last Mii wave. If they end up showing the Miis before the fighter that will probably be one of the most tense moments we've had in Ultimate's lifespan because due to the last character being revealed soon, the stakes are raised even higher. Not to mention I'm expecting it to be a slaughter. Looking at the last Mii wave, I feel like they will do another round of fan favorites. Examples being Crash, Doomguy, Hayabusa, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Neku, etc. Assuming that none of these are the last fighter, I can easily see any of these being Mii'd pretty soon.

It would be heartbreaking but at least it would be something, a pleasant surprise before the final character which will probably be disappointing to many people.
One thing I am confident on for the final Mii wave is that it’ll have one more Indie Mii with a song, in the vein of Sans, Cuphead and Shantae

pls let it be a Swordfighter since we got two Gunners (Sans, Cuphead) and one Brawler (Shantae)

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
There is a certain cosmic irony in the fact that it was Smash that introduced the West to the Fire Emblem franchise, and now some twenty years later there are so many people whose sentiments are, "OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH FIRE EMBLEM! NO MORE IN SMASH PLEASE!"
Man, the people who hate Fire Emblem in Smash really don’t know about this, don’t they?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One thing I am confident on for the final Mii wave is that it’ll have one more Indie Mii with a song, in the vein of Sans, Cuphead and Shantae

pls let it be a Swordfighter since we got two Gunners (Sans, Cuphead) and one Brawler (Shantae)
I wonder if we'll get Shovel Knight. It seems like (much like Bomberman) they could get as close to his assist trophy model as possible, and it would mean that we'd get Shovel Knight music in the game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Man, the people who hate Fire Emblem in Smash really don’t know about this, don’t they?
On the other hand most of the people who chalk up the sentiment towards FE's abundance as hate either don't seem to know or have conspicuously forgotten reception towards the series from Melee until partway through 4, when there was virtually no ire towards the prospect of more, and either Kid Icarus, Star Fox, or Kirby was in the hotseat instead.

Now does it seem like people hate those series? Not lately and certainly not in large numbers. Did those people have a change of heart en masse, or did the roster just "catch up" to their count, and other series became bigger targets?

The real commonality is the reaction against perceived overrepresentation. People take it out on the series, but that's the true underlying grievance. If FE was stuck at like three characters, it'd be right there with DK, Zelda, Kirby (ironically), and previously Metroid and Xenoblade as a series people clamoured for more from.

It and examples like Kirby should really demonstrate that any series is capable of being either clamoured for or rallied against, it actually has little to do with the series itself and more to do with the proportion of the roster it claims against other series and its own level of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom