• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Pst, hey DarthEnderX DarthEnderX don't tell anybody, but I found an excuse for you to talk about Kunio-kun and/or Double Dragon in Smash again:

Although Provie is kinda cute, not gonna lie...

volbound1700

Smash Master
I maybe several posts behind but I do think Waluigi has a shot. I am a HUGE Mario fan, but I don't want him. We have enough Mario characters currently and the series is well represented.

I would prefer seeing Wario and Waluigi in more of the mainline Mario games first. I am not sure why Nintendo wastes their IP. You could still keep Bowser as the primary villain but stick the Wario Bros in as mini-bosses. People would love that.

Or perhaps do a sequel to Super Mario Land 2 with Wario once again as the main baddie and introduce Waluigi as his sidekick.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Pst, hey DarthEnderX DarthEnderX don't tell anybody, but I found an excuse for you to talk about Kunio-kun and/or Double Dragon in Smash again:

Although Provie is kinda cute, not gonna lie...
Holy ****, I didn't expect to see Provie again. Given that RCRUG, was a weird-ass sequel to the American version of RCR.

Man, I want Paul back...

Ivander

Smash Legend
New Metroid Dread trailer:

I kinda like the classic color scheme of the suit more and would really like to know why it suddenly turns blue.
Samus & Adam, Chozo, Galactic Federation Robots, X-Parasites, more than likely a moment of return for Metroids, all it needs is the return of actual Space Pirates and it's practically an "Everybody is Here" moment for the main Metroid games.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I’ve seen someone suggest Ridleys Conscious is implanted into the EMMIs and I honestly think that would be my favorite way to bring him back.

Could even have an end stinger where he gets away and starts building himself another body.
Pretty sure at that point you're just ripping off Sigma from Mega Man X.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I’ve seen someone suggest Ridleys Conscious is implanted into the EMMIs and I honestly think that would be my favorite way to bring him back.

Could even have an end stinger where he gets away and starts building himself another body.
Maybe Kraid could find a way to revive himself as well.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
With the news of kamek coming to Mario kart tour I’m surprised he hasn’t got in smash yet. Yoshi needs another rep. I would’ve thought he’d be a shoe in by now with him being the main villain of the yoshi series and being a staple in the Mario and Luigi series.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With the news of kamek coming to smash I’m surprised he hasn’t got in smash yet. Yoshi needs another rep. I would’ve thought he’d be a shoe in by now with him being the main villain of the yoshi series and being a staple in the Mario and Luigi series.
I… think you mean Mario Kart for the first “Smash” right?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Samus & Adam, Chozo, Galactic Federation Robots, X-Parasites, more than likely a moment of return for Metroids, all it needs is the return of actual Space Pirates and it's practically an "Everybody is Here" moment for the main Metroid games.
Maybe even...

download.jpeg

God I can't wait to play. Metroid, and Castlevania are the only franchises I'll put smash down for a couple weeks beating it.

All the rest are dead to me... Snake, I miss ya buddy. RE... Ugh. Why did the PS3 RE5 Gold Edition suck? Because I couldn't handle the controls after mastering RE4 on GC. Man that target practice was bad af pop pop pop boom with the dynamite and the weapons were really well implemented.. great game.

but yea I think if they tie in her whole arc they'll have to revisit some elements from the prime trilogy. So definitely hoping for pirates, luminoth, even just a flashback to her fight with rundas...

Lol Freudian slip Theguy123 Theguy123

🤔

Meh reading. 🥰

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I have a guess on how things are gonna play out in the coming weeks

-Week of August 23rd-29th: No Nintendo news, due to Gamescom. Also NMH3 coming out this week
-Week of August 30th-September 5th: Nintendo Direct, Will reveal CP11 here.
-Week of September 6th-12th: Sakurai Presents or Smash Direct, depending if there's more Content (not necessarily Fighters) after CP11 or not

I'm also thinking that CP11 is gonna come out in September. CP11 most likely is near completion, if not already completed at this point. It would match with the 3 month gap Fighters typically share, and also Remember that Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya especially started work before Sephiroth, so whether CP11 also started work before Sephiroth as well or even after, it should be enough time for them to be developed and completed around this time

Shroob

Sup?
I have a guess on how things are gonna play out in the coming weeks

-Week of August 23rd-29th: No Nintendo news, due to Gamescom. Also NMH3 coming out this week
-Week of August 30th-September 5th: Nintendo Direct, Will reveal CP11 here.
-Week of September 6th-12th: Sakurai Presents or Smash Direct, depending if there's more Content (not necessarily Fighters) after CP11 or not

I'm also thinking that CP11 is gonna come out in September. CP11 most likely is near completion, if not already completed at this point. It would match with the 3 month gap Fighters typically share, and also Remember that Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya especially started work before Sephiroth, so whether CP11 also started work before Sephiroth as well or even after, it should be enough time for them to be developed and completed around this time
Seems logical, though I frankly expect the Direct to drop the first full week of September, so the week of the 5th through the 11th, with the Sakurai presents the following week.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also something that may or may not support September being when we get character revealed, and probably released

Do you think the reason that the Smash Twitter has been late to posting Spirit Events or Tournaments is that they are waiting for when Nintendo decides to show off the last Fighter? After all, Nintendo is the one that decides when characters get revealed, so Smash team might not exactly know when the day is gonna come

What the Smash team does know is when they are finished with a Character, or at least are finalizing the character, so Nintendo knows they can show off the Fighter now. while the Smash team doesn't know what specific date the character will be shown off, they do know that the Day will be coming very soon most likely

Considering the track record in FP2 of revealing characters close to when they are done, I think this may be good news

Shroob

Sup?
Also something that may or may not support September being when we get character revealed, and probably released

Do you think the reason that the Smash Twitter has been late to posting Spirit Events or Tournaments is that they are waiting for when Nintendo decides to show off the last Fighter? After all, Nintendo is the one that decides when characters get revealed, so Smash team might not exactly know when the day is gonna come

What the Smash team does know is when they are finished with a Character, or at least are finalizing the character, so Nintendo knows they can show off the Fighter now. while the Smash team doesn't know what specific date the character will be shown off, they do know that the Day will be coming very soon most likely

Considering the track record in FP2 of revealing characters close to when they are done, I think this may be good news
I mean, there's also something to be said that a lot of these spirit events are ultimately pointless and just filler content.

I'm like, 100% sure the Smash team would be aware of when Nintendo would drop their presentation and plan around it.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I mean, there's also something to be said that a lot of these spirit events are ultimately pointless and just filler content.

I'm like, 100% sure the Smash team would be aware of when Nintendo would drop their presentation and plan around it.
I know the events are filler, but there has been history of them delaying events or Tourneys due to upcoming news, but sometimes it hasn't happened like that, just something I was thinking about

As for whether the Smash team would know when Nintendo will drop their presentation, I do think they are given a general timespace on when the Direct will air, Since the Smash team needs to plan around the time of release and such like that but I'm unsure if Nintendo gives them a specific date. I would assume Sakurai and the Smash team record all the video material that will be used in the Direct, as well as the Sakurai presents before giving the material to Nintendo, who probably tell them when the Material will be used

But I don't think Nintendo automatically has a planned date when it's decided on the Direct and such. that's why I don't think they give the Smash team a Specific date, but just a general ball park of when it will be released

Shroob

Sup?
I know the events are filler, but there has been history of them delaying events or Tourneys due to upcoming news, but sometimes it hasn't happened like that, just something I was thinking about

As for whether the Smash team would know when Nintendo will drop their presentation, I do think they are given a general timespace on when the Direct will air, Since the Smash team needs to plan around the time of release and such like that but I'm unsure if Nintendo gives them a specific date. I would assume Sakurai and the Smash team record all the video material that will be used in the Direct, as well as the Sakurai presents before giving the material to Nintendo, who probably tell them when the Material will be used

But I don't think Nintendo automatically has a planned date when it's decided on the Direct and such. that's why I don't think they give the Smash team a Specific date, but just a general ball park of when it will be released
I'd severely bet against that.

Nintendo's a multi-billion dollar corporation. They don't do this stuff on a whim and when they feel like it, they plan this stuff out months in advance.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

[Spirit event] "Anything Gabriele! Big Mouth Spirits" will be held for 3 days from 8/20 (Friday) today! During the period, many characters with big mouths appeared on the spirits board. If you win the battle, you can get additional snacks. #Smash Bros SP

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I'd severely bet against that.

Nintendo's a multi-billion dollar corporation. They don't do this stuff on a whim and when they feel like it, they plan this stuff out months in advance.
Yeah, it seems for the most part that only some notable inconvenience or a disaster stops their plans in their tracks.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

[Spirit event] "Anything Gabriele! Big Mouth Spirits" will be held for 3 days from 8/20 (Friday) today! During the period, many characters with big mouths appeared on the spirits board. If you win the battle, you can get additional snacks. #Smash Bros SP
Finally

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Quick question: is this the second delay for the Spirit Event announcment till Friday?

If it happens a tird time, it might be that the Twitter announcement day has changed for some reason.
I doubt they would have changed the announcement schedule so that the announcements go up this long after the Spirit Event does, but it could be due to internal issues or just accidents.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Gabriel huh? Didn't expect him as our third Castlevania rep but I guess that's one way to get Dracula playable

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Still out here thinking about how the original 12 in smash all got big new content in smash ultimate apart from Luigi, ness and captain Falcon and yoshi.

2 are dead franchises which can explain the reasoning for nothing new for ness and captain Falcon but man, yoshi and Luigi got left on the side and it hurts. Especially since they didn’t even bother with a Lm3 spirit event and a yoshi crafted world stage.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Still out here thinking about how the original 12 in smash all got big new content in smash ultimate apart from Luigi, ness and captain Falcon and yoshi.

2 are dead franchises which can explain the reasoning for nothing new for ness and captain Falcon but man, yoshi and Luigi got left on the side and it hurts. Especially since they didn’t even bother with a Lm3 spirit event and a yoshi crafted world stage.
I think being considered smaller branches on the tree that is the greater Mario franchise does that. Just look at Wario.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord

One could argue that they are an extension of the Mario series which in turn did get a new stage and new playable characters

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
but man, yoshi and Luigi got left on the side and it hurts. Especially since they didn’t even bother with a Lm3 spirit event and a yoshi crafted world stage.
They haven't been completely disregarded.

Luigi isn't labeled under the "Luigi's Mansion" series or anything in Smash, and the Yoshi series has a good amount of content. Also, who knows, maybe a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit event is on the way. Either they do one or if they don't, either it'll never show up or they'll show up with the King Boo (or E. Gadd) challenger pack.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
One could argue that they are an extension of the Mario series which in turn did get a new stage and new playable characters
thats true. It’s still A shame though to see each individual character from the original 8 get big new content except for Luigi and yoshi. A new stage would’ve been nice or so. Heck even Luigi being included in the Mario vs bowser art would’ve been nice.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
It’s still A shame though to see each individual character from the original 8 get big new content except for Luigi and Yoshi.
I think you're missing the point my guy.

They got content. New content. Look at their movesets, among other things.

Luigi isn't a fill on clone of Mario anymore. Dude's final smash changed in Sm4sh compared to Brawl's, has a tether grab, and can do combos that Mario can't do. Likewise, being the unique lightweight fighter he is, Yoshi's FS changed completely in Ultimate compared to Sm4sh and Brawl. Both Luigi's and Yoshi's current FS's represent their spinoff series quite well.

Now let's move away from the movesets and look at the other factors:
We have a Luigi's Mansion stage in Ultimate and even though it never returned (to my knowledge) Sm4sh got a Yoshi's Wooly World stage.

Additionally, games from Brawl up to Ultimate had Luigi's Mansion content.

Finally, Yoshi's got 4 stages for his series in the game. That's a great number of stages for a series with 1 fighter.

Other than MAYBE lacking Poochy, and/or Kamek and or Birdo as fighters, the Yoshi series is repped just fine.
As is the Luigi's Mansion side series, even though keep in mind Luigi's classified as a Mario character because in the end, he mainly is just that.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I’m just sad F-Zero X and GX got the short end of the stick content wise especially the latter which could really use more music from it

what do we get? Like 100 remixes of the SNES game. 🙃 (I’m obviously exaggerating but still)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom