• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy Birthday Mr. Sakurai! 🎂🎈

For those interested, the Japanese part translated is:

"It has nothing to do with this picture, but thank you for all the birthday mentions! Excuse me."

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday Mr. Sakurai! 🎂🎈

For those interested, the Japanese part translated is:

"It has nothing to do with this picture, but thank you for all the birthday mentions! Excuse me."
The most important smash anniversary bar none. Thanks for all the memories, Mr Sakurai!

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I found out who the last Smash fighter is! I'll give you a hint.

-They're even more recognizable than Minecraft
-They've appeared in countless series like Mario, Sonic, Pacman, Final Fantasy and Minecraft
-They're appealing in every way
-They're getting their own game this year.

Ok, here they are. Don't let the Nintendo ninjas find out about this

This last fighter is...

a cat
_111434467_gettyimages-1143489763.jpg

SmashTales

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I am new here, s'up?
So…

I was checking Reddit, and came across these images of an apparent "Leak."

Supposedly, the next DLC would be
Androxus from Paladins: Champions Of The Realm

This first photo would show Androxus in-game, in an apparent playtest:

And this second photo would be from the Trailer of the character:

What do you think?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So…

What do you think?
Yes, we kinda talk about it the previous page.
I still like us getting a leak with images regardless of authenticity but....
I'm pretty positive that the Darkhon image used in the fake leak comes from the begining of Hero's trailer except it's zoomed in and slightly tilted

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So…

What do you think?
I think you should push your fake leaks elsewhere.

SmashTales

Smash Rookie
Double post
Yes, we kinda talk about it the previous page.
I still like us getting a leak with images regardless of authenticity but....
Oh, I didn't see it. Sorry haha.

Well, I had seen the resemblance too. Although if we use the imagination, we could believe that the Darkhon model was simply used at the same angle and everything.
Because he even seems to be on a somewhat different background. Like a "new location" or something.
But who knows

Hey ya'll, here's something a bit different.

Here's my moveset plans for Chrome Dino. However, some of this stuff is still undecided, so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
Cool! Haha

How about in his Down Taunt he bend over and sniff a little?

I think you should push your fake leaks elsewhere.
The first photo really got me thinking. But surely it is feak.
But one can dream

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I understand why they had the Luminary as the front man, but I still maintain that Erdrick should've been the default costume for the character.
Definitely. They should have been in release order.

You see a lot of nonsense on Smashboards but taking a Nintendo = heaven pun as a hint has gotta be the single dumbest thing I've read
Heaven = Apex meme pun was easily dumber.

Last edited:

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
You're confusing blackmail for ultimatum in this example.
Even so Nintendo doing this wouldn't be an ultimatum either. The correct term you are looking for is "quid pro quo", which is where the two parties each agree to do a favor for the other. i.e. Nintendo agrees to allow an EA character into smash in exchange for EA agreeing not to charge licensing fees to Nintendo to put their games on their system.

Not that I believe that this theory is true regardless. Seems to be a fanboy pushing his pet pick.
we basically have way too many theory’s and coincidences lining up which is making speculation get out of hand and becoming boring and awful to the point where people just want it to end. These are theories and coincidences We currently have

fixing the base roster theory
parallel theory
40 names list leak
Mute theory
M theory
Crowd cheer theory
Sephiroth’s trailer

Tournament theories
Bolded theories are those I have yet to read an explanation. Would you be so kind as to elaborate? I've been suspecting a certain character for sometime now, one who not only hasn't been eliminated by any any fan rules but still aligns with almost every single theory bar a few. A little extra penetration testing is always appreciated.

I found out who the last Smash fighter is! I'll give you a hint.

-They're even more recognizable than Minecraft
-They've appeared in countless series like Mario, Sonic, Pacman, Final Fantasy and Minecraft
-They're appealing in every way
-They're getting their own game this year.

Ok, here they are. Don't let the Nintendo ninjas find out about this

This last fighter is...

Although this is fine, too.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Bolded theories are those I have yet to read an explanation. Would you be so kind as to elaborate? I've been suspecting a certain character for sometime now, one who not only hasn't been eliminated by any any fan rules but still aligns with almost every single theory bar a few. A little extra penetration testing is always appreciated.

Sephiroth’s trailer was that it’s the only cgi trailer of all of the trailers to add third party cgi models. Each of the companies that got a cgi model has gotten new content in pass 2 apart from sega so the assumption is that sega will be getting a fighter or mii costumes in the last pack

mute theory is that there’s currently no more voice slots left on the voice menu In smash, therefore the last character is gonna be mute and literally say nothing. Nothing whatsoever, not even a muffle. Silly right?? Holds up though which is why people hold onto it because it worked out for pass 1

crowd cheer theory is something I can’t explain well. Someone else might be able to but I’ll try and explain it well here. I believe it was that English voice actors hadn’t been called back to do voice work for pass 2 because each of the characters chants were the same in Japanese and other languages such as English. However pyra and myphra’s chants are completely different in English and Japanese so I don’t know how it stands up still but apparently it does.

i hope someone on this page will explain crowd cheer theory better than I can because I still can’t understand it well to this day

And parallel theory was that in pass 1 we had

square Enix rep
2 Nintendo reps
A Microsoft rep
A fighting rep
And atlus/sega

in pass 2 we’ve had

a square rep
2 Nintendo reps
A Microsoft rep
A fighting rep

and we’re yet to get an atlus or sega rep.

thats parallel theory I believe.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Happy Tuesday folks

Seems the Apex talk has spiked on GameFAQs yesterday:

It was basicaly me and someone else pointing out how flawed the logic of a fake leaker was, not much else to say about it from my part.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Not exceptionally popular from what I know, there was some noise around it a couple years back. Still has an active playerbase: it routinely has a 10K concurrent on Steam, and PlayerCounter estimates a ca. 20K concurrent playercount in total, with the biggest share coming from Brazil.

Going to tag 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus for confirmation here.
Not too sure about it because I never got interested in Paladins, but given the popularity of other F2P shooters like Free Fire and Fortnite over here, I wouldn't really be surprised.

A little anecdote: being F2P goes a long way over here. Gaming is even more expensive than usual in Brazil, so if a game is decent and free, it's bound to draw some eyes, I'd say. It's why I'd hear a lot more people talking about Ragnarok (free) than WoW (paid) over here during the height of MMOs, for example.

Last edited:

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Rie, explaining why this pic means that Off the Hook and Octolings are confirmed:
View attachment 325128
Not going to lie, that photo is me when explaining to the people who call Knuckles' Chaotix a spin-off that said game is part of the main canon because the Japanese manual said it takes place several months after Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Tis a curse that plagues us all.
Good thing I'm picky about who I want in Smash so this problem has never been a thing for me. :yeahboi:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't really have that problem. I don't look at Lady Dimitrescu and think we've got a new contender on our hands.

Everyone I support are decades old now.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

We received a gift from the "Smash Bros." staff! Thank you. Shoulder EMS! OA glasses! And Kusui Gundam! No blind spot?

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144

We received a gift from the "Smash Bros." staff! Thank you. Shoulder EMS! OA glasses! And Kusui Gundam! No blind spot?
I didn't know that Sakurai was a Gundam fan!

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Sheeeeeesh

Mans receiving so much love today and I love to see it. : )

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Yooo that Gundam looks ****ing sick

BanishedAbsol

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just want to ask you all about your opinion on this: I’m planning to make a smash animation video and it’s about that last challenger. How likely do you guys think the reveal will come with the September direct next month? Do you think they’ll instead do a final smash direct like they did with smash 4 sometime in November or December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom