• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
"Mute theory" is also bogus due to the fact that people only believe it for the sake of consistency. They think that because the voice menu was completely filled up for FP1 they would do the same for FP2, which is weird because they can add new rows whenever they want and not everything is going to be a perfect square. I highly doubt that they would make character choices just so a random submenu that not everyone is going to see would be a perfect square.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
The monkeys paw curls...

Congratulations! Artzest (of Balan Wonderworld and Yoshi's New Island fame) is making a game for every series.

This is actually a clever idea for a trailer lol

Though If I could pick, I'd choose Heather as our Silent Hill rep. Even with SH2 probably being the most popular entry, Heather is the most popular protagonist and I feel she would be a cooler choice. She would also kinda rep not only SH3 but also SH1, which is appreciated, I think.
Genuinely one of my favorite female characters in videogames.

She's also the only character from classic SH games that could have some special abilities if they wanted, which could set her apart from other protags.

Oh and she has a ****-ton of different unlockable costumes in SH3 so the potential for alts in Smash would be big. To show a few possibilities:

Yeah the first one is not fake lol
Cool! I approve greatly of this idea. Can we have Duck Hunt be part of her reveal trailer? (only Silent Hill fans will understand why.)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If Mute theory is a true, the next fighter also can’t come with an alt as that ruins the Fighter Spirit Menu.

I still have no faith in it being real.
Yeah. I highly doubt that they choose the characters in such a way that all these submenus that not everyone is going to look it would be perfect squares.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait, isn't Tekken rated T?
Its PEGI rating is one that is inbetween T and M, so Kazuya's pack had to be labeled "SSBU X Kazuya" in Europe and European versions of the Smash site had to be altered to not show which series characters are from.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It's a theory where the next character has to be mute or else it'll ruin the perfect square on the voice test menu.
Ha hahahaha nice. Gotta save the players from their menu OCD. Though I think they'd prolly just resize the boxes so they can all fit nicely into a rectangle or whatever...

I seem to remember an adjacent theory about there being 5 voice slots after Steve dropped even though only 4 characters remained meaning one pick would have 2 voice actors...

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
It's a theory where the next character has to be mute or else it'll ruin the perfect square on the voice test menu.
It becomes harder to believe that it is indicative of anything when you consider the other menus that won't be completed into a perfect square with just one fighter remaining. Such as the stages and the DLC spirits.

7NATOR

Smash Master
You know, If the August Direct was taken down because there may be another Direct sometime in August, I'm unsure if it has to coincide with the Specific day of August 8th, perhaps anytime in August would do

If they are taking down the Direct because they are afraid of people looking for the new Smash Direct in August, and stumbling upon the Old Direct instead, then I'm sure those same people also aren't gonna know what specific day the actual Direct was

I think the Month is more important here. If someone looks up the Smash Direct and sees the Final Smash Direct for November, they probably have more reason to believe that's an old direct since Currently it's not November 2021, but it might be easier to mistake the Old August Direct because we currently are in August

SNEKeater

Smash Master
To clarify, the Xenoblade 3 info comes from Imran Khan so the info is basically 99% real considering how reliable he is.

He also says Xenoblade 3 will have returning characters and that it aims to increase the quantity of character models in screen, including both playable characters and enemies.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet

CP11 is going to be a Xenoblade 3 character :4pacman:
Surprised we haven't gotten a Xenoblade X remaster. Ever since the Chronicles remaster came out, I've been wanting them to update X. Give the textures a facelift, and update the character models so they aren't ugly as hell and revive the online components.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Surprised we haven't gotten a Xenoblade X remaster. Ever since the Chronicles remaster came out, I've been wanting them to update X. Give the textures a facelift, and update the character models so they aren't ugly as hell and revive the online components.
There’s a lot of unused content in X that can be utilized, like how XCDE did…

FreeFox

Smash Lord
To clarify, the Xenoblade 3 info comes from Imran Khan so the info is basically 99% real considering how reliable he is.

He also says Xenoblade 3 will have returning characters and that it aims to increase the quantity of character models in screen, including both playable characters and enemies.
Did he say anything aout the story? Or any new possible game play elements (besides the quantity of models)?

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Now there wouldn’t be any excuse to not include a Xeno 3 character on Smash 6.

Unless the game is already in planning stages and its roster already been designed :surprised:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Did he say anything aout the story? Or any new possible game play elements (besides the quantity of models)?
Nope, just that it is supposed to be a Xenoblade 2 sequel but like, hundred of years after the events of said game, and will have some returning characters.

It's fair to assume all the blades from 2 could return. Specially Pyra and Mythra I'd say. And from Xenoblade 1 I don't think there are a lot of options besides the High Entia because of how long they live, which obviously means Melia returning.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Fascinating. If it's this late into development, maybe it could be the big new announcement of next year's E3 and the big launch of 2023?

Nope, just that it is supposed to be a Xenoblade 2 sequel but like, hundred of years after the events of said game, and will have some returning characters.

It's fair to assume all the blades from 2 could return. Specially Pyra/Mythram I'd say. And from Xenoblade 1 I don't think there are a lot of options besides the High Entia because of how long they live, which obviously means Melia returning.
Hmm. If that's the case, then the series is probably headed (for the foreseeable future) in a Nier-esque style where the games all follow a specific timeline, but they're set so far apart that the world has changed completely. You know, rather than a more FF-standalone type of worldbuilding.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

See, I believe there's been a misunderstanding. People have been saying "Mute Theory"... but it's actually been spelled wrong. It's MutIe Theory! Mutie, as in Mutant.

"Senator Kelly calls me mutie
He'll taste my adamantium...
CUT YOU DOWN TO SIZE
CREAM AND MURDERIZE!
Sabertooth likes so much spinaaaaaaaaach
Rays from Cyclops' eyes will finalize
Big fights I cannot finiiiiiiiiish
My mutant chromosomes
Aand the strong metal in my bones
Help me FIGHT SENTINAL ROBOT DRONES
And I heal very quicklyyyyyyyyyyy"
WolverMeme.png

He's gonna make it into Smash, BUB! Because he's the best there is at what he does!

Dude, I'm down for Xenoblade 3! BRING IT OOOOOOOOOOON

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Fascinating. If it's this late into development, maybe it could be the big new announcement of next year's E3 and the big launch of 2023?

Hmm. If that's the case, then the series is probably headed (for the foreseeable future) in a Nier-esque style where the games all follow a specific timeline, but they're set so far apart that the world has changed completely. You know, rather than a more FF-standalone type of worldbuilding.
Well the article says it was supposed to be revealed earlier this year. But due to production issues that didn't happen. Covid also doesn't help I guess.

I could totally see Xenoblade 3 being in the upcoming Nintendo Direct tho. Feels like an ideal game to begin or close the presentation IMO.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You see, XCX getting remastered would cost money and Xenoblade doesn't make enough money to justify a remaster which is why we'll get a sequel with Jenna ****ing Coleman as that's more worthwhile because **** people who enjoyed XCX

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I saw soemone say this on gamefaq’s and it actually stuck out to me. They held off revealing banjo’s amibo in banjo’s presentation and then we got Steve’s announcement where he had banjo’s amibo revealed. What they pointed out was that Steve didn’t get his amibo revealed in his presentation so their theory was that another Microsoft rep might be last where we’ll see Steve’s amibo.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
What if the story of Xenoblade 3 really just is:

Melia is standing there

Mythra is standing there too.

Melia goes "I'm gonna beat you up"

Mythra goes "Not if I beat you up first!"

They fight

A separate group of people have to venture from very far away to stop them from beating each other up.

That's the story. Would you play?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well the article says it was supposed to be revealed earlier this year. But due to production issues that didn't happen. Covid also doesn't help I guess.

I could totally see Xenoblade 3 being in the upcoming Nintendo Direct tho. Feels like an ideal game to begin or close the presentation IMO.
Which begs the question - how close would the announcement be? September or October?

That's also the release window for Dread and SMTV, right?

I saw soemone say this on gamefaq’s and it actually stuck out to me. They held off revealing banjo’s amibo in banjo’s presentation and then we got Steve’s announcement where he had banjo’s amibo revealed. What they pointed out was that Steve didn’t get his amibo revealed in his presentation so their theory was that another Microsoft rep might be last where we’ll see Steve’s amibo.
Well, no. The reason the BK amiibo didn't get revealed then was because pretty much no one had an amiibo yet. It took until Volume 2 for the Volume 1 amiibos to be produced.

And so far we're still missing... about 5 of them? 4 of the Volume 2 characters so far plus CP11. So really I don't think that theory is right.

EDIT: Here's the amiibo list if you're curious.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Which begs the question - how close would the announcement be? September or October?

Well, no. The reason the BK amiibo didn't get revealed then was because pretty much no one had an amiibo yet. It took until Volume 2 for the Volume 1 amiibos to be produced.

And so far we're still missing... about 5 of them? 4 of the Volume 2 characters so far plus CP11. So really I don't think that theory is right.
okay alright. I just saw it on gamefaqs and it stood out to me. Thanks for clearing things up

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Yeah, I'm thinking the fabled "Fall Direct" will be the time and place

But dude... when you said "BK amiibo", my brain didn't work for a second and I thought you were talking about a Burger King amiibo and I was like "What? Where? I want a Burger King amiibo!" then I remembered you were talking about the bear.

What character are you betting YOUR Burger King on?
1 King Betcha.png

SNEKeater

Smash Master

I'd say September because Directs usually happen during September, not October. But who knows

In any case maybe the game has been delayed enough to not be announced this year. If it doesn't appear in the next Direct I'd just assume it's going to be revealed next year. At best I could see it being announced at the Game Awards but I'm not really sure about that.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Maybe it's Flight Simulator where you control a plane... Man... Thing. ..

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord

Man I really hope this rumor is false because as much as I love both XC games, I'd really prefer they go the Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy route of making every story mostly separate with just some gameplay elements being shared, I think it's healthier for these RPG series that can tend to get too bloated with stuff.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Man I really hope this rumor is false because as much as I love both XC games, I'd really prefer they go the Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy route of making every story mostly separate with just some gameplay elements being shared, I think it's healthier for these RPG series that can tend to get too bloated with stuff.
If it's handled well the games can be directly connected without any issues.

The first 3 Persona games were all directly connected, and it felt fine, you could play the p2 games without playing p1 if you really wanted to. The events of the fourth game, Persona 3, are even implied to be a direct consequence of the events of P1 from what I remember. It's definitely at least related.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Maybe it's Flight Simulator where you control a plane... Man... Thing. ..

Dude, I would love a Flight Simulator where you are Starscream and you just fly around complaining about Megatron.

Or perhaps some kind of alternate sequel to The 1986 Movie where Starscream DOESN'T die, he just tosses Megatron out of Astrotrain "OH how it PAINS me to do this" and then just goes home and flies around Cybertron and that's the game.
I know that's Leader-1 of the Go-bots, not a Transformer, I'm not the BBC :)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I wouldn't worry, it's not like it's going to be Xenoblade Avengers or something like that. I'm sure there are going to be plenty of new characters and all.

Most returning characters will probably be there for cameos or secondary roles, I feel.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
2022 is gonna be a great year for the Switch

BOTW2
Splatoon 3
(potentially) XC3
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

and definitely more

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
If it's handled well the games can be directly connected without any issues.

The first 3 Persona games were all directly connected, and it felt fine, you could play the p2 games without playing p1 if you really wanted to. The events of the fourth game, Persona 3, are even implied to be a direct consequence of the events of P1 from what I remember. It's definitely at least related.
I guess I mean it's just more likely that the story could suffer if they choose to connect this too heavily to the previous XC games. I know that every game in the Xeno series is technically connected but it's so loose that it amounts to Easter eggs. The way the rumor up there was phrased makes it sound like it'll be pretty deep connections if whole sets of characters show up again. But you have a point, fair enough. "if it's handled well" could apply to anything since pretty much any idea in gaming could be fun if the execution is en pointe.

Also I was just hoping Blades wouldn't come back at all since the gacha mechanics are one of the parts of XC2 I really disliked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom