• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don't want to keep flooding the thread with these, but I just want to point out something funny.

AU didn't just private their video... they...

advanced privated it.
We’re getting the final presentation the 8th of this month you heard it here first bros

nah just kidding

unless?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I did also consider that they drop an official hint on the final character:

"The final character's from THIS company!"
"The final character's from THIS series!"
"The final character's third party!"
etc

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We can still watch the reveals for Simon, Richter and K. Rool separately right?

rip the Chrom and Dark Samus reveals tho as they were in the direct and weren’t full fledged trailers

SKX31

Smash Master
Instead of Mario & Sonic, we get Smash Bros. at the Olympic Games. :4pacman:

I knew this meme would be useful again one day...
We’re getting the final presentation the 8th of this month you heard it here first bros

nah just kidding

unless?

Wait!

Guess who's up after Tokyo?

It almost looks like a stock icon. Hmm... :4pacman:

And yes, I fully take credit for coming up with this inane and absurd "theory".

Hmmm…something’s up if all but the JP version of the August 2018 Direct are being private by Nintendo. Maybe a teaser if some kind in the coming weeks?

Also, on a separate note, YES I’D LOVE AT’S FOR THE DLC SERIES.

If that were possible, who would you pick? My choices are:
  • Jack Frost
  • Golem
  • Mumbo Jumbo
  • Nakoruru
  • Creeper
  • Tifa
  • Jin Kazama
Okay, I'mma do this a bit different for the sake of it:

• Persona 1's protagonist
  • Carver (DQ VI)
  • Klungo (complete with potion use and throwing)
  • Athena
  • Claude
  • Dr. Coyle
  • Ender Dragon
  • Cait Sith, complete with Dice and Slots Limit Breaks
  • Gonna go with Nia
  • Kuma, or Steve showing off why he was a Game Breaker in Tekken 5.

We can still watch the reveals for Simon, Richter and K. Rool separately right?

rip the Chrom and Dark Samus reveals tho as they were in the direct and weren’t full fledged trailers
The best way to go about watching them is either the JP version (assuming it's not privated) or re-streams, such as reactions to the Direct.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
ayy yo if we’re getting a potential tease for the next fighter soon like we did with arms then it gives more credibility to the last character being an AT upgrade.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Don't want to keep flooding the thread with these, but I just want to point out something funny.

AU didn't just private their video... they...

advanced privated it.
AU is something else, man... first that thing in the site, now this. Interns might be having fun.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ok hold up if they do the ARMS style thing here are some possibilities I can think of; y'all are welcome to add:
1) a League of Legends Champion
2) An Apex Legend (yes, even if that leak's probably fake, the idea does simultaneously make a bit of sense, so the game's on my mind)
3) An AT (credit to Theguy123)
4) A Gen 8 pokemon (it's possible..)

Edits:
5) A Paladins characters (Since we discussed that "Androxus leak", might as well add it here)

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Update. Seems like the Netherlands Nintendo channel also privated it for some reason.

EDIT: Looking through the website, seems to have been privated in all places except Japan at first glance.
aww, how else will we know that iconen uit de gamewereld het tegen elkaar opnemen in de ultieme showdown, die je altijd, overal en met iedereen **** spelen?

EDIT: smashboards censor what the soepkip are you doing i swear its just a modal verb!

Last edited:

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
Hmmm…something’s up if all but the JP version of the August 2018 Direct are being private by Nintendo. Maybe a teaser if some kind in the coming weeks?

Also, on a separate note, YES I’D LOVE AT’S FOR THE DLC SERIES.

If that were possible, who would you pick? My choices are:
  • Jack Frost
  • Golem
  • Mumbo Jumbo
  • Nakoruru
  • Creeper
  • Tifa
  • Jin Kazama
I would personally like to see Igor as the Persona Assist Trophy, and he would summon two of a few SMT demons/personas

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
aww, how else will we know that iconen uit de gamewereld het tegen elkaar opnemen in de ultieme showdown, die je altijd, overal en met iedereen **** spelen?

EDIT: smashboards censor what the soepkip are you doing i swear its just a modal verb!
Screenshot_20210804-111507.png

Bottom confused text

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Okay so the caption of the Dutch website was “how else…**** spelen” so I used it as a copypasta. SmashBoards however, censored the Dutch word for “can” because it resembles a particularly Australian-sounding swear word. So..yeah that’s all.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'd say the purge of the 8.8 is pretty suspicious, except for the fact that the 8th is Sunday, and it's been ages since we've had a direct on a Sunday
I'm not sure if it's the LAST direct of ANY kind to be on a Sunday..

But we've gotten a Smash direct on a Sunday.
According to a Weekly Calendar I found on Google, June 14, 2015 is a Sunday.

On that day, we got Sm4sh DLC revealed to us.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
"Alright I finished cleaning up the playlist and managing them in correct order, now just have to sa-... Oh no"

"Frank what have you done"

"I... I deleted a three years old direct video..."

"Oh it's not a big deal then!"

"It was a Smash Direct boss"

"Oh no"

"And I did it in all languages Sir"

"Oh no"

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sunday to us is Monday in Japan right? I don’t think it’s impossible

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Alright I finished cleaning up the playlist and managing them in correct order, now just have to sa-... Oh no"

"Frank what have you done"

"I... I deleted a three years old direct video..."

"Oh it's not a big deal then!"

"It was a Smash Direct boss"

"Oh no"

"And I did it in all languages Sir"

"Oh no"
Wasnt Frank the name we gave the person that made the made eshop have an update while Joker came out?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All this means is that Nintendo wants to erase the low tier Belmonts after many complaints from scrubs and are erasing all traces that they were in Smash, the next patch will have Shanoa replace the two as a unique newcomer but Nintendo won't make a Presents as they want to trick you into thinking she was always in the base roster

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What if Nintendo is purposely trying to misdirect people by privatising their videos? Like they're trying to do something that might leave the answer to the next character out in the open like the SNK copyright incident so they privatise one of their videos to distract us from what they're really doing.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
What if Nintendo is purposely trying to misdirect people by privatising their videos? Like they're trying to do something that might leave the answer to the next character out in the open like the SNK copyright incident so they privatise one of their videos to distract us from what they're really doing.
This would be hilarious.
"Guys, it's almost certain that we are going to **** up something before the last character is revealed. I suggest we **** it up ourselves on purpose so nothing worse can happen."

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'm not sure if it's the LAST direct of ANY kind to be on a Sunday..

But we've gotten a Smash direct on a Sunday.
According to a Weekly Calendar I found on Google, June 14, 2015 is a Sunday.

On that day, we got Sm4sh DLC revealed to us.
Right, that was when the 50-Fact Extravaganza came out and revealed that silhouette of Mewtwo... I wonder, could there be an announcement of a bonus fighter in this 8/8 direct, in the same style?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
OK so

The date of the yeeted Direct was 8.8.2018

That's three 8s.

Three times 8? 24.

You know what number 24 can be divided by?

Gang

The reason Twelve wasn't in SFV was because he'll be in SMASH
View attachment 325226
He is the best character because you can just disregard how ****ty his moveset is and just play whoever your opponent is.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Strange that of all the times for the direct to be removed, it’d be less than a week before the 3 year anniversary of it.

Not sure it means anything, but its interesting. I could see a mini update featuring something along the lines of potentially a new stage or mode.
Didn’t they say home run was the last new mode though? At the very least I can see an addition to an existing mode

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Right, that was when the 50-Fact Extravaganza came out and revealed that silhouette of Mewtwo... I wonder, could there be an announcement of a bonus fighter in this 8/8 direct, in the same style?
Hmm maybe
If a bonus fighter REALLY happens, it's gotta either be an original first party or an echo.

Could be a bonus stage, too.
Imagine if some 3rd party companies couldn't negotiate characters, but instead stages; while not too likely, that'd be super neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom