• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot

7NATOR

Smash Master
Did anyone posted this yet?
Wasn't he talking like a week or two ago about wanting Sakurai and Ono on the Show? Perhaps that statement was foreshadowing perhaps

I haven't watched any of these myself, but from seeing the Teaser there seems to be alot of Charm and such. I'll watch this. In terms of Smash Speculation, we could perhaps get more of Sakurai's Philosophies on how he approaches Smash, perhaps more details on discussing with 3rd parties, and etc, but I doubt there be any teaser or Hint for the Final DLC of Ultimate

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Luckily "Megaten" isn't a game.
It is a franchise though. And both SMT5 and P5 are in it.

If you're saying "All those specific games up there have a Smash character but one." Then who is Diamond and Pearl's character exactly? Or Legends Arceus' character?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It is a franchise though. And both SMT5 and P5 are in it.

If you're saying "All those specific games up there have a Smash character but one." Then who is Diamond and Pearl's character exactly? Or Legends Arceus' character?
I know, it's a truth based in technicality which is where the humor comes from.
Lucario.
Lucario.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
the new Kirby game’s plot sounds pretty sick.
It’s real.

Link to website:

now let’s speculate on how we can tie this into meaning a new Kirby character is our last Smash Bros. fighter. Hmmmm…🤔

edit: woops I didn’t realize this was shared already, my bad.

Wanna bring back up the smash direct takedowns for one moment. Apparently Nintendo has an official Reddit and the smash direct has been archived on it as well. Credit to the random person who mentioned that to papagenos.
If you’re talking about r/Nintendo, isn’t that ran by fans? there’s nothing saying it’s official afaik

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
This Kirby news is reminding me of the time I played a Maxis-made recreation of The Metamorphosis in Spore. I couldn't understand a lick of it.

That just makes me wonder how cool a Spore stage could be if EA ever gives a damn if they're approached.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Tbh, while it’s certainly possible, I’d still be surprised if a company didn’t give a darn about being approached about smash

And regarding EA they got some good IP choices ofc
fp11 is EA. Off all the ip’s they could choose we end up getting the fifa player. The scenes.

side B is the slide tackle

B button is kicking a football with power. The more it’s charged, the more damage the football does

Up b is a high jump to header the ball. Acts as a move that can do damage. The longer it’s held, the higher the jump is

down B is the overhead kick

final smash is a penalty. Bunch of players just leather the ball from the penalty spot straight into the character.

would be an insane moveset.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
fp11 is EA. Off all the ip’s they could choose we end up getting the fifa player. The scenes.

side B is the slide tackle

B button is kicking a football with power. The more it’s charged, the more damage the football does

Up b is a high jump to header the ball. Acts as a move that can do damage. The longer it’s held, the higher the jump is

down B is the overhead kick

final smash is a penalty. Bunch of players just leather the ball from the penalty spot straight into the character.

would be an insane moveset.
Well this guy is an original FIFA character soo...

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Oh right! Why are people always asking for Garchomp when we already have a 4th Gen rep...

Do we know he's in that one yet?
I think it’s mostly because they are making a remake as well as a new game for Gen 4 coming up. That and Garchomp is just cool. That being said, I never really cared much about Gen representation and I just want to see my favorite Pokémon in Smash, regardless of what Gen they came from.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm using the spoiler tag just in case someone wants to go totally blind when the game comes out, but in the newest trailer for SMTV we can see Nahobino being able to use 2 swords at once, one for each hand, during a cutscene starting at 1:55

Smash fans will love this if he manages to get in as CP11 or in the next Smash game.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm using the spoiler tag just in case someone wants to go totally blind when the game comes out, but in the newest trailer for SMTV we can see Nahobino being able to use 2 swords at once, one for each hand, during a cutscene starting at 1:55

Smash fans will love this if he manages to get in as CP11 or in the next Smash game.

Lloyd died so Nahobino could live

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Very very very out there tinpot speculation that I’m aware means nothing but I kinda just wanna speculate off it.

Byleth is known as a professor. There’s a huge difference between a professor and a teacher. In smash bros ultimate their chant is “go teach” and not “go professor” even though they’re known as a professor and not a teacher. I wonder if the last characters chant will be something along the lines of “go professor” which would be a reason to avoid using “professor” in their chant.

what I’m getting at is……. Professor E gadd for FP11???

No Luigi Manson 3 spirit event. Game sold massively fantastic. Dudes got a good moveset, could even have gooigi as a gimmick, could utilise the poltergeist a lot better than Luigi does in the game currently.

Can’t think of any other professors other than E gadd (not counting Layton as i’d think his chant would be along the lines off “go hershel” or “go Layton”)

I know it means nothing. I’m just bored and want people’s opinions on this thought.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Why not Excadrill, aka THE FASTEST POKEMON IN EXISTENCE?
(Don't believe me? Get a Excadrill with Sand Rush up to max speed. It has a total of 604.)
If we’re taking abilities into account, Ninjask is faster than that after a single Speed Boost. I think Alolan Raichu also beats it with Surge Surfer if my memory is correct.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh right! Why are people always asking for Garchomp when we already have a 4th Gen rep...
I mean, Garchomp is cool in general, being a landshark Pokemon, would be our first Pseudo-Legendary, and Pokemon Diamond & Pearl are getting a remake and a prequel. But I wouldn't be surprised if people were asking for Garchomp because of the possibility of being with Cynthia, since Garchomp is her main Pokemon.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Another reason why I'd love Garchomp is because he could be our first playable Dragon type.

I find it shocking that we have 0 playable Dragon types. Dragonite, Salamanca, and Hydreigon are all other good candidates.

Heck, if you wanna do Gen 8, Duraludon and Dragapult are right there.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Another reason why I'd love Garchomp is because he could be our first playable Dragon type.

I find it shocking that we have 0 playable Dragon types. Dragonite, Salamanca, and Hydreigon are all other good candidates.

Heck, if you wanna do Gen 8, Duraludon and Dragapult are right there.
Technically, we did have Mega Charizard X in Smash 4 but I agree. Garchomp is in my top 5 favorite Gen 4 Pokémon so I’d love to see it get in.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Very very very out there tinpot speculation that I’m aware means nothing but I kinda just wanna speculate off it.

Byleth is known as a professor. There’s a huge difference between a professor and a teacher. In smash bros ultimate their chant is “go teach” and not “go professor” even though they’re known as a professor and not a teacher. I wonder if the last characters chant will be something along the lines of “go professor” which would be a reason to avoid using “professor” in their chant.

what I’m getting at is……. Professor E gadd for FP11???

No Luigi Manson 3 spirit event. Game sold massively fantastic. Dudes got a good moveset, could even have gooigi as a gimmick, could utilise the poltergeist a lot better than Luigi does in the game currently.

Can’t think of any other professors other than E gadd (not counting Layton as i’d think his chant would be along the lines off “go hershel” or “go Layton”)

I know it means nothing. I’m just bored and want people’s opinions on this thought.
I mean Teach is a nickname used in-game for Byleth by Claude so there's reasoning behind it. "Go Professor" as a chant also just sounds awkward and bad and doesn't roll off the tongue.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Hey so the news section of the Kirby site has replaced everything with a Lorem Ipsum placeholder and all the articles are Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis for some bizarre reason
The Official Home of Kirby™ - News (nintendo.com)
My assumption is that there's something new coming up that they started editing in advance or something but why is frigging Kafka a placeholder for a Kirby website
That happened the same with animal crossing a long time ago and even today it remains the same
https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/8aohna

FreeFox

Smash Lord

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Next year is Kirby 30th anniversary and we are surely getting a new game, hopefully its more ambitious like that rumoured 3D game. By 2022, there will have passed 4 years since Star Allies released (march 2018), thats enough time for them to make something “big”. I have faith that this game will released on first half of next year (likely april or may).

I also expect a minor game, could potentially be a spin-off or a remaster like Kirby Air Ride.

The question is how they will market it, we will get a special direct for Kirby? Or will be just a tweet like LOZ or Metroid?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom