• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I just checked and it turns out that the Twitch version of the August 8th Direct is still available https://www.twitch.tv/videos/294634632
This is all an elaborate prank by Nintendo and each time we find a copy they remove it. Typical Nintendo Bull**** as like when you can't get past level 2 in ninja gaiden cause of that one ******* in the way an you don't have the power up anymore.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I might as well put together what my likely list is on the grounds of them being from a company already involved

Capcom picks
Chun-li
Phoenix Wright

Sega Picks
Eggman
PSO character
Arle

Microsoft picks
Master Chief
Doom Marine

Bandai Namco
Digimon

Square Enix
Lara Croft

Konami Rep
...Pyramid head if we push it maybe?

SNK
Kyo?
Metal Slug characters?

Companies that have had spirit events and mii costumes
Space Invaders
Bub and Bob
Jimmy and Billy Lee
Rayman
Assassin's Creed protag
Sol Badguy
Ryu Hiabusa

Nintendo
Gen 8 Pokemon
Chibi-Robo...?
BotW related character?

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting but that's about it for a short list of companies already on board.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I just checked and it turns out that the Twitch version of the August 8th Direct is still available https://www.twitch.tv/videos/294634632
If it's because they don't want people to confuse a 8/8 direct for a different 8/8 direct, it might make sense why Nintendo wouldn't bother taking down the twitch video. Not as mainstream as Youtube.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Well I might as well put together what my likely list is on the grounds of them being from a company already involved

Capcom picks
Chun-li
Phoenix Wright

Sega Picks
Eggman
PSO character
Arle

Microsoft picks
Master Chief
Doom Marine

Bandai Namco
Digimon

Square Enix
Lara Croft

Konami Rep

SNK
Kyo?
Metal Slug characters?

Space Invaders
Bub and Bob
Jimmy and Billy Lee
Rayman
Assassin's Creed protag
Sol Badguy
Ryu Hiabusa

Nintendo
Gen 8 Pokemon
Chibi-Robo...?
BotW related character?

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting but that's about it for a short list of companies already on board.
I think Bill Rizer is probably the most likely character for Konami. For Microsoft, I agree that Master Chief and Doomguy are the most likely but I wouldn’t count out the Battletoads or Fulgore as they have a strong history with Nintendo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Capcom picks
Chun-li
Phoenix Wright

Sega Picks
Eggman
PSO character
Arle

Microsoft picks
Master Chief
Doom Marine

Bandai Namco
Digimon

Square Enix
Lara Croft

Konami Rep

SNK
Kyo?
Metal Slug characters?

Space Invaders
Bub and Bob
Jimmy and Billy Lee
Rayman
Assassin's Creed protag
Sol Badguy
Ryu Hiabusa

Nintendo
Gen 8 Pokemon
Chibi-Robo...?
BotW related character?

For Square I’d add Neku, and for Microsoft, probably Ori

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
It's definitely more likely that CP11 is from a company that's been involved with Smash in some capacity
A small part of me still wants a brand new company, but I'm definitely not holding onto the possibility as a guarantee

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Capcom picks
Chun-li
Phoenix Wright

Sega Picks
Eggman
PSO character
Arle

Microsoft picks
Master Chief
Doom Marine

Bandai Namco
Digimon

Square Enix
Lara Croft

Konami Rep

SNK
Kyo?
Metal Slug characters?

Space Invaders
Bub and Bob
Jimmy and Billy Lee
Rayman
Assassin's Creed protag
Sol Badguy
Ryu Hiabusa

Nintendo
Gen 8 Pokemon
Chibi-Robo...?
BotW related character?

You're missing a pretty big contender from Sega...
|
|
V​

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
If the video has been removed because of an assist in that presentation getting in as an playable character as they don’t want outdated information, then there’s only 5 good options. Krystal, Zero, Alucard, Ashley and Shovel Knight.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
If the video has been removed because of an assist in that presentation getting in as an playable character as they don’t want outdated information, then there’s only 5 good options. Krystal, Zero, Alucard, Ashley and Shovel Knight.
Alucard would have to be the most likely option because BRUH, the dude practically has a whole moveset already.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Bill Rizer is probably the most likely character for Konami. For Microsoft, I agree that Master Chief and Doomguy are the most likely but I wouldn’t count out the Battletoads or Fulgore as they have a strong history with Nintendo.
If Snake couldn't sneak in a pistol I have no idea how Bill or Lance would work. Maybe if they go the game and watch route and have them as pixel people firing pellets? Another Rare Aulmni following Banjo and Kazooie is another possibility but I don't think any of them got quite the same clout.

For Square I’d add Neku, and for Microsoft, probably Ori
Those both seem kind of niche to me. Then again we got Bayonetta in Smash 4 so who's to say what goes.

You're missing a pretty big contender from Sega...
|
|
V​
Oh yeah, there was rumors of SMTV protagonist. Well it certainly has been in development long enough for Smash to be a definite possibility but personally I'd say it was redundant with Joker already there.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I highly doubt Alucard
Castlevania has a myriad of content. 34 tracks, 2 fighters, an AT, a decent collection of spirits, and not to mention A BOSS

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I highly doubt Alucard
Castlevania has a myriad of content. 34 tracks, 2 fighters, an AT, a decent collection of spirits, and not to mention A BOSS
Buuuut, he was considered to be a fighter and Second Chance theory has been true thus far. As well he is likely going to factor into the new Anime so it is possible he could be on Konamis list for promotion.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Buuuut, he was considered to be a fighter and Second Chance theory has been true thus far. As well he is likely going to factor into the new Anime so it is possible he could be promoted.
Those points are true.
In a way it WOULD be poetic.

The first 3rd party ever revealed in Smash history is Konami owned.
The last (possibly) 3rd party ever revealed in smash history UP TO NOW being Konami (once again) would be cool

Snake --> Alucard

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
It's definitely more likely that CP11 is from a company that's been involved with Smash in some capacity
A small part of me still wants a brand new company, but I'm definitely not holding onto the possibility as a guarantee
a new company is a lot more likely than people think. If we go by companies represented by dlc newcomers specifically then we have

atlus/sega
Nintendo
Microsoft/ mojang
Square Enix
Namco
Snk

we can probably assume Namco, square Enix and Microsoft aren’t getting a 2nd rep in 1 pass so we can leave them out which leaves us with

snk and sega/atlus. I personally doubt we’re getting more snk content as they got a hell of a tone of content with terry and it represented the whole fr Rather than 1 specific franchise

that leaves sega/atlus as the only company left from Both passes. If you wanna go further into companies that are on the trademark of the game but haven’t got a dlc rep then that leaves

capcom and Konami

capcom got a heck of a ton of mii costumes. 4 new ones off the top of my head so they’re unlikely and Konami got 2 brand new mii costumes with 1 of them being a deluxe so they’re unlikely as well

Basically when putting things into perspective, sega/atlus are the only company really standing in the way of a new company getting in that last spot. The chances of a new company are a lot more likely than people think.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Well, since Nintendo decided to erase the 8.8.18 Direct, I decided to go little futher.

View attachment 325448

Enjoy! :4pacman:
As someone who mains 2 of the characters revealed in that direct..
I object to this mod

Also Theguy123 Theguy123 good points, dude
Sega/Atlus has a handful of characters they could negotiate with Nintendo over

Sonic characters
Alex Kidd
Joe Musashi (the cooler Hayabusa)
Aiai
Kiryu

Demi-fiend
Flynn
Nahobino

And then newer companies are a different topic, but yea.
And once again by new, I mean NEW NEW. Like, a company with 0 content in Smash prior to CP11.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I really don't think this is true anymore considering the crossover appearances the hunter has made, and even if it is to whatever extent, Rathelos is still there. Adding the hunter isn't going to remove it from the game. Also it's not accounting for any "surprise" picks that aren't either of them, but still make sense somewhat.

The bigger reason why probably not hunter is because it's already a Mii Costume.
I would say the Hunter has a few reasons, but I know not everyone will see my reasons for thinking so the same way. The Mii Costume is one yes, but there’s also the Rise Spirit event funny enough.

Those Spirits came out in April, long after Pass 2 was decided. Magnamalo and Palamute make sense for Rise specifically, but why would Palico be for Rise when we get Hunter later?

On top of that, other MH crossovers use monsters and armors, not typically the Hunters themselves. Dragalia Lost has Rathalos and DL characters wearing armor, but no hunters. The Teppen mobile game thing has monsters and no hunters. MvC Infinite is an exception, but based on the MH team not wanting a Hunter for MvC3 and the Infinite team not even contacting Itsuko about Dante according to Dante’s VA, I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t even ask.

That said, not everyone will see it that way, but that’s why I PERSONALLY don’t think a Hunter is in the running.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What Direct? Why are you just posting the Smash Ultimate CSS? We have always been at war with Eastasia.
You know, wasn't it weird they way they did Banjo and Kazooie's trailer? Like, why start with that montage of villains if you're not revealing one? And it seems like they wanted to recreate Gruntilda's defeat, but in her place is...nothing.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
MvC Infinite is an exception, but based on the MH team not wanting a Hunter for MvC3 and the Infinite team not even contacting Itsuko about Dante according to Dante’s VA, I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t even ask.
One of the producers for MH is the son of the CEO/brother of the president of Capcom and the series is one of their biggest franchises. Unless they wanted to burn bridges they definitely asked as respecting the wishes of the people behind their rising star would certainly take priority.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
One of the producers for MH is the son of the CEO/brother of the president of Capcom and the series is one of their biggest franchises. Unless they wanted to burn bridges they definitely asked as respecting the wishes of the people behind their rising star would certainly take priority.
Was not aware of that, but even outside of that point (which was assumptions anyway based on other info), there’s still crossovers outside of MvCI. Based on other crossovers I wouldn’t be surprised if they were 100% satisfied with Rathalos and armors (being the Mii Costumes), but this too is an assumption and could very well be incorrect.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also Theguy123 Theguy123 good points, dude
Sega/Atlus has a handful of characters they could negotiate with Nintendo over

Sonic characters
Alex Kidd
Joe Musashi (the cooler Hayabusa)
Aiai
Kiryu

Demi-fiend
Flynn
Nahobino

And then newer companies are a different topic, but yea.
And once again by new, I mean NEW NEW. Like, a company with 0 content in Smash prior to CP11.
Left out Arle/Puyo Puyo and Phantasy Star. :ultenderman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom