• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, I play 15 characters. And whenever I play smash, I make sure each of them has a match. Even on online matches, So, what does that make me?
Then that means none of them are your main.
Your main is the character you mainly play. If you play a dozen characters, you just play a bunch of characters and have no main.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Then that means none of them are your main.
Your main is the character you mainly play. If you play a dozen characters, you just play a bunch of characters and have no main.
In that case, what would you suggest I should call the bunch of them?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I believe the term is pocket
Nah, a pocket's just a single character that you haven't invested a lot of time into, but can pull out in case the opponent plays a difficult character.

A bunch of characters you play...
are a bunch of characters you play.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Nah, a pocket's just a single character that you haven't invested a lot of time into, but can pull out in case the opponent plays a difficult character.

A bunch of characters you play...
are a bunch of characters you play.
Poster: "Everyone post your mains"
Poster 2: "Here is my list of mains"
Me: "Here is my list of a bunch of characters."
Porter 3: "What is that, FreeWolf?"

I dont know. I think it might end up just confusing everyone if I use that term.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Poster: "Everyone post your mains"
Poster 2: "Here is my list of mains"
Me: "Here is my list of a bunch of characters."
Porter 3: "What is that, FreeWolf?"

I dont know. I think it might end up just confusing everyone if I use that term.
poster 1: "List mains"
poster that does not have a main but a bunch of characters they play: "I don't have a real main but here's a bunch of characters I play."
Alternatively,
"I don't have one."

Heck, if you have 1 main, you could also just say you have several secondaries.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I see we’re taking about our mains. I dropped my main the moment I got them into elite because I couldn’t get anyone else into elite and therefore decided it was the only way I could stay in elite.

SKX31

Smash Master
Until they announce FP3. Four months between characters, CP12 released seven months after CP11, and it's a promotional Pokemon. Six more characters, twenty four months total, plus the seven between passes, 31 more months, so about two and a half more years - takes us to partway to 2024 when the Switch successor shows up and a new Smash is announced two years prematurely.
I have a mouth
And I must scream
I for one welcome our new Speculation Overlords.

As for main talk, well:

1630149070752.jpg

That's a little over 543 hours playing Cloud, FTR. And no, I don't regret anything - especially not using Climbhazzard in the most Unga Bunga manner on stage. :roll:

Edit: I do find that Ultimate's fun and compelling to the point that it's worth toughing out the online. Thus the above happened.

Didn't Nintendo say they already showed off all their plans for the Zelda anniversary?
While I can't seem to find the statement, I wouldn't be surprised if they've shown off everything; since they showed off a lot of Zelda stuff (AoC DLC, Skyward Sword HD, Zelda G&W, BOTW 2) at E3. Most of those - especially BOTW 2 - would've been at a Zelda 35th Direct if they were planning one. But it seems safe to say that it's not going to occur.

Of course, I could be wrong and a Zelda Direct could happen, but it seems incredibly unlikely.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The characters I’ve played for more than 100 battles are, in order:

:ultbowserjr:(428)
:ultlink:(400)
:ultbrawler:(372)
:ultgunner:(301)
:ultdaisy:(270)
:ultpiranha:(187)

Ironically, I’ve probably put more battles into my Daisy Brawler Mii than the actually playable Daisy.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
In terms of the worst stage to me, it's definitely Pac Land. That stage has all the worst elements you can have in a stage:
  • Really fast scrolling to the point where you are running for your life more often than you are fighting.
  • really small platforms over pits. Why do the platforms need to be so small? You can't even fight on them.
  • The edges of the screen being real close to the blast zone.
  • annoying obstacles that makes fighting even more rare.
When you combine all of these its a **** show. The only decent thing I can say about the stage is that unlike a lot of people I actually don't hate the art style, although I don't find it very appealing either.

But to flip this back to a more positive note, I'll mention my favorite stages which are Dracula's Castle, Minecraft World, and Cloud Sea of Alrest. Dracula's Castle is very atmospheric which I love, it has all of the music I wanted, and it has a bunch of cameos which is great. MInecraft World has 6 different biomes which I love and the blocks that you can destroy make it really feel like MInecraft. And Cloud Sea of Alrest is a beautiful stage containing cameos from my absolute favorite cast of characters and has music from one of the best OSTs I've ever heard.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ike is my main. My secondaries are marth/lucina, Ganondorf, dark pit, sephiroth, solo Pyra and Kazuya.

Worst stage? As in one I hate to play on... God there's so many. Basically any stage that isn't bf/omega/fd or tournament legal....

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
View attachment 328097

The fact we're getting more maintenance this soon is a pretty decent indicator of an upcoming Direct
I can't recall how many times people have just assumed maintenance = direct.. 2020 was the worst since there flat out was barely any stuff happening. Long story short, I don't think maintenance means anything... Cos it happens way too often to really be able to mean anything unfortunately.
I was bored and figured I'd show my mains in Smash Ultimate!

My current order is:
  • Cloud is a Main.
  • Banjo is Secondary
  • Chrom and Sephiroth are tertiary mains.
  • Roy is sometimes if I'm feelin' it.
  • And in my pool of pocket fighting game characters, Terry is my main, followed by Ryu, then Kazuya.
  • Annnnnnd... I dunno about Chrome Dino since he's early in development lmao. (and tbh, I don't have a vision about his stats quite yet funnily enough.)
I saw the chrome dino mod and am very intrigued, ngl. I could give a punt at stats, a weight around Sephiroth, mobility that is kinda like Banjo's where it starts off slow and gradually paces up, so like a low walk speed, middling initial dash and dash speed around Cloud and Meta Knight. Would probably have decent air speed and accel and a fall speed comparable to something like Mythra. Do you have a basic idea for moves as I'd be interested to see that since unique character mods are almost non existent in Ultimate.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
In terms of the worst stage to me, it's definitely Pac Land. That stage has all the worst elements you can have in a stage:
  • Really fast scrolling to the point where you are running for your life more often than you are fighting.
  • really small platforms over pits. Why do the platforms need to be so small? You can't even fight on them.
When you combine all of these its a **** show. The only decent thing I can say about the stage is that unlike a lot of people I actually don't hate the art style, although I don't find it very appealing either.
OK... time to debunk the hate on PAC-Land I've seen for so, so, long...

1. The autoscrolling on PAC-Land actually isn't that bad. Granted, yes, it does get faster, but I'm still able to enjoy it because of how fun it is. Fighting through a city, a forest, a river, and all the way back to the city at different speeds makes the stage very unique... unlike a certain OTHER autoscrolling stage I know that's just playing the NES Super Mario Bros. World 1-1 OVER AND OVER AGAIN AT THE SAME SPEED (Mushroomy Kingdom).

2. The platform size really isn't too bad. You've got one log, sure. But at least it lasts for a little bit before it goes down the waterfall and you have to evacuate.

3. I actually like the fact that the end of the screen is real close to the blast zone. It gives you more space to move around.

4. JUST JUMP OVER THE OBSTACLES. It's not that hard!
Can't understand how Great Cave Offensive can't be considered everyone's worst stage.

That stage man, the name is right, it is offensive given how much hazards it has and confusing it can be.
Granted, it's based off the Kirby Super Star story of the same name. Of course it's going to have a lot of hazards. What did you expect, the Wham Bam Rock boss arena?

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman

But to flip this back to a more positive note, I'll mention my favorite stages which are Dracula's Castle, Minecraft World, and Cloud Sea of Alrest. Dracula's Castle is very atmospheric which I love, it has all of the music I wanted, and it has a bunch of cameos which is great. MInecraft World has 6 different biomes which I love and the blocks that you can destroy make it really feel like MInecraft. And Cloud Sea of Alrest is a beautiful stage containing cameos from my absolute favorite cast of characters and has music from one of the best OSTs I've ever heard.
I don't know how they got away with adding Pac Land, but not the really cool Pac Maze stage from Smash 4.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Can't understand how Great Cave Offensive can't be considered everyone's worst stage.

That stage man, the name is right, it is offensive given how much hazards it has and confusing it can be.
I don't think it's that confusing unless there are lots of players. That aside, the main issue I have with it is how whenever you die, you always start at the top, which can be a hassle when you died at the bottom and have to get to the other player or it makes you miss out on the rest of the map if everybody stays at the top. I feel like the Great Cave Offensive would be better if there were multiple respawn points around the map.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

What is your opinion on this video? Do you agree or disagree?
Well, I’ll start out by saying the editing there is superb, Mock Rock has style. As for the characters themselves.
Yeah, grab is pretty dumb if you know how to use it. I can’t comment much on it because I’m not at the skill level where I fight Luigis capable of pulling off those combos reliably, but I can say that even still grab can be a nightmare. Not sure hes a candidate for one of the worst designed fighters, but I can see why he was included.
I wholeheartedly agree. Icons over his spells would not only solve the language issue, it’d make his spells way easier to read at a glance for the Hero player themselves, please add.
Yeah, it is rather hard to read what hes doing. I most often rely on prediction when fighting Olimar for this reason. Sometimes it takes an extra moment for me to register whether I’ve been grabbed or hit with Side Special since neither launches at first. I think this could be solved by sizing up Olimar and the Pikmin a noticeable yet not unfaithful amount, alongside a small UI next to his Percent reading what his lineup is.
Agreed. I think making Macs aerials useful and his recovery decent, but removing the armor from his Smash attacks and nerfing KO Punches Kill Power and ability to ignore shields will make him more fun for both sides. Design philosophy be damned make him fun first.
Dash animation is annoying,I could see him getting the honorable mention for that. Though I personally would’ve put Lucario here instead.
SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEEDSONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED SONIC SPEED.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OK... time to debunk the hate on PAC-Land I've seen for so, so, long...

1. The autoscrolling on PAC-Land actually isn't that bad. Granted, yes, it does get faster, but I'm still able to enjoy it because of how fun it is. Fighting through a city, a forest, a river, and all the way back to the city at different speeds makes the stage very unique... unlike a certain OTHER autoscrolling stage I know that's just playing the NES Super Mario Bros. World 1-1 OVER AND OVER AGAIN AT THE SAME SPEED (Mushroomy Kingdom).

2. The platform size really isn't too bad. You've got one log, sure. But at least it lasts for a little bit before it goes down the waterfall and you have to evacuate.

3. I actually like the fact that the end of the screen is real close to the blast zone. It gives you more space to move around.

4. JUST JUMP OVER THE OBSTACLES. It's not that hard!

Granted, it's based off the Kirby Super Star story of the same name. Of course it's going to have a lot of hazards. What did you expect, the Wham Bam Rock boss arena?
It's ok to like an unpopular stage but implying people don't like it just because they suck doesn't vibe with me, especially as points 2 and 4 are a hell of a lot less helpful if you play FFAs with friends. Also, point 3 is flatout wrong, the small blastzones means you literally get less room to move around in

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Hey I like Great Cave Offensive. Kirby's Fun Pak/Super Star is one of my favourite games of all time and I like how Sakurai handled the stage. Sure it's massive but it's great for 8 Player Smash which it was designed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom