• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Reggie AMA tomorrow 8/3 at 9 PM EST.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I’m aware of that but there is also no rule saying Smash can only have characters and content from canon games. I’d love to see lot more from spinoff games. Besides, HW Impa looks to be largely inspired by her Skyward Sword design, which is canon.
Ironically, both of the HW Impas are the two best Impas. I'd be fine with either, and wouldn't mind get HW2 as a Sheik echo. But I'd prefer HW1.

Gives me somewhat of a Silver Surfer vibe
In practice, Twelve is more like Venom.

if Smash had kept itself only to Nintendo owned Characters, what do you think the Difference would be in terms of Sales?
Less.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hero is still apart of a long running and historical franchise. They just made Luminary the default skin for promotional purposes with DQ11S.

The fact that they went back and changed Hero's placement in All-Star to DQ3's release date tells me that they really wanted Erdrick to be the default skin.
They changed it to Dragon Quest 1's release date, actually.

Erdrick is however still the chronologically earliest Hero among the alts, but it doesn't mean anything within the context you gave. Sakurai probably did want that, though, being he's a huge fan of 3. But there's no legitimate evidence towards it beyond at most Erdrick being chosen for a Spirit Event some time later, and Erdrick quickly taking over the Trailer. However, he was intended to be one of the two alts regardless(SE suggested having more than two alts), so both of those may be just coincidences too. Either way, Luminary and 11 has a bit more content than the rest(the stage, the Kirby Hat, obviously the core Hero of the reveal part, first hero in the alt lineup).

Ironically despite that date matching the original DQ1, the only way to play as that Hero is a Mii costume. And they aren't part of that mode, so.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They changed it to Dragon Quest 1's release date, actually.

Erdrick is however still the chronologically earliest Hero among the alts, but it doesn't mean anything within the context you gave. Sakurai probably did want that, though, being he's a huge fan of 3. But there's no legitimate evidence towards it beyond at most Erdrick being chosen for a Spirit Event some time later, and Erdrick quickly taking over the Trailer. However, he was intended to be one of the two alts regardless(SE suggested having more than two alts), so both of those may be just coincidences too. Either way, Luminary and 11 has a bit more content than the rest(the stage, the Kirby Hat, obviously the core Hero of the reveal part, first hero in the alt lineup).

Ironically despite that date matching the original DQ1, the only way to play as that Hero is a Mii costume. And they aren't part of that mode, so.
Thinking about the release date change, I wonder if this is why Hero got excluded from the 2010s tourney.

For context, he was excluded from every other tourney because of the default being Luminary, but was also excluded from the 2010 tourney, maybe because Smash now classifies Hero as a 80s character?

Other characters with alts that debuted in different decades such as Alph or the Koopalings were permitted to play in their original character's decade tourney.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Oh.
Well I didn't expect that
Nor should you. It's ridiculous.

Blackmail? really? That is not how any of this works.
The scenario described is more bribery than it is blackmail(EA is being offered something to cooperate, not being threatened if they don't).

Either way, it's still BS.

We've been speculating Nahobino yet some of us are like "Apex is too new".
Probably, ya know, not the same people.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, he's between Mega Man and Daisy now, which means it's referencing DQ3.

If it were referencing DQ1, then he'd be between Zelda and Samus.
When I was looking up dates due to reading that, I misread something. My bad.

Thinking about the release date change, I wonder if this is why Hero got excluded from the 2010s tourney.

For context, he was excluded from every other tourney because of the default being Luminary, but was also excluded from the 2010 tourney, maybe because Smash now classifies Hero as a 80s character?

Other characters with alts that debuted in different decades such as Alph or the Koopalings were permitted to play in their original character's decade tourney.
That's probably it. While the date is odd to change, it's still the chronological first Hero among the alts, so him representing the mode makes enough sense. That said, I don't think it actually means a thing either. In the case of Olimar, my guess is cause he's the original Captain. The Koopalings were lucky alts, but the main character is supposed to be Bowser Jr. Hero is just named after the Class, not the specific character, so it's possible it's just an exception to how they do it. That said, bias easily could be at work too. I don't think it's the case, mind you, but it's hardly impossible.

Also, it's a third party thing, so maybe they already intended to change it after DQ11 had its sales for a while. Mainly to throw more advertisement towards 3. Could've been some deal in general even. There's a few possibilities, really, why it's a unique change.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
This has been up on 4chan for probabaly at least 10 minutes or so judging by the amount of comments. Any way of debunking this. https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/565996313

could be a fan made character for all I know since I don’t know who this character is so if it’s fanmade then sorry in advance

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
we basically have way too many theory’s and coincidences lining up which is making speculation get out of hand and becoming boring and awful to the point where people just want it to end. These are theories and coincidences We currently have

fixing the base roster theory
parallel theory
40 names list leak
Mute theory
M theory
Crowd cheer theory
Sephiroth’s trailer
Tournament theories

And those are just theories and/or coincidences that I can think of off the top of my head. People at this point just want the speculation to end because of how ridiculous things are becoming

Didn’t even mention the rapper mario leak which has some debate going for it but I think most have come to the conclusion that it’s fake because of how vague it is.
You forgot thirst theory. The best one of the bunch. :4pacman:

So we're just going to ignore the fact that we have 8 more pages to go so I can grace this entire discussion board with something beautiful?
I cant hardly wait.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This has been up on 4chan for probabaly at least 10 minutes or so judging by the amount of comments. Any way of debunking this. https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/565996313
For those curious... the post says "December". I'm guessing that's when they think the release is.

Also the OP (or someone with the same pfp) says it's Bill Cosby so it is a false alarm.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
O
For those curious... the text says "December".

Also the OP (or someone with the same pfp) says it's Bill Cosby so it is a false alarm.
I was referring to the image they attached. It seemed to be a WOL continuation. Wasn’t referring the date. The picture they attached

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
O

I was referring to the image they attached. It seemed to be a WOL continuation. Wasn’t referring the date. The picture they attached
It looks like General Grevious (or someone else, it looks like General Grevious to me) so I'm leaning towards it being fake.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
don’t have a clue. From what I got from the comments, it seemed to be someone from a game called paladins
Looking up characters real quick shows me that the character is Androxus.

Androxus.png

Androxus seems to be a gun using character who rewards accurate shooting with increased Melee power.

SKX31

Smash Master
Who’s IceFrog?
Main developer behind Dota (2) since 2005 - he's very much an interesting compare / contrast with Sakurai since the two devs are quite alike.

On one hand, both guys play all sorts of games and has let that influence their view of games: We all know with Sakurai, while IceFrog is happy to sneak in all kinds of references into Dota. One hero is even directly based on FFX's Kimahri Ronso (both looks and weapon), just heavily retooled from a Dragoon into an illusion printer. They're both also very much dedicated with their main games.

On the other, Sakurai revealed himself pretty early on, IceFrog stayed anonymous to the point no one else figured out what his name was until a 2017 court document disclosed it. Sakurai's also taken time off to focus on other games like KI Uprising - IceFrog has exclusively spent his working career focusing on Dota.

Of course, one can certainly pull this kind of compare / contrast with any developer (comparing Sakurai with Harada or Kojima, for example) and that is never going to be a perfect comparision, but certainly fun food for thought.

could be a fan made character for all I know since I don’t know who this character is so if it’s fanmade then sorry in advance
Yeah I'm feeling confident in calling this fake since chances are that they took a standard render of Androxus and slapped it in front of Dharkron.

Is paladins popular?

Whatever the case. I am happy to see an image leak.
Not exceptionally popular from what I know, there was some noise around it a couple years back. Still has an active playerbase: it routinely has a 10K concurrent on Steam, and PlayerCounter estimates a ca. 20K concurrent playercount in total, with the biggest share coming from Brazil.

Going to tag 3BitSaurus for confirmation here.

Looking up characters real quick shows me that the character is Androxus.

Androxus seems to be a gun using character who rewards accurate shooting with increased Melee power.
For some reason this looks like Genji from Overwatch to me.
He does have the Genji dash + Reaper's revolver, but also a punch skill that can hit multiple targets and an absorber / reflector skill. His ultimate also mutates the revolver and gives it explosive rounds + gives him flight for 4 sec.

So yeah on both.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The leak is fake because of that Dharkon but Paladins could bring some unqiue characters like...

Evie

Moji

or My Personal Favorite character, Imani

I've played Paladins almost as long as I've played Overwatch and this is like the first time I can bring it up in speculation

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The leak is fake because of that Dharkon but Paladins could bring some unqiue characters like...

Evie

Moji

or My Personal Favorite character, Imani

I've played Paladins almost as long as I've played Overwatch and this is like the first time I can bring it up in speculation
Why does it remind me of Battleborn?

That game had a penguin in a mech, so it was at least 5x better than Overwatch ever was...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom