• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
You mean Zeena? Because a lot of people like her.

For... notable reasons...
Ye lol, her design looks cool imo, and I like her initial interaction with Sonic where she cared more bout her nails than about dealing with Sonic and stuff

Even though blue's my favorite color, I can't click with Master Zik
Zor's alright too
And Zazz is .. not too bad

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ye lol, her design looks cool imo, and I like her initial interaction with Sonic where she cared more bout her nails than about dealing with Sonic and stuff

Even though blue's my favorite color, I can't click with Master Zik
Zor's alright too
And Zazz is .. not too bad
I think the problem with Master Zik is that his "schtick" doesn't work as well for a villain as it does for a hero, if that makes any sense.

Then again, I don't watch much media, so I could be wrong on that...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wish this was the Smash roster
I mean, if it's a Dragonball wish for Smash Bros, I don't see why you can't wish for a Smash game with every single video game character, a variety of awesome Single player Modes like Adventure Mode, Smash Run, etc, every single video game music track, give 10 or more stages for every game and/or series, the best Stage Creator, and perfect online.

On the other hand, in terms of the wish being limited to video games, giving the rights of all Activision-Blizzard and Konami games and series to another company(that's not Tencent) is tempting...

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean, if it's a Dragonball wish for Smash Bros, I don't see why you can't wish for a Smash game with every single video game character, a variety of awesome Single player Modes like Adventure Mode, Smash Run, etc, every single video game music track, give 10 or more stages for every game and/or series, the best Stage Creator, and perfect online.

On the other hand, in terms of the wish being limited to video games, giving the rights of all Activision-Blizzard and Konami games and series to another company(that's not Tencent) is tempting...
ActiBlizz goes to Microsoft, Konami goes to Nintendo. I'm sure it won't be too bad...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you guys think Konami might get another character?

If so, who?

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
would be poetic if the immortal ghost that can’t capture mario due to his brother standing in his way makes his attack attack as his brother is canonically dead in smash and has been since Simon’s trailer.
bro EXACTLY it'd be perfect, honestly that entire trailer might've been a type of foreshadowing...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

ZelDan

Smash Master
Damn, for some reason I forgot about Alucard, despite bringing him up myself in the past in this thread.

My mind was only focusing on completely new franchises at the time I guess...

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Banjo only appeals to old people and he didn't get that much salt because most people who rage at Smash reveals are old.

If anything, appealing to younger fans is a reason to get hate because of the "new fans being familiar with something=something is relevant=shill pick" line of thought.
So according to you the best way to generate the most hype across the board is to be neither an older nor a newer character. CP11 shall transcend time itself

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
So according to you the best way to generate the most hype across the board is to be neither an older nor a newer character. CP11 shall transcend time itself
just add the older smash gamemodes into the newer smash game, then everyone's pleased :4pacman:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just think the Nintendo suits saw how popular Persona 5 was back in 2016/2017 (it was a GOTY contender and everything) and just wanted to capitalize on the hype for it.

Really the most random DLC character will always be Terry to me. Like yes I understand the legacy of SNK and all, but he does just stack up weirdly in comparison to the other third party newcomers, which have all been from wildly sucessful, relevant and popular games like Persona, Dragon Quest, Minecraft, Final Fantasy and Tekken. Unlike those series, Terry/SNK/King of Fighters, while still technically around, have seen better days.

Well, there's also Banjo-Kazooie, but at least they had the excuse of being highly requested by fans, and there was a lot of hype about there being a Microsoft owned character in Smash, especially ones that used to originally be with Nintendo.

Terry will always be funny to me because his inclusion gave Smash fans hope for characters from more "smaller" Japanese third party IPs of that calibur, like Ryu Hayabusa, Arle, Travis Touchdown, Sol Badguy, etc but since then all we've gotten on the third party front are mega popular AAA series like Minecraft, Final Fantasy and Tekken.
I feel like to this day, no other addition has ever been as random as Joker

Originally being a PS4 exclusive, with no massive overlap or requests from Nintendo fans, from a JRPG franchise that while popular, isn't on the same level as say; DQ or FF.

My crackpot theory is that Joker was unironically Sakurai's MW, the amount of love that was put into him and his content makes it very evident. Not to mention he fits the sort of design that Sakurai tends to love (dark with shades of red).
There is no crackpot theory needed- Sakurai personally chose Terry and Joker. The brand manager of Persona 5 went as far as to say Sakurai told him as much, and those are the only two games that Sakurai has come out and said greatly influenced Smash Bros. He was clearly the influence to both oddball characters.

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Didn't get a response last time so I'll ask again. Any complete listing of delayed weekly spirit/tournament events and where they belong on the timetable? This could offer important insight on who the last character may be.

Hey look, 2021 pages
Also, um…

Some discovered in code files may suggest a 3D Kirby game on the way
Warning: A curse word of two
I was half expecting something like this to be in the works, what with HAL dipping their toes in 3D Kirby with both Blowout Blast and Battle Royale. Hopefully it won't end up being a rushjob like Star Allies. Speaking of which...

Yea I think Kirby is canonically the strongest
Dude survived a lot of impossible things
Spoilers for Star Allies:
Kirby is an incarnation of Void, who is heavily implied to be the Kirby universe's equivalent of God. While the official Kirby lore leaves Void's godhood as ambiguous, between the similarities between Void's final form and both Kirby AND Dark Matter, including its faces, attacks, and flavor text, it being described as the "Astral Birth", it can safely be assumed that this take is the most accurate.

If a fake leaker denounces a fake leak do they cancel each other out and become real?

Not reliable, they're just a markomaro
A leak plagiarist, in other words. Oh well, this individual is still a useful curator of information at least.

If so, who?
What about Raiden? Consider a reveal trailer calling back to MGS2 like:

"I don't understand Colonel. Why would you take down the 8.8.2018 Smash Direct?"

I feel like to this day, no other addition has ever been as random as Joker

Originally being a PS4 exclusive, with no massive overlap or requests from Nintendo fans, from a JRPG franchise that while popular, isn't on the same level as say; DQ or FF.

My crackpot theory is that Joker was unironically Sakurai's MW, the amount of love that was put into him and his content makes it very evident. Not to mention he fits the sort of design that Sakurai tends to love (dark with shades of red).
There is no crackpot theory needed- Sakurai personally chose Terry and Joker. The brand manager of Persona 5 went as far as to say Sakurai told him as much, and those are the only two games that Sakurai has come out and said greatly influenced Smash Bros. He was clearly the influence to both oddball characters.
Which is precisely why certain more obscure characters shouldn't be immediately written off simply because they're not as popular as some other picks. So many people seem to forget about the classic Sakurai bias.

I don't have insider information, but I am an observer of uncommon facts. I've had my finger on the pulse of a certain pick for a couple years now. Many other popular picks have seen their chances diminish, yet this character seems to have their chances become more and more likely as time goes on.

When it comes to these speculations so many people trap themselves in mental ruts like "This character is from a high-grossing franchise," or "I really like this character and I want them in Smash," or even the occasional overly-pessimistic and probably-sarcastic-but-maybe-not "Fighter Pass 3 but it's all Fire Emblem characters." And they forget to ask what is undeniably the most important question of all.

"What would Sakurai do?"

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Isaac gets in and we get a special new Greed Mode inspired by the one in the original game and Coin Battle in past Smash games. Beating it while getting enough coins unlocks new character alts. including a Keeper one for Isaac, and maybe other stuff. The coins you collect are saved between playthroughs and can be used in the shop. The final boss is Crazy Hand except it’s a fake-out and Ultra Greed takes over as the true final boss with Greed and Super Greed as mini-bosses.

This mode also features online multiplayer so you can prove you’re the greediest!

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

If so, who?
It's possible. Bill Rizer IMO is a strong possibility, if only because Contra isn't dead like half of Konami's franchises, Alucard could also happen due to Second Chances Theory and not being dead either due to the Netflix show, Pyramid Head is up there, as is Raiden from Metal Gear.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

If so, who?
It's impossible to predict who Konami will go for so I'll just say who I want and that would be Cormano.

Or James Sunderland and the trailer starts out like this.

James gets a letter.png

The name on the envelope said "James"

My name...

It's ridiculous... couldn't possibly be true...

That's what I keep telling myself...

This invitation must be for someone else.

So then why do I still hold onto it?

"Final Destination" what could it possibly mean?

Could someone really be waiting for me... to join Smash!

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord

If so, who?
doubtful but not impossible. Doubtful because they got 2 brand new mii costumes during this dlc pass. If they were returning costumes then it wouldn’t matter because they’d be guaranteed to return to avoid leaving any hints as to who the last character is.

However, it’s brand mew mii costumes with one of them being a deluxe costume which to me implies Konami don’t have any more plans to add a new fighter.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Kazuya, who debunked the theory that a new fighter from a series wouldn't come to Smash because of a Mii Costume:
you forgetting that heihachi is as a returning mii costumes just like the Other 2 Namco returning costumes. It’s a completely different situation. The Konami mii costumes aren’t returning, they’re new

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Returning or not, the same thing could still apply.
yes which is why I say I highly doubt it and not it’s impossible. Yes a Konami rep could happen but in my “personal” opinion if they were going to include a Konami rep they’d have held back the new mii costumes until the Character was released.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Konami: while I'd love to see Alucard join the roster I feel this is a real stretch at this point. Contra, Silent Hill and ... Frogger (idk that's kinda funny to me but maybe) are more likely but overall I think Konami is done with smash reps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom